• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
I was drunk when I bought these
nucomics.jpg

I think I did pretty good though.

SaitoH

june961.jpg

Though I had pretty much gotten rid of all my toys, I was in Akihabara and ended up nabbing two Haruhi's. I haven't built a model in years, so I couldn't help myself. Got Darkness and Stranglehold from EB for $20.00 and finally picked up a copy of Pan's Labyrinth Blu-ray. Such a good film.

A bunch of recently bought stuff:

2601934068_1ed5d6bbf0_b.jpg

Etrian Odyssey II, Guitar Hero for DS w/ Headphones.

2601108659_a36a69770f_b.jpg

Risk GODSTORM!

2601110873_839bd28a99_b.jpg

250GB Western Digital External.

2601941242_f8719b03b0_b.jpg

Battle Skipper Movie, and Wii Fit Rechargeble Battery.

2601115821_39dd580416_b.jpg

Terminator 2, and Resident Evil: Extinction Blu-rays.

2601946086_55131b1ccc_b.jpg

Boogeyman, and Hollow Man UMDs.

2601948742_fa978f3793_b.jpg

Deuce Bigalow, and Godzilla UMDs.

2601932006_226cd02d31_b.jpg

And finally, a Component Cable System Selector.

NameGenerated said:
Risk GODSTORM?!

I must find out more!

Its by the same guys that made 2210, so its five years (or five epochs in this case). And then you have gods as leaders each with their own bonuses in play.

Instead of a moon, it has a heaven and the underworld. Armies that die on earth go to heaven as reserves to attack territories in the underworld. You can fight over crypts that allow armies to come back to earth at temples you control, or altars that give bonuses to Godswars. Armies that die in the underworld go back to your regular reserves.

Whenever gods clash in battle, a Godswar must first happen where you would roll three die each and sum the totals of the die numbers along with the number of armies of the attacking and defending territories (ie, roll a 3+4+5, w/ 4 armies = 16 total score). Winning a Godswar kills a god that was on the line, thus killing the ability to use any cards for that god.

If you have a God of Death out and it kills an army, they go straight back to their reserve, preventing your enemy from building up reserves for heaven. Or using a God of Sky lets you use an additional die for any Godswars it participates in. God of War lets you win any ties, and God of Magic lets you re-roll any 1's (again only if the god is participating).

There are also now plagues. Similar to the nukes in 2210, theyre placed on certain spots of the map. Theyre main difference is that armies can occupy these spots, but half of any invading armies that move into it are automatically killed. With that in mind, a single army could probably hold a plagued territory indefinitely.

But yea, pretty cool stuff. Theres even a chance to sink Atlantis, sending all armies on that continent straight to heaven.

Quake1028

Some stuff I never got around to posting since I moved:

2nc1840.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 and the guide. Early bday gifts. Should have an LE and the two Hot Topic shirts coming in soon.

2e65tlj.jpg

New phone and a case for it. Phone is awesome, small, and holds up to a 4GB card for music and videos. My trusty RAZR finally kicked the bucket so I had to upgrade.

e7017p.jpg

2dqlvt3.jpg

There's two of some of them because one copy is a bday gift for my brother.

Belkin 8ft HDMI cable.

Official Website - $134.99

Sams Club - 20 bucks :lol

I feel really bad for people who buy 100+ HDMI cables. You know who you are foo's!

0072286865944_L4.jpg

Don

Just got Crisis Core on thursday but haven't got playing it yet, and then I got all the Metal Gear stuff the week before.
veau5e.jpg

358rok1.jpg

zoku88

Isn't paying $20 for an HDMI cable still pretty bad?

Not as bad as not posting a REAL picture, though!

EDIT: Beaten by a mile :(

kurahadol said:
Stock photo and feeling awesome for paying $20 for an HDMI cable? epic failure

monoprice.com says hi

Yeah I saw monoprice, didnt feel like waiting for the shipping though :/

But I mean, im cheap, but not thaaaat cheap. Both posting a stock photo and paying 20 bucks seemed resonable enough. :lol

Sadly I failed in the eyes of internet tools around the world. :(

But hey, I wouldnt call it Epic.

2924qvm.jpg

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Agent Ironside said:
Sadly I failed in the eyes of internet tools around the world. :(

I think you have the tool part a little backwards. At least you have good taste in games though with regard to MGS4. :D

drakesfortune said:
I think you have the tool part a little backwards. At least you have good taste in games though with regard to MGS4. :D

Hey it happends :lol

But yeah, ive never been a MGS 4 fan and im enjoying 4, thinking about playing through 3 now....just need some incentive I guess.

Banned
2a8506u.jpg

Got this off Tower.com for £9 shipped to the UK! Extremely quick shipping as well — I only ordered it Wednesday evening.

When I opened it up I was a bit worried—disc 5 was loose in the case and looked like it had a couple of really bad scratches. The Blu-Ray coating did its trick though, all it took was a quick wipe and the disc looks as good as new!

And while it's probably not of interest, my new Storm iM2400 Case and replacement Chroma5 arrived this morning.

dmclxv.jpg

It's huge compared to the old case, and really sturdy. Well worth the cash:
5wim11.jpg

Vorador

Banned
I just received this computer case

Kandalf.jpg

The insides are empty for now, but not for long. This components should arrive this week:

Processor: Intel Q9450
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Memory: 4 Gb DDR2-1066
Power Supply Enermax Infinity 720W
Hard Disks: One WD Raptor 150 Gb (old version) and one Hitachi 750 Gb.

