• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

btf1980

Rancid Mildew said:
How do you like your 5010FD so far? It's on the short list of contenders I am considering for my next television.

I just took delivery of it, so i'm just testing it out with Planet Earth on blu-ray. Breathtaking is all I can say. I was toying around with getting an Elite, but it just does not seem worth it to me right now, especially since the new Pio's are coming out in the summer. I figured I would get the 5010 now, and it will hold me over for the next few years until I purchase a house, then I will build a dedicated room. A 50" tv is as big as I can go in a condo living space.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Finally upgraded my PS3 HDD,Toshiba 160 GB,Devil May Cry 4 was a good excuse to upgrade from my 20 gb.

PICT0068-1.jpg

Variable

Matrix said:
Finally upgraded my PS3 HDD,Toshiba 160 GB,Devil May Cry 4 was a good excuse to upgrade from my 20 gb.

PICT0068-1.jpg

Nice choice in music, I just got into Sigur Ros a few months ago. I love Takk.

Here's my haul so far:

february1.jpg

Burnout Paradise, Devil May Cry 4, and Namco X Capcom.

february2.jpg

This American Life season one, Lost season three, and The Brilliant Green -- Ash Like Snow (Gundam 00 opening song #2) CD/DVD single

Special edition thing of Advent Calander Children, comes with the movie (shock!), some art cards, a script and other useless shit. I picked it up recently too. :(

cjdunn

(Top row) Wallet-rape-age from Amazon Marketplace but I wanted to catch up on the series.
(Bottom row) Got PF:EJ for $20 because Best Buy screwed up delivery.
feb01.jpg

Fuck you Warner,
but thanks for going exclusive
I preordered Blade Runner from them in August for 20% discount and got repeated delays. After the most recent delay notice, I canceled and ordered from Amazon and got it in 3 days! Hence, fuck you Warner.
feb02.jpg

feb03.jpg

LRB1983 said:
It's Advent Children Gift set which contains:
http://i32.tinypic.com/308jzf5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very slick. I never picked AC up on DVD, but here's hoping there's a really nice package for Advent Children Complete on BD.

LiK

nakedsushi said:
That quiz game is actually pretty fun if you get a lot of people to play it, but I can't stand the host.

yea, gonna be a party game. i was deciding between scene-it and buzz and i heard buzz was much better.

Jason

distantmantra said:
february2.jpg

This American Life season one, Lost season three, and The Brilliant Green -- Ash Like Snow (Gundam 00 opening song #2) CD/DVD single

rock.gif

My Ash Like Snow CD/DVD should be here by monday. Stupid east coast snow storms. :lol

My stuff so far.

feb01.jpg

feb02.jpg

feb03.jpg

feb04.jpg

feb05.jpg

Got these over the week. Not pictured is a 1gb stick of RAM for my 12-inch G4 powerbook (which I'm currently typing on right now).

IMG_0880.jpg

decon

Pharmacy said:
sexy laptop decon, price, specs? hows the screen?
Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HDD 5200RPM, GeForce 8800GS, LED screen (which is amazing, it's sooo bright and the colors are just great with glossy screen - the LED thingie also makes the screen consume much less battery, it can run for 4 hours in powersave mode (makes the CPU and GPU a bit slower, doesn't matter much when you're just writing or listing to music though) and with 6/8 screen brightness. Dell runs a discus on it in Denmark atm, don't know if that applies to the US or any other countries for that matter. I gave 9500,- DKK for it which is ca. 1300-1500,- USD I guess.

Edit: btw it's only 1,8kg ^^

"Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HDD 5200RPM, GeForce 8800GS, LED screen (which is amazing, it's sooo bright and the colors are just great with glossy screen - the LED thingie also makes the screen consume much less battery, it can run for 4 hours in powersave mode (makes the CPU and GPU a bit slower, doesn't matter much when you're just writing or listing to music though) and with 6/8 screen brightness. Dell runs a discus on it in Denmark atm, don't know if that applies to the US or any other countries for that matter. I gave 9500,- DKK for it which is ca. 1300-1500,- USD I guess.

Edit: btw it's only 1,8kg ^^"

Looks really nice :D

Got some of these in late January, but whatevah!
i1567052_DSC00181.JPG

Timeshift is actually pretty cool. I like the way the enemies react to your hijinks, shenanigans and tomfooleries. This one time I think I shot a guy so he fell or some such, he then proceeded to sit on his ass whilst firing at me. Things like ass-firing help spice things up.

Dremfall Limited Edition score yes!

Counter Terrorist Special Forces: Fire for Effect was $1, so...I bought it. It has what probably is the ugliest boxart I've ever seen in reality. The thing hanging from the chopper in the background appears to be a guy in a sleeping bag.

Infernal Monkey said:
Flatout love! That game's getting far too little recognition.

Maximum Carnage was the awesomest game I had ever played. The move where Spidey grabs two enemies with his web and knocks them into each other in midair was the shit. And Venom could pick up people and just pound them in the face. Damn those annoying fat guys who jumped on you though.

Batman Returns was pretty sweet too. I'm of course speaking about the Batmobile levels, which were wildly entertaining. Apparently the Mega Drive version doesn't have those, so it sucks.

Ah, memories.

MaX_PL

Banned
decon said:
Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.20GHz, 3GB Ram, 250GB HDD 5200RPM, GeForce 8800GS, LED screen (which is amazing, it's sooo bright and the colors are just great with glossy screen - the LED thingie also makes the screen consume much less battery, it can run for 4 hours in powersave mode (makes the CPU and GPU a bit slower, doesn't matter much when you're just writing or listing to music though) and with 6/8 screen brightness. Dell runs a discus on it in Denmark atm, don't know if that applies to the US or any other countries for that matter. I gave 9500,- DKK for it which is ca. 1300-1500,- USD I guess.

Edit: btw it's only 1,8kg ^^

how did you get a 8800gs in a m1530/m1330? oh nvm, i guess thats the card they offer in Denmark.

in the states they only offer 8600m gt.

zoku88

MaX_PL said:
how did you get a 8800gs in a m1530/m1330? oh nvm, i guess thats the card they offer in Denmark.

in the states they only offer 8600m gt.
I'm pretty sure that's a typo. There is no 8800GS mobile card. If it's a m1330, it's most likely a 8400GS (I don't think it could fit anything hotter/bigger.)

Just got my T-shirt from that Assassin's Creed Contest today. This is probably the only thing I will get in February besides magazines.

Mamteespics025.jpg

Here's the front....

Mamteespics024.jpg

and the back.

BasicUAE

allreal said:
thats a nice laptop decon. just got mine too.

IMG_0316.jpg

haha see wut i did there?

Nicccce

I have to ask... WTF at what?... it's written on that paper on the right...really WTF at what?..... I HAVE to know or i won't be able to sleep ^^"...

allreal

lol last night my computer was lagging for the first time and it was pretty late everyone in the house was sleeping and i can't yell WTF! so i wrote it. haha i shut it down n everything was cool thank god.

Top Bottom