• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

This is just some stuff I've gotten over the past 2 weeks:

2dugplf.jpg

My sister got me some really comfy slippers from Old Navy. I bought Left 4 Dead last week (first time I've ever paid full price for a PC and bought it near launch date :lol). The EGM came in the mail and the MGS3: Subsistence guide I got for 3 bucks new while browsing in a discount bookstore. I got the Axe package from a wholesale store only because it was 10 bucks and I hadn't used it in almost 2 years.

I picked up this pack:

ilm12month04.jpg

...for $4.97. Not bad for Crimson Skies and an original Xbox Communicator, right? Well, the 12-Month Xbox Live cards from these kits still work. :D

Retailers not knowing what they're selling FTW. I picked up THREE of these:

xblsk5.jpg

Funny thing is that when I left, there were still two left that I might pick up tomorrow!

I put in two of the keys and already my LIVE sub doesn't expire until 12/19/2010! I may just pick up the other two kits they have just to make sure I don't have to pay for LIVE until well into the next Xbox system's life cycle. :D

knitoe

DeejayKnight said:
I picked up this pack:

...for $4.97. Not bad for Crimson Skies and an original Xbox Communicator, right? Well, the 12-Month Xbox Live cards from these kits still work. :D

Retailers not knowing what they're selling FTW. I picked up THREE of these:

Funny thing is that when I left, there were still two left that I might pick up tomorrow!

I put in two of the keys and already my LIVE sub doesn't expire until 12/19/2010! I may just pick up the other two kits they have just to make sure I don't have to pay for LIVE until well into the next Xbox system's life cycle. :D

Nice. Which store? Need to renew XBL subscription.

Grecco

I need to see if i can go to the local px to check if they have some of those kits left. The local KMarts are all out. (My XBL expired in 2011 :lol )

Stuff from earlier...

2008novpickup01.jpg

And stuff from Black Friday, minus Gundam vs Gundam.

2008novpickup02.jpg

I had no idea the wireless keypads came out until today. :lol

Plus I pre-ordered a PS3 SFIV Premium Arcade Stick today as well. Didn't know I had to throw down $50 bones for the minimum. I also got SSFIITHDR for the Triple.

Whelp, after the complete retardness of black friday, people have to be a little short up there to do this and even shorter in that department to enjoy shopping on this day. I mean RadioShack didn't even have a Dualshock 3 in; and for what I assumed would be pretty popular, they only had 3 in stock...3! :| One person buys 2 and the other guy buys the last...

Otherwise; I got some pretty good deals...

BlackFriday1.jpg

Dead Space=30$
Burnout Paradise=20$ (I feel bad for not supporting these guys for all the content they released but I hated the demo with the open world, but for 20 bucks I cant pass it up) :)
BIA: Hells Highway=20$(man this game bombed and fast, but I am glad I waited and didnt pay 60)
Rainbow Six: V2=20$, for 20 bucks I am going to love this rehash that I would have hated for 60 during the summer!
Simpsons Game= 10$
Turok=20$, terrible game I know but I do love this series
Sims 2=10$ for my sister
HotD2&3=10$ Hopefully its a fun playthrough, still want to pick up Umbrella Chronicles...
FF Tactics=10$, for 10 dollars impossible to pass up since I love the PS version but hate that I don't get the absolutely ridiculous and non-nonsensical commentary which was terribly translated to english as an original.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My goodies won't hit until December, so all the people who store bought BF get this thread, and the internet/Cyber Monday people get the December thread :lol

h3ro

MarkMan, is it possible to get a shot of the other side of the controller? I'd like to see how the hand grips are shaped... thanks.

Ecto311

2qnyydg.jpg

Banjo and the stick were gifts for my birthday on the 26th

Lost planet is so fuckin awesome I needed the limited edition to go with my standard. But for some reason the bonus disc doesn't do anything when I put it in the 360.

The cards and stick are just in time for sfhd but I'm not sure if I want to use it or build a stick.

Cronen

Ecto311 said:
Lost planet is so fuckin awesome I needed the limited edition to go with my standard. But for some reason the bonus disc doesn't do anything when I put it in the 360.

The Bonus CD only works in a PC ;-)

Beatles Monopoly (didn't even know they made these, but I had to get it):
PB283581.jpg

DVDs from Circuit City:
PB283583.jpg

Fox and DC shirts and American Apparel hoodie:
PB283582.jpg

Got everything except Gears today. Used the B2G1 deal at Gamestop, so Star Ocean was kind of bought on a whim. I remember enjoying it a few years back, so whatever, though might return it cos the discs are scratched to hell.
PB283584.jpg

Some CDs and a Beatles chord book:
PB283585.jpg

Got a lot of Christmas shopping done, surprisingly.

Not pictured are a pair of Nikes, two Kings of Leon CDs, and Left 4 Dead (PC) from Amazon.:D

ibu

Kagari said:
That's out now? I needs it!
Trust me... you don't!
Human is not a bad track. The rest... not a good album imo. Good that the Killers are diversifying and trying new stuff. But still it will be compared to Hot Fuss and that was a more accomplished album.

CTLance

My IT crowd season 2 DVD arived yesterday. Woo yay hoopla etc pp.
w1dv6d.jpg

Also, found the guide for pocket change, and I swear it talked to me. "You haven't finished your playthrough, you weakling" it whispered. "Buy me", it beckoned.
What can I say. I'm weak like that. Now how am I gonna rope one of my friends into playing the game with me... again.

The IT crowd DVD menu is once again mindblowingly awesome. Can't wait for season 3.
s49r3q.png

( I'm about as straight as can be, but I want a certain poster. I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something?)

Aaaanyway. Two digital distribution license purchases happened recently too:
352rjma.png

3hgrs.png

5 bucks per game for DRMware, which is my upper ceiling for that stuff, and 10 bucks for the DRM free software. 20 € well spent, even considering that I bought UT2004 years ago. Having a digital copy just feels better somehow.

TQ sucks insofar as it doesn't let me switch to the english UI. UGH. Those bastards made it sound like there were a bunch of languages to shoose from.
And it's so easy. My Fire/Nature mage oneshotkills the normal monsters, and aside from gettig gangbanged by a roaming +7 monster and his archer friends I haven't come close to dying. Meh. Maybe my green Mage staff with the huge fire boni is simply too overpowered. Lucky me... I guess. Still, it detracts from the game somewhat.
Not really understanding the hype for the game so far (on my way to Delphi at the moment). But whatever.
It's a nice romp full of slightly ugly artwork (it reminds me of the time when prerendered graphics were all the rage), and my inner dungeon crawler whore is sufficiently addicted. Good game, but could be so much better. Will play the expansion next and see what that is all about.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
LiK said:
hm, not everything arrived so i'll post it next month.

MM, i guess you approve of SSFII HD?

Of course! I loved ST to begin with, so this game/refreshing is a blessing!

Top Bottom