• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

matthewhadick said:
9kxzbr.jpg

one of my all time favorite movies

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Forsete said:
Tried to find as much 1950ies, pre 1950ies stuff that I own. Not much. :D

resistance2-1.jpg

Disappointed that 2 player split screen co-op is not working correct online. :/

One of the better pics here.

ymmv

Banned
Because I missed last months' pickup thread, I'll just post everything I picked up since then.

games.jpg

comics.jpg

Today's pickup was R2.

PS3004a.jpg

I didn't have a lot luck with my used game purchases in October. I got Kingdom Hearts 2 and Vagrant Story from Holland's answer to ebay: marktplaats.nl. KH2 turned out to be the Italian version, Vagrant Story was the German version. I was able to return KH2 but I got stuck with a useless VS because the seller (who knew she she sold me a useless game) doesn't return emails.

TommyT

matthewhadick said:
Alright, so for my birthday I received a Samsung Syncmaster T260HD. It's become my media swiss-army knife--perfect for anyone in college who can't afford a nice HD TV and a nice LCD monitor. It's 26", has a contrast ratio of 10000:1, and 1080p support. Right now my Wii, 360, PS3 and laptop are hooked up to it and I couldn't be happier.

2rddhg1.jpg

Mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I'm seeing $499 most places, and at the current rate TVs are going, the time of year seems a little steep for the size (granted it is a name brand). I do see how it could be worth it as you're using it for a monitor too.

Edit: The reason I ask if because I'm getting a PS3 soon (money is on the way Vince!) from a fellow Gaffer and my Wii, 360, and PC are hooked up to a 19" widescreen (dual screen for the PC) so I want something a bit more in size to play on :(

TommyT said:
Mind if I ask how much you paid for it? I'm seeing $499 most places, and at the current rate TVs are going, the time of year seems a little steep for the size (granted it is a name brand). I do see how it could be worth it as you're using it for a monitor too.

Edit: The reason I ask if because I'm getting a PS3 soon (money is on the way Vince!) from a fellow Gaffer and my Wii, 360, and PC are hooked up to a 19" widescreen (dual screen for the PC) so I want something a bit more in size to play on :(

Yeah, I got it for around $500.00. If you only need size, I wouldn't go with a syncmaster, or a monitor at all for that matter--you can probably get a relatively big HDTV (32") for $500 or less.

Proc

Does that huge ass book come with the CE? I think this picture has gotten me to subscribe and grab wrath in one foul swoop lol.

TommyT

Proc said:
Does that huge ass book come with the CE? I think this picture has gotten me to subscribe and grab wrath in one foul swoop lol.

Yeah, I was planning on getting WotLK. I have never gotten any of the CE before... but shit, I want to get it now!

Yes Boss!

PIMPBYBLUD said:
You lie!!! I'm in SOCAL and I'm stuck in my office right now!

Ha! You don't work for the government:lol

Neither do I but I'm a student so no classes today. It really is nice weather outside today (in OC at least).

Zyzyxxz

bought a new car...

3022836913_563584306e_b.jpg

...well not really but I did pick up some valuable driving experience on the track during the Audi's New A4 event.

Zyzyxxz

SnowWolf said:
^^ Is that you? You look nothing like what I expected. How does the R8 drive?

http://i37.tinypic.com/50kwo4.jpg[IMG]

Got these made by a goon at SomethingAwful.[/QUOTE]

Yup thats me, I'm just your typical Californian-Asian guy.

Unfortunately the R8 was only for display. That day was only for testing driving the next generation Audi A4 and doing comparison tests with Mercedes C300 in 4matic , Lexus IS-250 AWD, BMW 325xi.

The test was somewhat rigged though since the Audi A4 had 50-60hp advantage over the rest but overall I still like it better regardless of the power increase.

robot

Asus EEE PC (10 inch notebook) was cheap thanks to the cashback thing going on in ebay, and Gears was a freebie from a friend.

IMG_0888-1.jpg

LiK

Zyzyxxz said:
Yup thats me, I'm just your typical Californian-Asian guy.

Unfortunately the R8 was only for display. That day was only for testing driving the next generation Audi A4 and doing comparison tests with Mercedes C300 in 4matic , Lexus IS-250 AWD, BMW 325xi.

The test was somewhat rigged though since the Audi A4 had 50-60hp advantage over the rest but overall I still like it better regardless of the power increase.

nice car dude :)

Bluth54

Purchases032Medium.jpg

The top row includes the Addam's Family Complete Series, which was $27 on Halloween on Amazon. Rainbow 6 Vegas was $11 at the same time so I also picked it up. Also in the top row is Bender's Game, easily the best of the Futurama movies so far.

The second and third rows are things I got at Half Price Books the other day. I got the two South Park Seasons for 40% off the sticker price after coupons, making them about $15 and $12.

Purchases033Medium.jpg

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 20th Anniversary Edition.

Echoes

thewitcheree2.jpg

thewitcheree.jpg

pyjama1.jpg

pyjama3.jpg

The Witcher Enhanced, Fallout 3, and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (signed by John Boyne himself!). My best pickup this year <3

My Pick-ups for the last couple of days/weeks.

november.jpg

Also got my car back after someone broke my rear screen. 585€ of damage. Thank you very much.

Slizz

Yes Boss! said:
Banjo and Beer and a beautiful Southern California holiday today!

banjo.jpg

How is that American Ale??? I havent tried it yet, people tell me its similar to Yeungling also by bud

womfalcs3

Banned
timo 0270 said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/2znu237.jpg

Picked up Condemned 2 and Uncharted out of a Walmart Bin for 20 dollars each.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted for $20 is a steal. Just thinking about the game makes me smile.

Slizz said:
How is that American Ale??? I havent tried it yet, people tell me its similar to Yeungling also by bud

Don't know about Yeungling, but it's very malty - lots of body, but very little finish. As opposed to something like Sam, which is hoppy (understatement) - so loooong finish, without as much body.

Yes Boss!

HBP said:
How is the Bud Ale? I have been thinking of trying it out.

Slizz said:

Quite good! Can't remember the last time I ever bought anything from Bud but this was very surprising. I'm used to drinking Sierra Nevadas, Belgian Ales and stuff from Stone and this one compared favorably.

Definitely worth a try for the $7-8 (hell, you've gotta try every beer at least once!). They also sell it in a 22oz single bottle.

Top Bottom