• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox

Killjoy-NL

Agreed nothing wrong with having a preference as I actually prefer the Xbox hardware especially the Elite controller over the Edge if nothing else I have gotten used to the 4 paddles on back and not limited to just 2

I hate ignoring people here because someday they might actually add something of value but when the same few people constantly take shots at one side or the other they earn that ignore
You aren't exactly any different if you then respond real quick with petty jabs before putting them on ignore again.

Just sayin.

DJ12

Xbox knows they can no longer "win" the console war and now these memos have been sent out, marching orders, to start the campaign its all about the games now

Side note have been saying for awhile now Xbox next system will not be of the traditional type

The higher end "console" will likely cost much more than what we see now but will run Steam

Will their plan work?

I don't know

Before people jump in and say "Just buy a PC" you will still have console only games to play, even if only timed like GTA6
Out of interest are the new marching orders to reference other console owners, predominantly PS5 owners, begging for Xbox content?

Seems to be a common narrative, where one 'former' Xbox fan say they cannot wait for something then another referencing how Sony fans are port begging.

Certainly feels that's the narrative that they are attempting to get traction on.

Last edited:

jm89

DenchDeckard DenchDeckard
I was playing on PCs since the 386 days. I'm an old school graphic adventure player. Before that I was Atari ST and Amiga 500. Before xbox consoles even were a twinkle in Bill Gates eyes. Before PS1.
Miniclip.com doesn't count as pc gaming

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Why do they always need to bring PlayStation into this?
3vNBmCH.jpeg

Preparing the hardcore fanbase and providing them a narrative so they all could pretend that this is exactly what they were hoping for all this time anyway.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
3vNBmCH.jpeg

I dont get it, its like some ppl need to justify what MS is doing by...playing Sony PC games on a device called Xbox.

Be more like PC? Just go all the way and get a PC. No need for half measures. Maybe they're thinking about dat GTA VI PC delay.....

:pie_thinking:

Consoles caters to a certain market, PC carters to a certain market.

If ppl focused on the games and not the hardware we use many wouldn't have been cheering for the ABK and Bethesda acquisitions. So much gaslighting these days when some fantasized about CoD being exclusive to Xbox.

0fb8a5f1b0a8e70099b6d58d8c5b14f1d56468cf.gif

Last edited:

RickMasters

That's the corner they are painting themselves into, why own the next Xbox?

It's also why Xbox next machines will not be traditional consoles we are used to seeing from them.
As long as it can run steam and my Xbox games I’m cool with it. Changing industry n all. I just care about my accounts and I want them on one box. I already do with my PCs but I need a console that does that. That’s what the next Xbox needs to be. And hell if they they go the reference model route I’m building mine out of fancy looking ASUS parts 😌👊🏿

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Agreed nothing wrong with having a preference as I actually prefer the Xbox hardware especially the Elite controller over the Edge if nothing else I have gotten used to the 4 paddles on back and not limited to just 2

I hate ignoring people here because someday they might actually add something of value but when the same few people constantly take shots at one side or the other they earn that ignore
Fair enough!

As long as it can run steam and my Xbox games I’m cool with it. Changing industry n all. I just care about my accounts and I want them on one box. I already do with my PCs but I need a console that does that. That’s what the next Xbox needs to be. And hell if they they go the reference model route I’m building mine out of fancy looking ASUS parts 😌👊🏿
Same. If they build a nice box that I can put under my tv and it plays my XBox games and more, I'll happily buy it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 has been hinting at just that. We all know how well a 600+ console sales and I doubt it's going to convince people to get it just because it can play all games.
Its been awhile since I have heard this but some within castle green really wanted their big boy next gen box to launch very close to GTA 6 and have that free marketing of the superior place to play it

Where that stands as of late I don't know

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Let me introduce you to ... Steam Deck.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
3vNBmCH.jpeg

Fucking hell, look at THAT spin, LMAO

I can't anymore - and this is one of the reasons why this brand is hated...
PR PR PR PR, bullshit spins, PR PR, no-show games, PR, PR
Fuck this company and their snake oil salesmen.

