• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

LRB1983

Banned
All Bible Black DVDs (not photo because are NSFW XD) and
334unhw.jpg

11qjyvq.jpg

155ghw8.jpg

241pehi.jpg

I don't know if take them off from boxes :S

Polk

S5003325.JPG

(not pictured pad, cables and Command & Conquer game)

S5003323.JPG

S5003327.JPG

After E3, when I knew that MS didn't announce new 360 version or cut price, I've jumped in. Jasper 60GB.

S5003331.JPG

And few games from goozex to play with.

Ramune

zmet said:
The Legendary Starfy and El Viento (used but complete):
jun8.jpg

Very good pick ups, especially El Viento, though I must :lol @ that cover.

FourSerioux said:
All you guys and your Macbooks! I have an old iBook G4 that I've been using since college and I'm waiting until I have enough expendable income to pick up the mid level 15" Macbook Pro. Making me want to pick it up now and put more debt on top of the student loans I'm already paying off... baaad idea.

I'm in the same boat. Though I need the more high-end models for my video editing/comicing hobbies. I have the PowerBook G4 (1.25GHz model), and it's lasted me a good 5 years and counting. Knock on wood I know, and most of it's problems were fixed by Apple at the Genius Bar for free ("battery was on recall, here's a free new one", Diskwarrior used to help fix something on my drive, etc.). Kinda hard to video edit on it now (rendering iDVDs compared to my bro and pop's MacBook Pros are night and day), and even the new iMovie can't run on it. Times are a changin'.

JEKKI said:
I bought a book from Jerome Parish

3160qz8.jpg

and I think I'ma buy Space Harrier from virtua console...

Jerome Parish...did he run a GameBoy fan site back in the day. Sounds familiar...

pancakesandsex said:
DVDs of Much Win!

Some very good ones there. You got some Satoshi Kon & Katsuhiro Otomo there. Is that the Magic Users' Club OVA? Never saw the TV series, but the OVA was definitely :lol worthy.

LRB1983 said:
I don't know if take them off from boxes :S
Take 'em off!

Ok now for what I got (although some of this stuff was from May as well)

CIMG3282.jpg

Vol. 1 of Pluto, Ichiroh!, Yokaiden, Robot & 20th Century Boys. Vol. 2 of Phoenix & Vols. 1-3 of Hardcover BlackJack.

CIMG3288.jpg

Vol. 1 of Dojin Work, Gunsmith Cats, Geijutsuka Art Design Class, Black God & Happy Happy Clover (hey, we like the cute). Vols 2-5 of Et Cetera.

CIMG3289.jpg

Some comic pickups from the Artist Alley at Anime Boston (Life Meter & Sky Pirates (Vol. 1 is coming in the mail since they sold out). Well, Applegeeks came in the mail. Very good bunch of comics from some very cool peeps!

CIMG3293.jpg

More Kenichi Sonoda goodness (missing one more volume though), and one last meal for the aforementioned PowerBook G4. Feels like a new computer with the many advancements to the OS. My Raiho plushie was delivered like that btw.

CIMG3295.jpg

Squirtle plush and a custom made Loco Roco plushie from some girls who sat two tables down from us at the Anime Boston Artist Alley. You can see their work here!

CIMG3298.jpg

And lastly my Chizuru figure came. I posted about her on geek gaf- figure models though.

Edit: Oh yeah, some Icarus Publishing GNs from a RightStuf sale (no pics because NSFW; I mean look at the titles themselves :lol) :
Aqua Bless
Afterschool Sex Slave Club
The Spirit of Capitalism
& Council of Carnality

2il0guw.jpg

Castlevania cart has some problems. Sometimes the GBA doesn't read it. Never happened to me before, and I have about 30-40 GBA games. It doesn't seem like a bootleg, as the box and manual are printed perfectly, and it has "Nintendo" printed on the cart's circuit board. Hmm... anyboy had this happen to them?

Yes Boss!

Cave PS2 Complete!

This one came with a goofy little action figure. :lol

Now on to some of the PCBs. I've become very intrigued/obsessed with this game called Pink Sweets so I'll probably make that my first. Seems like a bit of a bastard game. And not too prohibitive, price-wise.

P1010235.jpg

JEKKI

I was happy coz a package jus came from amazon... I've been waiting all week for my ghostbusters!!!

but it wasnt ghostbusters TT_TT

2v12atx.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
For good ol dad today. Two sets of watches. He's a watch freak. I'll give it to him when we treat him to Red Lobster later tonight.

