• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

Future

Man. From reading this thread it almost seems unplayable. Has 2k acknowledged anything? This seems like gta online levels of fucked up, but its the main game!

Erban1

guys guys

so i downloaded the companion app and logged in and there it shows me being 92 rating and my recent performances and all my earnings in vlc and my recent trade and everything is up to date.

i made screen shots with my phone.

will this make my case stronger?

is there any chanse they have a back up of my save or something?

I do t think your save is gone if you can press triangle on mycareer and still see it... The 2K servers are down so you can't use that save

wow this game is completely useless when the servers are down because of 2k's stupid online DRM. I will not be buying 2k15 if it comes with this BS online DRM.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's really unfortunate that this game is such a mess. I keep wanting to go back to it but it seems every game I play shows me more reasons to regret this purchase (I downloaded it too).

1. I see more clipping of the ball in this version than I have in many many years. Times when I am going up for a rebound and the ball passes through the neck and chest of a my player and directly into the hands of the opposing player.

2. The player reactions are horribly slow. I'm not sure if this is to represent defensive and offensive awareness ratings but some players barely react when going for blocks and rebounds.

3. The on ball defense is like holding two magnets with similar poles together (north to north). I try to get into a lock down defensive stance and my defender will almost slide by the ball handler. There is no rational reason for this to happen. Seriously.

4. Help defense and the lack of defensive pressure settings. I can't get any of my players to just stay with their man. Everyone is always floating around near the key. And that is with my focus set to limit outside shots and and limit transition. Offensive players are always open.
I have tried changing the help defense strength slider but I can't say if it's had an impact at all.

I love parts of this game. But it feels so incredibly barebones it's hard to enjoy it. And the modes I do like are either ridiculous time sinks or just a way to make you spend money downloading in game currency.

I love the My Team mode. Pretty much my perfect game mode. But buying a pack of silver levels players (I don't even know how many players I would get in a pack) costs 27,000 points. A win gets me 5000 points and a loss has gotten me 750. So I need to play and win 6 games just to unlock a pack of cards that could very likely contain less than 5 players???
Painful.

If anyone can tell me how to tweak the game better please let me know.

maxiell

Man. From reading this thread it almost seems unplayable. Has 2k acknowledged anything? This seems like gta online levels of fucked up, but its the main game!

Yep. Online problems I can actually understand and have sympathy for. But when you are messing up the offline modes, which were already barely functional to begin with because of trying to nickel and dime your most loyal customers, and making them worse than they were at launch? I'm not going near another 2K game again.

I understand that people were justly upset about Forza's monetization, but this is substantially worse. In MyGM, the game basically nags you every ten simulated games to buy a facility you can't afford without spending money. While free games like Plants v. Zombies are getting the message that pissing off your players isn't worth it, 2K represents the real problem, and in a $60 release. If you were thinking about buying the game, throw that money in the sewer. It has a better chance of bringing you joy that way.

Omiee

I do t think your save is gone if you can press triangle on mycareer and still see it... The 2K servers are down so you can't use that save

well thats the thing i dont see a single save when i hit triangle.

thats what is driving me insane. i have like i said 40 something save files worth 1 gb and i only see 3 saves which are all 3 from mygm

Yep. Online problems I can actually understand and have sympathy for. But when you are messing up the offline modes, which were already barely functional to begin with because of trying to nickel and dime your most loyal customers, and making them worse than they were at launch? I'm not going near another 2K game again.

I understand that people were justly upset about Forza's monetization, but this is substantially worse. In MyGM, the game basically nags you every ten simulated games to buy a facility you can't afford without spending money. While free games like Plants v. Zombies are getting the message that pissing off your players isn't worth it, 2K represents the real problem, and in a $60 release. If you were thinking about buying the game, throw that money in the sewer. It has a better chance of bringing you joy that way.

Pretty much all of this. I still can't believe 2K has screwed this game up so badly. One of the best and most consistent titles of last-gen and this is how they start a new generation? I accept micro-transactions in a F2P game, but I paid $60 to play this on a $400 console and they try this. It's completely ridiculous. And now we have server issues, corrupted saves, no create-a-player, no couch co-op in MYGM mode, and you can't do anything without using their currency.

