• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

TomServo

ZROCOOL said:
Thank you sir! :D

I couldn't pass up the price.

I sold my '02 Z28 last year (before the economy took a dump) for $12K.

Friend of mine whose car was on the cover of GMHTP keeps telling me to get back in, said fourth gens are practically being given away.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Chorazin said:
3648576487_a80a0ce388.jpg

Got it on Friday, 16 gig version. I never had more then 5 or 6 gigs on my 3G at a time, no reason to go bigger. Love it SO MUCH. The 3G S hardware + the 3.0 software finally makes the iPhone feel complete.

Awe, I see you got it finally, sweet.

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
So, what are your initial imressions of DUX? I'm still waiting on mine from play-asia.
I haven't really had much time to play it yet, it has nice graphics and great music, but I get the feeling I'm going to be crap at it just like Last Hope which kicked my arse sideways and back. You can change the detail in the background so the bullets are easier to se, including an option for no background at all. It's pretty bare bones with just the arcade mode and some options but hey ho.

Yes Boss!

Gagaman said:
I haven't really had much time to play it yet, it has nice graphics and great music, but I get the feeling I'm going to be crap at it just like Last Hope which kicked my arse sideways and back. You can change the detail in the background so the bullets are easier to se, including an option for no background at all. It's pretty bare bones with just the arcade mode and some options but hey ho.

Cool, not expecting much. But yeah, whatever, I'm happy to support it.

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
Cool, not expecting much. But yeah, whatever, I'm happy to support it.
Yeah, it pretty much feels like a sequel to Last Hope in many respects, but it really does looks spiffy on a big telly with VGA input.

Mr Jared

Wow, I don't think I've bought any games this month, but it's been very top heavy :lol Here's what got on Friday-Saturday.

9r27a9.jpg

iPhone 3GS, picture taken with my original launch iPhone.

And on Saturday, a Taito Egret II. My first cab!

3649158971_c0881c9788.jpg

There's a lot of work to do on the panel, but other than that it's in great shape. We just moved in to this place last week, so it was best that I got it now while some areas are still a bit bare. I should have this thing up and running with games in roughly a month or less.

Yes Boss!

Gagaman said:
Yeah, it pretty much feels like a sequel to Last Hope in many respects, but it really does looks spiffy on a big telly with VGA input.

Never got to play Last Hope...but I've got Pink Bullets coming in next month. I support these European shooters. I think it is neat what they are doing.

Ovid

N-Bomb said:
Thought I'd chime in on these posts for the first time.

newhotness.jpg

Man does this thing go like stink, they didn't have the colour I wanted though. :( It stands out a bit too much, don't you think?
You have got to be kidding me. Awesome. I will get that car one day.

Gagaman

Yes Boss! said:
Never got to play Last Hope...but I've got Pink Bullets coming in next month. I support these European shooters. I think it is neat what they are doing.
probably gonna sell my copy of Last Hope to make up for also pre ordering Pink Bullets, i don't need the same game twice and if the new one is easier as they say, I might actually get somewhere in it! :lol

b.e.r.g

Entered my HL1 key on Steam like that other bloke from earlier! Gave me a bunch of free games, including both expansions :D

Yes Boss!

Mr Jared said:
3649158971_c0881c9788.jpg

There's a lot of work to do on the panel, but other than that it's in great shape. We just moved in to this place last week, so it was best that I got it now while some areas are still a bit bare. I should have this thing up and running with games in roughly a month or less.

You win the thread this month!

adg1034

WARNING: Massive post incoming. 56k users, by continuing past this point, you relinquish your right to complain about anything ever again.

Okay. So, from January to the beginning of June, I was on study abroad in Edinburgh, Scotland. I've posted most everything I picked up over in the UK, but what I haven't been able to share until now are the things that arrived for me at my place in the States while I was gone. Enjoy.

jzb3ww.jpg

A rather unassuming little pile, with more Media Mail envelopes than I care to admit.

1zc00bc.jpg

An envelope from Telltale Games! I wonder what could be inside...

149tb9i.jpg

Oh, yes. One of my favorite pickups overall.

2lw1v95.jpg

A promotional EP I got for ordering Dark Was The Night- an awesome, original compilation that has its own NeoGAF thread.

2mnkbiq.jpg

Gladly doin' my part for the Wii. Great little game.

xp8xad.jpg

The box is a bit torn up, but I got this for ~$15 off eBay. Such a cool set.

a9qp0n.jpg

im2utd.jpg

2133o8z.jpg

671tap.jpg

Ah, yes. I ordered the Battlestar Sonatica piano score and the signed Pushing Daisies soundtrack, but I guess they just decided to throw in the Hulk score as well. Too bad it's not the Lonely Man Theme.

1zd23kl.jpg

The many comestibles I brought home from ol' Blighty. Too bad most of these are designated as gifts for the family. Mmm, McVitie's...

16lldnm.jpg

Self-explanatory.

300bt7d.jpg

This was disappointing. Another eBay pickup, one on which I had no choice but to give positive feedback, sight unseen. Hey, people are inherently good, right? Not so. The cover, inserts, and disc labels all obviously came off an inkjet printer. I paid 5 bucks for a burned copy of Outlaws. Dirty eBay selling bastards...

2s84n5s.jpg

Mmm, licensed games...

148j19s.jpg

Oh, yeah.

258yseu.jpg

Used from EB.

2whlfls.jpg

This is so cool. Most of you guys would probably know Don Hertzfeldt's work best from his Oscar-nominated short Rejected. The first DVD goes up through 2005, and the second is devoted to his "Everything Will Be OK." A true genius in animation. You guys should check it out.

10qi4h1.jpg

I gave my first copy to my brother as a last-minute Christmas gift.

2vkggms.jpg

EXCITE

s0vsl3.jpg

Well, what could this be...?

2hp813o.jpg

SOUNDTRACKS! And one of them's signed! Happy day!

vew6fl.jpg

Bought from another GAFfer (though I might have to cut my losses and buy Pikmin 2 again when it comes out as a Wii re-release).

2ni8aao.jpg

Looks absolutely amazing on PC. God, such a great game. Also, Shakespeare. Hilarious Shakespeare, no less.

2eam4y1.jpg

$8 shipped from Buy.com. Haven't gotten around to it yet. Should I?

rvbvy1.jpg

This is just amazing. A double album full of new tracks from some absolutely spectacular artists, with proceeds going to support a worthy cause. God, I love music.

2ex30up.jpg

I now know the true story behind the Noodle Incident. Fear me.

5yrpt1.jpg

"I said, Lady L, let your soul be free/You closed your eyes/And you wouldn’t see, girl/The only one who could/Ease your pain was me"

3481543.jpg

Reminds me of Metroid Prime Hunters so far, and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.

2cy4eab.jpg

Local music from another awesome band.

--
I've got a couple more things to put up in the next couple days, but all in all, I'd call this a productive few months. Anyway.

adg1034

Blu_LED said:
Why is the UMD in that case?

What? That's just the UMD. There's no case. I just took the picture really close-up.

EDIT: Oh, I see. No clue. I guess EB had to replace a cracked one or something.

adg1034 said:
What? That's just the UMD. There's no case. I just took the picture really close-up.
No I mean, look at the case around the disc. Its different then normal UMD's. Normal UMD's have the white case that says PSP on it. This one is like see through.

Sony%20PSP%20UMD%20Game%20-%20Star%20Wars%20BattleFront%202%20-%20Region%202%20-%203.jpg

Mr Jared

Yes Boss! said:
I think it looks pretty damn nice just as a piece of furniture!

True. I keep walking into the room, pointing at it and shouting "SO AWESOME!" :lol

I just started blogging about it, and I plan to have it up and running in about a month. I'll post updates to the stick thread :)

Yes Boss!

Mr Jared said:
True. I keep walking into the room, pointing at it and shouting "SO AWESOME!" :lol

I just started blogging about it, and I plan to have it up and running in about a month. I'll post updates to the stick thread :)

Yes please! Hopefully we can get a cabinet thread started (or find the old one, if it exsists). Definitely interested in the Egret 2, might get one next year. My monitor arrived today and I've gotta go pick it up.

Oh yeah, my Seimitsu stick just came in for my Death Smiles EX. Now I can finally complete it. I picked a blue top because, well, I had to pick something...it will just go with all the other extra ones I've collected in a jar.

P1010245.jpg

N-Bomb said:
Thought I'd chime in on these posts for the first time.

newhotness.jpg

Man does this thing go like stink, they didn't have the colour I wanted though. :( It stands out a bit too much, don't you think?

Id say. I certainly did a double take when i saw it on Yonge today. I dont know if it was your car or some one else's. But it certainly stands out, and not only because its a great car compared to most of what was on the road.

N-Bomb

MidnightScott said:
I didn't realize older people were so much into games and still make tons of money. Hire me at your company at an entry level position please...one where I make more money then my current job...;-;

Man, I've been playing games all my life, no way I'd quit now. Sometimes it's just hard to find the time is all. :)

N-Bomb

lowrider007 said:
The colour of that Lambo is just ghastly, granted you want to be noticed in it but people are just going to be thinking "loverly car but shame about the colour".

Anyway enjoy, I'm sure you'll be taking it to the track now and again ?

God, it is, isn't it? You know what, I'm not in a rush right now, but I might get it resprayed gunmetal next spring.

