• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k10 official thread of git your ass back on the ship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheFreshPrince said:
Anyone have any rebounding tips?

I'm playing against the CPU on All-Star and just getting killed on the boards. Any tips?
if you haven't touched game sliders, everything is defaulted to 50.
go into your game sliders and put offensive rebound at around 25-30. Defensive at 60-70.
that will give you the most realitic rebounding stats.
GAF league sliders have been reasonably realistic with stats such as rebounding.
i'll post it in the OP when its available.

EDIT: if the servers are forgiving tonight, anyone down for teamup?

I am here for team up and practice matches with league settings.

Holla @ me! Playin these scrub ass laggers on ranked isn't doing anywhere here a bit of good. Get some real work in! My tag is available in the online thread!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
viakado said:
if you haven't touched game sliders, everything is defaulted to 50.
go into your game sliders and put offensive rebound at around 25-30. Defensive at 60-70.
that will give you the most realitic rebounding stats.
GAF league sliders have been reasonably realistic with stats such as rebounding.
i'll post it in the OP when its available.

EDIT: if the servers are forgiving tonight, anyone down for teamup?

Id be down for getting the gaf sliders ASAP so I can put them in my association file, that way I can get used to them faster :)

DCX

DCX
rjcc said:
has anyone managed to get a created player an nba look yet? I didn't do the combine thing, so my undrafted free agent is a 45 rated pf in the d-league right now.
I was the last cut on the Knicks training camp, i'm playing with Maine in the D League. I'm rated like 48 i think my mid range rating is like 77 or something like that. I led the Knicks in scoring and they dropped me in favor of Bruce Bowen...fucks.

DCX

I just got owned by Luke Ridnour <cuts self>

quick ps3 impressions

Before I played one game I put the shooting sliders down 5 points each, fiddled with the stamina slider, and pushed the help d thing down to 20. and I like what I see.

I can't play d for shit and Iggy can't shoot worth a damn ( seriously are the jumpshot sped up ) I might have to up the minutes from 7 to 8 the game ened 71- 64.

but this game is awesome. The commentary is a bit overated but maybe thats because it's quick game and I the fact that I breath 2k9 soo yeah.

Good game tho.

Luke Fucking Ridnour.

For those with a PS3 version, how is the online play/connection? I had issues with NBA and NHL 2K9 last year- never figured it out really.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I am getting pretty tired of losing. My team can never seem to play defense and they always leave their man wide open. Is it better on All-Star, because the defense's AI is just crap on Pro.

Oh, and I've played 2k for the past 10 years, and I've never had a problem before.

mac-littering-avatar.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
SephCast said:
I am getting pretty tired of losing. My team can never seem to play defense and they always leave their man wide open. Is it better on All-Star, because the defense's AI is just crap on Pro.

Oh, and I've played 2k for the past 10 years, and I've never had a problem before.

mac-littering-avatar.gif

Put help defense slider in your coaching sliders (in game) to zero. And turn your defensive awareness slider up in the game settings. And turn the CPU offensive awareness down a notch too.
Go up 5 for you, down 5 for them.

Try that.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Tried playing a new season with the Grizz since Ill be playing with them online, changed some sliders around (the ones from OS from last page) and put 9 minute quarters up.

Won the game! Realistic scoring, realistic misses from both sides, much better fouling .... yep, big improvement

My game STILL cant connect to the 2k servers though, WTF. Hasnt been able to do that since release, so I still cant download my Draft Combine character.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How's the association mode? Anyone run more than two seasons yet?

ecnal

SephCast said:

just run the same thing the CPU runs versus you;

2a6w3o9.jpg

HoF settings, no game slider adjustments, i'm the spurs.

1. drive to the hole
2. even if you can't get by the guy, just keep going towards basket
3. watch the defense collapse
4. ???????
5. profit

sometimes i think the AI gets worse with every iteration of 2K basketball... that can't be happening though...

you don't even need money shots or iso exploits anymore. the game's logic is broken enough to give you a wide open shot even if you don't deserve it. :lol

So I played 2k10 tonight for real. WTF is up with the slow ass turbo in this game. The entire game has been brought down to a crawl. The players feel like they are running through molasses. And I'm not kidding. I understand the new turbo/fatigue system but this is not about that.

