• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Vashu said:
BlueDragonShirt.jpg

With Blue Dragon coming out this week, I fear Bioshock will have to wait.

hey dude, where did you get this Blue Dragon shirt? a gift for preorders?

dankir

I haven't posted in about a month or so, but I got some goodies.

So game pickups, not too much stuff.

IMG_3100.jpg

HD movies

IMG_3099.jpg

Being a transformers fan I got these. Part of the Toys R Us Commemorative Collection, 2 / 22 so far with 3 coming in the mail this week

IMG_3101.jpg

These guys, Transformers Revoltechs and some Optimus and Mirage Alternators

IMG_3103.jpg

And all of these dudes, Takara Transformers Reissue. I got 14 / 22 with a few coming in the mail.

IMG_3104.jpg

all in all it was a great month or so.

OH yeah.... These too

IMG_3105.jpg

and these
IMG_3106.jpg

phew!

Jason

dankir said:
Being a transformers fan I got these. Part of the Toys R Us Commemorative Collection, 2 / 22 so far with 3 coming in the mail this week

IMG_3101.jpg

:O How much was the Powermaster Optimus Prime?

Doodlebug

I rarely post in these threads because I don't buy games too often, but I'm bored and I wanted to submit something

Anyway, this is what I've been playing:

DSCF0002-1.jpg

(Managed to capture the pearly sheen of the case, heh. 8D)

jtardiou

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
I'll probably be picking up Jeanne D' Arc on Wed. and my House Season 3 set will be arriving tomorrow.

So far, it's been a pretty slow month.

IMG_0243.jpg

The book is MGS3: The Countdown while the comics are MGS: SOL #'s 0, 7, 8, 9, 10. I want to finish the series before the MGS2: DGN comes out.

Close-ups:
IMG_0244.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

*drools*

Proc said:
which laws are you referencing.

I think there are some laws against soft drinks being sold that have caffeine in them. Well thats what i heard anyways, all i know is that i can only get caffeine free mountain dew around here and most energy drinks that are sold usually are labeled as guarana instead.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Doodlebug said:
Cool, the game's PAL. Where are you, Darunia?

You can get the drink in Europe?

You get the can for free if you preorder the game in a Game Mania store here in Belgium

Proc

Lostconfused said:
I think there are some laws against soft drinks being sold that have caffeine in them. Well thats what i heard anyways, all i know is that i can only get caffeine free mountain dew around here.

I frequently buy high-caffeinated drinks at many different locations. From caffeinated coke to redbull and from espresso to Full Throttle. I've even seen Simpsons branded energy drinks called Buzz Cola.

Proc said:
I frequently buy high-caffeinated drinks at many different locations. From caffeinated coke to redbull and from espresso to Full Throttle. I've even seen Simpsons branded energy drinks called Buzz Cola.

Well i can find several different energy drinks, but still the selection is somewhat limited compared to what can be found in the states.

Proc

Lostconfused said:
Well i can find several different energy drinks, but still the selection is somewhat limited compared to what can be found in the states.

Hmm, I just read that it is illegal to caffeinate non-cola soft-drinks...whack sauce!

Alpha_eX

Flock said:
If you haven't already, definitely get some of the japanese games, they have much better track-lists IMO.

Awesome awesome game yeah :D

I was planning on that, was cheaper to get the Drum from ebay, got it for $50 shipped to UK, I think it was like $120 or something crazy like that from play-asia for the game/drum.

Which are the best Japanese versions, I agree, the tracklists are much better, is there a home version of the arcade version, the tracks in that were great.

F-Pina

Guy Legend said:
It's a little piece of foam that came with a Saturn game when you bought it new. It's just to keep the cd in place.

Well, i am asking cus all of my Saturn games were on very cheap plastic boxes and the CDs kept falling. Never saw one before...

dragon.jpg

Aw hell yeah! Just played this for 3 hours, loving it. JRPG fan here ;D

Thanks to GAME for shipping all pre-orders like 4 days before they come out. I always get games well before release day with them. It's worth the extra you pay for going with them, plus their returns policy is pretty decent.

Bliddo

jjasper said:
How does it run on the Macbook pro?
1440x900, all the eyecandies on, it runs smoothly, no frame drops.
It's the SR MBP with the 8600 video card
Just tried XP, not vista(so only dx9)

Danielsan said:
Where did you pre-order yours?

Oh vanLeest. Normally I pre-order online, that usually gets you your game 1-3 days later than the actual release date. So in most cases, with games like these, I pre-order at Replay. But they told me they werent getting any Limited Editions. And I loathe the Free Record Shop, so I took my business to vanLeest, except they sent an email stating that I should allow 3-4 days for delivery to my establishment of choice (Leiden).

Danielsan

Fallout-NL said:
Oh vanLeest. Normally I pre-order online, that usually gets you your game 1-3 days later than the actual release date. So in most cases, with games like these, I pre-order at Replay. But they told me they werent getting any Limited Editions. And I loathe the Free Record Shop, so I took my business to vanLeest, except they sent an email stating that I should allow 3-4 days for delivery to my establishment of choice (Leiden).
Hmm never heard of them. Well atleast nedgame claims to guarrentee that the game will be delivered on releasedate, still wouldn't mind getting it a day early though..
They obviously have it, I paid for it and I'm sure 2k wouldn't mind people who pre-ordered the game to get their hands on it a day early. Whishful thinking I know. :p

Woo, another fellow Blue Dragon early getter. How're you enjoying it so far? I didn't like the demo, but the full game really hits the spot for me.

Top Bottom