2dshlat.jpg

One of my projects should be completed today.

Askia47

Here are my pick ups from Japan. Went there for a month and got a crap ton of stuff. Lots Manga, Games, Doujinshi, and even a sick ass Cammy figure. Also picked up some parts for my arcade stick which was pretty kool. Cant wait to get back there. :D

3646827129_eac7aabcf1_o.jpg

Most of the pick up.

3648034181_c8c16fe526_o.jpg

Cammy figure

3648838904_60aaa30c1b_o.jpg

Street Fighter Art Book from the entire history of SF.

3648056273_2549ee8666.jpg

Some Game and Manga pick ups, Kenzan, FFXII International, Sakura Wars 3, Maken Ki, CvS2 and Gran Turismo Concept.

More Games and Doujinshis by Akiman, who did Street Fighter character art. the Doujinshis profile his recent work, which is kinda interesting.
3648838630_e01443855b.jpg

Racing Lagoon by Squaresoft for ps1, a Mine Yoshizaki art book and Fellows! manga monthly magazine.

3648861360_0ce27e1d90.jpg

JEKKI

finally!

2j2xi5k.jpg

too hot to handle, too cold to hold
my name is JEKKI and I'm out of control
I was throwin a party for a bunch of children
when the whole slimer was under the building
so I packed up my sticks, get a grip, came equipped
grabbed my proton pack off my back and then split
found out about Vigo, the master of evil.
try to test with JEKKI?! that's not legal!!!

-PXG-

JEKKI said:
I was happy coz a package jus came from amazon... I've been waiting all week for my ghostbusters!!!

but it wasnt ghostbusters TT_TT

2v12atx.jpg

I almost shat myself when I saw this at work today. I totally forgot it was coming out in the US

So far, here is my haul. I picked up Lips for $30 bucks because I wanted the two wireless microphones for Beatles Rock Band later this year and who would know that this game is actually a hit with the ladies! Got Ghostbusters and got Red Faction on an Amazon.com sale for $40 bucks cause a few other people on my friends list were playing it.

junegames.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
JEKKI said:
finally!

2j2xi5k.jpg

too hot to handle, too cold to hold
my name is JEKKI and I'm out of control
I was throwin a party for a bunch of children
when the whole slimer was under the building
so I packed up my sticks, get a grip, came equipped
grabbed my proton pack off my back and then split
found out about Vigo, the master of evil.
try to test with JEKKI?! that's not legal!!!
:lol

Nice pick up.

MarkusRJR

First time posting in one of these threads. :D

20aw4go.jpg

I got the two Namco bombs. They were $30 Canadian (normally $35 over here) and bought them both. I'm really enjoying Klonoa, and The Munchables is pretty fun too (nothing amazing though).

I spent the money I was gonna use to buy The Conduit on these. :(

NOTE: The Wii isn't new, but it's my new replacement Wii I got from Nintendo (it cost me $85 for repairs).

I also bought the Gamecube version of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat but it's not pictured. :(

Chorazin

3648576487_a80a0ce388.jpg

Got it on Friday, 16 gig version. I never had more then 5 or 6 gigs on my 3G at a time, no reason to go bigger. Love it SO MUCH. The 3G S hardware + the 3.0 software finally makes the iPhone feel complete.

fernoca

By the end of June, I'll have:
(All Xbox 360, all new got most late May)

$5 - $10
  • Lips [with 2 mics]
  • Too Human
  • Scene it! Box Office Smash [with 4 controllers]
  • Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
  • Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
  • Fable II
  • Virtua Fighter 5 Online
  • Wall-e
  • Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
  • Stranglehold
  • The Simpsons Game
  • Enemy Territory Quake Wars
  • Lost Oddysey
  • Ninja Gaiden II
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Gears of War 2
  • Halo 3
  • Dragonball Z: Burst Limit
  • Guitar Hero Les Paul Wireless Guitar

$15 - $20
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and the Damned [DLC]
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
  • Soulcalibur IV [and Darth Vader DLC]
  • Blue Dragon

$30 - $40
  • Rock Band 2
  • Microsoft Wireless Steering Wheel for Xbox 360

$60
  • Prototype

Have Street Fighter IV, Sonic Unleashed and The Club on the way, all new for $60 combined...and the Les Paul guitar was actually the one from the Aerosmith bundle with the game (new) for $8..but I already owned/played the game, so traded it..got $5 for it..so basically paid $3 for the guitar.

