• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

the defense is improved 100%. i played cb in our right-for-the-bulls game and interior defense was much better. plus, when i took help defense to 0, i really got NO help. this is how it should be and you should adjust from there.

that is one thing that bugs me about sliders like that. if i set it to 0, i want it to have a dramatic effect. for instance, if i set shot success to 100, i should make 100% of my shots if they aren't blocked. if i set it at 0, then i shouldn't make any shots.

let the user set things between the two extremes. too often we get sliders where you set it to 0 and you KIND of see an effect.

very good job from what ive seen so far

viakado: "hey kobe, guess what?....i got you!"

kobe: "naw man, i got you. *winks*
1kobe.png

Smokey

Hey guys I had to delete our league, but I am remaking it with same names. A player told me he couldn't play. I originally made the league 26 players even though we had 25, but with him dropping its now down to 24. So I'll send out invites again to those on my friends list, otherwise here are the details so you can join.

Go to 2k10 leagues screen, join league and enter the following information.

Name: GAF Season IX
private: yes
password: queentracy

Don't join yet if you have a decisive game to play. All league rules apply to these games btw.

who dropped? so i can update the list.

there's only one decisive series left.

Anachronous_one vs. WITNESS2K9

can someone get a hold of either?
we have two days til league starts.

you can take me out of the league. i hate this game. this game is complete trash

people who run around all day dropping passes into big men for trash baskets get rewarded more than for someone who tries to run actual plays.

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
you can take me out of the league. i hate this game. this game is complete trash

people who run around all day dropping passes into big men for trash baskets get rewarded more than for someone who tries to run actual plays.
oh shit...

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:

34nh7jc.jpg

Smokey

ph33nix said:

man up. i already created the league just play :(

ecnal

game is pretty broken though.

it's going to be a really lonnnngggg season.

i think we may need to regulate on jumpshot passes too. there are a few serious issues related to the jumpshot pass.

1. pass goes through defender 9/10 times.
2. all defenders go into some kind of nonreactive/zombie mode
3. if the pass is dumped to someone in the paint, guaranteed basket.

there are also some insane collision issues related to ball handling and defending. there are so many moves that just put the defender to the side, even if he's in perfect defensive position. i really don't understand how 2K went from 2K9, where i've never seen a player dribble a ball through another player, to 2K10 where you see the ball being dribbled through a guy every single game.

:(

edit: also, the fucking playbook is still god damned near broken. sure, now the play diagrams always stay on the court, but people wont do their assignments more often than not. how am i going to run a double screen play for manu when the two screeners don't set a screen? they just stand in position like zombies.

CB3

why is there still a clone of me in myplayer

what the fuck did they even fix?

yeah i dont know if i can play in the league. i played a couple games today and while the gameplay is improved in areas a lot of shit still isn't working. i pick my plays to run and my guys just dont do it. so i sit there waiting for the diagram to start and it just goes off because my guys aren't moving. then the playclock is down to 10 seconds or whatever and im fucked.

on top of that the inside game really pisses me off. everything on the inside keeps rimming out! even with slider help its still a problem!

if you guys really needed me to play i could do it (i dont want to flake and leave you hanging), but if you can find a replacement i'd rather not. this game is just going to frustrate me and stress me out in league play with this stuff.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wish we all could get refunds back :(

Class action lawsuit their asses.

I still can't believe how badly 2k9 shits all over this game and that had it's flaws.

yea leagues only work if injuries/trading are off and you dont put in any free agents or inactive players, and only if you play with 16 teams or less and 40 games or less.

Fun stuff

yeah, its over guys. league is officially over. nice knowing ya 2k.

[19:18] viakado: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2845039&postcount=27
[19:18] viakado: smfh
[19:18] viakado: ugh
[19:18] dboythagr8: fuck it league nuked
[19:18] dboythagr8: this is terrible
[19:18] viakado: im posting that in the league thread
[19:18] viakado: fucking unaccetapble
[19:18] dboythagr8: announce the nuking of the league while ur at it
[19:18] viakado: k
[19:19] dboythagr8: even 2k9 didnt fuck up leagues all that much

2r4hoj8.jpg

Nuke2.JPG

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit :lol :lol

Sell your copies now.

Matrix

ph33nix said:
told you motherfuckers, LIVE is where its at this year

Got my copy :D

LIVE LEAGUE NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fcup2a.jpg

what a joke, we have been waiting for this patch to come out and fix these online lg issues and come to find out it didnt do nothin LMAO what a joke and the admin doesnt even care to address an issus good job 2k way to keep your customers.

all i could do was shake my head when i saw ron marketing post.its like the 2k staff gettin together and thinking of another way to **** us off.rob has to know online lgs dont work from the posts in this forum yet he post this crap about marketing lgs we cant play.cant wait to modern warfare 2 come out to play a game online they way its suppose to be.2k take notes on how a server should run and invest some dollars you stole for a bs game this year.

