• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
IMG_7374.png

Die Hard Arcade. Me and my brother spent COUNTLESS quarters playing this years ago at CiCi's Pizza.
I never thought I'd actually own the Saturn version and was just about to give up and settle for Dynamite Cop.
Then I found this.
It's in pretty much perfect condition (the case has two cracks but the disc is MINT) and Goodwill was charging half the price that it goes for online.
So happy with this one.

pretty cool paid $40 for mine

Amagon

IMG_7378.png

Power Quest
I've wanted this game for at least 10 years. I used to play it all the time with a friend (he had 2 copies) over the link cable.
It's basically a fighting game but also an RPG.
One of the few 2D fighting games that I actually like.

Nostalgia just kicked me right in the gooch. That game was so badass to play back in the day.

Pupsicles

Evening 'Gaf. Here a few of my 2013 pick-ups so far! Technically I received Layton and Paper Mario alongside my 3DS XL as a present from my kindly mother at Christmas. I included them in the picture anyway; they're both much better than I expected them to be! Theatrhythm is fun too; I bought it in the sale for £17.99.

Where did you get that shirt?

Yes Boss!

Got the three new Batmans on Blu for $33. Seems like a nice price for all three. Have not seen the last movie but I'm gonna rewatch the first two then hit the third.

929C2885-2E37-4C5A-8B77-182E2C626EB2-1270-00000157D7B4BAA4.jpg

As I started to do last month, I will now post a video of all my pickups the previous month. (December 2012)

Watch my pickpa video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCM2Y1javQ

Black CoD WiFi Vita
Virtue's Last Reward Vita (Free with Vita via amazon, already had 3DS but wanted this anywayz.)
LittleBigPlanet PSVita
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Vita
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush & Mutant Blobs (Free via PS+)

Last Issue of Nintendo Power
Last issue of Nintendo Power SEALED.
The Hunger Games BluRay (amazon instant video version free.)
The Hunger Games 2013 Calendar
Club Nintendo Platinum Posters
Wario Land II (3DS Download)

As you can see, it was a pretty huge month for me. Next month will be a lot less lol. Love my Vita and happy to find two NPs so I could read one and keep the other sealed.

LiK

Dell Ultrasharp 27" IPS LED monitor. Looks great. First one I got had major yellow bleeding so I requested for a replacement and the second had none. Phew.

9B401AFA-8993-4000-945A-DCA310999F81-11307-0000097C6D008989.jpg

B8E37328-F99F-4857-A88D-362ADDB206FF-11307-0000097C6458B1F9.jpg

Some Hot Toys. MGS3, TDKR and Cap

97553CAF-A187-45FF-ADF0-B062D6400549-11307-0000097C5E4EDC46.jpg

16GB Vita memory card from that Sony store sale. REALLY wanted the 32GB but it sold out.

DF1AC646-29A4-4B30-8442-A7EE1C1D5A16-11307-0000097C731EA504.jpg

Also, old school corner in the works. Need to look for my SNES and N64 which are in boxes somewhere.

7E3571C4-BEB2-4AF9-8117-FD8A0C6F019B-11307-0000097C785544F3.jpg

Got a custom built arcade machine(emulator). Love playing Street Fighter and Track & Field on it.

upDLDl.jpg

Also got myself a Dremel to finish off my HAF X Side panel mod if that counts?

Ze26al.jpg

My Whole 'Retro Corner'

h6FSpl.jpg

Persona86

Banned
Ha, I didn't realize it until now. I mostly shot from that angle to avoid the glare from my light.

Guess it worked out anyways.

KuGsj.gif

I meant the angle in the cover art haha, it has an unique looking perspective.

