• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Picked up Blazing Star iOS. A little clunky on controls, which is going to be fixed apparently, but incredible visual options. Great starter for the VC release this month.

0a633687.jpg

What is the picture your using for a background from?

baneshirt.jpg

Thank you to the member who posted this shirt in the last Pick Up Thread, for I would not have ordered it myself. It's a t-shirt, BTW.

Where did you buy this from?

Majine

Banned
I *FINALLY* pulled the trigger on an iPad. When it was announced, everyone called it a giant iPod Touch and made fun of me for wanting one. Over the years, I thought it was awesome but couldn't justify it... while I watched everyone else eat their hat and buy one. It's been killing me! ;p But now with a very hectic work schedule and lots of travel, I was excited to pull the trigger during this tax-free weekend! Also snagged a green Smart Case (which doesn't seem to have any wiggle like I feared from reviews), and of course, then I felt obligated to pick up a matching bumper for my 4S. They're looking great together. The iPad is just a plain-jane 16GB Wi-Fi model; but until I know otherwise, I didn't know what options to splurge on. So this might be a "test" for the time being.

7708391998_bb2b5a16b7_c.jpg

Daw, so cute when they are matching.

Mike.83

I work supporting a little girl with downs. It's her birthday soon, got her these:
inHzbNeU0JSu8.JPG

They're so small and ace.
iePllfVIGvvyY.JPG

Got some posters up too, sorry about the wonky pictures. They're all perfectly straight on the walls.
iAUaI0wKUb4F7.JPG
iuP0OmDVhuTvV.JPG
ibzWctumMoWqXb.JPG

Steam stuff. Mostly Summer Sale haul (Max Payne 3 & Binary Domain courtesy of Amazon.com Summer sale).

7GhpB.png

Humble X360 pickup:

bUZSO.jpg

and finally, this beautiful thing. A birthday gift from my gf:

Charcoal N7 Elite Armour Stripe Hoody

JjqFy.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Some shitty 3DS games. DoA:D demo impressed the hell out of me, so had to grab the full game.

4id20.jpg

More shitty 3DS games, and a Halo 4 t-shirt + pre-order. T-shirt design is kinda horrible.

VeRVb.jpg

And the legendary Hori 24 Game Card Case

IpoX4.jpg

Brigandier

dsc0123xm.jpg

dsc0120w.jpg

Corsair 650D
Palit 4GB GTX 680
OCZ 256GB Vertex 4 SSD
Asus Z77 Sabertooth
OCZ 1000w Modular
XSPC X20 Resevoir
EK Supremacy CPU Block
XSPC EX240 Radiator
EK PSC Compression Fittings

I decided to go for some nice thick tubing and I don't regret it I like the look of it and it runs like a dream.

andylsun

Nice find at a yard sale this morning.

hsxoxl.jpg

9ndIRl.jpg

Total cost $10 for a box containing both wheels.

The Driving Force GT was missing the 24V power supply, but I have one from my Driving Force Pro - a nice upgrade and looking forward to trying it with Gran Turismo 5. Seen here with GT Legends Revival on my laptop.

The Trustmaster Formula T2 is useless as I don't have a PC with a gameport, but it came with the driving force GT.

Both came with pedals.

I now have rather a lot of wheels

Mad Catz Dreamcast wheel for Ferrari 355 and other DC games.
DriveFX for use with my 360
Driving Force (blue) which was bought for $3 so I could modify the pedals for use with the DriveFX
Driving Force Pro - my main wheel for PC and PS3
Driving Force GT

FStop7

Banned
Achievement Unlocked: Childhood dream come true!

MVS-2 conversion cabinet for $125. It's a fixer-upper but it works just fine. The monitor is good, the audio is good, it just needs some cosmetic TLC.

ib0vHOUMdYW1Al.JPG

ibqLAdwKTSwreC.JPG

Damn, been a very expensive August for me...
2012 Macbook Air 128GB model, Moshi iGlaze Snap Case, Nexus 7, 1TB USB 3.0 Seagate External Drive, Mini Logitech Mouse

NaZ84w

Mimibots!

Nt7Qcb

LarryButz

expensive month for me so far and im trying to resist the urge to purchase those mad dog headphones.

damned.jpg

chose the higher end 15 inch with the matte screen and quicker hd.

mbp.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Picked up a couple things on GOG

P98dK.png

Never played either of them before, but I'm looking for a good gateway drug into the D&D RPGs from back in the day... and Neverwinter Nights seems to be the most accessible, even if it's not supposed to be on the same level as a Baldur's Gate or something.

Painkiller... I really want to just kill shit right now, so Ima play that first. And I'm curious to see what People Can Fly was capable of back then.