Please remove your sticky marketing thread. The leagues STILL do NOT WORK. Just a little heads up. The patch did not fix the league play one bit.

i brought this game for league play only when is this going to be fixed my leagues been waiting for the pacth to release in this thing still dont work got dammit 2k yall are relly starting to ****ing me off

What is going on 2K...our 30 man league is plagued with constant net errors and disconnects. Please fix this broken feature of a great game before posting stickies about how to market your league when it is not even functional at the moment.

Who wants to run a 16 player league when you have 30 dedicated users ready to play?WWS has been running strong for a while with our 30 team draft league and now we can`t even enjoy our league.We`ve had 2 drafts not work,and the 3rd time the draft started 3 mins late.I have one of the drafts that didn`t start on youtube.Once we got to draft we couldn`t play with our teams.One patch later and still NETWORK ERROR.This has got to be the worst sports game ever created.

I run leagues every year, thanks to this wonderful dev team... ONLINE LEAGUES ARE DEAD.

Nobody can get a game to start, much less finish one after 15 tries thanks to the way the rosters in leagues screw everything up.

You guys took the online leagues from 2k9 and before that actually worked in NBA, scrapped those, then COPIED THE FREAKING MLB 2K9 LEAGUES THAT DIDN'T WORK AND YOU GUYS IGNORED FOR AN ENTIRE DAMN YEAR!!!

Who makes these decisions? Really?

MLB 2K9 was a terribly broken game online full of cheats, glitches, and all kinds of ****... sooo

... you guys COPY ONLINE LEAGUES FROM THAT PILE OF TRASH?!?!?

leagues are the MAIN reason to play this game. Fantasy drafts make this game. PERIOD
Network Errors! I knew the patch couldn't fix their server issue. There have been several threads about this topic and I believe they were deleted! 2KRON never commented on ONE of the threads! The only thing 2K has said is online works beautifully! 2K is a joke this year

2k should be ashamed.

Pre-patch online leagues were broke........post-patch online leagues are still broke..........I have a feeling this game could have 20 patchs and the online leagues would still be broke.

CB3

chaoticprout said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

HOLY SHIT FUCK 2K for that

but myplayer mode is awesome

It could be if i still didnt have a fucking clone

Matrix

:lol

Poor CB

CB3

ecnal said:
according to 2K, you're doing it wrong...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

there was a dude on the 2k forums that said he started over and it was still there

mr stroke said:
well fuck me :lol

traded in Live for this
and its still busted after the patch and NO LEAGUE
sob :(

you did it totally wrong. completely backwards

FAILURE

the only reason i still touch this game is because i managed to coerce lebron into joining the heat the summer of 2010, as well as signing t-mac to the midlevel to come off as a 6th man :lol

Dark FaZe said:
After negotiating with the sad fuckers on Craigslist I finally found a deal at Gamestop that seems almost like a legitimate deal!

NBA 2k10 + Halo 3 towards MW2 nets me 50 dollars...basically pays the damn game off. Halo 3 is a useless game if you have ODST so I'm surprised they are adding so much value to it. In fact it's ridiculous and I'm scared they might notice their mistake so I'm racing off to trade in this trash infested copy of 2k10 as we speak!

I will notify kado /smokey about my status regarding 2k10 closer to the league. I'll definitely have the money to repurchase 2k10 once I hear from my fellow gaffers on how the game is doing and if the league is about to take off. I'm sure some sad teenager will be begging me to take the game off of him for 20 dollars a day before MW2 ships.

854k6fp.gif

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Wait ... so is the league on or off? If "on", then I'm in.

WITNESS2K9, if you're around during the day, lmk so we can get that game in. I'm idle online, just appearing offline right now. Otherwise, we can get our series done tonight.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Wait ... so is the league on or off? If "on", then I'm in.

WITNESS2K9, if you're around during the day, lmk so we can get that game in. I'm idle online, just appearing offline right now. Otherwise, we can get our series done tonight.

OFF

Leagues are messed up. The patch did nothing to fix the multiple errors in league play. See viakado's post a few posts up.

League has been nuked

for now

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
OFF

Leagues are messed up. The patch did nothing to fix the multiple errors in league play. See viakado's post a few posts up.

