• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Make sure you are 100% sure for PB. I know there are a ton of bootlegs for it, but a bunch of official carts also had EPROMs and such, which made it a bit more difficult to identify. I had one that I thought was a bootleg, but it wasn't.

I'm sure, the board is for a completely different game, it doesn't match the chip layout at all.

-PXG-

Look what came in the mail...

ooI4e.jpg

tqzN4.jpg

rFskk.jpg

B30UE.jpg

BT1xO.jpg

I can't believe I'm actually holding this in my hands. It took a lot of searching and a shit load of help to find this book. It's in PERFECT condition too. Only 2000 yen. I'm so happy right now.

Still waiting for Vol 1. Payment is secured. Just waiting for it to ship. Shouldn't be too long :)

LadyRiven

the Nintendo dolphin thread said my PC was too hot, coz my dolphin kept making my computer shut off like poof!

Ad29q.jpg

so I bought the cool master!! now my PC is awesome!!

WZT3G.jpg

and it comes with a $10 rebate!!! yeayuuuuhhh~~!!!

That thing worked miracles on my CPU temperature. Good stuff!

Luthair

Joined the iPad party finally. Got the 64gb LTE one. And some Audio-technica ATH-M30's for the iPad.
425f40c8b257d4de29e65a5aff844e18ac4b484c.JPG

Starting a coin/bullion collection :) 2 morgans, 1 peace dollar, 4 silver eagles and lots of copper and tin :)
2733a456ce95271078a4289bcc33fcdf8307e73a.JPG

Steam goodies
969108603d0e1fadea217b83fd4084ef6269e751.jpg

Here's a super crappy quality photo of my latest pick-up; NeverDead.

EGskd.jpg

It was about $13 and I'd been curious about it since before its release so I figured "What the hell?"

Vortex566

Amazing pick up.

I gave serious consideration to buying a Tortoise a while a go but other things got in the way. It's something I absolutely want to revisit, though. They're really cool creatures.

Yeah, she cost a lot of money and does take some looking after, but it's worth it. Everyone has cats and dogs, but not many people have a tortoise :D

njean777

She is a Tortoise, but she is the best thing I've ever had! To think she should live longer then me.

Serious question: I have a box turtle that is like 12 years old, had it since 11. How did you make that habitat? I am looking to make something like that instead of having her in a tank all the time.

Vortex566

Serious question: I have a box turtle that is like 12 years old, had it since 11. How did you make that habitat? I am looking to make something like that instead of having her in a tank all the time.

It's known, as a tortoise table. You can google it and people will show you how to build one or you can buy them for around £100?

Y'know, I thought that'd be a cool thing to get back in the day, but never did. Now, I really wish I had.

Yeah, I had a PSOne back when they first came out. I wanted to get the display, but the high cost turned me away. It was one of those "if I find a good deal" items. Some guy was selling this combo on Craig's for $85. I told myself, "I'll get it if he takes $75." He accepted my offer and now it's my desktop companion here at work.

It's equal parts adorable and awesome.

Galdelico

Playstation. Portable.

DSC06524.jpg
That's awesome.

I have a japanese PSone and I want to grab one of those LCDs some day, so - if you don't mind me asking - do you know if they all are multistandard NTSC/PAL or if I need a specific model for my NTSC-J console?

Also, do they output in RGB?

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
Finished upgrading / Dual modding my old Tekken 5 stick. Brings me up to 3 now.

IMG_20120807_145931.jpg

Tekken 5 (Dual mod PS360)
Agetec Green Goblin (Dual mod PS360)
Soul Calibur 5 TE (Dual mod 360 - Kitty)

Also just got Top Gear 18. Loving it.

That's awesome.

I have a japanese PSone and I want to grab one of those LCDs some day, so - if you don't mind me asking - do you know if they all are multistandard NTSC/PAL or if I need a specific model for my NTSC-J console?

Also, do they output in RGB?

Unsure about RGB. Possibly with a SCART adapter?

The PAL LCD needs to be modified to work with US and JP systems. JP and US are interchangeable. :D

Galdelico

Unsure about RGB. Possibly with a SCART adapter?

The PAL LCD needs to be modified to work with US and JP systems. JP and US are interchangeable. :D
Thanks, I'll go for an NTSC model then.

About the RGB... Sorry, I meant to ask if the LCD itself actually displays an RGB picture. :)

Thanks, I'll go for an NTSC model then.

About the RGB... Sorry, I meant to ask if the LCD itself actually displays an RGB picture. :)

No idea. I mean, it's a direct connection from the PSOne's multi A/V port. I would assume it is running at the best possible output.

If you can find one in the wild, convince the owner to hook it up so you can check it out. This thing is incredibly sharp and it has a stupidly high refresh rate. No ghosting or flicker and the color separation is incredible for semi-affordable year 2000 tech.

I can only find two faults:

The old style LCD lamp design where a single lamp is located at the bottom of the LCD, giving it uneven illumination.

The display has a rather narrow viewing angle (typical for LCDs from this era).

Galdelico

No idea. I mean, it's a direct connection from the PSOne's multi A/V port. I would assume it is running at the best possible output.

If you can find one in the wild, convince the owner to hook it up so you can check it out. This thing is incredibly sharp and it has a stupidly high refresh rate. No ghosting or flicker and the color separation is incredible for semi-affordable year 2000 tech.

I can only find two faults:

The old style LCD lamp design where a single lamp is located at the bottom of the LCD, giving it uneven illumination.

The display has a rather narrow viewing angle (typical for LCDs from this era).
Man, I really want one now... Thanks for all the informations. :)

eddf3e47.jpg

My old Samsung LCD was starting to go, so I took it as an excuse to upgrade. My iPhone camera can't hope to do this thing justice, but it's a huge improvement over my last TV. Blacks actually look mostly black now! I'm excited.

Top Bottom