• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Santiako

Last two weeks:
fLTqK.jpg

Got my replacement 4-slot board in yesterday. Neo Geo is now up and running. Now I just need my Green IL buttons and sticks to come in:

mblitek

It was a damn expensive week for me! About $450 more than I anticipated, I forgot to include tax when purchasing my new 15" Macbook Pro Retina 2.6Ghz/16gb/500gb :|

Mmmm so nicely tapered and machined.

Although it has a glossy display it is not nearly as reflective as it is in that picture.

Then I needed a mounting plate which I had designed and CNC'd out of a block of aluminum just like the MacBook Pro! My friend's Dad has a milling company so the mounting plate "only" cost me $500 which is a bargain considering the cost it takes to take a CNC machine off-line and do a one-off job and the cost of a block of aluminum!

Top of mounting plate​

Bottom of plate. Those three knobs on either side independently adjust and open or close to hold additional cables or what have you on the bottom. But the main feature is that it contains a very thin plastic covered metallic steel cable/wire so the laptop can't come off. The wire goes over and behind the keyboard.​

This mounting plate then slides and locks into a receiving bracket that is mounted onto a custom aluminum CNC adjustable arm that is then mounted onto the side of my wheelchair.

Mounting "wedge" on the plate

Receiver "wedge" at/on the end of the arm

Look at that beautiful milling job. The lip matches the curvature/edge of the bottom of the MacBook Pro retina perfectly. I designed it that way, I have an obsession for the details like a certain company called Apple ;)

Part of the top of the arm.

There you go!​

More pickups to come later on!

-------------------------------------------------

Looks fantastic. Whoever did it did a great job!

Thanks! I designed the plate myself. I made it in MasterCAM.

No one has commented on this guy yet? That is amazing! The Macbook is my favorite laptop. My sis got one from the parents for college (they never did that for me!!), and I'm horribly jealous. Sexiest computer ever made.

The machining from the MBPretina is pretty amazing. I'm not sure how they can CNC them fast enough with close enough tolerances. For those that don't know a CNC machine that made this laptop is probably $350k-$500k.

Bii

I need to get a new SNES, I want to play my earthbound cartridge again :(.

I'd like to get my hands on an Earthbound cartridge. :(

7718291198_18e20b2bab_b.jpg

Whew, I'm overloading my DS/3DS collection. I'm not quite sure how I'll find the time to play through them all but at least it'll keep me busy whenever there's downtime at work/home.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Mark of Mastery Edition. Nintendo 3DS. $55
There aren't very many (if at all?) special/collector's edition games for the 3DS so I had to jump on this when the preorder went up on Amazon. I'm glad I did since upon its release, the Mark of Mastery Edition was going upwards of $80-$90 on eBay! The last Kingdom Hearts game I played was Kingdom Hearts II, so I'm hoping I didn't miss much plot-wise to enjoy this having not played anything since then.

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Nintendo 3DS. $28
Centipede: Infestation. Nintendo 3DS. $10
I wasn't impressed with the demo I played of Mario & Sonic and was not willing to pay full price for it back in February. But after watching the ongoing summer Olympic games and having an itch to play something to coincide with it, I pulled the trigger on Mario & Sonic at $28. As for Centipede: Infestation, it sounds like a fun little game with a twist on the original Centipede.

Picross 3D. Nintendo DS. $10
Bangai-O Spirits. Nintendo DS. $10
Wario Ware: D.I.Y. Nintendo DS. $3.50
Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Nintendo DS. $3.50
Elite Beat Agents Nintendo DS. $3.50
Glory of Heracles. Nintendo DS. $3.50
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!. Nintendo DS. $3.50
Touch Detective 2 1/2. Nintendo DS. $3.50
I had already completed EVERYTHING on Picross 3D and wanted to go back to start it all over again. Unfortunately, I must've misplaced my cart so I bought a new one. The same goes for Elite Beat Agents and Brain Age 2. I've never played Bangai-O Spirits, Wario War: D.I.Y., Hotel Dusk, Glory of Heracles or Touch Detective 2 1/2. The majority of them were cheap so it's not a big hit to my wallet to try some of these games out if I end up not liking them.

