• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

jey_16

Banned
fuck....bought PS3 Orange Box today and the case is damaged and the paper cover is ripped, no idea how it happened since it was still in the plastic wrapping when i bought it and i did not notice it at the store....only saw it when i got home

the store policy is that they dont give refunds/exchanges if you change your mind or make a wrong selection but they should give me a replacement case + cover right? the disc is fine though

i know its kind of stupid, but considering the money i am paying, they could at least give me a proper case and cover

orangecrap1.jpg

orangecrap2.jpg

zoku88

jey_16 said:
i know its kind of stupid, but considering the money i am paying, they could at least give me a proper case and cover
At first I thought you were talking about the awful boxart :lol

marwan

Banned
just a thought, from all those "show us your gaming goods" threads, have you guys noticed that the majority of people are buying PS3 over 360s?

YAY! :D

zoku88

marwan said:
just a thought, from all those "show us your gaming goods" threads, have you guys noticed that the majority of people are buying PS3 over 360s?

YAY! :D
It's cuz most of the ppl here seem to already have 360s :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Zombie month for me...

PICT0067-1.jpg

Damn amazon bogo's,amazon prime and still having the 10% off deal made me go blu-ray crazy...

PICT0068.jpg

*yes those are two hd-dvds....whoooo!*

marwan

Banned
zoku88 said:
It's cuz most of the ppl here seem to already have 360s :(

true, but i also see more Bluray movies being bought over HD-DVD, plus that RRoD thing drove people away from buying yet another PS3. oh well. It's looking for good for PS3 this year....another price drop(around E3?) and PS3 will be kick ass.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Matrix said:
Zombie month for me...

PICT0067-1.jpg

Damn amazon bogo's,amazon prime and still having the 10% off deal made me go blu-ray crazy...

How are those Max Brooks' books? A lot of people seem to be picking them up lately. I love zombie movies so I may have to check them out.

Also, I love the Zodiac cover art.

Aurelius

purg3 said:
How are those Max Brooks' books? A lot of people seem to be picking them up lately. I love zombie movies so I may have to check them out.

Also, I love the Zodiac cover art.
I read both of them, very good! Especially World War Z.

Proc

eznark said:
Does C&C work relatively well on the 360?

Try the demo. I thought it was shit. You can get by with knowing build orders, but the pacing is very wonky in comparison to PC.

LiK

P3 figure + BD movies + games. these games were the only ones i found at the CC sale that i wanted. everything else was gone :( o yea, bust-a-move is for my sis.

stuff12.jpg

avcables

Banned
I was banned for quite a while until the end of last month. I haven't had a chance to show what I've been picking up for the past couple of months. Since it would have been around a hundred items accumulated, I'll just post a few, more important ones.

I really need to organize this setup.
SANY0380copy.jpg

A 32" Sharp Aquos. As you can see, I have Rock Band.
SANY0382copy.jpg

I didn't want to go crazy on a 5.1 setup but for the price, this $200 Sony system is <b>awesome</b>.
SANY0383copy.jpg

And my phone, the LG Voyager.
SANY0378copy.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PICT0071.jpg

I took advantage of Barnes&Nobles.com buy two get a third dvd free deal on the Wire box sets.

cjdunn

Warner Bros. finally catching up with my order -- Blade Runner! Now!
jan01.jpg

Finally used my Best Buy reward certificates. All 3 for $55.
jan02.jpg

A very magical Amazon BOGO #3 (or is it 4?) and a thank you to Warner for switching... plus zombies
jan03.jpg

Not pictured is a Porter-Cable 4212 12-Inch Deluxe Dovetail Jig. I'm building my own TV stand.

jangamesnamcomuseumistrash002.jpg

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary sure is a fucking depressing celebration. I especially like how they've crammed some 80's tunes in there, yet you can't listen to them when playing the actual games.

dankir

Got alot of stuff. This is December and January.

Games.

IMG_3363.jpg

HD-DVDs

IMG_2.jpg

Blu Rays

IMG_1.jpg

Renegade Ultimate Gaming chair. I got this to review, links here if you wanna read it.

IMG_3369.jpg

Little game called Rockband

IMG_3373.jpg

Other stuff I collect

IMG_3385.jpg

About a week before the whole WB blu-ray deal went down (good timing on my part) I decided that I wanted to pick up a PS3 as I wanted an HD player and there were enough interesting exclusives that I couldn’t get on my 360 (Uncharted, R&C and the promise of LittleBigPlanet). So after a bit of browsing I happened across what looked like a fantastic deal on eBay. I think the seller made some mistakes with his listing (too high an initial price, incorrect category, didn’t put Playstation as well as PS3 in the title) and I believe that I walked away with a fantastic deal.

For $400 ($360 + $40 shipping) I scored a 20GB PS3 (BC was important to me and WiFi wasn’t) with a murderers row of some of the greatest PS2 games ever. I missed most of the PS2 era so I’m really geeked about being able to catch up on all these games. Go ahead and take a gander at the picture below:

6utm1eg.jpg

The PS3 was still in the original box and is in immaculate shape and all the games except for God Of War come in the original box with the manual. There are a few games that I’m just going to trade in (Genji, Shinobi, Xenosaga I and II, Kengo, Brotherhood of Steel) but the rest of the games are freaking fantastic.

Heavenly Sword (the only PS3 game)
ZOE: The Second Runner
Shadow of the Colossus
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Viewtiful Joe
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Devil May Cry 3
God Of War
God Of War II
Final Fantasy XII
Okami
Metal Gear Solid 2 (both Metal Gears were not even listed in the auction)
Metal Gear Solid 3
Winning Eleven 8

Of those games I’ve only played the two Metal Gear games and Final Fantasy X and X-2 already. I’m not a recommendation thread lover, but if anyone has advice about where to start in on that backlog I’d totally appreciate it ;-).

cjdunn

haunts said:
whats that "zen of zombies" book about?

Self-help book humor (or is it satire???)

Who else knows more about inner peace than the undead.

Do you struggle out of bed each morning and sway lifelessly across the room, mouth agape, arms hanging slack, murmuring unintelligibly? Well, take heart: you’re not alone! But these other staggering, limp, perpetually drowsy folks just happen to be zombies—and it turns out they can teach us a lot about enjoying life. And only here, between the covers of this book, will you learn their secrets to happiness. Learn how to slow down and move at your own pace, become your own boss, and just devour those irritating people who get in your way. And there’s more, because zombies can offer no-nonsense advice on love, playing to your strengths, and on becoming more adaptable.

cjdunn said:
That... is a fuckton of value.

Now go online and buy Wowhawk (aka Warhawk), Super Stardust HD and Everyday Shooter. Do it!

Sir, yes Sir!

Sir, permission to also play Uncharted as I start my duties listed above?

dankir

bryehn said:
Holy crap, I just had a flashback to 1987. Wicked scores...Those are originals I assume?

No these are reissues of the originals, well asides from the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus.

Valkendorm said:
Nice diecast collection. What's the white one next to the Miura? BMW 320Si WTCC?

You sir are correct, here's the rest of my collection

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Pharmacy

Banned
found my macro lens time for some art dude

POST DEDICATED TO JUSTJOHN

best exclusive games ever
71fsykk.jpg

some cool multiplatform titles, really enjoying GRAW2, im a god in COD4, stuck on the darkness goddamn son, skate is just ballin seriously
6l44ea9.jpg

Top Bottom