• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
65536 said:
14t60bd.jpg
:(

Check and mate. :lol

YO-Q

i don't get it, why is that GOW2 quoted a million times, what did he do take a pic of it and crop it to make it look like a stock image? that is funny? that is worth 3 pages of quotes? and when i look at it and still don't get the big deal is. Please some one break it down cause I am lost apparently

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
YO-Q said:
i don't get it, why is that GOW2 quoted a million times, what did he do take a pic of it and crop it to make it look like a stock image? that is funny? that is worth 3 pages of quotes? and when i look at it and still don't get the big deal is. Please some one break it down cause I am lost apparently

No to mention he did the same thing on october thread too :lol Guess he was trying to be funny.

milkham

3035940796_048351e17e.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to power the Super Famicom. Does anyone know if I can just take a SNES ac adapter and plug it in ?

marwan

Banned
milkham said:
3035940796_048351e17e.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to power the Super Famicom. Does anyone know if I can just take a SNES ac adapter and plug it in ?

it didn't come with a power supply? japan and U.S use the same voltage.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
VGChampion said:
If you scrolled down a little farther you would have seen what happened.
Not that it really bothers me but did he do that himself or was he just showing the method in which these caps are made? If he did it him/herself then kudos. If not then I think that falls in the line of not showing your own images. Not a life changing thing but still.

milkham

marwan said:
it didn't come with a power supply? japan and U.S use the same voltage.

it did, i was afraid to plug it in but after some googling went ahead with it... thought i killed it until i realized the cartridge i was trying to use didn't work. plugged in another and it started up. Now I need to get my hands on a snes to sfamicom cartridge adapter.

marwan

Banned
crispyben said:
I took the pictures with my new phone, but it's really buggy and laggy, so it's going back...

okr8s9.jpg

why is it buggy and laggy? it's been out for almost a year and mine is and stable as a rock! mine is SIM free, is you're an Orange version? i know cell providers tamper with the phone software, that's why i always buy SIM free phones.

get it exchanged, what's your firmware? you can check by entering *#0000#on the standby screen.
my version is 30.0.015

locked phoned might have different version, so im not sure. Also use the Nokia Service Updater on your PC to update to the latest firmware:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163

hope this helps! lemme know how it goes.

crispyben

marwan said:
why is it buggy and laggy? it's been out for almost a year and mine is and stable as a rock! mine is SIM free, is you're an Orange version? i know cell providers tamper with the phone software, that's why i always buy SIM free phones.

get it exchanged, what's your firmware? you can check by entering *#0000#on the standby screen.
my version is 30.0.015

locked phoned might have different version, so im not sure. Also use the Nokia Service Updater on your PC to update to the latest firmware:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163

hope this helps! lemme know how it goes.
Thanks Marwan. I knew you'd react! It is in fact an Orange phone, and the firmware is a lowly 13.0.003! It's the latest I can get :( I'll exchange it to make sure it's not faulty, but otherwise I'll have to consider flashing it... Do you know anything about that sort of thing?

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Not that it really bothers me but did he do that himself or was he just showing the method in which these caps are made? If he did it him/herself then kudos. If not then I think that falls in the line of not showing your own images. Not a life changing thing but still.
It's all my own photo, I was just having a bit of fun. Some people need to lighten up a bit…

Aladuf

Banned
novpup.jpg

Here's November so far, pretty damn good month. MGS4 was something that I traded a GAFer for at the very beginning of the month, I had regretted selling it at one point a few months ago and am glad to finally have picked it up again.

November has been a lightweight month. Couldn't really justify buying anything knew with the enormous ps1/ps2/ps3 backlog I have so I traded my copy of MGSIV to a GAFer for Fallout 3.
As I clear my backlog I expect to be making some more purchases. I'll be sure to post them.

Edit: That is my copy of MGSIV GAF ^^^^^ :lol :lol

CIMG0480.jpg

ibu

crispyben said:
Thanks Marwan. I knew you'd react! It is in fact an Orange phone, and the firmware is a lowly 13.0.003! It's the latest I can get :( I'll exchange it to make sure it's not faulty, but otherwise I'll have to consider flashing it... Do you know anything about that sort of thing?

Send it back and get the N96 your phone model is old has been out for over 18months... Trade it and get the new model. Its much more stable as well. Though your firmware on your model is hideously out of date.

Aladuf

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
November has been a lightweight month. Couldn't really justify buying anything knew with the enormous ps1/ps2/ps3 backlog I have so I traded my copy of MGSIV to a GAFer for Fallout 3.
As I clear my backlog I expect to be making some more purchases. I'll be sure to post them.

Edit: That is my copy of MGSIV GAF ^^^^^ :lol :lol

Hey, that Fallout 3 looks quite familiar! :lol

marwan

Banned
crispyben said:

if your phone is locked to a certain provider i really wouldn't know unless you unlock it and upgrade it to the latest firmware. i'm not even sure nokia updater would allow you to upgrade a locked phone but give it a shot, it won't hurt, the worst thing that could happen is that it will tell you it can't flash the phone.

i hate locked phoned because those stupid providers always fuck around with the OS....my free N95 runs at lightening speed and is extremely stable...and on top of that the camera quality is simply unbeatable.

sorry, i wish i could have been a bit more helpful!

EDIT: don't install Nokia PC Suite. just install the Nokia Service Updater(NSU) alone from the site.

dankir

Been a while but here goes nothing.

Blu Ray pickups, I may have posted some of these before can't remember

IMG_4567.jpg

Games

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4578.jpg

Figurines

IMG_4569.jpg

Webcam and capture card

IMG_4570.jpg

Samsung 22" LCD

IMG_4574.jpg

LRG Leather Jacket, clothes and Keffiyeh scarves

IMG_4572.jpg

kagete

Finally got GH:WT last Friday night!