I hope 2K learns from this train wreck, but there's no chance I'm buying 2K15 on launch like I have the last several years. This is now a rent-first title for me, and unless they make massive changes next year, it won't not even be that.

rvy

Banned
I can't wait for NBA 2K15 to release and 2k to shut down the 2k14 serves. Shit will really hit the fan then. All the previous games weren't rendered unplayable when they shut the serves down.

Korezo

Xbox One and Playstation 4: N14PS-F7TY4-Y82X4-27KRS-6EJDA

Here's 5K coins to make you all forgive all 2k14 problems and to get some of you excited that have to start over.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm guessing this won't be up until Monday, unless the teams are going to actually work on a Sunday. This is bullshit.

rvy

Banned
I'm guessing this won't be up until Monday, unless the teams are going to actually work on a Sunday. This is bullshit.

Somehow I think they figured people were exploiting the free VC stuff and took the servers down until they expire, lol. Sounds scummy enough.

If they really think all the free VC giveaway is supposed to alleviate concerns...fucking lol

But they have never really cared about us so I'm not surprised at all. Hopefully us consumers speak with our lack of purchases next year.

wtf i lost all my data wtfffffff

it said something about failed to connect to 2k servers and than it went to the home menu and asked me to make a new caracter.

even when i download my latest save from psn plus it still promps me to make a new caracter

wtfffff i spend something like 40 dollars on vc points

I think this just happened to me. Except I didn't spend 40 VC on him. He was rated 81 and I was in mid January

If this is really so I hate this fucking game and I am selling this trash ASAP

KB24

After skipping 2K13 (first time not purchasing an NBA 2K game since 2K2), I can't believe I fell for 2K Sports' BS once again. I truly thought it would be better on PS4. I hate this game, and I'm not having nearly as much trouble as some people.

The offline gameplay is decent, but online players may as well keep their money. Played a few games online against a friend who lives 15 minutes away and experienced the worst input lag ever. MyPlayer is weak as fuck, but I can't afford to increase his ratings because I opened a pack in MyTeam.

At least we'll get a few free VC codes. Hopefully they won't expire by the time the server is working properly.

rvy

Banned
What free VC?

Locker stuff you posted.

Anyway, this is ridiculous. They have always had shit servers and decide to make a game that needs those servers to work. Scumbags. I hope this company gets sued at some point.

Hell, I wish Live didn't suck so 2k wouldn't be afforded the possibility of having their heads up their asses.

Zafir

Was it actually patched in the always online, because I don't remember it being mentioned much on launch. Admittedly I would have thought twice about buying it if I knew.

Klocker

well thats the thing i dont see a single save when i hit triangle.

thats what is driving me insane. i have like i said 40 something save files worth 1 gb and i only see 3 saves which are all 3 from mygm
. You can have a total of 5 saves to be used between gm and myplayer

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
If ANY of you fall for 2k's bullshit and buy NBA2k15 at retail price next year I swear to god I'm going to hunt you down and groin punch you.

methane47

Apparently I spoke too soon. Just added a stat to my player... And now the game is stuck waiting on communication with 2k servers FML

If I force close the game... Will it screw up my player?

but dem graphics doe. best next-gen game ever! sports game of the year!

Sports game of the year only because it has no competition

But no seriously this is awful. If this was an EA game there would be 10 threads daily and covered on every news site on the web. #2Kuality

Mrbob

You can get 40 dollars for this game at Best Buy this week. Might as well make a clean break now and avoid NBA2K until VC figures out what the hell they are doing. Worst next gen purchase I made. Broken piece of shit. Thankfully I got all my money back I paid for it.

rvy

Banned
I already tried to tweet out to every gaming site/blogger I could think of. They're not working til Monday I'm guessing.

I'm accusing people of being bribed. Come on now.

Edit, shit. Actually, Erik Kain is probably the only mainstream person who would pick this up. Maybe someone wants to get on that.
Not sure if the mighty 2k would appreciate a Forbes article on their scummy practices.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
So is there any way for me to carry this VC I keep getting from locker codes over to myplayer mode? I have about 30,000 saved up.

Top Bottom