• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Android18a said:
It's David Hewlett's movie. He plays a main character on Atlantis, and since they're all such good buddies behind the scenes (as the Stargate disc special features show) he just got them all into the movie. In fact, some of the sets and props in ADB are actually re-used from Stargate :p Like the sci-fi ship in the fictional TV series in the movie, is actually the Prometheus/Apollo set from SG1/Atlantis.

This is true, love how it crosses into the SG universe without actually doing so. :D

btf1980 said:
More sweet imports.

IMG_0549.jpg

Invisible Target looks interesting...have you watched it yet?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 kit:

8ektt84.jpg

Espgaluda 2 kit:

8aobf4l.jpg

Espgaluda art set to go towards completing my kit:

8650wsy.jpg

Mushi Futari poster:

6p4enb7.jpg

Ketsui poster:

6k7ivq9.jpg

Futari superplay+Ketsui flyer/stationary set:

89v4oc3.jpg

Sigma Raijin:

8eih5iv.jpg

I won't be buying anything else for another 3 months at least:lol

Gagaman

So far this month:

DSCF6611.jpg

Got a load of neat junk from Gamestation's sale. Most of this stuff cost £1, and the belt buckle and Mario sound keychain were £3 each. They keep putting out different stuff every other day too, so I've been up there a good few times, good thing I only live ten minutes away from one! I also got this t-shirt for a fiver..

DSCF6612.jpg

DSCF6609.jpg

Twin Stick cost me £35 after postage, quite a good deal me thinks. I also bought a Saturn > Dreamcast controller converter at the same time so I can use them fro VO:OT, but the converter doesn't assign the controls for the twin sticks right =(

Bust a Move 3 was a fiver, SVC Chaos from Woolworths sale for about £8.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PICT0034.jpg

Just got my replacement Big Daddy figure and artbook in the mail.Big Daddy figure in perfect condition this time,the art book has a crease on the front and back cover,but is perfect inside and has some really high quality art.Might put it up on ebay though,along with the figure.

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

Kweh

januarygoodies.jpg

UT3 (finally)
Lego Star Wars
Planet Earth (Amazing)
3:10 to Yuma (Fave film of '07)
Pan's Labyrinth
Blade Runner

...and hopefully Burnout Paradise next week!

LiK

Matrix said:
Just got my replacement Big Daddy figure and artbook in the mail.Big Daddy figure in perfect condition this time,the art book has a crease on the front and back cover,but is perfect inside and has some really high quality art.Might put it up on ebay though,along with the figure.

awesome, i'm waiting for my replacement too. i heard i got another package today when i called home so i hope it arrived today.

btf1980

Iron_Scimitar said:
Invisible Target looks interesting...have you watched it yet?

g35twinturbo said:
How is invisible target

I like it. The Cantonese DTS-MA Audio track is ridiculous though. The LFE is pretty tight. It rocked my sub hard. Jackie Chans kid ain't half bad.

LiK

new arrivals this week.

bds3.jpg

mgsff.jpg

also got (not pictured) black cat comiquette SS exclusive, black canary bust and wonder woman bust ver 2

Oudom

Photo-0086.jpg

I also went to go preorder DMC4 at GS today.
I had to buy BK again because I let my friend borrow it and he never returned it.

Bloody awesome haul Gagaman. <3

jangames3001.jpg

Endless Ocean is AMAZING, holy shit. Oh, Twenty 2 Party = Simple 2000 vol. 18: The Party Sugoroku. INTO THE PILE IT GOES. Also got The Dynastic Hero and Monster Lair on the VC.

Gagaman

Infernal Monkey said:
Oh wow, you found a boxed copy of Streets of Rage 3! That's one of the rarest Mega Drive games out there isn't it? =O

And yes, Endless Ocean has probably been one of my most pleasant surprizes on the Wii so far. A real gem.

ymmv

Banned
marwan said:
just a thought, from all those "show us your gaming goods" threads, have you guys noticed that the majority of people are buying PS3 over 360s?

YAY! :D

Yep, I noticed it too. Lots of Blu-Ray movies as well. It's rare to see HD-DVD cases.

I bought a ps3 for blu ray's and sold all my HD DVD's. I swore off buying movies but as you can see I bought two on BRD already. I couldn't help myself a local place was selling vacancy and HP 5 for 10 each.

