• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

pilonv1 said:
Will be on around 4pm EST to play daw/cloudy to finish my round.

Good, and will people post here if they intend on playing tonight so we can maybe sim right after? Because we still have lots of games to be played and I haven't heard a peep...besides the Magic games (and those opponents should be getting a freebie) this is what we have left:

Suns-Bobcats
Wizards-Suns
Raptors-Suns
Suns-Knicks
Mavs-Grizzlies
Wizards-Raptors
Bulls-Bobcats

That's 4 unplayed games for the Suns and a few games I know that I know were attempted but were only to get cockblocked by 2k. so I'm wondering if these are getting played and what we should do about the Suns games? I've seen him on live but not around here

pilonv1

everyone on the kings is on the table for deadline.

except casspi, who will be traded to anyone but the blazers.

daw/konex you around?

daw840

pilonv1 said:

daw/konex you around?

You want to do this? I'm heeeerrrrrrreeeee!!!!!!

pilonv1

gg daw.

I fucked up on that second last possesion I had - on I passed to what I thought would be Deng driving at the basket and hit the shot stick. Unfortunately it went to Casspi for that stupid baseline jumper.

Donte Green had 17 in that 4th quarter, can't believe he airballed that three.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive posted here for Suns and Wizards multiple times. I told DM in a monopoly game and the madden thread i believe and got no response.

Me and Suns were set to play a few days ago. He was playing MW2 and i sent him messages asking if we were playing and he replied yes. But after about a half hour of waiting and him still on MW2 AZN asked me if i wanted to get our game in so i played him instead.

pilonv1

ph33nix said:
lol not gonna happen. did you guys talk at all?

I have a pm from him saying friday is fine.

It's also my fault, I said we'd play after the Lakers/Mavs game but I got stuck at work.

I want to play him, the Season IX Toilet Bowl is at stake!

Kings are listening to all trade deadline offers too.

pilonv1 said:
I have a pm from him saying friday is fine.

It's also my fault, I said we'd play after the Lakers/Mavs game but I got stuck at work.

I want to play him, the Season IX Toilet Bowl is at stake!

Kings are listening to all trade deadline offers too.

lets talk do you have aim

by the way i think griz-mavs are getting an attempt and so is bobcats-kings maybe? i think dantoni ball is going on right now too. advances in 2 1/2 hours folks!

ecnal

pilonv1 said:

daw/konex you around?

m93go2.gif

Smokey said:
One of the co-commishes will need to advance the league tonite.

I got this handled

League's supposed to advance in 40 minutes. I haven't heard a peep and I am not sure if Konex is alive. Gonna be some simmed games here..

I'm going to go out and grab something to bring back to eat. If you plan on playing post here or else I'm not gonna feel bad for anyone when I advance this.

in preparation for round 4:

mavs
suns
spurs
celtics
hornets

Smokey

New rule starting in week 4:

No more slider adjustments are to be made (under coaching profile when you pause the game). The only sliders that are allowed to be changed are those that are accessible by pressing left on the D-Pad. These can be changed on the fly during the game and all of the major categories are represented.

pilonv1

Smokey said:
New rule starting in week 4:

No more slider adjustments are to be made (under coaching profile when you pause the game). The only sliders that are allowed to be changed are those that are accessible by pressing left on the D-Pad. These can be changed on the fly during the game and all of the major categories are represented.

Just curious, what's the reasoning behind this? Doesn't bother me, I only change the ones you can get on the dpad.

Smokey

pilonv1 said:
Just curious, what's the reasoning behind this? Doesn't bother me, I only change the ones you can get on the dpad.

Shooting sliders when adjusted to certain amounts cause unstoppable animations and other things.

DCX

DCX
pilonv1 said:
From testing done by our staff it has been found that by changing certain offensive or defensive sliders it made the game decide certain unblock-able animations, and just weird AI things happen. This move was made to make sure no one is abusing these AI shortcomings.

DCX

pilonv1

Since Konex isn't around, getting a jump on week 4 too:

@ Portland Blazers
New York Knicks
@ Chicago Bulls
Phoenix Suns
@ Denver Nuggets

DCX

DCX
pilonv1 said:
Since Konex isn't around, getting a jump on week 4 too: