• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

N-Bomb said:
Normally I'd agree with you, but it had every other option I wanted, and it was the last one they had. I'd have had to be 2 months on the waiting list otherwise. I admit it's a bit garish, but I didn't really get it for the colour.

To the dude about gas mileage, I have a short commute to work, and I don't really drive it every day, so I dunno if the number would have any meaning :s

Edit - I forgot to mention, the colours available on wait were white, yellow, orange, and two shades of grey. Unfortunately, they don't offer those classic colours on everything :(

what is it you do for a living that you can make the DRASTIC jump from a oh so common Celica to a fucking Lamborghini?

I almost looked through the thread too. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

--

@MrJared - Your cab, where did you find that? How is the monitor on it? I'm so tempted to by a candy cab or something but I fear it might be an investment I'm not ready for. Gotta research more.

DatEdit: NVM saw your blog.

Neo Samus

My first time posting in a pick-up thread so I included my April, May and June pick-ups if that's ok

First my April

JunePick-up006.jpg

EXCITE!!!

and in this pick May and June combined
JunePick-up002.jpg

May games, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and Punch-Out!!
June Stuff; 2 WM+, Tiger Woods 10 WM+ Bundle and Klonoa.

I'm planing on getting the Conduit sometime this week or next, whenever I have a chance to go pick it up.

Fake edit: I forgot in April I bought Rhythm Heaven, awesome game!

N-Bomb

Outcast2004 said:
what is it you do for a living that you can make the DRASTIC jump from a oh so common Celica to a fucking Lamborghini?

@ Ruprit - Thanks bro.

@ Smokey - not a fan of white cars, really.

@ Outcast, I became a partner in the company I work for just before we hit a couple huge contracts. The rest of the money is going into saving for a house.

@Android18a - hah, I just happened to pick that up too. Really enjoying it so far, although it's annoying me that I can't get back to the first continent yet D:

Yes Boss! said:
So JEALOUS that you guys get Resort so early. Guaranteed to be my GOTY.

Check out the videos on gamersyde.com I've just uploaded a new video with Tom Cruize in a canoe, Michael jackson riding a bike and Bill gates sky diving! :D

Yes Boss!

DJmizuhara said:
Check out the videos on gamersyde.com I've just uploaded a new video with Tom Cruize in a canoe, Michael jackson riding a bike and Bill gates sky diving! :D

Indeed! I've just been watching those. Thanks for posting! For the total Nintendo fan this game is like the game of the generation. Can't wait!

(oh yeah, nice Blazblue pick-up as well)

.hacked

10r22hx.jpg

made it almost a week, 3 iphone 3G in my house hold so 3 iPhone 3GS on order :D

time ebay my old 3G

edit:

nice car N-Bomb, insurance has to be killer unless your insuring it as a classic (i.e not driving it). My soon to be uncle in law just got a 1995 Ferrari F50 at an auto auction last month, we saw lot of lambos there. It is a striking color but fits such a beautiful car.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
TomServo said:
I sold my '02 Z28 last year (before the economy took a dump) for $12K.

Friend of mine whose car was on the cover of GMHTP keeps telling me to get back in, said fourth gens are practically being given away.

Well your friend is right, you can look around ls1 tech or craiglist for cheap prices.

My 99 SS was around 6k.

.hacked

Yes Boss! said:
:lol I'm holding strong. When I finally do break it is the 32GB White that I'm going for.

that video of the AotS guys catching Lohan showing up late to the transformers 2 premier is what did it for me. I would so use that video feature all the time.

Feindflug

2el8a4x.jpg

This baby arrived two days ago, I'm getting used to it somehow but I still need a lot of practice. :p

Also got a 4200 points card today (via e-mail) from ebay, haven't decide where to spend the points yet - maybe I'll get Burnout's Island.

eXistor

Monster Hunter 4-player demo (I think, there's 4 umd's in the case).
Ghostbusters Sound-Keychain.
xoqkb5.jpg

Another Code
Ness cap + Fangamer thank-you note.
Golden Axe III Asian Version

DSC00301.jpg

dorkimoe

Yes Boss! said:
:lol I'm holding strong. When I finally do break it is the 32GB White that I'm going for.
if you have a 3g already just keep it. Im not to happy with my 3gs (other than video)

grap3fruitman said:
Also got this handy-dandy rock:
IMG_3178.jpg

Someone thought it would be a good idea to throw that thing off an overpass on 290W in Chicago at on-coming traffic. Guess whose windshield it went through: my mom's. Yeah...

That is an unwanted pick-up. Sorry to hear that man.

250609_Kokonoe2.jpg

Kokonoe Rin Nendoroid. Had it a few weeks actually, but I don't think I showed it, plus wanted an excuse to play with my new camera.

dralla

wow, I think my brand new wii is broken. the cursor is spazzing out on the dashboard and eventually dissapeared

DaFish

dralla said:
wow, I think my brand new wii is broken. the cursor is spazzing out on the dashboard and eventually dissapeared

standing too far?

The orange light is stand by/Wii 24 channel thingy

Ecto311

dralla said:

Go into the settings for the controller and change mess around with the sensitivity of the remotes. That helped me.

cjdunn

Really liked Larry Gonick's "Cartoon History of the Universe" books and discovered he made all these.
jun0109.jpg

HAWX for $30 from the Amazon deal of the day.
jun0209.jpg

jun0309.jpg

jun0409.jpg

jun0509.jpg

jun0609.jpg

jun0709.jpg

jun0809.jpg

TheSailerman

Neo Member
First time posting in one of these topics!

S8001007.jpg

Finally went out and got a frame for the iPhone NYC map print I got at the West 14th Street Apple Store opening last year!

S8001010.jpg

Got Scourge: Hive as a late b-day gift from a friend, though I haven't had time to play it yet.

The Union Square Virgin Megastore has closed, but I was able to take advantage of their awesome clearance deals, and bought a few CDs at 70% off!
(In order, from top left to bottom right):
- Bell X1 - "Blue Lights on the Runway"
- Snow Patrol - "Final Straw"
- Bang Camaro - "Bang Camaro II"
- Foo Fighters - "Skin & Bones"
- Thenewno2 - "You Are Here"
- Snow Patrol - "A Hundred Million Suns" (Deluxe edition with bonus DVD!)

And last, the manual for my new 120GB hard drive I bought on clearance at Sears for $120, so I could download Broken Steel and The Pitt (purchased in May) without deleting any of my Rock Band songs.

XboxMktplaceJune.jpg

And my Xbox Live Marketplace downloads for the month.
- Castle Crashers has been an amazing co-op experience with my friends - It even holds the interest of my buddy with the attention span of a 5 year old.
- The Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 was another Virgin Megastore clearance purchase - $9 for 10 tracks I didn't have. :D

photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

Edit: Forgot about my iPhone games!
- Assassin's Creed is surprisingly good. Though the touch screen joystick can be difficult to use.
- Mass Effect Galaxy... Well, it was okay. The gameplay was nothing great, though if you're hyped for ME2, it's worth playing through.
- Ah, Peggle. Just as addictive as everyone says it is, and I only had to pay $1.

I'm considering picking up Tiger Woods & Wii M+, though I'm hesitant to buy any more games since I've still got a ton in the backlog, and I'm going to be studying abroad in London from September to December.

Top Bottom