• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Got this Saturday (finally bought a point card):

IMG_0176.jpg

Arrived today:

IMG_0179-1.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Been meaning to buy this, but I was too cheap to buy it when it first came out ($75). So glad that DC decided to reprint this in time for the movie.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
35beg6x.jpg

Persona 2 because it was reprinted and I CRAVE PERSONA. A Wild Sheep Chase because I already have Dance Dance Dance and I wanted something else on the order to make sure I didn't just get Persona 2 in a bubble mailer.

Ordered on the 13th, with free 5-9 day shipping. Projected arrival date was the 26th. Came in the mail today.

I <3 Amazon.

Zyzyxxz

Auron_Kale said:
Arrived today:

IMG_0179-1.jpg

Been meaning to buy this, but I was too cheap to buy it when it first came out ($75). So glad that DC decided to reprint this in time for the movie.

If you are fan of the Watchmen comics is it worth it?

I bought the paperback a few months ago for $10 and instantly became a fan but I am reluctant to spent so much on a graphic novel.

Zyzyxxz said:
If you are fan of the Watchmen comics is it worth it?

I bought the paperback a few months ago for $10 and instantly became a fan but I am reluctant to spent so much on a graphic novel.

If your a fan, but not too sure about spending the cash for the Absolute edition, here's a pretty nice write-up on Absolute Watchmen: http://comics.ign.com/articles/666/666025p1.html

I actually paid $58.80 on Amazon, which is easier on the wallet than $75 or some of the ridiculous prices some people were quoting a few months ago.

marwan said:
it didn't come with a power supply? japan and U.S use the same voltage.

That's not actually true. Japan uses 110V, while the US uses 120V. It's close enough to the point where most devices are inter-operable, though for very expensive items like HDTVs, it'd be ill-advised.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Got in a batch of pens/pencils today. I've been looking for a doctor-y pen and the Lamy pico fits the bill. Here's a video of it in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXI30pe1Gs
The Kurutoga is also awesome; there's a mechanism inside that automatically rotates the lead point so that it is always sharp for consistent line thickness in handwriting. The amount of R&D Japan puts into these writing instruments is amazing. I also got extra stock of miscellaneous gel pens that I didn't feel I needed to take pics of.

2zdrazn.jpg

Loxley

My one pick-up for November.

My birthday and Christmas are ten days apart, so needless to say; December will much, much more bountiful ;)

soultron

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Dammit, I love my Lamy. I have a 0.7 mechanical pencil and it's honestly the greatest piece I've ever written with. I actually feel like such a bad ass when I do calculus with it.

I really think they take care in weighting their instruments properly, which actually makes writing with their instruments pleasurable.

Yes Boss!

soultron said:
Dammit, I love my Lamy. I have a 0.7 mechanical pencil and it's honestly the greatest piece I've ever written with. I actually feel like such a bad ass when I do calculus with it.

This one is the greatest pencil ever made. I've used them all my life and tired of it.

pentel.jpg

crispyben

ibu said:
You should be able to get your phone unlocked (to any network) for really cheap... in england (london especially) there is a phone store in every market (and almost every corner) that can instantly unblock your phone, cheap and efficiently and I never hear of any problems with them. unblock your phone then feel free to upgrade firmware.

Branded phones suck balls though... Vodafone, 3 and Orange always block their phones and its annoying as they always have network specific software which is just crap.

If I were you send it back and get a network free phone the way its supposed to be.

Screw what Orange think, they are handicapping your phone with outdated firmware.

Stay sim free when purchasing a phone you will find that sim free phones have less problems with them as the network specific software isn't on there to crap out on you.
I may be mistaken, but I think unlocking (making the phone work with other networks) and debranding (making the phone work with other firmwares) isn't quite the same... I'm happy with the Orange network, and branded phones are subsidised, so that's why I don't buy a network-free phone. I agree with the "Screw Orange" mentality, so i'm getting a new phone delivered today, a new SIM card later in the week, and debranding the phone ASAP.

Barrett2

Been a few weeks since I posted my new pickups. Games ahoy!

All of these games are great, I just wish I had more time to sink into them.

3040274093_d111aa4cc8_o.jpg

3041114454_7c0ae2135b_o.jpg

3040272877_60e01bcbc7_o.jpg

Danielsan

Some of these are late October pick-ups

2j1lyxd.jpg

Fallout 3, Lost Planet and Fable 2

63vr6f.jpg

A pair of black leather Chucks

ht6vc2.jpg

Pan's Labyrinth on Blu-ray and a Phillips Manscaper.

xf4xza.jpg

Some clothing, a scarf and The Road.

Bull

IMG_0806.jpg

I'm enjoying EndWar a lot more than I thought I would. So far I've been mainly playing the single player campaign. I play totally without voice controls which has been fine but maybe it's the reason why I got totally destroyed when I tried to play online. :(

Known Shippable said:
No offence but those scarves are played the fuck out.

seeing how you are the editor and cheif of GQ I think we should all take you fashion advice

and no, I don't have those scarves

Scotch

Picked up a Gears 2 bundle + €7 HDMI cable yesterday. Dead Space and Mirror's Edge are already played & completed.

290sy79.jpg

I also got the GOTY:

2q1yzcg.jpg

crispyben

crispyben said:
I may be mistaken, but I think unlocking (making the phone work with other networks) and debranding (making the phone work with other firmwares) isn't quite the same... I'm happy with the Orange network, and branded phones are subsidised, so that's why I don't buy a network-free phone. I agree with the "Screw Orange" mentality, so i'm getting a new phone delivered today, a new SIM card later in the week, and debranding the phone ASAP.
The phone was delivered as planned, and I debranded it right away... I can't believe how gimped it was! Now I can enjoy it the way Nokia intended :D Any tips Marwan?

CTLance

I just got Universe at War for 10 Eurobux. I consider that a good deal after playing through and enjoying the first campaign. Playing that kind of game with a controller instead of ye olden KBM feels weird, but it's workable. Not perfect, mind you. I'm just surprised it's even remotely feasible. Pleasant surprises all around.
4tnjme.jpg

Not pictured: 100g of my favourite "Schweinekruste". Deep-fried salted pig skin. Sounds horrible, smells greasy, tastes great. Snackerific.

Leonsito

crispyben said:
The phone was delivered as planned, and I debranded it right away... I can't believe how gimped it was! Now I can enjoy it the way Nokia intended :D Any tips Marwan?

So you succesfully changed the product code and updated it ? Great :D

CTLance

marwan said:
dud you puke the salad out onto the plate?
Since we're already being gross, that white stuff sure doesn't look like puke...

BAD THOUGHT! BAD THOUGHT! Applying bleach to braincells right now.

CTLance

Learn something new every day... Pork Rinds. OK. I can roll with that. :D

Anyway, another 10 bucks down the drain:
10roac0.png

I bought the german version a looong time ago, but having to patch it every freaking time I reinstall it is just too much of a hassle. Bonus: Now I needn't worry about losing my disk anymore.
Will buy the 2004 ECE too when it comes out too. Now I only need a GOG Q3A and I will never again need to venture down into my disk dungeon of doom and despair.

marwan

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
bad quality webcam pic sry

picture139be5.jpg

my god man, you should have waited or bought a camera while you were at it. that must be a prehistoric web cam or it's been smeared with Vaseline!

Top Bottom