Imagine being this Colt character, a 40-something guy, shilling isn't a real job, in fact it's shameful no matter the money you make out of it.
Time to go and find a real one, besides , I'm curious as to what he answers when people ask about how he makes his living" - I sell vidjya game snake oil" ? LMAO...
Fucking America man, to think that it invented this kind of "profession" (influencers).
Then again, prostitution/whoring has been available since ancient times so...

G'damn, MS/Xbox couldn't be more obnoxious even if they tried with these people they pay to "represent" them

Last edited:

Nonehxc

RickMasters

Let me introduce you to ... Steam Deck.

Yeah….. that’s….. not quite what we mean….

Besides, steam deck is a handheld isn’t it? I want Refetence build that has console like simplicity, elegance but with upgradable parts ( just give it a PCI slot for a start). Steam deck is not that.

demigod

Xbox knows they can no longer "win" the console war and now these memos have been sent out, marching orders, to start the campaign its all about the games now

Side note have been saying for awhile now Xbox next system will not be of the traditional type

The higher end "console" will likely cost much more than what we see now but will run Steam

Will their plan work?

I don't know

Before people jump in and say "Just buy a PC" you will still have console only games to play, even if only timed like GTA6
Marching orders on why the PS5 Pro isn’t needed by the media/influencers and even some on here because xbox has no pro version.

Its been awhile since I have heard this but some within castle green really wanted their big boy next gen box to launch very close to GTA 6 and have that free marketing of the superior place to play it

Where that stands as of late I don't know
oh, so the delusion runs deep inside that company.

RickMasters

I feel I am pretty "console neutral" because I will play where the games are because I own them all but in the end I still have a preference because I like the hardware better on one

Maybe that doesn't make me neutral I guess, I dunno actually

I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. At the end of the day whichever devices takes up your gaming time the most is your preferred and there will be reasons.

I know why I prefer co soles to PC and intern an Xbox o we a PlayStation. I prefer the controller, the OS, my details are after on an Xbox than on a PS. And of course there my friends and my digital game library. I got into PC gaming by way of alway having powerful custom built computers mainly for music production and sound engineering. I tend to always look at the high end side of things so along with a top end CPU, fancy ram and a the most expensive components ( with PC parts, much like car parts…you get what you pay for, I beleive) so naturally I go for mid to high end GPU. Next thing you know I’m playing firefall ( remember that game ) and I have a steam account.

But I’ve always looked at my e box as entention of my PCs and my Microsoft account in general.

I think PS and switch are good consoles for who likes them though.

I feel I am pretty "console neutral" because I will play where the games are because I own them all but in the end I still have a preference because I like the hardware better on one

Maybe that doesn't make me neutral I guess, I dunno actually

Pretty much. I have an Xbox, SteamDeck, Switch, PS5, and PC. I prefer Xbox. Doesn’t mean I am against other platforms though.

Nothing wrong with a favorite or a preference. It’s when you actively root against other platforms when you become a loser.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Yeah….. that’s….. not quite what we mean….

Besides, steam deck is a handheld isn’t it? I want Refetence build that has console like simplicity, elegance but with upgradable parts ( just give it a PCI slot for a start). Steam deck is not that.
You can connect Steam Deck to TV / monitors and play it that way if you want.

And you can't have "simplicity" and "upgradable parts" at the same time. They're the opposite of each other.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Pretty much. I have an Xbox, SteamDeck, Switch, PS5, and PC. I prefer Xbox. Doesn’t mean I am against other platforms though.

Nothing wrong with a favorite or a preference. It’s when you actively root against other platforms when you become a loser.
Nah. Plenty of platforms out there have deserved failure.

RickMasters

You can connect Steam Deck to TV / monitors and play it that way if you want.

And you can't have "simplicity" and "upgradable parts" at the same time. They're the opposite of each other.

I disagree. You can have both expandablity and simplicity. It’s a question of engineering and design.

Top Bottom