When you press turbo, the player BARELY moves faster AT ALL. Not Lebron, not Rondo, nobody. And if you do press a little turbo, well then forget it, your guys will tire out like a bunch of out of shape bums. I play basketball and I run up and down full court games for hours, and I'm not dead tired like that. These guys are athletes. I understand the need to limit the turbo, but the system is a bit much, and the players get stupidly tired way too fast. Within 3 mins of the 1st quarter, your entire team might be blinking with one bar left. Stupid.

But at least if the turbo would DO something. They barely gain ANY speed whatsoever. Their animation also doesn't reflect a more full blown sprint, the character model just moves slightly faster. There's absolutely no sense of speed from what I've played.

Am I the only one feeling this? I feel like I just went form Super Smash Melee to Brawl, where they fucked up all the physics and it's not the same anymore :lol

And one more complaint before I go to bed.

For the second year in a row they have completely left out some mascots, Where the hell is Burnie the mascot for the Heat? He was inexplicably missing last year, and nowhere to be seen now. He was in 2k7 and 2k8 as I remember. I fiugred they would correct this, but nope.

EVEN WORSE. In their effort to make some "authentic arena specific" chants, they added a "LETS GO HEAT!" chant. The problem with this is that in the game it does the typical "LETS HEEEAAATTT *clap clap..clap clap clap*" I have NEVER heard this in my life at a Heat game. The heat chant is a constant "LETS GO HEAT. LETS GO HEAT" That simple little touch would have added so much to the atmosphere, but instead they fucked it up. I haven't played Live, but the Live demo had some fantastic crowd noises. This is the #1 area for improvement in 2k for presentation, along with commentary. Hopefully they can really nail it for 2k11.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
speculawyer said:
I doubt that is the issue . . . isn't it still an issue if you plan offline by yourself?

I suspect they are just trying to do too much at the same time. They are either going to have to optimize the code or start cutting some bells & whistles. With the latter, they should look for graphical enhancements that they could drop.

Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>>> pretty graphics. Always.

Now they are saying turn off Key Zoom.

It works wonders for me on most courts. I also try not to use cameras that aren't too dynamic.

This game has a fuckbasket of problems. But My Player is well worth it.

tadcalabash

Neo Member
I'm a huge NBA 2K fan, and this game makes me very very sad.

I haven't played a ton, but have already encountered a ton of disheartening bugs, especially in the new My Player mode.

- There's the one where an accidental button press before the ball is inbounded causes your player grade to nosedive (went from A to D+ in the final minute of a game).

- The duplicate player bug once you finish Summer League.

- Not a bug, (but smells of just not caring) in Summer League play you cycle through cameras with the D-pad, and there's a few options. However in Training Camp (playing the exact same mode) you actually get a camera menu, but there's only 4 or 5 options and none are in the broadcast style (how I prefer to play)

- Had 2 system lock ups while simming during summer league games

- Oh yeah, the crazy lag during gameplay in crowded arenas.

NBA 2K10 is exhibit A in the argument against set in stone release dates.

Raging Spaniard

aznpxdd said:
What a bad night. Couldn't do shit with 2k's server being down and all.

Wanna know the funny part? After we all gave up and left I check to see if uploading My Player would finally fucking work, so I went to Draft Combine and reuploaded him, went to 2k10 and MAGICALLY everything worked fine, no connection issues no nothing for like an hour.

Hopefully tonight I can find my 360 mike. I never play online with the 360 so Im kind of a noob when it comes to that, plus it seems that the system doesnt like USB headsets (ps3 is much easier to use when it comes to peripherals)

VindicatorZ said:
And one more complaint before I go to bed.

For the second year in a row they have completely left out some mascots, Where the hell is Burnie the mascot for the Heat? He was inexplicably missing last year, and nowhere to be seen now. He was in 2k7 and 2k8 as I remember. I fiugred they would correct this, but nope.

EVEN WORSE. In their effort to make some "authentic arena specific" chants, they added a "LETS GO HEAT!" chant. The problem with this is that in the game it does the typical "LETS HEEEAAATTT *clap clap..clap clap clap*" I have NEVER heard this in my life at a Heat game. The heat chant is a constant "LETS GO HEAT. LETS GO HEAT" That simple little touch would have added so much to the atmosphere, but instead they fucked it up. I haven't played Live, but the Live demo had some fantastic crowd noises. This is the #1 area for improvement in 2k for presentation, along with commentary. Hopefully they can really nail it for 2k11.

don't you mean "go heat go?" :lol

- The lag issues in this game seem to mainly affect the defense. I was guarding Jason Kidd, and he shimmied his shoulders to the right and my defender goes spasming off into that direction for a few seconds. This wasn't the "break your ankles" animation either, it was like I was locked onto his shadow or something. Couldn't even get in front of him to stop his progress to the basket and J.Kidd was going in a straight line...