LiK

pubba said:
What's in the Family Guy - Blue Harvest box?

3d glasses for a feature in the DVD, trading cards, art, t-shirt. a few other tidbuts but i didn't really check everything yet.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
2199518007_dc4a4f09a0_o.jpg

Found Buttsex Wars II and Naruto at a Rogers that's closing down. $20 each, so not too bad. Yoshi and Cubone are from a neat little shop in Toronto called L&M. It's addicting to browse through their collection of Nintendo brand toys along with horrible knock offs (which I also buy). :D

LiK

ymmv said:
Yep, I noticed it too. Lots of Blu-Ray movies as well. It's rare to see HD-DVD cases.

it's mainly because the amount of guys here who own a PS3 outnumber the guys who own the 360 add-on or a HD-DVD standalone player. i'm one of the few gaffers here who watch both formats and i posted my HD-DVD purchases a few pages back during the bogo sales. i love HD in red and blu. ^^

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
WORLDWIDEWII said:
question: how you play these games/kits? hook them up into a arcade cabinet?

are they ever going to Mushihimesama 2 for console?
I don't have the space for a cabinet unfortunately so I use a supergun.

It's highly unlikely that we'll see any more Cave games on consoles unfortunately, it's just not profitable enough for Cave or a 3rd party to consider doing.

LiK

Geezer said:
I don't have the space for a cabinet unfortunately so I use a supergun.

It's highly unlikely that we'll see any more Cave games on consoles unfortunately, it's just not profitable enough for Cave or a 3rd party to consider doing.

supergun?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
btf1980 said:
I like it. The Cantonese DTS-MA Audio track is ridiculous though. The LFE is pretty tight. It rocked my sub hard. Jackie Chans kid ain't half bad.

I might have to pick this up can you send me those links again for blu ray compatibility? Seems i accidentally deleted them :D

h3ro

Oudom said:
Photo-0087.jpg

My Bioshock figurine finally came in today along with the art book.

Pioneer HTS-GT1 FTW!!!

I just got mine in yesterday and finished installing it... one word: WOWHAWK!!
I don't think I can ever play a game with out Dolby Digital 5.1 or better..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm tired of waiting for the rest of them to arrive so I'll just post whatever I got. I mean, I live like 3 hours from NCS but they are getting stuff to me in 2-3 weeks. I live like 7 timezones away from Play-Asia and they get me stuff in 3 days tops. I ordered these things last year. Doesn't make sense.

Anyway, Star Ocean bundle, Itouch with case, finally found the PH lunchbox kit, ultra rare light blue Pokemon Center GBA, and my favorite of all, the Altair vr.4 KOS-MOS.

purchases.jpg

For some reason, the actual metallic hue doesn't come out great in photos.

IMG_4129.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
yay you got the KOS MOS u were waiting for...

I've been lazy to post any/all pickups I've made... :/

I'll do it at the end of the month...

Darkpen

Banned
IMG_1920a.jpg

These are actually my purchases of December AND January, but seeing as how I never posted in the December pickup thread, I thought I'd drop everything in there.

Basically, yes, I'm also one of those people on GAF that picked up a PS3. I still need to get the Final Fantasy Spirits Within bluray, along with 300 and TMNT. Also still need to pick up Motorstorm and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

While I own DMC 1 and 2, I never picked up 3, and my friend never picked up 1 and 2, but he got 3 SE, and considering that I never payed him back for pizza, I thought I'd give him 1 and 2, brand new as a present :p

Everything that's actually a January pick-up is DMC, Folklore, and Rockband. To be honest, I'm getting some buyer's remorse on Rockband :/

Also, did you know that Disgaea for PSP has been discontinued? D:

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Darkpen said:
Also, did you know that Disgaea for PSP has been discontinued? D:
damn i should buy mine soon

So I ordered a few metal gear games from Konami website, get the package the other day, open it up and it looks like they sent me this:
janumm.jpg

ummm....!

LiK

Corran Horn said:
So I ordered a few metal gear games from Konami website, get the package the other day, open it up and it looks like they sent me this:
janumm.jpg

ummm....!

lol, damn

Top Bottom