• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

VOOK said:
6ugjk92.jpg

How come everyone from A Dog's Breakfast is in Stargate as well?

womfalcs3

Banned
neoism said:
WOW man, your carpet is awesome! looks sooo soft.

:lol

It's actually a blanket. I was thinking the same thing though as I posted the picture. I knew somebody would see it as carpet. I was pondering carpet made of such material at the time.

LiK

womfalcs3 said:
:lol

It's actually a blanket. I was thinking the same thing though as I posted the picture. I knew somebody would see it as carpet. I was pondering carpet made of such material at the time.

best blanket evar :lol

Metalmurphy said:
How come everyone from A Dog's Breakfast is in Stargate as well?

It's David Hewlett's movie. He plays a main character on Atlantis, and since they're all such good buddies behind the scenes (as the Stargate disc special features show) he just got them all into the movie. In fact, some of the sets and props in ADB are actually re-used from Stargate :p Like the sci-fi ship in the fictional TV series in the movie, is actually the Prometheus/Apollo set from SG1/Atlantis.

Proc

GalacticAE said:
My pickups - hooray for paydays!

100_1066.jpg

Man, what a release Resident Evil 2 was. Not too many moments in gaming since matches the nostalgia I have for that gun shop scene.

Let me know if you're able to get into VP2, I haven't been able to, but I really haven't given it the time it deserves.

nny

My quest for "getting those games I should have long ago" continues, now with some cheer leading action; trying to finish my Paranoia Agent collection now that Geneon USA has jumped the boat (I'm in Europe, do you Americans find it any harder to get ahold of Geneon releases? Or is the availability the same over there?); and hey, this year's Pearl Jam X-mas single didn't arrive on April! *yay*

DSC02775.jpg

OSU!

marwan

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"my jan purchase, PC goodies! :)"

What are you building that requires that many heatsinks/fans?

I bought 2 heat sink since both are rated the best, I wanted to see which woks best with my Core 2 Extreme 3Ghz processor. The Tuniq turns out almost impossible to install due to my motherboard’s huge heat sink surrounding the CPU, it’s screws are impossible to screw unless I have midget fingers(plus they’re the type you screw with your finger not screw drivers). So eventuall I took it off and installed the Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, it fit flawless and my temp dropped a good 7-10 degrees!  best HS EVER!!!

the other ram heat sin are for a friend, so i just ordered them for him.

the zalman VGA cooler is to cool my 8800GTX

"I bought 2 heat sink since both are rated the best, I wanted to see which woks best with my Core 2 Extreme 3Ghz processor. The Tuniq turns out almost impossible to install due to my motherboard’s huge heat sink surrounding the CPU, it’s screws are impossible to screw unless I have midget fingers(plus they’re the type you screw with your finger not screw drivers). So eventuall I took it off and installed the Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, it fit flawless and my temp dropped a good 7-10 degrees!  best HS EVER!!!

the other ram heat sin are for a friend, so i just ordered them for him.

the zalman VGA cooler is to cool my 8800GTX'

Ah makes more sense that some of it is for your friend. I was gonna say you have enough to probably put two on every piece of hardware in your computer going by the picture you posted :lol

DSFan1970

I just got back from a wonderful two week vacation in Japan. It was my first visit. My partner and I went to Hakone, (Mt. Fuji), Osaka, Kyoto, Yokohama, were blessed by the Emperor and his family for New Years and of course I had to visit Akihabara. The first electronics store I visited was actually Bic in Ginza. In my excitement over actually getting a copy of Famitsu in Japan along with all the promotional videogame papers I was carrying (they give out so many), I walked out without paying for Famitsu! Yikes! Anyway when I visited Akihabara I went to Trader Super Potato the all the other PC shops...deals all around. Especially at Traders! I also would like to tell anyone going to Japan to find the locations of a chain called Book Off. Map them BEFORE you go, it's alot easier. The best place for random bargains ever! I had so much fun!

Here are some pics of stuff I got:
Art of Gyakutensaiban I bought at the Mandarake Sibuya.
dsc05719ky0.jpg

PopNMusic PS1
dsc05717bu4.jpg

dsc05716um6.jpg

dsc05714tf8.jpg

dsc05713zk5.jpg

dsc05710kj9.jpg

dsc05709ik2.jpg

Zero Divide! It's been so long since i played this! This was in the junk bin at Trader!
dsc05708bi0.jpg

dsc05706zs0.jpg

This was also in the junk bin! The MaestroMusic I have had a curious interest in this game since Mad Maestro for the PS2. I could not believe my luck!
dsc05704aw1.jpg

dsc05705up7.jpg

dsc05703vg3.jpg

Wonderswan and NeoGeo Portables and a Doeraman game (my partner loves Doreamon!)
dsc05702hn1.jpg

Saturn games were 50 yen to 100 yen each for the most part. I assembled most of the following from Trader Book Off and any of the expensive prices were from Super Potato. And I found Zero Divide Two i the Trader junk box!!
dsc05701ay5.jpg

dsc05700yy0.jpg

dsc05699qu9.jpg

dsc05698fs5.jpg

dsc05695xc7.jpg

dsc05694xn4.jpg

dsc05693tc7.jpg

Then I was in Book Off Asakasa (where we stayed) and found this! What a find! 15Yen for the game and controller!
dsc05692od1.jpg

Below, the Saturn was 3000yen at Traders, the Fighting Stick was 180y and the Driving stick was 1yen! I almost left the stick behind but my partner packed it! He's the best! The Famicom is a junk 100yen model
dsc05690ri8.jpg

Nodame Cantabile for DS a rythym game which guest stars the Taiko Drums from Taik from Taiko Drum Master!
dsc05686uf1.jpg

6okxgk8.jpg

Another one. I'm trying to get all their albums back in MP3 format rather than the AAC I originally bought them in. Three Cheers is probably their weakest album (as an album and not just a collection of songs), and probably just because it doesn't have an ending song on the level of their other two (Demoliton Lovers and Famous Last Words/Blood). But that's like saying one sandwich is weaker than two others because it's missing a few slices of turkey.