DSCN2163.jpg

The drums are ace in quality. Everything snaps firmly into place with a solid and satisfying pop. After playing it for 2 days I noticed the right cymbal was missing hits so I followed the links in the official thread and taped my sensor to the plastic for instant improvement.

DSCN2162.jpg

I don't really play guitar but the build quality is definitely great. There are lots of small design touches that I really find nice. I don't own any of the older GH guitars so I'm not sure if they've been this good ever since.

DSCN2161.jpg

For my other pickup this weekend.. well don't judge me (please). My mom got me the pair from a chinese bootleg clothing store for the equivalent of $1. It looks like it'll fit me, but im scared of ever wearing it.

DSCN2178.jpg

dankir

_dementia said:
Does this only capture composite and s-video?

Yeah my boss gave it to me to capture some Killzone 2 beta footage. It's pretty horrible on a 52" 1080p LCD. On a smaller LCD computer monitor its nice. My impression article is going up later today, you can see the quality of the video there.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
YO-Q said:

He's just illustrating how inanely stupid this rule of no stock photos is and how annoying everybody who complains about stock photos are.

outsidah

Crappy cell pics...

photo.jpg

I must say the "kollectors" edition is really poor. Slipcase for both the game and "bonus" DVD. Comic is tiny and of real crappy quality. All of like 10 pages.

photo2.jpg

crispyben

ibu said:
Send it back and get the N96 your phone model is old has been out for over 18months... Trade it and get the new model. Its much more stable as well. Though your firmware on your model is hideously out of date.
I know, but it's not that simple... In France, providers don't offer every phone, and the N96 isn't available when changing your mobile through Orange (been a customer there for 11 years). The firmware is old, but I can't update it further because it's Orange-branded, do you know how to update it?

marwan said:
if your phone is locked to a certain provider i really wouldn't know unless you unlock it and upgrade it to the latest firmware. i'm not even sure nokia updater would allow you to upgrade a locked phone but give it a shot, it won't hurt, the worst thing that could happen is that it will tell you it can't flash the phone.

i hate locked phoned because those stupid providers always fuck around with the OS....my free N95 runs at lightening speed and is extremely stable...and on top of that the camera quality is simply unbeatable.

sorry, i wish i could have been a bit more helpful!

EDIT: don't install Nokia PC Suite. just install the Nokia Service Updater(NSU) alone from the site.
I already tried updating (installed the full PC Suite), but it says it's the most recent firmware available... I was gutted! I love the camera too, so I'll exchange it, see how it runs and then look into this flashing scene... It's risky though, if something goes wrong the phone is toast!

marwan

Banned
crispyben said:
I know, but it's not that simple... In France, providers don't offer every phone, and the N96 isn't available when changing your mobile through Orange (been a customer there for 11 years). The firmware is old, but I can't update it further because it's Orange-branded, do you know how to update it?

I already tried updating (installed the full PC Suite), but it says it's the most recent firmware available... I was gutted! I love the camera too, so I'll exchange it, see how it runs and then look into this flashing scene... It's risky though, if something goes wrong the phone is toast!

sorry to hear that man, it sounds like Orange crippled the N95 software :(

have you considered the N95 8GB it's thicker, but still the same phone with the same great camera(actually slightly better) and a nice big screen.

crispyben

marwan said:

have you considered the N95 8GB it's thicker, but still the same phone with the same great camera(actually slightly better) and a nice big screen.
I wouldn but it's not available with Orange... I'll try and debrand it!

Leonsito

marwan said:

There is an easy way to change the product code from Orange/Vodafone/whatever to an original product code, so the Nokia Software Updater recognice your phone, I had to do it with my N95 8GB because Vodafone never releases their firmware updates + the original firmwares are waaaay faster.

Use this guide: http://thenokiablog.com/2007/04/03/nokia-n95-euro-product-codes-and-language-packs/

It's safe, don't worry, just plug in the ac adapter.

Edit: This was for crispyben :D

crispyben

Leonsito said:
There is an easy way to change the product code from Orange/Vodafone/whatever to an original product code, so the Nokia Software Updater recognice your phone, I had to do it with my N95 8GB because Vodafone never releases their firmware updates + the original firmwares are waaaay faster.

Use this guide: http://thenokiablog.com/2007/04/03/nokia-n95-euro-product-codes-and-language-packs/

It's safe, don't worry, just plug in the ac adapter.

Edit: This was for crispyben :D
Thanks, I'll try that.

.hacked

outsidah said:
I must say the "kollectors" edition is really poor. Slipcase for both the game and "bonus" DVD. Comic is tiny and of real crappy quality. All of like 10 pages.

Think I'll pass, thanks for the pics!

Spike

outsidah said:

Agreed. This was the first, and last time I ever buy a "collector's" edition. The comic in mine is so bent up, I can't even read it without the risk of tearing it. The disc will no doubt get scratched easily from that slipcase. Poor, poor job. They could have at least made the box abit bigger and included the standard 360 case/cover in it, then just toss in the extras into the special box.

Well, at least it has the nice Alex Ross Litho...

ibu

crispyben said:

You should be able to get your phone unlocked (to any network) for really cheap... in england (london especially) there is a phone store in every market (and almost every corner) that can instantly unblock your phone, cheap and efficiently and I never hear of any problems with them. unblock your phone then feel free to upgrade firmware.

Branded phones suck balls though... Vodafone, 3 and Orange always block their phones and its annoying as they always have network specific software which is just crap.

If I were you send it back and get a network free phone the way its supposed to be.

Screw what Orange think, they are handicapping your phone with outdated firmware.

Stay sim free when purchasing a phone you will find that sim free phones have less problems with them as the network specific software isn't on there to crap out on you.

Top Bottom