- Is there a separate slider for Help Defense or is it only the one in the in game pull up menu? If not, then defense is pretty broken. I though Ecnal was exaggerating about people coming across court to help and leaving guys wide open, but if anything that was an understatement. Manual defense is going to be nigh impossible if I have to manually move players back to their proper assignments.

- Isomotion is a crapshoot.

+ Turns out that now 6 foot guards realize they are actually 6 foot and don't shoot layups into people's armpits. As a result blocks, (at least computer controlled blocks) are way down. If you give yourself enough space you will be able to get up a good shot without someone warping across court to block or significantly affect the shot.

+ I like the decreased speed. Feels like players have weight. Court spacing feels better.

Hopefully the negatives get fixed in a patch.

Raging Spaniard said:
Wanna know the funny part? After we all gave up and left I check to see if uploading My Player would finally fucking work, so I went to Draft Combine and reuploaded him, went to 2k10 and MAGICALLY everything worked fine, no connection issues no nothing for like an hour.
yeah, i had to chance to finally import myplayer as well.

Tidbit info on Crew mode details:

2ksports.com Admin said:
Only 5 teammates play at a time. So if you have 10 members and all are in the locker room, 5 would be in the "starters" section and 5 would be in the bench (next game) section. So once the capitan in the starters section starts a search and locates a match they'll all be taken out of the locker room. At this point all the bench players can move up to the starters section and start another game. So yes you can have multiple games going on at the same time. If you wanted to you could even just have 3 start the first game and 3 start the second after that if you only had 6 people in the locker room.

What is the excuse for not having fresh rosters? I want to start my association and I won't do it if people aren't where they are supposed to be.

aznpxdd said:
This thread is so hilarious on the 2k forum.

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234755

Yeah I need my mic as well, this is what I get for ordering from Hong Kong I guess. (it was only $3)!

BTW, Kado sounds like a nerd.
i'll take that as a compliment, you're just a spoiled meathead that still lives at home.

got word from one of the admins, servers should be up this afternoon and should run a lot smoother.

TEAMUP TONIGHT BOYS!:D

btw, if you're on the list of crew members, and you haven't recieved an invite, let me know.

ecnal

kirbybreezy said:
- Is there a separate slider for Help Defense or is it only the one in the in game pull up menu? If not, then defense is pretty broken. I though Ecnal was exaggerating about people coming across court to help and leaving guys wide open, but if anything that was an understatement. Manual defense is going to be nigh impossible if I have to manually move players back to their proper assignments.

off-ball defense isn't even enough to fix the defensive rotation issues.

seemingly, the AI rotates your defense 1 of 2 ways;

1. full collapse, all players slide down into or around the paint -- impossible to fix because even if you do switch to off-ball defenders, there are too many out of place at once. this collapse always results in the CPU laser passing once or twice for an incontestable shot.

2. the 'half' collapse -- generally this is where a player will rotate cross court for no reason, maybe two wing players collapse to the paint, etc. you always know this collapse has happened because (assuming you switched off ball to either contest a shot or rotate a guy) your PG will automatically go to the top of the key/arc and stand there doing nothing. this is by far the most common issue where your defense is always off just by 1 (maybe 2) guys out of position. you could definitely fix this with off-ball defense assuming you predict the defensive collapse correctly.

this absolutely has to be fixed by a patch or, essentially, the gameplay is broken--it's impossible to stop a full defensive collapse.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
i'll take that as a compliment, you're just a spoiled meathead that still lives at home.

got word from one of the admins, servers should be up this afternoon and should run a lot smoother.

btw, if you're on the list of crew members, and you haven't recieved an invite, let me know.
I'm in tonight!

DCX

Kai

So most of the 2K titles have their nuances to the post-game controls...

Anyone have any tips regarding how to make effective post moves? I would love some specifics i.e. HOLD L - Tilt Joystic towards basket, etc...