League has been nuked

for now
Til patch 2, the patch of redemption...but it will be to late as the rest have moved to the dark side. i, will be here...and waiting...for an 8 man league :p

DCX

Smokey

2k forums speakin' tha truth:

Remember when they had a dude name tris come and try to fix our league ??? He said he would hook us up and all that nonsense.....he played in one of our league games and it disconnected on him. Then...........he left. He left and never returned.

He was a 2k employee.

Thats how much 2k cares about its customers. They try for a sec...then just forget about it.

Thanks again 2k. Ban me please cuz i already sold the game...ban me from this forum please.

This might help....you are all ****ing pieces of **** who reek of **** on their breath from sucking it till u choke. You stole my money so now im gonna curse u every day. **** you with the rashiest **** in the land of rash *****.

I KNO being angry dont help but i honestly feel like gutting someone right now, how you gonna tell your customers its fixed wen in fact **** IS still BROKE and we kno u didnt even test it.

ITs like going to a club and complaining to the bartender he gave u some popov vodka wen u ordered patron he says sorry and grabs a patron bottle filled wit popov and pours u another shot of popov

ITS like an ugly beeech trying to holla at u n u say no, go look at urself in the mirror, the next day she puts a bag over her face and tries to holla at u again.

point is its still popov, the beech is still ugly and 2k league games are still broke

SO RETARTED MAN y say something is fixed wen its still broke, at least test out wut 2k promised on the patch before sending it out .

SONS OF BEECHS. I GOT A FREAKIN MIGRANE.

man fuc king 2k man i hate how they handled this problem. They dont even give a ***** about us leaguers man. bs. complete bs. I honestly wanna start a mob and go to 2k headquarters.

What's so funny about all this is that Ronnie started a new thread (which he already close) telling people to go MARKET THEIR LEAGUES... how the fuc you going to market your leagues when they don't even work properly. What a joke and what a shame us sim leaguers have to go through, feel like the biggest minority in the world.

Now when I came out, I told you it was just about 2k.
Then everybody had to open their mouth with a mother ****ing opinion
Well this is how we gonna' do this:
**** ron,
**** ShamL,
**** 2k as a staff, game maker, and as a mother ****ing crew.
And if you want to be down with 2k,
Then **** you too.
All you mother ****ers,
**** you too.

This **** is ridiculous. I dont even know what to say about this BS. Someone.........oh wait..........EVERYONE at 2k needs to be fired!! Releasing a game with this many bugs is one thing but this is just the icing on the cake. 2k will see a BIG sales decrease next year for this BS. Maybe 2k will sell the license to EA so they dont get humiliated next year like they did this year with 2k10.

And that's only from a couple pages from a 20+ page thread..

Matrix

They deserve it all.

This is some red ring type bs :lol

you fuckers better follow up on your word. this year was the year of the revolucion and half you pussies stayed with this 2k pony shit

ecnal

ITS like an ugly beeech trying to holla at u n u say no, go look at urself in the mirror, the next day she puts a bag over her face and tries to holla at u again.

:lol

so is there a 2nd patch coming? im confused how the first patch hardly fixed anything... more than half the things listed as fixed are still broken.

CB3

that was the second patch. the first patch hit on launch day. To bring a 3rd patch would cost resources AND MS charges after the second patch. They are far to cheap to make a third patch i think. Even if they did by the time that hits it will be January id guess. and it probably wont fix everything just like this last one

ecnal

wow. didn't realize this was the 2nd patch.

why does m$ charge for more patches--for the certification process?

CB3

the funniest thing is the all quiet front on the 2k forums by any of the admins there. No comment at all :lol

why does m$ charge for more patches--for the certification process?

Id guess thats one reason. I like is because it should encourage game developers to get there shit right before it hits the market.

ecnal

well, fuck.

guess ill be getting rid of this piece of shit for mw2.

i blame this disaster on all of you who refused to jump ship earlier.

viva la live! lets get a live league together :D

Matrix

"i'd rather do another 2k9 league before i jump ship to your sorry ass live league."

How long can those cheap fucks afford to keep the 2k9 servers up for?

Smokey

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 killer...meet Battlefield Bad Company 2:

MP footage from upcoming PS3 beta:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/arica-harbour-battlefield-bad/58728

shit looks beastly, and amazing.

PS3 exclusive beta again shows why the P3 is a superior platform than 360.

Matrix said:
"i'd rather do another 2k9 league before i jump ship to your sorry ass live league."

How long can those cheap fucks afford to keep the 2k9 servers up for?

I'm thinkin' about making a thread on the gaming side putting 2k on blast. Not enough people know about the scam they are pulling. I know 2K devs read the gaming side, and they should know what sacks of shit they are and I want my $60 back.

Top Bottom