7708496912_f55dc78d18_b.jpg

The first of many baby showers. -_-

Also got my car wash and it was beautiful last night, so I snapped a pic.

7634469446_edfc17c0f4_b.jpg

JEKKI

the Nintendo dolphin thread said my PC was too hot, coz my dolphin kept making my computer shut off like poof!

Ad29q.jpg

so I bought the cool master!! now my PC is awesome!!

WZT3G.jpg

and it comes with a $10 rebate!!! yeayuuuuhhh~~!!!

Comic book shop just opened up a few weeks ago across the street from our place. Girlfriend went out to grab some drinks from the liquor store near it, and came home with those for me. Love the Walking Dead TV series, so I'm sure I'll enjoy these too.

NFreak

For the second week in a row I found some great stuff at garage sales. I got all this stuff for 35 bucks in one lot. I was kind of disappointed because There was a ton of box/manual only things in the lot which I would have loved to get the games for, but I didn't have time to check the boxes. There were people hovering behind me and I just grabbed everything that was out. Friends got boxed copies of Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red at the same sale. I let them have it because they are giant Pokemon fans. I know they're worth a lot but I already have loose copies of the games.

PtndW.jpg

9y6am.jpg

XyRX7.jpg

These next couple are games that I had but I got the box/manual for them now so they are all complete.

cVI2Z.jpg

oL3eB.jpg

mblitek

7708496912_f55dc78d18_b.jpg

The first of many baby showers. -_-

Wow! That is quite the baby shower hole :) even though I'm nowhere near having a child let alone getting married I've seen what my sister and mom bye for baby showers. People really do need them as babies are quite expensive pick ups! That said do you know when the little guy will arrive? I assume it is going to be a boy based on the clothing I see in the picture ;)

Edit: I love me some GTI's! Red to boot!

zedge

Was at a local flea market today. Picked up a Wii, with Rogue Squadron 2 and GameCube controller, Wii mote, nun chuck and retro controller(?). $50!

God damn Rogue Squadron is so good..

IMG_20120805_204014.jpg

Moonkeis

I have a Candy White 4 Door. I love the car...unfortunately I've had to bring it in 3 times in the last 3 months. High pressure fuel pumped died, and just 3 days ago I had another pumped changed out. Hopefully that is the last issue because it's becoming the norm.

The wifey picked this up for me today, seems like most stores are sold out around my area.

376656_10151967049525147_205553973_n.jpg

Bii

Wow! That is quite the baby shower hole :) even though I'm nowhere near having a child let alone getting married I've seen what my sister and mom bye for baby showers. People really do need them as babies are quite expensive pick ups! That said do you know when the little guy will arrive? I assume it is going to be a boy based on the clothing I see in the picture ;)

Edit: I love me some GTI's! Red to boot!

Yes, we're expecting a boy. :) Our due date is September 22; right around the corner. That was just our first baby shower and we still have three to go.

I have a Candy White 4 Door. I love the car...unfortunately I've had to bring it in 3 times in the last 3 months. High pressure fuel pumped died, and just 3 days ago I had another pumped changed out. Hopefully that is the last issue because it's becoming the norm.

Oh wow, that's unfortunate. I've only owned the car for 2 months and the only thing that I can complain about it is the wind noise coming from the driver's side window when I'm going faster than 60mph. It's not a huge deal but is noticeable since I hear it everyday.

Moonkeis

Oh wow, that's unfortunate. I've only owned the car for 2 months and the only thing that I can complain about it is the wind noise coming from the driver's side window when I'm going faster than 60mph. It's not a huge deal but is noticeable since I hear it everyday.

I've owned mine for about a year. It was flawless until the pump issues came up. I picked up the DSG version because I assumed my wife would drive the car but she hasn't so far. It's no replacement for a proper manual but I like it.