Yes, I'm analyzing My Chemical Romance albums. It's Sunday.

I bought Ratatouille from Amazon in the Blu-ray sale, it should be here next week.

Greatness Gone said:
What...is wrong with you?
It's actually impossible to convince anyone that this is a good band, and it's all because of the hardcore fanbase. I guess it's also hard to convince nongamers that gamers aren't all sweaty, pimply faced nerds and that all Christians aren't militant nutjobs.

:(

doogles said:
It's actually impossible to convince anyone that this is a good band, and it's all because of the hardcore fanbase. I guess it's also hard to convince nongamers that gamers aren't all sweaty, pimply faced nerds and that all Christians aren't militant nutjobs.

But...Gerard Way can't sing for shit.

doogles said:

Well fucking put. Still don't like MCR though.

doogles said:

You know, after actually listening to their albums (especially black parade), My Chem is not bad at all. I'm not so much into the scene and blew them off to the side, but their music is rather enjoyable.

Greatness Gone said:
I actually believe that's a personal choice. Some people (me) like the style, others (you) don't. Some people can't stand death metal vocals or hair metal vocals, either. I like both.

EDIT:

donkey show said:
You know, after actually listening to their albums (especially black parade), My Chem is not bad at all. I'm not so much into the scene and blew them off to the side, but their music is rather enjoyable.
Black Parade from start to finish (especially if you drop Cancer, which is very :'() is completely fantastic. My Chem knows how to end an album.

DSFan1970

nny said:
damn. It must have been fun, all that "hunting" for bargains. :/

It was fun, but I spent about just a few hours 'hunting'. It's insanely crowded in in Akihabara, and I could only stand it a little while. It was nice though to see a place where games are taken seriously (like here) while being sold to by people who also love games (not like here).
Bookoff though I did go out of my way to find. Excellent place. I did buy alot, but how many times am I in Japan?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
DSFan1970 said:
It was fun, but I spent about just a few hours 'hunting'. It's insanely crowded in in Akihabara, and I could only stand it a little while. It was nice though to see a place where games are taken seriously (like here) while being sold to by people who also love games (not like here).
Bookoff though I did go out of my way to find. Excellent place. I did buy alot, but how many times am in Japan?

Thanks for that wonderful post, I'm planning on going to Japan sometime in April! It'll be my second time in the country(first time I was too young to remember), so it'll be a fun/confusing hunt I guess... lol...

Alpha_eX

merch_mario_case.jpg

Annoyed at Play-Asia for screwing me over a second time by not sending a full set, first Zelda then those, dammit!

toys_mariosun.jpg

These are cool, got the set for £10, already got the Baby Bowser and Blue Defino guy from some random Gashapon shop in Japan, nice to have the full set.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Not to go off topic, but DSFan1970, you've totally made my decision for my travel plans. I haven't been back to Japan in like 5 years now, so instead of going to San Francisco I think I might spend 2 weeks in Japan with my friend in May.

DangerStepp

Greatness Gone said:
I'll give him credit for his appearance on Every Time I Die's Gutter Phenomenon, but besides that... you won't find them in my collection. Besides, he and Keith Buckley's singing...the difference is indiscernable.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
some post xmas goods :D

PC upgrade goods
jan5.jpg

getting ready for MGS4! Metal gear acid2 and metal gear portable ops+ also on its way
jan4.jpg

The addiction is back ;; old account was banned but friend gave me his...
jan3.jpg

Random play-asia purchases and 1month of live from xbox support.
jan2.jpg

yay my 360 is back! new unit after my old one broke.
jan1.jpg

marwan

Banned
dankir said:
Dude how many phones do you buy a month????

it's not a phone! it's linux based and is made for browsing the net/email...and yuo can install linux applications too :)

as to phones, i only buy the high-end Nokia and Sony Ericsson ones :) ....i'm still on my beloved Nokia N95.

Aurelius

DSFan1970 said:
I just got back from a wonderful two week vacation in Japan. It was my first visit. My partner and I went to Hakone, (Mt. Fuji), Osaka, Kyoto, Yokohama, were blessed by the Emperor and his family for New Years and of course I had to visit Akihabara. The first electronics store I visited was actually Bic in Ginza. In my excitement over actually getting a copy of Famitsu in Japan along with all the promotional videogame papers I was carrying (they give out so many), I walked out without paying for Famitsu! Yikes! Anyway when I visited Akihabara I went to Trader Super Potato the all the other PC shops...deals all around. Especially at Traders! I also would like to tell anyone going to Japan to find the locations of a chain called Book Off. Map them BEFORE you go, it's alot easier. The best place for random bargains ever! I had so much fun!

*lots of stuff*

This reminds me that I have to leave some spare room in my suitcase when I go to Japan this summer. :D

Wilsongt

Incoming: Shitty cell phone cam.

0114081640.jpg

That's all that came in this month. I did receive my Final Fantasy VII Strategy guide, but technically I ordered that in December.

Spike

Today, my brother picked up:

Terminator: Dawn of Fate - Xbox (works on 360)
Terminator: Redemption - GCN
Billy Hatcher - GCN
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - GCN

Zyzyxxz

I bought a new 22" Widescreen monitor, the 19" next to it is for sale.

Also made a poster on snapfish for Half-Life 2

Sorry bout the flash but too lazy to retake the photos

P1010001.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

Top Bottom