IMG_1212.jpg

InFAMOUS and Punch-Out!! are technically from May, but they're good enough to toss in the June thread, I figured. Zelda: PH was a b-day gift from the fiance, and in fact I just beat it today and enjoyed it thoroughly. Currently making my way through Ghostbusters and having loads of fun with it, though flawed it may be. And Hordak is the June figure from MOTU Classics.

IMG_3526.jpg

I keep buying hoping that they'll start making good episodes again.

Family Guy hasn't been great since its first three seasons. The Simpsons didn't start getting real crummy until their tenth season, so what the heck? =(

No more slim dvd cases for Family Guy or American Dad it would seem, huh.

N-Bomb

Thought I'd chime in on these posts for the first time.

newhotness.jpg

Man does this thing go like stink, they didn't have the colour I wanted though. :( It stands out a bit too much, don't you think?

Also I was given a set of hand-me-down wrenches for father's day.

oldwrenches.jpg

The problem is that... I'm never going to be able to use these with the new car, I should probably just take it in to get service done professionally. At least the holder thing kinda matches the colour of the car, right?

What do you guys think?

-PXG-

@ N-bomb

If that truly is your car, why are you wasting your time on GAF? With money like that you should be traveling the world, doing crazy shit, not talking to us. :lol

N-Bomb

-PXG- said:
@ N-bomb

If that truly is your car, why are you wasting your time on GAF? With money like that you should be traveling the world, doing crazy shit, not talking to us. :lol

We all do different things to relax, right? I prefer this to WoW or being in the office all day or something, anyway. I mean, I don't post alot, but I do like to read the board.

-PXG-

N-Bomb said:
We all do different things to relax, right? I prefer this to WoW or being in the office all day or something, anyway. I mean, I don't post alot, but I do like to read the board.

Just saying...If you can afford a Lambo, surely that means you have a lot of cash. Hell, I would be in my jet flying all around the world and seeing as much shit and doing as much as possible. Sure, I'd still play games, but not be stuck some where posting on a forum. :lol

N-Bomb said:
Thought I'd chime in on these posts for the first time.

newhotness.jpg

Man does this thing go like stink, they didn't have the colour I wanted though. :( It stands out a bit too much, don't you think?

Also I was given a set of hand-me-down wrenches for father's day.

oldwrenches.jpg

The problem is that... I'm never going to be able to use these with the new car, I should probably just take it in to get service done professionally. At least the holder thing kinda matches the colour of the car, right?

What do you guys think?

I didn't realize older people were so much into games and still make tons of money. Hire me at your company at an entry level position please...one where I make more money then my current job...;-;

Madds

OldJadedGamer said:
So far, here is my haul. I picked up Lips for $30 bucks because I wanted the two wireless microphones for Beatles Rock Band later this year and who would know that this game is actually a hit with the ladies! Got Ghostbusters and got Red Faction on an Amazon.com sale for $40 bucks cause a few other people on my friends list were playing it.

junegames.jpg

I picked up Lips too! Target had it for $25 on clearance. I picked it up to use the mics with other music games as well, but the wife LOVES IT. The song selection isn't as robust as Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but its still pretty fun.

Mics don't work with any of the existing music games, but support is supposedly coming for Rock Band 2 and future releases like Beatles RB and GH5.

Sadist

Decided to do it:

w2d5pl.jpg

GH Metallica has one heck of a song selection. Like it. GH:WT has some weird choices though, god I hate Tokyo Hotel.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
The colour of that Lambo is just ghastly, granted you want to be noticed in it but people are just going to be thinking "loverly car but shame about the colour".

Anyway enjoy, I'm sure you'll be taking it to the track now and again ?

Gagaman

2mzzi9h.jpg

Dux (new Dreamcast Indie game)
Minon Everyday Hero (coming out in America as Domino Rally)

29ne99e.jpg

Some Saturn goodness (Chatting Parodius and Waku Waku 7)
and I game I bought for it's wacky title alone:
Sengoku Tub Fanfan I <3 me Dunce-doubletendre :lol

eXistor

Bunch of perler beads to make videogame sprites. Also note the little toy flute (got it for my nephew). It's just Bart Simpson with different hair and such.

Also Ghostbusters!
154vvk9.jpg

And here is my first perler beads creation. Just as a test to see if the ironing on would work out. It kinda did, though it's not perfect. Not sure if the pic works, Tinypic has been giving me some problems lately.

34zk37s.jpg

Also got The Nightmare Before Christmas on Blu-ray and FFVII on PSN.

Top Bottom