But OK that's good camera work too, well done! ;)

MG310

Games from Christmas & a bit earlier (WiiU not pictured)
WWE 13
X-Com
Skyrim
Dishonored
Nintendoland
New SMBU

Art of Todd Mcfarlane Hardcover and Resident Evil Archives from Amazon

2x Marvel Masterworks Sentinels from Marshalls
Return of Marvel Legends series 2 Piledriver and Series 4 Hyperion, Ultimate Cap, Archangel, Wolverine, Red She Hulk, Protector, & Hit Monkey

Big Pile of Copic Markers - grabbed the Anniversary set because its the only one on Blick that allows you to use discount codes and it has the fine/brush nib combo.
Pentel Pocket Brush

Also the pics were taken on my new desk - L shaped Futura regular table/drafting table combo

broob

Neo Member
PP015.jpg

Blue 3DS XL, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Theatrhythm, Pushmo and a Club Nintendo game case.

d2Bel.jpg

T-ara Live in Budokan Bluray, T-ara Best of CD+Photobook+DVD, I Am: SMTown Live at MSG Bluray, Girls' Generation Girls & Peace Limited Edition.

Lucent

Oh, and I guess I picked this up too.
IMG_7383.png

I've been certified for a year but never got the physical copy.

Sort of off topic, but related to what you just posted, how long would you say you should study for the A+ Essentials part? I'm supposed to take it Friday but I'm thinking about moving it to March or something. I got really lucky when I got my Net+ (got 720, the exact score I needed to pass) and I'm not exactly sure how much time I should've put into studying for this. I know the A+ should've been first, but that's just how my school schedule went down. lol

Deku Tree

Dell Ultrasharp 27" IPS LED monitor. Looks great. First one I got had major yellow bleeding so I requested for a replacement and the second had none. Phew.

9B401AFA-8993-4000-945A-DCA310999F81-11307-0000097C6D008989.jpg

u2713hm? or u2711? (I just ordered the u2713hm, but I don't have it yet...)

entremet

As for Marwan,

Don't really know the circumstances. He posted his usual christmas pics from UAE/Dubai then a few days later his dad posted a message how it was bad to loose a son. The other message was from his mother, but in arabic, so I'm not sure what it said. I think something about a seisure.

I was only an internet friend but we shared a great deal since I grew up a few hundred miles from him, in the Kingdom, and we shared a bunch of the same likes such as Nintendo, the Lebanese singer Fairuz and Madonna.

That's so sad. I remember him. He had kids too. :(

Ah, I assumed you bought it on 12/12/12 in the states.

Envious.

I read somewhere they sold out really quickly in the US. It was quite a hassle to get me these 2 already, so I can imagine what it would be like to try and get some if you don't live in/near Belgium.

KingGondo

Banned
I read somewhere they sold out really quickly in the US. It was quite a hassle to get me these 2 already, so I can imagine what it would be like to try and get some if you don't live in/near Belgium.
Yeah, it wasn't even available in most of the US, and even then it was something like $85 for a four-pack of bottles.

I would've bought some if it was sold in my state. Oh well.

Yeah, it wasn't even available in most of the US, and even then it was something like $85 for a four-pack of bottles.

I would've bought some if it was sold in my state. Oh well.

You could try and find Sint-Bernardus' Abt 12, which is fairly similar to Westvleteren 12, but not as limited in production. So it should be a lot cheaper too.

The wiki page explains why it's so similar:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bernardus_Brewery

schwupp

Got a custom built arcade machine(emulator). Love playing Street Fighter and Track & Field on it.
duuude what happend to your buttons?

nice build - but i would fix the button placement. there are some great sega astro city stencils if you need help.

LiK

Yay! I just got mine too! Can't wait to open it!

OG8oel.jpg

cool, check for any yellow bleeding. seems to be an issue with them. mine had a pretty bad one in lower left quandrant. i got a replacement as mentioned in my post and it has ZERO yellow bleed. i'm satisfied.

Deku Tree

cool, check for any yellow bleeding. seems to be an issue with them. mine had a pretty bad one in lower left quandrant. i got a replacement as mentioned in my post and it has ZERO yellow bleed. i'm satisfied.

What does the yellow bleeding look like? How do you notice it? Thanks! (Still can't open my monitor yet...)

Top Bottom