• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

kairu

btf1980 said:
IMG_0909.jpg

Hey! I just got CJ7 bluray too!

andrewfee said:
nlr4oo.jpg

Just got my UK pre-order pack for MGS4.

The reason I still shop at GAME rather than buying online is because I still have a ton of cash on gift cards from them.

You get this for preordering in store, might cancel my online game order and pop downtown to order it.

cjdunn

Cloverfield, headphones and Aperture 2, which reminds me I really need to finally do an install of Leopard on my PowerMac.
jun02.jpg

This is may be my Pickup of the Forever, because I didn't buy it, I built it. Red oak boards, dovetail joins, biscuit joins, stained and clear coated.
jun03.jpg

My new/old 13" Magnavox and all my gaming setups upon it.
jun01.jpg

nny

things for listening (live and otherwise)...

DSC03776.jpg

...reading...

DSC03779.jpg

...and why not, gaming.

DSC03774.jpg

(damn, the ps two is small.)

suikodan

suikodan said:
Got separated and had to sell the house and made quite some money so I decided to offer myself some stuff.

Here's the first pickup (some are from the end of May but whatever...). Parts two to four should come during the next weeks. :D

part1s.jpg

1- Hellgate London CE: I didn't plan on buying this game at first but when I arrived at the EBGames counter and saw this, it was a no-brainer... even if I end up not playing the game.

2- Wii Remote: Needed a 2nd one

3- The World Ends with you: My surprise pickup of the month. It's really a good game.

4- Cellphone: Since I will live alone, I don't have a need for a wired phone at my place. This cell will do and even connects to a wi-fi router for better reception. It's a Nokia 6301 and I'm happy that I can customize its background image.

5- iPod Touch 16Gb: I originally wanted a iPhone but didn't want to wait until it comes out in Canada so I bought the Touch to be able to type stuff on the go. Really neat machine and hopefully, I'll date the girl in the picture. ;)

Next week will probably bring a car, Ninja Gaiden 2, a red PSP and the HDDVD should arrive with the movies I picked up for almost nothing...

Here's part 2:

part2s.jpg

Brand new HDDVD drive (50$) with a bunch of films from Amazon and iNetVideo.ca. Sad thing though is that the discs from iNet don't seem to work. :(

Movies are:
King Kong
Matrix Triology
Transformers
Fast & Furious 1 & 3
End of Days
Cinderella man
Dragonheart
I pronounce you Chuck and Larry
40 years old virgin

Come to think of it, could it be related to the fact that my 360 isn't connected to the net and that it would need an update???? It seems to bug with HDDVD/DVD combo discs...

As predicted in my last reply, here's part 3:

part31s.jpg

Toyota Echo RS Hatchback with manual transmission. I never drove MT but I did learn fast. Don't have much of a choice when you don't want to get stuck in the traffic.

Oh! The dog smells something! Indeed! A Red PSP with ME firmware and Ninja Gaiden 2!
part32s.jpg

The final part of my mega june pickup should be soon!

Cronen

This is my first reply to a Pick-Up-Post topic, just so you know >_>
These were taken on my mobile phone, and they were pretty big, so i've resized them with the use of a free website, so if they look a little out of proportion, then I'm sorry!

1. My Portal Shirt!
Front:
Portal shirt1.jpg

Back:
Portal Shirt 2.jpg

Picked it up from the Valve store and it's awesome! The left sleeve says 'Now You are thinking with Portals' with the right sleve having the Portal Logo. A few friends at school who have played Portal noticed it and adored it, whereas other friends, as well as my co-workers, oblivious to those video game machines don't 'get it' at all! :D

2. Lost Odyssey
LO.jpg

I picked this up at £18 online and I love it! Albeit, due to replaying MGS2 and 3 I haven't played it in a while, but I recently started the second disc!

Lastly, as of now,
3. Dexter Series 1
Dexter.jpg

I saw both seasons of the show online and adored it, so I HAD to pick it up when it came on DVD. I've already watched through it again! It's a shame that it hasn't got any bonus features though.. :-/

Cronen said:
Lastly, as of now,
3. Dexter Series 1
Dexter.jpg

I saw both seasons of the show online and adored it, so I HAD to pick it up when it came on DVD. I've already watched through it again! It's a shame that it hasn't got any bonus features though.. :-/

Dexter good on ya man, I got the US dvd release a while back its brilliant. Second Season comes out on dvd in august for US and is showing on FX on Sky in the next couple weeks. So it won't be on ITV1 for ages :lol

Cronen

Haha! I got it from the Valve Store!
Link!

It's really awesome :D
I ordered off the site and recieved it 2 days later, which is pretty damn impressive considering I'm from the UK and Valve is based in...Washington?

Cronen

XenonOxide said:
Dexter good on ya man, I got the US dvd release a while back its brilliant. Second Season comes out on dvd in august for US and is showing on FX on Sky in the next couple weeks. So it won't be on ITV1 for ages :lol

Haha yeah! Reminds me of the old days of LOST on C4, showing nearly a year after the US showings. Same with Heroes on the Beeb to an extent too! :lol

Gone Thursday you'll be sure to expect several MGS4 pictures (including myself!) I also grabbed the Strategy guide, and I may buy a Snake figure too :D

I also want Rock Band this month too....

Loops

Didn't update last month so...

got at the end of the month the PS3 + GTA bundle

pluuuuus

meaning
Ninja Gaiden II / Singstar / Trual Shock / Cars BR / Four Brothers HD / Jesse James HD / The Warriors HD / Into the Wild HD / Blade Runner HD / Coming to america HD

I also pleased myself with a book by Shepard Fairey about the "Obey Giant" project.

cjdunn said:
This is may be my Pickup of the Forever, because I didn't buy it, I built it. Red oak boards, dovetail joins, biscuit joins, stained and clear coated.
[IM]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/cjdunn73/jun03.jpg[/IMG]

My new/old 13" Magnavox and all my gaming setups upon it.
[IM]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/cjdunn73/jun01.jpg[/IMG]

Wow. That's some serious craftsmanship dude.

cjdunn

battleMAUS said:
the tv is a joke right?:lol
Nope... well not a joke for the next 24 hours or so. ;)

what a travesty to play the PS3 on that small TV, hey that rhymes!

Well better than nothing
Actually I have seen a thread about worst gaming setups somewhere here.
In fact, I can't play the PS3 on it at all since the TV only has a coax input. I've been remoting in via PSP for the past 4 days.

I picked up a new house on Friday, just finished a bit of remodeling and painting in the living room today. Attempting to do the house as Mid-Century as possible. All the gaming goodies are tucked away in the Credenza under the tv.

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06846.jpg

Best gaming chair built in the past 50 years right here.
DSC06850.jpg

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Congrats on the house Switchblade. That chair does look amazing though. Where'd you pick it up?

It's a vintage Herman Miller chair, I'd been wanting one for awhile but they always went for more money than I could spend on ebay. Found this one at a local shop for $350, I've seen them go for over a grand online! It's perfect for playing once I drag it in front of the tv!

DSC00191.jpg

Finally bought a PS3 - I had to buy a preowned console which is annoying but at least I got a Years warranty on it. Plus they chucked in a Brand new Copy of DarkSector which was also meant to be a preowned copy :D

Now a proud owner of both HD formats! Bring on the Blu-Ray!

putney

FrostuTheNinja said:
Where in the HELL did you acquire new copies of Cosmic Fantasy and Exile

And how much did you obtain them for?

I'm going to guess he got them from the former Turbo Zone Direct via eBay. I just picked one of each up as well, Exile for $11, Cosmic Fantasy 2 for $15. Search for eBay seller redfrogusa, there's more of both left...

gloone

KDjiUxiDa.jpg

I've been travelling alot by train lately and they had a sale on UMD-videos so i picked up a couple

BlNGwinMx.jpg

I finally got these three in my collection. The Wonderswan version was hard as hell to find. One eventually showed up on Ebay though and I was quick to buy it. :)

aAWZYeaPb.jpg

It's an arcade port of the first game with truly awesome sound. I had no idea the wonderswan could handle samples like this. :)

DLokPRZOT.jpg

The sound might not be as good but the controls are better since you use start for scratch instead of using the scratch up on the top of the unit like on the wonderswan.

Echoes

ffcc-cap.jpg

bangaio-cap.jpg

srwogsaga-cap.jpg

ecolis-cap.jpg

FF Crisis Core (Amazon DotD - 26)
Bangai-O Spirits (omg omg omg omg)
Super Robot Wars OG Saga (still wrapped)
SRW OG Saga Drama\OST CD
Ecolis (4$. still wrapped)

Imm0rt4l

sykoex said:
I got a complete set of Super Mario Bros sound drop keychains. I can't decide which sound effect is my favorite. :D

34y18ua.jpg

where from? They were sold out everywhere I looked for em' a couple of months ago.

jvalioli

devilchicken said:
Omg, this poster! WHERE did you get it? Online? Im assuming its a bigass movie style poster and not something smallish.
I needs it. Bad. :(
I know I'm not backflip, but I'm going to assume it was the Paris Kojima signing today. Interesting that they have these posters at the signings. I'm going to ask someone to snag me one.

Yes Boss!

gloone said:
Shit. You accidently bought two games that don't fit what you were looking for!

Yep, went down to the shop to have a browse and picked up Indy and Hot Shots 2. I've had Lego Star Wars and the first Hot Shots but hadn't expected to buy these sequels. I rebought Sunshine since it was sealed and twenty bucks and regret selling it a few years back.

mjc

I fully expect those theatrical MGS4 posters to show up on eBay for 5x more than what they're really worth. Something like $150.

SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
I picked up a new house on Friday, just finished a bit of remodeling and painting in the living room today. Attempting to do the house as Mid-Century as possible. All the gaming goodies are tucked away in the Credenza under the tv.

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06846.jpg

Best gaming chair built in the past 50 years right here.
DSC06850.jpg
your house is so freaking cool

Top Bottom