Embryon

Neo Member
IMG_0229.jpg

Nayuta no Kiseki! It's a birthday present from my SO. <3 I've played it for about 45 minutes, but had to stop from mental fatigue. I've only got two years of Japanese under my belt, so I guess I'd better stop trying to compulsively read everything. Haha.

IMG_0214.jpg

I had to pick up the Mark of Mastery edition. It's not the title we (fans) have been waiting for, but it's still a fun game and the package is pretty nice for only $15 extra.

IMG_0208.jpg

Chicken Shawarma plate from a local Mediterranean restaurant. Their hummus is godly. :Q

mblitek

It was a damn expensive week for me! About $450 more than I anticipated, I forgot to include tax when purchasing my new 15" Macbook Pro Retina 2.6Ghz/16gb/500gb :|

TjRkT.jpg

Mmmm so nicely tapered and machined.

KoXzP.jpg

Although it has a glossy display it is not nearly as reflective as it is in that picture.

Then I needed a mounting plate which I had designed and CNC'd out of a block of aluminum just like the MacBook Pro! My friend's Dad has a milling company so the mounting plate "only" cost me $500 which is a bargain considering the cost it takes to take a CNC machine off-line and do a one-off job and the cost of a block of aluminum!

tYL5L.jpg

Top of mounting plate​

wdJUQ.jpg

Bottom of plate. Those three knobs on either side independently adjust and open or close to hold additional cables or what have you on the bottom. But the main feature is that it contains a very thin plastic covered metallic steel cable/wire so the laptop can't come off. The wire goes over and behind the keyboard.​

This mounting plate then slides and locks into a receiving bracket that is mounted onto a custom aluminum CNC adjustable arm that is then mounted onto the side of my wheelchair.

fJR7V.jpg

Mounting "wedge" on the plate

I3gOG.jpg

Receiver "wedge" at/on the end of the arm

4LgUb.jpg

Look at that beautiful milling job. The lip matches the curvature/edge of the bottom of the MacBook Pro retina perfectly. I designed it that way, I have an obsession for the details like a certain company called Apple ;)

J1cr6.jpg

Part of the top of the arm.

MLa52.jpg

There you go!​

More pickups to come later on!

Aeana

IMG_0229.jpg

Nayuta no Kiseki! It's a birthday present from my SO. <3 I've played it for about 45 minutes, but had to stop from mental fatigue. I've only got two years of Japanese under my belt, so I guess I'd better stop trying to compulsively read everything. Haha.

Join us in the OT! I'll be happy to answer any questions if you're having trouble reading anything too.

etae

0N4P8.jpg

I doubt anyone here knows anything about this shirt pickup. That's fine, I don't really feel the need to explain. Just really stoked on it.

NNaY0.jpg

I love reading reviews of this that start off with: "I drank the whole bottle...".

xA57M.jpg

And finally something video game related. Bought off the shoryuken forums. Modded with seimitsu buttons and stick, great price unfortunately the joystick isn't activating. I'm sure a connection is lose but still a hassle to mess with.

dc89

Looking forward to playing this!

BaOPcl.jpg

Manchester City FC Home shirt. Like when I posted my away shirt, I took some pics of the details.

qfi66l.jpg

h5Axzl.jpg

DRd07l.jpg

9xxzel.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Radhac/oldpc_f1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac245/Radhac/pcF1-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

ooOOoo boxed uprising loved that game
ooOOoo and brain dead 13
ooOOoo nox

well done sir

edit: not seeing the neverhood in there that needs fixing

It was a damn expensive week for me! About $450 more than I anticipated, I forgot to include tax when purchasing my new 15" Macbook Pro Retina 2.6Ghz/16gb/500gb :|
--snip--

More pickups to come later on!

Looks fantastic. Whoever did it did a great job!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
the only one i have left is my 11th hour big box i miss my pc game boxes used to have a ton of them not as many as that god wall of that post but quite a few feels bad man

That Journey scarf is absolutely beautiful. Is there any way to get my hands on one of these?

eBay perhaps if one goes on sale because Sony only gave them out to press to celebrate Journey's release. I have one too, by the by, but the pouch is a bit ruined because of a Pepsi stain. :(

LordAlu

You know, someone needs to start a company or something that offers custom old-school PC sized cardboard boxes. Provide a template for the front, back and four sides, let people put their own graphics on them, pay some money and they get made and sent out. Turn your PC CD/DVD collection into an old style cardboard collection.

Admittedly it would be a bit of a niche market but those old PC boxes are just so much better than the bog standard DVD cases games are in nowadays.

Top Bottom