• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

kuYuri

DSC06007.jpg

Sorry for blur.

DVDs/Blu-ray from DeepDiscount sale. Also got Batman: Mask of the Phantasm coming in. Low on cash, so didn't order much. KoF also from DD. Fire Emblem: PoR was received from Goozex.

Yes Boss! said:
I might actually be old enough to be your dad. I was born in '74...

x_X

Captain N

MyEpitomeCliché said:
So. Fucking. Jealous.

How's the PQ?

The PQ is flippin' awesome! I didn't get home from work until a few hours ago and only got to watch 25 minutes or so..its going to be watched over and over again by me.

zaxor0

Yes Boss! said:
I might actually be old enough to be your dad. I was born in '74...

Haha, at least that post didn't go unnoticed. I am pretty sure that makes you a few years younger than my oldest sibling. My dad is ancient, born in '46 (62), and has been using those blue pencils or the yellow ones just like them for as long as I can remember. Though they are quite sturdy, they always appear to me as old school mechanical.

Provider

OK, this is like half the stuff I've got in the last 6-8 weeks cuz I've been to lazy to post every month and I'm too lazy to go take pictures of all the stuff...

GameBoy Micro Famicon Edition from the Play-Asia deal.
01.jpg

VAIO Laptop
02.jpg

[red] iPod Shuffle
03.jpg

Grounded for life!
04.jpg

Entourage and Futurama (I got the movies too, no pics tho)
05.jpg

New Arcade and Gears 2
06.jpg

Some shoes. I liked the Levi's current line. I have almost all of them.
07.jpg

Getting ready for the (not so) cold.
08.jpg

Birthday presents!
09.jpg

Dinner my friend cooked.
10.jpg

The camera I took the pictures with.
00.jpg

I also got a lot of movies, dark sector, MGS collection, tons of downloadable games: braid, world of goo, pain, pixeljunk eden/monsters... and a lot of other stuff I can't remember right now. I'm picking LBP and probably Mirror's Edge next week.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Too many damn games. Don't even have time to play them right now. ;_;

3044903019_84d0208ef5_b.jpg

(Gears and Resistance 2 are from last week)

Aside from Musou Orochi Maou Sairin on PSP next week, that's it for me for this month. Really want Tomb Raider Underworld but I am going to t until December.

milkham

Infernal Monkey said:
bf2l1c.jpg

$2.50 each, sure, why not. :]

interesting, where did you get them? i picture's too small for me to read the labels. any idea if they're any good? any gps integration?

EB (Australia). Haven't spent too much time with them yet, but there seems to be a crazy amount of information packed into them, and they have some really nice videos set to relaxing music. No GPS support.

Yazuka

I wanted this for a very long time. And today my friend surprised me with giving me this as a little late birthday present / combo of early christmas present.
Well might now fit in this thread, but its the only thing I've gotten in November right now.

yazuka_kosmos.jpg

.hacked

robot said:
^ How's Golden Axe? And what do you think of MK vs DC? (without derailing too much)

Got Golden Axe and MK vs Dc from a local used CD store for about $25 each and for that price I am satisfied with both.

Golden Axe is fun for those of use who remember playing the old games back on the Genny. It is just an average game with nostalgia bumping it up a bit. Graphics are Ok but it is a bit basic and the game play a tad too cumbersome to really recommend it unless you get it on the cheap (think target has the PS3 version for $30 now).

MKvsDC is the 1st MK I have actually enjoyed since MK2. The violence has been toned down a lot but it is a nice fanboy treat. Again would blow $60 on it but when the price comes down it is more than a decent brawler. Much better than any of the last 1/2 dozen 3d MK games. Unreal engine makes for some nice looking Kombatants and the story mode is surprisingly interesting with a good amount of cheese thrown in to keep things from getting too serious.

mr stroke

bigGIRLSblouse said:
How is the personality of that bulldog? Very cool dog!

thanks,
dog is really chill. Best puppy I have ever had, doesn't bark, just sleeps and farts.

why is your C&C cover different than the standard euro/U.S covers

all of the covers are reversible, just flip yours inside out.

marwan

Banned
mr stroke said:
thanks,
dog is really chill. Best puppy I have ever had, doesn't bark, just sleeps and farts.

all of the covers are reversible, just flip yours inside out.

oh wow, i just realized that when i checked my copy, neat! :)

they should do the same with game console covers, crappy american covers on one side and cool Japanese covers on the other!

Bii

Provider said:
OK, this is like half the stuff I've got in the last 6-8 weeks cuz I've been to lazy to post every month and I'm too lazy to go take pictures of all the stuff...

[A lot of pictures]

Your pictures' quality varies from one to another. When taking a picture of something up close, try using the macro function of your camera (the flower symbol) if you're not using it already.

3045247963_ac860c9cb5_o.jpg
3046085088_dc564ae9e5_o.jpg

3046085016_bf141abeaf_o.jpg

The Orange Box - I waited quite a while to finally buy this. I had wanted to buy it a few months ago when it was $39.99 but it slipped my mind with all the new games that were coming out. So when it hit $19.99, I grabbed it before I forget again.

Seven Samurai (3-Disc Remastered Edition, Criterion Collection) - My first Criterion DVD. I've never seen the movie either but I'm sure it'll be a treat. Hopefully, I don't become too obsessive with collecting Criterion DVDs because the last thing I need right now is another expensive hobby to get into. I'll probably limit myself to getting a DVD once every two weeks...

Starcraft Anthology - I already own Starcraft but I bought the digital download for two reasons. 1) I can play with/against my little brother on Battle.net and 2) I don't need the CD to play the game. Playing Starcraft again, I just realized that the game's resolution doesn't go any higher than 640x480, so it looks a bit washed out on my HDTV. Not that I was expecting it to look great by any means but it holds up quite nicely. Oh, and I can't play the game in windowed mode. The top part of the screen is cut off by a bit if I don't set my HDTV to 4:3 mode. Of course, I can always download a mod to force Starcraft into window mode.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Provider said:
Getting ready for the (not so) cold.
08.jpg

Where do you get the Steve McQueen racing jacket? Whats the quality like?

Got this mostly because of the box art on NXE. :lol

2mnp45y.jpg

Game is damn hard.

*EDIT*

Firefly and TDK are out on Blu-Ray? OH SHIT!

Wilsongt

Yazuka said:
I wanted this for a very long time. And today my friend surprised me with giving me this as a little late birthday present / combo of early christmas present.
Well might now fit in this thread, but its the only thing I've gotten in November right now.

yazuka_kosmos.jpg

NOM NOM NOM.

Provider

Bii said:
Your pictures' quality varies from one to another. When taking a picture of something up close, try using the macro function of your camera (the flower symbol) if you're not using it already.

Oh I know xD. Like I said I'm too lazy, I just posted the pics I had already taken when I first got the camera and I was playing around with it. I'm no photographer or anything, the credit for the 'good' pictures goes to the camera I didn't do anything special HaHHA. Thanks for the advice. I've been using it with pictures I took recently.

Edit: Also, I got this today:

11.jpg

marwan

Banned
b.e.r.g said:
"Full HD! 1080p... still image"

Clearly branding sells :p 13.6mp is 6.5 times the resolution of 1080!

Neat camera though :)

i have the exact same camera and love it.

This FULL HD crap had got to stop! they make it sound like the camera records video in full HD, when the video recording is like any other camera, 640x480 @ 30fps!!! My Nokia phone is a 5megapixel and takes incredible shots for a phone camera.....does that mean it's FULL HD? no!

the FULL HD label has been abused and slapped on every single TV and camera i see on the market today!

marwan

Banned
someone please tell me, wats the difference between the Sony Bluetooth headset and regular/high quality BT headsets from Jabra and other brands for example? does the PS3 version do anything special?

b.e.r.g

marwan said:
i have the exact same camera and love it.

This FULL HD crap had got to stop! they make it sound like the camera records video in full HD, when the video recording is like any other camera, 640x480 @ 30fps!!! My Nokia phone is a 5megapixel and takes incredible shots for a phone camera.....does that mean it's FULL HD? no!

the FULL HD label has been abused and slapped on every single TV and camera i see on the market today!
Yup! Sad how resolution sells like that. Been around for years, but when you can sum up technology in 2 letters, then its awesome!

Anyway, "Smile shutter"? Wth is that? Auto shuttter when your subject smiles? lol :)

marwan

Banned
b.e.r.g said:
Yup! Sad how resolution sells like that. Been around for years, but when you can sum up technology in 2 letters, then its awesome!

Anyway, "Smile shutter"? Wth is that? Auto shuttter when your subject smiles? lol :)

smile shutter basically is(you have to enable it first of course) when you have a subject in front of you like a person for example, you press the shoot button fully and you'll see a white square around his head but the camera won't take the picture until the person smiles....in the process the square turns green, and you can also adjust the sensitivity of smile shutter

there are a couple of phone that have smile shutters like the Sony Ericsson C905, LG KC910 Renoir, Samsung M8800 and i8510.

Top Bottom