• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Still no Project Diva 2 :( But I did get some J-movies :)

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DeVeAn

LiK said:
Sometimes I see them on eBay. Just need to search often for those treasures
I have had bad experiences with eBay sellers. They always bullshit with the condition and quality.

It's always to good to be true. Nonetheless, I will keep looking.

Netto-kun

^Wow, I have a twin!:lol

Back home in Norway, grabbed these stuffs before I left Japan. Also bought Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Dragon Quest VII, but I won't get those games back anytime soon.

SSL22242.jpg

SSL22244.jpg

SSL22245.jpg

SSL22246.jpg

SSL22247.jpg

SSL22248.jpg

SSL22249.jpg

Also bought some stuffs for my friends.

- Sengoku Basara 3
- Last Rebellion
- Inazuma Eleven 3 - Spark
- Estpolis DS
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana
- Blaze Union
- Dodonpachi Daioujou
- Dragonball DS 1 & 2
- Dr. Slump Arale-chan (for DS)

Had a $15 GC to burn at Best Buy. The blu-ray was $7.99.

25rm653.jpg

This will be my first time ever watching 2001. I'm pretty excited, but I've read some pretty mixed reactions to the movie, from best movie ever, to most boring movie ever. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it.

I haven't bought anything gaming related this month so far, but I did pick up some stuff this week. Excuse the shitty pics.

New office chair, the Markus from IKEA. Love it, very comfy.

1rvtd4.jpg

New fragrance.

29gewlc.jpg

Yes Boss!

Got a cheapy $99 CRT. Got it for Wii VC but it turns out that the 360 shooters look wonderful in tate mode through component.

0bfc7355.jpg

missile said:
Sweet! How do they play compared to the original? Works everything just fine
or are there any issues?

38006_720786535904_6312708_38917852_567546_n.jpg

They're actually solar keychains, so they're not really playable.... :C They have a solar panel on top that makes em turn on and then they play a sequence. One of the buttons changes the speed of the animation while the other is just a dummy push button.

There's three different versions as far as I know: Chef, Octopus, and Parachute.

hipgnosis

Yes Boss! said:
Got a cheapy $99 CRT. Got it for Wii VC but it turns out that the 360 shooters look wonderful in tate mode through component.

0bfc7355.jpg
Now that is awesome! Ketsui must look pretty great through that.

Yes Boss!

hipgnosis said:
Now that is awesome! Ketsui must look pretty great through that.

Yeah, pleseantly surprised at how good it looks. Did not even know they still sold CRTs. Thus one is nade in Korea and I've never heard of the brand. I'll likely pick up a second for vetrtical games on the VC and PS2.

LiK

DeVeAn said:
I have had bad experiences with eBay sellers. They always bullshit with the condition and quality.

It's always to good to be true. Nonetheless, I will keep looking.

yea, very true. i stick with Top Rated sellers with a lot of feedback nowdays so i don't get screwed. but if i want it bad, i'll take a gamble for something really rare from a noob seller. it usually goes fine. good luck man!

39260_418441806645_685251645_5320910_4814324_n.jpg

Got it at Target for $9.99. Seriously it's available all over the country from what I've heard.

Now if only I could have my avatar as a T-shirt as well :D

Flek

Banned
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Still no Project Diva 2 :( But I did get some J-movies :)

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

machine girl is awesome ! Lovely trash splatter movie <3. You gotta get tokyo gore police next ;O

Technically PC Engine stuff was a July pickup.

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

Momohime came in the mail the other day. Really impressed with the quality of the sculpt. Wish i had a DSLR and a macro to really get in tight on her.

IMG_3942.jpg

Salsa

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, pleseantly surprised at how good it looks. Did not even know they still sold CRTs. Thus one is nade in Korea and I've never heard of the brand. I'll likely pick up a second for vetrtical games on the VC and PS2.

Or you could plug more than one console in a tv, you know.

jealous :(

LiK said:
where did you order Momo? i preordered her from NCS but they haven't got it yet

I ordered from Hobby Search. They had free upgrade to EMS shipping a while back when I ordered. So I got it in like 2 days after release

LiK

MiniBossman said:
I ordered from Hobby Search. They had free upgrade to EMS shipping a while back when I ordered. So I got it in like 2 days after release

ah ok, i missed out on that deal, doh

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
2w7gx9g.jpg

Asus 1005PE - my laptop's basically lost all of its portable functionality over the years and I use my desktop for most of my computing anyways so... decided to get a netbook.

nx7vhj.jpg

Scott Pilgrim vol 6, Blazblue: Continuum Shift (gift from my brother to further his not-so-secret agenda of getting more people to play BB, lol), and God of War 3, which I wasn't planning on buying any time soon but I saw it for $20 new so I couldn't pass it up...

Bii

4869747949_fd0b9192bd_b.jpg

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty. Collector's Edition. PC. $82
Got this last month but didn't get a chance to snap a picture until now. Played through the first 10 missions or so in Campaign and I'm having fun with it. Granted, I'm going through each mission on Normal since I haven't played the original Starcraft in a long time. Also, I'm not too familiar with the Terran build order since I would mostly play as Zerg or Protoss in the original/Brood War. I'm thoroughly impressed with what I've played so far and once I'm done with the Campaign, I'll jump into the multi-player.

4869748377_78ac8e6e05_b.jpg

Ridge Racer V. Playstation 2. $5.
Back when the PS2 launched, I've always wanted to play Ridge Racer V. After buying games I've always wanted to play (Suikoden II, Gitaroo-Man, just to name a few) the past few months, I decided to purchase RRV. I'm not sure how well the game holds up today but I do find that racing games hold up better today than, say, first-person shooters or 3D adventure games during that same era.