Absinthe

It was a damn expensive week for me! About $450 more than I anticipated, I forgot to include tax when purchasing my new 15" Macbook Pro Retina 2.6Ghz/16gb/500gb :|
Mmmm so nicely tapered and machined.

Although it has a glossy display it is not nearly as reflective as it is in that picture.
Then I needed a mounting plate which I had designed and CNC'd out of a block of aluminum just like the MacBook Pro! My friend's Dad has a milling company so the mounting plate "only" cost me $500 which is a bargain considering the cost it takes to take a CNC machine off-line and do a one-off job and the cost of a block of aluminum!
Top of mounting plate​
Bottom of plate. Those three knobs on either side independently adjust and open or close to hold additional cables or what have you on the bottom. But the main feature is that it contains a very thin plastic covered metallic steel cable/wire so the laptop can't come off. The wire goes over and behind the keyboard.​
This mounting plate then slides and locks into a receiving bracket that is mounted onto a custom aluminum CNC adjustable arm that is then mounted onto the side of my wheelchair.
Mounting "wedge" on the plate
Receiver "wedge" at/on the end of the arm
Look at that beautiful milling job. The lip matches the curvature/edge of the bottom of the MacBook Pro retina perfectly. I designed it that way, I have an obsession for the details like a certain company called Apple ;)
Part of the top of the arm.
There you go!​
More pickups to come later on!

Looks great!
As a machinest myself (in the medical field) I appreciate well manufactured parts.

Not an Apple user, but is there a market for specialty products like this?

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Got these guys in the mail today only 2 more that I want to get now before series 8 starts.

Batman Incorporated digi combo for me and the little man to read and Batman Begins for $10 on Blu-Ray :)

notsol337

marked forever
After 5 years, I finally decided to pick this beauty up!

RvMUj.jpg

1958 Epiphone Explorer Reissue

I AM SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

mblitek

Looks great!
As a machinest myself (in the medical field) I appreciate well manufactured parts.

Not an Apple user, but is there a market for specialty products like this?

Nice! What do you do and who do you work for? Haha that sounded funny.

I'm glad you can appreciate well made products. I would say the unibody construction is something that goes unnoticed by 99% of the users.

But yes, there is quite the niche market in the medical field. Where do you live? Perhaps I can help you out?

Carnby

IMG_20120806_131521.jpg

It's the premium edition. It comes with two books and a sleeve.
IMG_20120806_131613.jpg

I thought the disclaimer was kinda funny.
IMG_20120806_131733.jpg

chiQ

The kittens are gorgeous.

Re. the VW, my last was a Golf, and I loved it. I was going to grab another this time around, but ended up getting a Volvo S60. More luxury for much less money, and a much better record of reliability. It has lousy lock, but otherwise it kicks the VW's arse. I still love the Golf though. I will probably go back to it one day. They're hugely fun on windy country roads.

LiK

fuck, way behind on posting my pickups. will have another batch when they arrive and take pics.

some stuff from last 2 months:

venusproject.jpg

TDKRpic.jpg

spimaxsher.jpg

FFklego1.jpg

2012-07-02_21-13-16_718.jpg

2012-07-02_21-13-05_561.jpg

2012-07-02_21-12-48_77.jpg

2012-07-02_21-12-25_93.jpg

2012-07-02_21-11-50_415.jpg

PS3DTV.jpg

Got my Puzzle Bobble/Bust a move cart today. Sadly it is a bootleg. Not a huge deal gameplay wise, I just would rather have official carts. Hopefully the seller will make good on this.

Also put in the new IL sticks and green push buttons.

Borman

Got my Puzzle Bobble/Bust a move cart today. Sadly it is a bootleg. Not a huge deal gameplay wise, I just would rather have official carts. Hopefully the seller will make good on this.

Also put in the new IL sticks and green push buttons.

Make sure you are 100% sure for PB. I know there are a ton of bootlegs for it, but a bunch of official carts also had EPROMs and such, which made it a bit more difficult to identify. I had one that I thought was a bootleg, but it wasn't.

Top Bottom