• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

btf1980

2 Quality flicks.

IMG_0534.jpg

Jeff-DSA said:
A girl I play soccer with made this. My wife knew she painted, so she asked her to do it for me for Christmas, but it got finished a little later than expected. Either way, it's awesome. It's in watercolor.

DSC02460.jpg

That kicks ass. Looks great, especially for a watercolor painting.

Chromax

Got some new games to play this month (Also got Uncharted, finished it in 2 days and lend it to friend)
qd72gxhg6quh3bqm6g18.jpg

My DJ Max 2 silver came, I really wanted the Night Black but this one is still good. Wish I got the Prestige edition of the first game. =(
zcd19egwa2zpxlwir5z8.jpg

The art book is really good, and that's my 3rd Disgaea guide already...
2h3t7vp3crgipvn1ensu.jpg

Got into the .Hack series.
s3rgn76fm9pvco1vy1jl.jpg

Few more RPGs that I got for cheap.
kp6dtvprpqlyan7jgc3i.jpg

5is8dcj2pywzowofhdgn.jpg

Followed by a expensive one...
xyujmmphmakvtjbwv3uw.jpg

The cheap but good games that was out a month or 2 ago (already have KOF XI), and some Blu-ray.
4omku0ifplg2v2xv33ds.jpg

SIP YEK NOD said:
IMG_0448Small.jpg

new keyboard, so sexy <3
i have the same one. it's fantastic.

this was my holiday pickup this year:

denon 3808ci

2157107572_e381753ae9_o.jpg

HDMI 1.3a
1080p/24/60
4 HDMI inputs
1080p upconversion
and the GUI menu kicks ass and overlays over all source inputs

chemicals

Chromax said:
Got some new games to play this month (Also got Uncharted, finished it in 2 days and lend it to friend)
qd72gxhg6quh3bqm6g18.jpg

so tell me something if you've tried DOAX2... is it worth the circuit city 9 buck price? at least for the sake of it being a team ninja game? tell me tell me tell me!

Chorazin

NekoFever said:
You've been able to transfer back to the memory card since firmware 1.80.

I'm holding onto it because my PS1/PS2 gaming is split between my PS3 (US games) and PS2 (PAL and Japanese) and it means less fiddling with memory card management since I have more games than fit on my memory cards. It's not like I'm out more than a few quid on it anyway.

Ah, I didn't know they changed the way it operates. That's awesome that they made it the way it should have worked the first time.

Chromax

chemicals said:
so tell me something if you've tried DOAX2... is it worth the circuit city 9 buck price? at least for the sake of it being a team ninja game? tell me tell me tell me!

For 9...sure why not. >_>

rc213

XMAS
PS3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank: TOD And Oblivion
Blu-Ray: Underworld, The Fifth Element And The Replacement Killers

January
The Orange Box & Assasin's Creed

Me = :D

Arrived today in the mail:

IMG_0708.jpg

Close-up of MGS2: Substance Sorter card:
IMG_0709.jpg

Close-up of MGS 20th Anniversary Kubricks:
IMG_0710.jpg

*Blade Runner blu-ray set from Amazon :D but everything else is from eBay.

Aurelius

Does a 21 day vacation to Japan count as a gaming/non-gaming good? :)

Just made a reservation for this summer.

Omikaru

01.JPG

Going to set it up later. Got it for £650 with next day delivery from Amazon UK. Read some pretty positive things about the set on a few AV forums so I plonked the cash down. Not bad for a 1080p set, really.

Alpha_eX

Omikaru said:
01.JPG

Going to set it up later. Got it for £650 with next day delivery from Amazon UK. Read some pretty positive things about the set on a few AV forums so I plonked the cash down. Not bad for a 1080p set, really.

Let me know how that TV is, was thinking of getting the same set.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Sigh, screwed up pretty badly and posted to the December thread at first >_> Anyway, here's my January pick-ups this far:

dslite.jpg

incoming from Play-Asia:

final_fantasy_xii_ds_capa.jpg

Omikaru

Alpha_eX said:
Let me know how that TV is, was thinking of getting the same set.
Well I've been playing around with it and it's good for my needs, but you may want to know that it only does 1080p over HDMI and Component, not VGA. Fine for me, as I'll only be using HDMI for HD stuff, but if you have a non-HDMI 360 and don't want to play in 1080p over component (who would blame you?) then this might not be the set for you.

Otherwise, at £650 this blows all other sets in its price range out of the water. For a 1080p TV from a major brand, it's an unmatched bargain in my opinion. I don't regret the purchase whatsoever. Here's some specs for you, too:
- 3500:1 contrast
- 8ms response
- 1x Component
- 2x HDMI
- 1x VGA (though it's worthless as far as I'm concerned)
- Good Freeview reception, if that's your thing
- 500 cdm/2 brightness

My only other gripe with the TV is the presets for image configuration. You can't have custom image settings for each channel/input, but instead have 4 presets (which I believe you can alter yourself) that you can assign to different channels/inputs. I can imagine that'll annoy some of you, with all sorts of devices under the sun connected to the TV, but it's only a mild nuisance to me as it's an unorthodox way of configuring the settings - plus I only use Wii/360/PS3 on it anyway.

Hope that helps.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Omikaru said:
01.JPG

hmmm whenever i see that set it is advertised at 720p im confused.

Sad_Panda

Winter sales started off well :

soldes2008ko1.jpg

Thing is, I usually don't really give a damn about figures. I only picked them because they were dirt cheap. Well, gonna keep the Balthier one since it looks pretty sick, the other ones I could care less about. They're gonna end up soon on eBay or something.

Once the warner news hit, i bailed out of hd-dvd completely. sold all of my movies and my 360 add-on, and used the money from that to pick up all of these, with the exception of 3:10 to Yuma. The games pictured are technically christmas gifts, i just got around to using my best buy gift cards.

jana.jpg

janb.jpg

Top Bottom