• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Aurelius

bioshock.jpg

Now excuse me while I go rub the tin case against my testicals.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I love the wad of cash, very Chad Warden-esque :lol

LocoSWE said:
Lol, why?

Some people enjoy collecting ds'es. Others do the same with gba sp's or micros. Other people collect every RE item known to man. It's a hobby, or so I heard

LocoSWE

Darunia said:
I love the wad of cash, very Chad Warden-esque :lol

Some people enjoy collecting ds'es. Others do the same with gba sp's or micros. Other people collect every RE item known to man. It's a hobby, or so I heard
Yeah, I can understand that people like collecting items, I collect Final Fantasy games and stuff. But DS's for example are much more expensive. I cant understand how people can put so much money on the same console again and again.

Rimshot

LocoSWE said:
Yeah, I can understand that people like collecting items, I collect Final Fantasy games and stuff. But DS's for example are much more expensive. I cant understand how people can put so much money on the same console again and again.

Then don't be stupid like me and try to complete your NeoGeo Cartridge homeconsole collection :s

Edit: Kadey, want a roomate xD ? Man you are CRAZY (cant decide if it's in a good way or a bad way though hehe)

Got Persona 3 and strat guide in the mail a couple of days ago.

22082007074as3.jpg

Bought BioShock: Collectors Edition and God of War II: Special Edition today.

24082007097.jpg

Oh and that red/black DS looks hawt! Really like that case too (though a bit too feminine). 1UP.com has some pics of it.

Bildi

This. Just a couple of hours ago. To say I was ecstatic would perhaps be an understatement (this is on my work scanner).

BIOSHOCKFTMFGMFW.jpg

Xater

Look what just arrived:

P8240029.jpg

BIOSHOCK!BIOSHOCK!BIOSHOCK!BIOSHOCK!

And even the normal version is in a tin case! NICE!

Danielsan

Just go Bioshock CE in the mail.

Big Daddy am Cry :(

bigdaddyamcry.jpg

Just my luck.
The replacement plan also isn't online yet. Ooh well atleast I get a printed version of the artbook to cheer me up.

US got fucked on the CE though, Tin box for the win. Looks 10x better :D

Bull

IMG_4579.jpg

Spider-man 3 went to a reasonable price point for me and you can never have enough boxing games in your collection. I also picked up the vision camera package after seeing the deal posted here.

DSC001083.jpg

Now I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks for my new PC to arrive. My old PC got Culture Shocked.

Other stuff.
DSC00112.JPG

That's right, Equilibrium, not Cubic, stupid Swedish moviepeople.

Oh yeah, got these too. Stupid neighbors.
DSC00113.JPG

Haven't gotten the chance to try them out much yet. But I'm quite satisfied so far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Farore said:
Pictures of the unit, please...

IMG_3599.jpg

It actually looks a lot better than I expected. The bottom isn't glossy like the Onyx units. The case is nice as well. I would love to see them packaged with every unit.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
Kadey said:
*snip*

It actually looks a lot better than I expected. The bottom isn't glossy like the Onyx units. The case is nice as well. I would love to see them packaged with every unit.

The chick on G4 said the hinge on the new Red/Black DS was a little stronger than on other Lites. Is this the case? Also, could you take a few more snaps of what it looks like open, etc?

Ravenn17

Grey_Fox_edit_4.jpg

Here's a custom Sanwa Stick I have on order. It's not a photo of the finished product, but it's close to it. I told the builder (Byrdo from SRK) to put the MGS logo as part of the artwork to fill space, but I don't think it fits the color scheme, so I told him to remove it.

When it's finished I'll post updated pics.

Roxas

bioshockedje4.jpg

- Bioshock Collectors Edition
- Blue Dragon
- and the little thing infront is the Jabra 125 which all you Warhawkers will be recieving next week :D

xcomp

Kadey said:
IMG_3599.jpg

Very fancy... Just right for anyone who's being drawn into "gaming" because of Brain Age =P

Rimshot

Bootaaay said:

Nice. I never tried the CDZ system. Only have a AES system (cartridge) from when I was small. Are there any big differences in the games from the 2 versions? Except the factthat the cart games were crazy expensive :/ and still are

I don't think theres much difference at all, loading times are a bit longer on normal NeoGeo CD units than AES - the CDZ is supposed to be much faster at loading though, so taking into consideration the extreme cost of AES carts I thought it'd be more sensible to go for the CDZ.

Rimshot

Bootaaay said:
I don't think theres much difference at all, loading times are a bit longer on normal NeoGeo CD units than AES - the CDZ is supposed to be much faster at loading though, so taking into consideration the extreme cost of AES carts I thought it'd be more sensible to go for the CDZ.

How about framerate and such?
And yeah, the cd games are alot cheaper :/ Wish it wasnt so expensive with the AES

Top Bottom