4869747403_e85d2d1a6a_b.jpg

Nintendo Power Issue 258. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword cover. $5 for subscription.
This is actually the second issue I received of Nintendo Power from ordering on Amazon. The last time I actually perused through an NP mag was nearly six years ago. After reading through issues 257 and 258, I'm surprised at the content that they're able to cover. I really like their Fall game guide feature and, of course, their cover story. I should've locked in for a continuous subscription when I had the chance. *sigh*

4869748629_d264635b04_b.jpg

Sony PSP Slim. Ceramic White. PSP-2001 Slim. $150.
I've been trying to replace a few things that was stolen from me a few years ago. I've already replaced my laptop by buying a Macbook and a decent gaming PC and now I've replaced my PSP (only thing left to get is a Dreamcast). I bought this from fellow GAFer NeOak. Also received, but not pictured: MicroSD-to-MS Adapter with 2x 8GB MicroSD cards, PSP Extended Battery with matching cover, and a carrying case. No dead pixels, works perfectly and is running 5.50 M33 Prometheus. I'm currently playing Lumines, Tekken 6 and Phantasy Star Portable. Feels good to play on a PSP again. ^_^

4869747589_284c635cef_b.jpg

Staedtler Triplus Fineliner Pen Magic Box. $17.
Lastly, this was something I wanted to get for a while and was waiting to see if the US would release this set over here. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait, so I imported it from the UK. Yeah, it's just a set of colored pens but they write oh-so-smoothly. I'm not using it to draw/color anything but just as a way to separate my thoughts/ideas in my notebook. Makes viewing my notes easier.

vejas

Banned
Easystride said:
Had a $15 GC to burn at Best Buy. The blu-ray was $7.99.

25rm653.jpg

This will be my first time ever watching 2001. I'm pretty excited, but I've read some pretty mixed reactions to the movie, from best movie ever, to most boring movie ever. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy it.

2001 is by far the best movie ever :D!

t70h08.jpg

Not sure If I'll keep BlazBlu. My friends are not really playing it and some are calling it garbage already. Transformers is great though!

2q0vlhy.jpg

Some cheap pickups from the gamestop sale. I never finished or never played most of these so $2.00 or so for most of them was pretty good. Skate was around $7. All complete with manuals and in good shape too!

984lz9.jpg

Prince of Persia was $15 and Hawx was another cheap $7 buy.

dp7khd.jpg

Went to the best buy dragon quest ix event. Got about 20 guests at the inn and a some stickers and a poster. Also got Heat blu ray for $13. One of my favorite movies. Kinda disappointed that the free prototype comes in a sleeve. For $5 shipping they could have given a case.

Detail on DQIX stickers and posters. Stickers are on top of my PC game bookshelf. Dunno if I want to put the poster up. It's not too tacky.
1552zbk.jpg

6s8bhs.jpg

And my favorite is the last of my pickups from the "employer's going out of business sale" which meant it was all free. Loving this computer desk, chair, and the magazine racks. Along with the table in the corner, I finally have a great spot to use my computer and play PC games. Starting with starcraft 2! Oh also got two really nice, really expensive kensington laptop bags for $10. Nice for carrying the 360 around to fighting game meetups.

1j3x1f.jpg

2dky22r.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
SCII CE ($69.99 from FS price error), Nights! ($10.00 from Amazon.com), and Mario Kart DS ($25.00 from Amazon.com)

wh1z6r.jpg

Also did a WDW vaca, saw Potterland et all, picked up this bunch of goodies from the Epcot world showcase.

2ez4vvp.jpg

Strike

Didn't have a working camera for a few months. This is what I bought in the meantime.

June
DSCN0495.jpg

Finally jumped in @ $250. Working on my small backlog (compared to growing PS3 backlog) . Not pictured: Xbox Live Gold Card @ 1600 MS Pts.

July
DSCN0498.jpg

$30. Can't wait to get to this.

August
DSCN0497.jpg

I could finally get rid of my VCR now. So worth it.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Yes Boss! said:
What is the brand? I have a 36" CRT here, and while it's nice, it's enormous and I'd like something a little smaller but with good PQ.

Yes Boss!

Lambtron said:
What is the brand? I have a 36" CRT here, and while it's nice, it's enormous and I'd like something a little smaller but with good PQ.

Something called AVOL or something. I think it is a house brand here in germany or something like that (think Insignia at Best Buy). Could be wrong. It is multi-volt, NTSC/Secam/PAL and a solo component in. Inexpensive but as a throw-away TV that can be rotated it looks real nice. Ketsui and Mushi in particula look nice and arcadey. Espgaluda II does not look so great because I can't seem to find scale options in the menu. :-(

LiK

JEKKI said:
she keeps on passing me by!!

http://i38.tinypic.com/rbxeyp.jpg

I gotta signed mixtape cd-r from the dood who made this hit song:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHxXufqOEY[/url][/QUOTE]

check your PM~!

Flek said:
machine girl is awesome ! Lovely trash splatter movie <3. You gotta get tokyo gore police next ;O

Watched it last night and loved it :) I love violent/OTT Japanese movies but there's a load on Amazon now for ~£5 so I'll be catching up on the ones I missed, including Tokyo Gore Police :)

Drame

PSN Purchases:

2q1dtkz.jpg
2ztg285.jpg

Ace Attorney insanity:

293x0dj.jpg

2l8cd52.jpg

Played the first game not too long ago on my iPhone and enjoyed it a lot. So, I decided to get the rest of the games. Also, grabbed the Gyakuten Meets Orchestra album.

And more games:

29pygqr.jpg
209q7uo.jpg

Top Bottom