I have a "old" 8800GTS 640 Mb on my old system (athlon64) that should be enough for now.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan and Taiwan. I didn't focus too much on game shopping because I just don't have enough time for games anymore, but I did get a few things.

32znzu1.jpg

Karasu for Dreamcast and Dynamite Out by Tokyo Jihen, the best concert DVD I've ever seen.

2r43a4k.jpg

Awesome USB drive.

35jmnie.jpg

It's about the same thickness of a quarter. Tiny!

9r6pgj.jpg

Uniqlo Metal Gear shirts. Tokyo was in big time MGS mania, I saw promotional material for it constantly. I was thinking about buying the MGS4 PS3 bundle, but I can't justify it right now since I'm so busy. Ironically, if I keep putting it off, I'll just end up buying MGS4 for 360 when it comes out.

10xsh35.jpg

Couple more.

funr11.jpg

Couple MGS artbooks.

Alpha_eX

Those Sony Mini Drives are awesome, a bit slow with writing but still great, i've had mine for nearly 2 years. One cool feature, it's water proof, mines been in the washing machine at least 5 times, still works!

I got this in the post the other day, colors look washed out because of my camera. Was only £2 which is about $4.

zelda_poster.jpg

Zyzyxxz

my mom gave me her TV which she rarely used.

Its a crappy no-name brand and the HDMI isnt working with my PS3 so I need to figure something out but overall its a decent monitor and now I can sit back on my bed and watch a movie.

2603386500_81616b5cd4_b.jpg

I think this is my only gaming-related purchase this June, but I finally got what I've been drooling over for months.

superfamiwii002.jpg

superfamiwii005.jpg

superfamiwii007.jpg

Of course, I'm not going to keep it boxed forever. I'll probably open it up and try it out tonight. :)

I got some other stuff this month, but who cares: check out this persona figure I payed too much for!
33di51l.jpg

2zntlqw.jpg

2a0khzp.jpg

BONUS:
Her skirt comes off! Creepy!

Toshiba 32AV500U 32in
P6233498.jpg

80GB PS3:
P6233499.jpg

Stuff:
P6233500.jpg

It's been an awesome month so far; I got a Martin Lx1, some other Blu-Rays, and Futurama Season 2 in the mail.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
how does one go about getting those wii controllers? i've seen them a bunch in these pick up threads, and i'm interested.
eBay. Do a search for "famicom classic controller". i think they're going for around 50 bucks.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
how does one go about getting those wii controllers? i've seen them a bunch in these pick up threads, and i'm interested.

It was an offer for the Japanese Club Nintendo. But since I'm not a member of J-GAF (yet), I had to pay for mine.

inner-G

Banned
SnowWolf said:
35jmnie.jpg

It's about the same thickness of a quarter. Tiny!
I have the 4GB version of this (its purple) and I love it.

My car CD player has a USB port and it does .mp3 and .wma, so I pop this thing in there. It's really tiny. I was able to get all of my CD's out of my car though!

marwan

Banned
(sorry mods, i forgot to re-size, resizing now)

my god, i'm on s roll, i got bored of my LG KU990 Viewty (sold) it, and bought the new HTC Diamond, the specs are killer and the UI is the best Windows Mobile ever (WM 6.1), it's very iPhone like, on the far is far more capable! :) heck the screen resolution is VGA, that is 480x640....it looks crystal clear! it also includes a build in 4GB, WiFi, YouTube application, Opera, all the office crap, it's 520Mhz.....and so much more it has a style but no need to use it since you can use the phone without a stylusy, your fingers would do! :)

here are some pictures:

june_purchase.jpg
[/IMG]
june_purchase7.jpg

june_purchase9.jpg
june_purchase8.jpg

Full specs here:

the fun doesn't stop there, i also bought GriD on the PC, HP scanner, fax, printer, copier...it also wifi ready. And i also got a Sony photo printer. I hate using Large printers to print photos.

more photos:

june_purchase4.jpg

EDIt i'm a phone-a-holic, but this HTC Diamond is a definite keeper :) ...it simply exceeded my expectations.

The HTC Pro is coming out soon, witha full sliding QWERTY and a bigger battery!

june_purchase6.jpg
[/img]

hope you enjoyed my purchased!

oh i also got 2 Polarized Ray bans, but i'm not bothered to post them :)

check out the HTC Touch Pro, it's even more bad ass than the one i have :) ...but it won't comes out till august.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_touch_pro-2413.php

EDI: can we not post picture from other sites even though we have the same product posted, some times other sites have better pictures and angles to add to the post.

m9y8w0.jpg

The controller is a dualshock three; I picked it up with MGS4. I got the Fountainhead because I have been reading Atlas Shrugged, and even though I haven't finished it (I'm about 270 pages in) it has already become my favorite book.

Parks

Banned
dsc00882ih9.jpg

Shure SE530 Uber-ear buds (used a 30% off coupon so they were only $315), new PSP slim
dsc00873nu7.jpg

dsc00871ht4.jpg

Summer Reading
dsc00867rp4.jpg

Some PSP games for my new PSP

Top Bottom