• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Auron_Kale said:
GameStop. We only got 4 copies of the guide at my store, two of which my friends picked-up, so after I bought mine we now only have one copy left. I had mine on hold so I'm not sure if the last copy was already bought or not.

Thanks for that. Looks like I will have to find one on eBay... Along with the bag that Australia never got. :(

That is the fallout 3 CE guide. It's $30 and virtually the same as the regular one except for the nifty hardcover packaging and about 20 pages of making-of stuff in the back.

Not really worth it unless you're a fallout nut, or you get your GameStop credit for around .30 on the dollar.

Fortunately I fall into both categories! :lol

Feindflug

29bon0l.jpg

2dqr1w8.jpg

Yes Boss!

neopokekun said:
pickup_octnov08_c.jpg

Game & Watch Collection 2 contains Parachute and Octopus and a game thats a combination of both.

Very nice. I've got one coming from japan for $38. I loved these two games as a kid and i can't wait to see the version that (loosely) combines the two.

Yes Boss!

VGChampion said:
Not all my purchases of the month but the ones sitting close to my desk. All the new video games I bought are here though.

CIMG3324.jpg

Only way to go is to own all platforms. Props! Nice to see Banjo, Music and LPB in there.

Yes Boss! said:
Only way to go is to own all platforms. Props! Nice to see Banjo, Music and LPB in there.

Indeed Indeed. I couldn't see it any other way. If a games good, I'd rather play it than troll about it. :lol

Hitmeneer

Yes Boss! said:

And don't forget his great Veronica Mars DVD's! Veronica Mars rocks, still one of my favorite TV shows atm, and Kristen Bell is <3 .

neoism

Hitmeneer said:
And don't forget his great Veronica Mars DVD's! Veronica Mars rocks, still one of my favorite TV shows atm, and Kristen Bell is <3 .
Yeah, shes the only reason HEROES is worth watching, that and the lulz!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
1xz1o5.jpg
2ylsh6p.jpg

2qda2yo.jpg
5vrays.jpg

Resistance 2 technically not my pick-up, since it's just on loan from a friend (who played through the whole game in one night). Movies from the DVD Planet and Deep Discount sales: Detour, classic British B-movie and thriller collections and the big seven-movie Godzilla boxset. Lastly, the three-volume edition of Roberto Bolano's novel 2666.

Hive

Banned
Nitemare1 said:
NovPUP.jpg

Most of my Nov. combined.
Svs.R was practically an impulse buy today after reading Donahoe's review!

oooh, i just picked up KORG-10 DS yesterday, too~ Great pick-up

Bii

3033255172_072be0b1a6_o.jpg
3032412745_a03be1f79a_o.jpg
3033255374_cb97c0ecc7_o.jpg

3033255540_6892334ccf_o.jpg

Dell Inspiron 530 - I've actually been without a PC for the past three months (been doing all my online browsing/shopping through my iPhone). I had my laptop stolen and never bothered to replace it until now. Taking border's PC recommendation, I bought a "scratch & dent" Dell PC from their outlet store. It has an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz processor, Windows Vista 64-bit, 6GB DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz, 640 GB SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM), 16x DVD+/- RW drive, 19-in-1 media card reader and a bare-bones USB keyboard/mouse. I bought mine for $469 before tax/shipping and there are two at the Outlet store with the same configuration for $449 as of this posting if anyone's interested. I plan on purchasing an 8800GT soon; it'll tide me over until I decide to update the PSU/graphics card to play the games that are more demanding. I didn't get a monitor to go with the tower but I bought a VGA cable from monoprice and connected it to my Samsung 32" LCD HDTV.

Wii Classic Controller and 4x 2000 Wii Points Card - I actually bought these last month during the Toys R Us 40% off Wii accessories sale. I contemplated on buying more points cards but decided against it and let others get in on the deal as well. With the points, I downloaded all three Art Style games, Tetris Party, Super Dodge Ball, Shining Force and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past with half the points left. I'll wait until NA's club Nintendo goes live, that way I can at least get points if Nintendo doesn't carry over the stuff that I've registered already.

Rosebud and Petals - Thanks to my mom, I've been drinking a lot of tea lately. I purchased this 2lb bag of rosebud and petals from my favorite local tea shop. It tastes just like what it is and I love it.

EGM No.235 - With every year that passes by, I find myself reading EGM less and less. A few years ago, I would read it front-to-back; even the articles that I wasn't initially interested in. Nowadays, I flip through it once and read only a few articles that catches my eye (usually the cover story, a few reviews and something random). Although I must admit, the Japan issue that James Mielke oversaw was excellent. Come to think of it, I haven't paid for a video game magazine subscription since 2000 but I pulled the trigger on Play after liking what I saw when I browsed through an issue recently.