As to the track... mad respect to the guys who don't mind thrashing their car like that, but no, I spent way too much on this to take it to track days. I'd prefer something with alot cheaper of an insurance premium to do that with :)

sikkinixx

N-Bomb said:
God, it is, isn't it? You know what, I'm not in a rush right now, but I might get it resprayed gunmetal next spring.

As to the track... mad respect to the guys who don't mind thrashing their car like that, but no, I spent way too much on this to take it to track days. I'd prefer something with alot cheaper of an insurance premium to do that with :)

If you don't like the colour, I'll gladly take it off your hands... I have.... *counts life savings* $7.43... obo. :D

Machine

Just after seeing that beautiful arcade cabinet, I was browsing my local Craigslist and came across this listing:

Up for sale is a used SEGA Virtual On: Cyber Troopers Arcade Game. This is a two player, double sit-down game where each player controls robot mechs. One or two players operate linked sit-down units, controlling one of eight robots in arena combat. Twin joystick control for each player with fire button mounted on top and trigger buttons on bottom. This game is in beautiful shape monitors work great and sound from both machines is crisp and clear. Can be adjusted for coin operation or free play. Pickup Only. $500.00.

If only I had an extra $500 laying around! Of all the times to be short on cash :(

Yes Boss!

Strider2K99 said:
Star Soldier Collection?

This is the first one to come out on the PSP and is like the Gamecube version. I kinda got it for novelty because it has a tate mode in which you hold your PSP lenghtwise...not really practical, but goofy!

P1010248.jpg

purg3

slept with Malkin
2yvutlz.jpg

16GB 3GS-upgraded from OG iphone and new case + (Flight Control not pictured)

2aheg47.jpg

Scene It($19.99 clearance at Target), Point Lookout DLC too bad code didn't work early, and SCF patch for my jersey.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Saterium said:
What case is that? Looks pretty slick

It's just a standard gel case/cover I got at the AT&T stand when I picked my phone up. I like it because it doesn't add much bulk to the phone. I went caseless on my previous iphone and it got scratched the fuck up, so taking no chances with this one.

Grecco

purg3 said:
It's just a standard gel case/cover I got at the AT&T stand when I picked my phone up. I like it because it doesn't add much bulk to the phone. I went caseless on my previous iphone and it got scratched the fuck up, so taking no chances with this one.

Are you using the screen protector as well?

LiK

N-Bomb said:
Big ups for these! That was a cool little short.

yea, too bad this character/series never got bigger. glad to know one more guy here knows about it. ;) i'm still looking for the 1:1 scale doll. it's pretty badass.

btw, also got a second SFIV TE Fight Stick today (no pic, it's been posted to death). Capcom shipped out another one. i had forgotten my preorder from January was still alive. :lol

Enron

Banned
LiK said:
yea, too bad this character/series never got bigger. glad to know one more guy here knows about it. ;) i'm still looking for the 1:1 scale doll. it's pretty badass.

btw, also got a second SFIV TE Fight Stick today (no pic, it's been posted to death). Capcom shipped out another one. i had forgotten my preorder from January was still alive. :lol

Make that 3, hoi hoi san rules

Proc

Just got these in the mail. This will be my first time seeing them and have been meaning to since my high school years :lol This whole tour caught me by surprise. Luckily a random woman told me about this upcoming tour on the bus ride home from a nine inch nails show. I've seen APC and that concert was amazing (Thirteenth Step tour with Iha and Twiggy). I couldn't be more excited to see Tool play a live show.

3653302872_c1e94d4ab2.jpg

vgamer1

Just picked up my new gaming notebook, the Lenovo Ideapad Y730!

This thing is pretty awesome, and runs most of my games perfectly... and on a gorgeous 17" 1900x1200 screen to boot!

hukqo5.jpg

jjuu15.jpg

2qdvlat.jpg

Trevelyan

Banned
mochuuu said:
*Final Fantasy Symphony ticket*
Waited for this for the past.. oh..15 years.

I just received mine as well. Can't wait for the 18th to come around. We should have a GAF meet-up if anymore of us are going.

-PXG-

vgamer1 said:
Just picked up my new gaming notebook, the Lenovo Ideapad Y730!

This thing is pretty awesome, and runs most of my games perfectly... and on a gorgeous 17" 1900x1200 screen to boot!

hukqo5.jpg

jjuu15.jpg

2qdvlat.jpg

Lenovo makes the best laptops. Low price, high quality. Congrats on joining the club :D

Overture

Neo Member
ElyrionX said:
Uhh no. I use one for work and it's a piece of shit.

My thinkpad is around 6 years old, been dropped several times and travelled around the world with me. High quality - definitely. (it's an IBM not a Lenovo, although pretty much the same thing)

Top Bottom