Or does anyone know of a good resource on the web for a breakdown of all the offensive/defensive control nuances?

ecnal

HoF difficulty, game sliders from OS (posted a page or two ago in this thread), i'm the kings, half time:

dzfn29.jpg

only gameplan: moving the ball to specific places on the court where the defense ALWAYS breaks. wide open shot, 100% of the time--regardless of team or personnel.

fyi: this is the best defensive team vs one of the worst offensive teams in the game.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
viakado said:

quick while the server is still rolling invite me to the creeewwww

Raging Spaniard

So during "My Player" mode the cameras are inconsistent? I got past the summer league and on to workouts, and in them I cant pick Broadcast as my in-game camera? What the fuck?

DevelopmentArrested said:
2 weeks? UGH fix the fucking framerate save the rest for later.

Seriously, I hate how long the certification process is. They could've just quickly fixed the framerate, and did the rest of that stuff later. The framerate is game killing to me, and the only thing keeping me from having this game in my hands right now.

LiquidJin

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
2 weeks? UGH fix the fucking framerate save the rest for later.

I was praising this game to the high heavens because I got it early. As soon as launch day came around, the thing crashed back own to Earth. I can't even bear playing unless I'm signed out of the PSN, because of all the failed network connections.

Whoever designed that needs to be publicly fired. F'in amateur hour. There is no reason that I should have to submit stuff at least 3 separate times after every game/drill. It's no wonder why the servers are down.

Edit:

Also while I'm griping, has anyone experienced their player shooting when they press the pass button? When I'm playing versus against somebody this has come up at least twice a game. I'm thinking it was the shot stick, but they swear against it.

What about My Player? I'm on my 11th D-league game, and after every game since my 6th one the Los Angeles Defenders keep dropping me and picking me back up. Wtf is that? I should be taking the starting spot with my stats, and that's the comment I get after every game.

Ron from 2ksports is compiling a list for the next patch.
here are the complaints he's listed from the 2k forum

2K RON ADMIN said:
I am compiling suggested changes in this post so please read if yours has already been brought to light. Please keep your content strictly to what you’d like to see in the patch.

Please leave out anything with online and framerate issues as SimBaller has mentioned those are being looked at.

Also, please leave out things already in the list as community has already suggested and it has been jotted down.

Community Suggested Tweaks
Defensive Assist needs toning down
Autosave Settings and Association- Coach, Camera, Online, etc.
My Player Duplication
Team-Up 5 player slot bug
My Player/Association Developmental Drills Glitch
My Player Minutes
My Player Pick-UP Games Drop Connection
AI Jump Passes
Players Stopping on Fast Break Passes
Tone down lead pass in lane / Defensive Awareness in Lane needs increase
PS3 Freeze in T-Mobile and Keys of Game Loading Screens
Too many Alley-oops
Referee inbound issues
Stepping backwards from three point line when setting up on a pass
Broadcast Camera in My Player
Fix charges - backwards and spin move charges
Increase Online Difficulty Level or Create Ranked Lobby Tiers
Fix Shot Stick - Shot Releases
Show Opponents Stats in Ranked Games
Shooting percentages too high (?)
Defensive Openings with ball movement
Stuck animations on play calls
FRAMERATE - End of Quater/Timeouts, Certain Stadiums
Association online freezing
Difficult to sub people in online
Too much cherry picking
Timeouts subtract weirdly...
Headbands going with home/team colors instead of custom
Sometimes a made dunk will seem like it never happened
Option to turn off fatigue online
Freezing with 2K Share, Who's Online, Team Up
Zone Defense Spacing
DPad with On the Fly Coaching is too quick
Tone down offensive rebounding on free throws
5th game freeze during summer circuit in My Player
Camera on first free throw shot is often weird
Walk The Dog
Morale Attribute in Association is too strong
Clipping on the Dunk Contest
Lack of force field on out of bounds (?)
Contracts in Association to Large - Sit in Free Agency
Back Court is too easy to have happen
More contact in paint
NBA Today Overlays stick on screen too long sometimes
Assist window lasts too long
Color red is off in game
Increase Playoff Atmosphere
Retired Player Jerseys in My Player
Cut down on Auto-post up
More players need to drive lane
Gold Leaderboad (?)
Ease of PF and C Dribbling
Intentional Fouls not registering / passing through them
10 Day Contracts not registering
Custom Soundtracks PS3

WILL RE-OPEN FOR MORE TOMORROW. GET THEM IN BY EOD TOMORROW!!!

The most unfinished game i've ever played.

it's kinda fucked up that most people don't have their dunk packages nor any specialty dunks....shit have the roster is "athletic guards" even Amar'e..

this game is good but goddam is it unfinished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom