• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

TommyT said:
Thanks to buying cheap at Hollywood video ($3.99 games) and selling back to Gamestop, I now have $120 after turning in 6 games!
100_0381.jpg

What the fuck!? Why were those games $3.99?

I would love to do that. It would be easy money for a PS3.

TommyT

RadioHeadAche said:
What the fuck!? Why were those games $3.99?

I would love to do that. It would be easy money for a PS3.

There was a CAG thread that mentioned Movie Galleries and Hollywood Video stores were selling ALL (sans the ones they're renting atm) used PS2, XBOX, and GC games for 3.99. I picked up a few Madden '09, Mercs 2, NCAA '09, The Force Unleashed. Those traded in for $20 at Gamestop.

Rlan

They came with a preorder in Australian EB Games.

However they jingle like nobody's business. Sounds like you've got a cat bell on if you attempt to wear them :lol

TommyT

Rlan said:
They came with a preorder in Australian EB Games.

However they jungle like nobody's business. Sounds like you've got a cat bell on if you attempt to wear them :lol

I've seen some of the EB employees wearing them around here, so maybe it's every where O_O

TommyT said:
There was a CAG thread that mentioned Movie Galleries and Hollywood Video stores were selling ALL (sans the ones they're renting atm) used PS2, XBOX, and GC games for 3.99. I picked up a few Madden '09, Mercs 2, NCAA '09, The Force Unleashed. Those traded in for $20 at Gamestop.

When I get some money, I'll have to check the Movie Gallery near me.

JEKKI

TommyT said:
Thanks to buying cheap at Hollywood video ($3.99 games) and selling back to Gamestop, I now have $120 after turning in 6 games!
100_0381.jpg
good job mang!!! I spent $38.88 at HW Video, kept one game from that stash, and threw in Kung-Fu Panda + Lego Jones from my newly acquired Xbox and made out with $150 credit, which I used to firstly buy a used Wireless Network adapter!!

$80 credit left!! I shall buy Gears 2 and a 1600 card later this week!!

xbox pics later...

JEKKI

Lego Indiana Jones PS2 was a lot, like $18...

Disgaea 2 got me $13, sum random xbox Star Wars game got me quite a bit...

Wall-E PS2 was $9 which is pretty good, I found a PS2 copy of Kung Fu Panda which was good,

sum random Hot Wheels games also got me $9...

the thing is... gamestop is offering 30% extra credit when you trade in 5 or more games which is why lots of ppl are taking advantage of this

Azzurri

JEKKI said:

Wall-E PS2 was $9 which is pretty good, I found a PS2 copy of Kung Fu Panda which was good,

the thing is... gamestop is offering 30% extra credit when you trade in 5 or more games which is why lots of ppl are taking advantage of this

Thanks, I'll go to a hollywood tomorrow and rip off gamestop later on. :lol :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
JEKKI said:

NICE!

I went around with nasty n8 today and all he found was 5 x Lego Batmans at $13 lol... good stuff tho!

plastik

There's a tiered trade in offer going on right now at Gamestop. Trade in 3 games you get 10% bonus credit, 4 games 20% bonus, 5 games+ 30% bonus. Goes great with the last gen game sale going on at Hollywood Video. All used GC, Xbox, and PS2 games are 3.99. Got over $200 in store credit myself. I still have 4 Madden 09s left over. Might just eBay them.

games.jpg

Azzurri

plastik said:
There's a tiered trade in offer going on right now at Gamestop. Trade in 3 games you get 10% bonus credit, 4 games 20% bonus, 5 games+ 30% bonus. Goes great with the last gen game sale going on at Hollywood Video. All used GC, Xbox, and PS2 games are 3.99. Got over $200 in store credit myself. I still have 4 Madden 09s left over. Might just eBay them.

games.jpg

HAH, all those maddens

If I find the asshole who did this to my car, I'll do the same to his bones.

heckscheibe.jpg

heckscheibe2.jpg

Also got a couple of DVDs and a hat, but I'm to angry to post pictures of them right now. At least 500€ I could have saved or spent in women and wine are gone for a new rear window. And I'm without a car for a couple of days. Horray!

marwan

Banned
hopefully this one will get me into the Final Fantasy series since the previous ones didn't do much for me(i liked FF12), plus it's all the store had to exchange with the crappy Midnight LA PSP

10112008408.jpg

bryehn

Scattered stuff from the last few weeks. This week will be the onslaught for me...

The Access Controller. A one-handed PS2/PS3/PC controller, primarily for those with physical disabilities. Designed by BenHeck.

081110-access.jpg

The PSEye. Primarily for LittleBigPlanet, but will also get use uploading drunken karaoke vids via SingStar.

081110-pseye.jpg

LittleBigPlanet with bonus t-shirt.

081110-lbp.jpg

SingStar Vol. 2. I just can't stop buying these games.

081110-sing.jpg

Saint's Row 2 and Tales of Vesperia will probably be in my 360 all winter, especially after I can install them.

081110-360.jpg

Civilization Revolution and Star Ocean: Til The End of Time. Both obtained through Goozex trading.

081110-goozex1.jpg

Xyanide. A great on-rails shooter that sold about 3 copies. Also obtained through Goozex.

081110-goozex2.jpg

Finally, The Cult of Cartman South Park DVD set. My wife loves the South Park, so I buy all of these for her.

081110-dvd.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where's Mirrors Edge released?

Got this last Friday. The bag's really nice and roomy - makes a very nice laptop bag. Will be picking up the game on Wednesday.

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

a1m

Banned
I'm quite amazed to see so many positive comments about Ayu, usually it's the other way around :lol

My Domo-shirt arrived today
img2279qe7.jpg

It's a bit too big but that's okay : )

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
bryehn said:
Scattered stuff from the last few weeks. This week will be the onslaught for me...

The Access Controller. A one-handed PS2/PS3/PC controller, primarily for those with physical disabilities. Designed by BenHeck.

081110-access.jpg

Is it possible to use this controller on PC in tandem with a mouse? Like, if I wanted to use an analog stick for movement but a mouse for aiming in an FPS? Do you have any idea?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Auron_Kale said:
Got this last Friday. The bag's really nice and roomy - makes a very nice laptop bag. Will be picking up the game on Wednesday.

IMG_0137.jpg

I want that. Australia missed out on preorder bonus though. Looks like its eBay time for me.

rocK`

Banned
JEKKI said:
good job mang!!! I spent $38.88 at HW Video, kept one game from that stash, and threw in Kung-Fu Panda + Lego Jones from my newly acquired Xbox and made out with $150 credit, which I used to firstly buy a used Wireless Network adapter!!

$80 credit left!! I shall buy Gears 2 and a 1600 card later this week!!

xbox pics later...

whoooa whats all this talk??

TommyT

rocK` said:
whoooa whats all this talk??

Basically, you go to Hollywood Video or Movie Gallery (without the game stores attached) and go to their buy used games section. They will have a sign that says "All PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube games $3.99" or something to that effect. Some stores usually have copies of games like:

Mercenaries 2
Lego Batman
NCAA '09
Madden '09
Fifa '09

etc.

Buy these games for $3.99 + tax, take them to a Gamestop or something similar and trade them in. Many go for $20 trade in value, $18.75, $13.00, etc. There is more however. Currently Gamestops are running a special where you trade in:

3 games = +10% per game in Trade In Value
4 games = +20% per game in Trade In Value
5 games = +30% per game in Trade In Value

There are reports of people spending a few hundred dollars and coming out with $750+ in store credit. Credit for these "spoils" go to CAG.

Top Bottom