Red Scarlet

I got Order of Ecclesia late last month, and this week I've preordered Chrono Trigger DS, bought the reprint of Persona 2, and today I got Nine Inch Nails tickets and I hope the good version of Grandia 2, the Dreamcast one. It was in the 'expensive case' at a used game shop. Hope I remembered right that the Dreamcast version is the better one compared to PS2.

marwan

Banned
I hear mixed reviews about Mirro's Edge, is it any good? i must admit i can't resist the beautiful scenery from the top of those buildings.....kindaa reminds me of when i first played Outrun in the arcades!

Zyzyxxz

marwan said:
I hear mixed reviews about Mirro's Edge, is it any good? i must admit i can't resist the beautiful scenery from the top of those buildings.....kindaa reminds me of when i first played Outrun in the arcades!

unless you are into speed trials and perfect runs the game might come up short on playtime.

I want it but I can't spare $60 for a game which might only last me a week or two.

I'm just gonna rely on L4D to keep me busy until I have money.

DJ GT-S

Banned
14npssm.jpg

Vantec Iceberq4 Pro VGA cooler, it's little ram cooler little brothers and a Zalman ZM-NB47J northbridge cooler.

Bought because the shitty original northbridge fan started making a racket. I ditched the video cooler too, because it was the same age and it was bound to start rattling too sooner rather than later.

With the fanless NB cooler and the better VGA cooler, my comp is now quieter than ever. finally I can sleep undisturbed!

JEKKI

warning!

incoming game of the year!

warning!

zv6dk4.jpg

yeay! first dood in the pickup thread to post this game!

I win!!!

btw everyone needs to get this game... it's soooo good!!

milkham

JEKKI said:
warning!

warning!

zv6dk4.jpg

yeay! first dood in the pickup thread to post this game!

I win!!!

btw everyone needs to get this game... it's soooo good!!

ordering it as soon as i get home!

Minotauro said:
Is that the ME soundtrack people have on their iPhones?

Kinda, it's actually a remix album for the main theme to ME. It's available on itunes and EA's website but I've also seen it on amazon's website.

I've been listening to it constantly and I can't stop because it's really well done and each remix of the song brings something fresh to the sound.

Bluth54

Purchases035Medium.jpg

I got Indiana Jones and Ironman used from Family Video's website for $9 and $7. I got World at War from Amazon with a $10 giftcard. The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Rodan/ War of the Gargantuas, and the Mystery Science Theater Collections are from the Deep Discount sale.

A new shelf for my games. It's also from the Deep Discount sale, only $100 after coupon.
The top two shelves is my 360 stuff. The next two shelves is my Wii stuff. Next up comes some of my brother's Xbox 360 and Xbox games, then finally my Xbox games and Guitar.
I also got a second shelf to put the rest of my DVDs in, but I haven't put that together yet.
Click picture for a larger version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picked up two PS2 games I have owned and sold off previously, the two SNK-related Queen's Blade books for the hell of it, the Chun-Li SFO Mouse Generation (is this out yet?) Revoltech, and the first volume of Detroit Metal City, because I love the movie and anime series so damn much.

3033544157_3588ca0dc5.jpg

Expensive month (for me)!

Fenchuch Mirrors Edge t shirt= £free
1zeb0jo.jpg

Guitar Hero World Tour= £1.58
34do0m9.jpg

60GB, 2 wireless Controllers, GoW1&2, P&CK= £211
2w7lemu.jpg

My first 360, still own my PStriple so I hope it's a worth while purchase! GAME in UK probably has the best deal for a 360 (everything but the play and charge kit= £199.99) I said i will play GeOW and I AM :D!!!:D :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I forgot to take a picture of Gears 2 and Resistance 2! Oh well.

MarkMan said:
Kenichi game!

YES

Eh, it's okay, my biggest issue is with the character roster; really wanted to have all Kenichi's teachers as playable characters. I sold it off rather quickly after getting it new last year, but it just seemed weird not having it in the collection.

crispyben

I took the pictures with my new phone, but it's really buggy and laggy, so it's going back...

okr8s9.jpg

This are my music pick-ups for November (so far):

v8lhk1.jpg

ibu

Joe211 said:
200g12c.jpg

call a mod if you're not happy

I think you missed out his reply which was.

14t60bd.jpg

CM McPunk said:
Didn't even know Bill had a new DVD out. :D

it came out last monday thats why... they only advertised it the week preceding release.

Top Bottom