• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Flek said:
3653269181_dd81f842e6_o.jpg

This is my favorite picture so far here.

Bit late with some of this stuff, been hoarding ready for a megapost :p

june09b.jpg

Wooo~~~ New laptop to replace dead PC, and new camera so I can take cleaner, nicer holiday photos and stuff.

june09a.jpg

june09c.jpg

Loads of DVDs and Blu-rays, plus Star Ocean 4's gorgeous box set.

adg1034

Gentlemen and gentlemen of GAF, I humbly present to you a polystone rendition of everyone's favorite calculative six-foot dog and hyperkinetic rabbity thing:
Mssrs. Samuel & Maxwell, Esqs., Independent Constabulary.

2dc7ris.jpg

2i0yq1w.jpg

1239sfa.jpg

11hcr48.jpg

24gkqcm.jpg

2u6nzba.jpg

106hkid.jpg

29443zd.jpg

(I also picked this up- great soundtrack...)

259hbus.jpg

Ruprit

I haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought I would show my favorite pickups since January.

My first record player.

IMG_0240.JPG

My first replacement cartridge, after breaking the first one by improperly removing the stylus cover.

IMG_0238.JPG

After realizing that my reciever cannot process phono voltage, I had to buy a phone amp. So my first phono amp.

IMG_0255.JPG

And some records.

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

N-Bomb

Overture said:
My thinkpad is around 6 years old, been dropped several times and travelled around the world with me. High quality - definitely. (it's an IBM not a Lenovo, although pretty much the same thing)

+1, I had a T40 for like 4 years, and it was rock solid all the way till I sold it. Bit slow, but who cares.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
plays like the full game or?

Not sure, this is actually my first sims game but it plays well, you can make and name your own sim and take him around the town and do activities.

I'll let you play it tomorrow, if you want.

HUELEN10

dcaf9ca4.jpg

a6a0c365.jpg

a5b64148.jpg

6e0ad15d.jpg

A little over an hour to make, but it was worth it. A Cobalt & BACKLIT GBA SP is something I have wanted for years, but have never gotten around to it. Playing GB/GBC games on this is a dream! Now I need to get a headphone adapter and a case, and I am set! Had to solder a few new clickers, but nothing serious.

Also got the HDTV of my dreams, but no pics of that as it needs to be tuned up and is part of an entire gaming hub that I am building that is not done yet...

Wish me luck though!

Truespeed

N-Bomb said:
Thought I'd chime in on these posts for the first time.

newhotness.jpg

Man does this thing go like stink, they didn't have the colour I wanted though. :( It stands out a bit too much, don't you think?

What do you guys think?

Hmm, (looks at supporting images Link), something's not quite right here...

Yes Boss!

Got a 29" tri-mode arcade monitor. It is for my forthcoming cabinet that arrives mid next month. Not much to hook up to it since I've not yet done the PS2 cable hack. But I did try my DC since that is plug-and-play.

P1010289.jpg

P1010282.jpg

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
YB! what's the stick tally up to now?

Not sure. Maybe twenty after Neo Geo and KoF next month. I'm collecting from the VSHG and on (since I got my first stick for VF5...unfortunate decision to go with a HRAP at the time, tsk). Big, big heavy heart since I've not got the new RAP-SE :-(

Gotta say that though the BB stick is wonky for mod, it really is a nice little one for the game! Any thought on what type/color buttons I should throw into it? Not adverse to changing the balltop as well.

Yes Boss! said:
Not sure. Maybe twenty after Neo Geo and KoF next month. I'm collecting from the VSHG and on (since I got my first stick for VF5...unfortunate decision to go with a HRAP at the time, tsk). Big, big heavy heart since I've not got the new RAP-SE :-(

Gotta say that though the BB stick is wonky for mod, it really is a nice little one for the game! Any thought on what type/color buttons I should throw into it? Not adverse to changing the balltop as well.
congrats
HRAP over VSHG is no big deal. Plus the 1st wave was defective anyway.
Sanwa Dark Blue should match the balltop and accent the base well.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Yes Boss! said:
Got a 29" tri-mode arcade monitor. It is for my forthcoming cabinet that arrives mid next month. Not much to hook up to it since I've not yet done the PS2 cable hack. But I did try my DC since that is plug-and-play.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1010289.jpg

[IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1010282.jpg[/QUOTE]

Border Down! What cab are you getting?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
3657768120_0edee6f34b_b.jpg

3656974733_07ec89b77e_b.jpg

3656973951_e11021c961_b.jpg

Got mine too... need to unbox the 360 one but its an EX2 so I just tossed it aside :lol

Yes Boss! I'd suggest using Seimitsu blue with clear plunger and bubbletop.

robot

Yes Boss! said:
An old New Astro City. This big bad-ass monitor is replacing the old work-horse in it.

As a new astro city owner I can say you made an awesome choice. What do you plan on putting in there? Got a link to that monitor (in case mine ever dies)?

Yes Boss!

robot said:
As a new astro city owner I can say you made an awesome choice. What do you plan on putting in there? Got a link to that monitor (in case mine ever dies)?

PS2 Cave Collection, DC Vertical shooters (so no Mars Matrix until I get a second horizantal cab). And I'm gonna buy a Cave PCB for a start...likely Pink Sweets. This monitor is analog and not good for Mame since it won't remember your settings...at least from what I gather online. Not using it for Mame so no biggie. It is a beast of a monitor and made in Canada by Nieman Displays. The tube itself is French from Philips. I bought it from Amusements Plus in NY. Though there is also a distributor in a few other states. This seemed like the best CRT I could find in NA...did not want to go with WG or Billabs or the other variations.

yamo

N-Bomb said:

newhotness.jpg

Man does this thing go like stink, they didn't have the colour I wanted though. :( It stands out a bit too much, don't you think?

Who the fuck pays that ammount of money for a car and then not even getting it in the colour they want. :lol

If I'd buy that kind of car I would rather wait for a while to find the object with exactly the equipment and colour I want. I would have gone with black/white/red myself, classic colours that never go out of fashion.

Zertez

N-Bomb said:

newhotness.jpg

Also I was given a set of hand-me-down wrenches for father's day.
How quickly have you drained a full tank of gas.?

LiK

Yes Boss! said:

P1010289.jpg

P1010282.jpg

sexy, how much did that cost?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
3658482810_45f068f018.jpg

Blaz Blue (360) w/bonus Drama CD
Revoltech NR-03 Queen's Blade Leina Action Figure
Garou MOW (XBLA, not pictured)

Might go pick up DW6 Empires today or tomorrow, too.

Amory

Rather expensive month, and I haven't even bought much...

Macbook Pro 15 inch
Prison Break season 2
16 GB iPod Touch
Flower, Sun, and Rain (DS)

IMG_0135.jpg

Edit: Picked up a blue DSi today. Got Wario Ware Snapped for it on DSiWare. Fun little game, if a little gimmicky.

photo-1.jpg

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
sexy, how much did that cost?

$594 delivered. It would have been about $50 more if I had it sent to my house, so I had it sent to my mom's engineering firm in Irvine and just went and picked it up...fit OK in the backseat of my car.

I've not even played around with it yet but I can tell it is pretty sweet. Gonna tidy up my game room, put on a table for now, and play some dreamcast shooters for the next few weeks like that till the cabinet shell gets here. Fun times!

Gotta say, it is nice to have a CRT-type tube for gaming back in the house...really miss my Wega from way back then. My HDTVs absolutely blow for SD stuff.

N-Bomb

lilljolle said:
Who the fuck pays that ammount of money for a car and then not even getting it in the colour they want. :lol

If I'd buy that kind of car I would rather wait for a while to find the object with exactly the equipment and colour I want. I would have gone with black/white/red myself, classic colours that never go out of fashion.

Normally I'd agree with you, but it had every other option I wanted, and it was the last one they had. I'd have had to be 2 months on the waiting list otherwise. I admit it's a bit garish, but I didn't really get it for the colour.

To the dude about gas mileage, I have a short commute to work, and I don't really drive it every day, so I dunno if the number would have any meaning :s

Edit - I forgot to mention, the colours available on wait were white, yellow, orange, and two shades of grey. Unfortunately, they don't offer those classic colours on everything :(

Ruprit

N-Bomb said:
Normally I'd agree with you, but it had every other option I wanted, and it was the last one they had. I'd have had to be 2 months on the waiting list otherwise. I admit it's a bit garish, but I didn't really get it for the colour.

To the dude about gas mileage, I have a short commute to work, and I don't really drive it every day, so I dunno if the number would have any meaning :s

Edit - I forgot to mention, the colours available on wait were white, yellow, orange, and two shades of grey. Unfortunately, they don't offer those classic colours on everything :(

Yellow or the green you have are the typical Lambo colors. Fun fact about Lamborghini, the car isn't painted with paint, it is actually color that they have added to the carbon fiber.

Great looking car by the way.

XCell9200 said:
Rather expensive month, and I haven't even bought much...

Macbook Pro 15 inch
Prison Break season 2
16 GB iPod Touch
Flower, Sun, and Rain (DS)

IMG_0135.jpg

Man I can't wait to finally nab one of those myself, I'm still stuck on an old iBook G4 from school. I'm looking at the mid level 15" Pro, but probably won't actually be able to afford one until August or September.

Smokey

N-Bomb said:

White Lambo w/ nice black rims = drooooooooooll

Top Bottom