• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Dartastic

Fuck it. I'll just wait until it's readily available. I swear Nintendo better not pull this bullshit with the Switch.
I'll be so mad if they pull this shit with the Switch. I'm just trying to get the NES Classic for my girlfriend for Christmas... if I can't get it, I'm sure it'll be fine.

With the Switch however... that's mine. I need to get that thing.

It's fine if they have limited quantities. What's not fine is putting it up 20 minutes after you said you would and having the cart glitch out.

I'll be so mad if they pull this shit with the Switch. I'm just trying to get the NES Classic for my girlfriend for Christmas... if I can't get it, I'm sure it'll be fine.

If 27 years of buying consoles have thought me anything is to not expect to get your hands on one on release day, unless you are willing to wait for a few hours in line.

Tansut

In my F5ing frenzy I accidentally refreshed during a brief flash of the page saying "Add to cart". That one hurt.

Nakazato

Got on for my dad so excited. I didn't care about me but he asked for it and I was going to do my damnest to get it for his 60th

Lucent

Crap is stupid. I had it at the last button press to finalize my order and "out of stock". I don't know how people were getting through fast enough to beat me like that. I was sitting here refreshing the whole time.

jrcbandit

Wanted to get another one for a gift to family, but it's really lame that Walmart said 4 PM and then it randomly goes in stock around 4:20ish...

Boke1879

At least they'll allow preorders for Switch. They should be able to fulfill for anyone who wants one.

But even for this. I don't get why the didn't allow preorders and just make a bunch of them. This shit can't take long to make.

The mania has set in, and everybody knows about it. Even if Nintendo is able to double or triple the amount of NES Classics they released so far between now and Christmas, it's going to be hard to get one because every eBay scalper and opportunist is going to be going after these things and many have tools at their disposal that normal people won't have.

bots dude, bots

Yeah, It's extremely difficult for an unaided human to score one at this point.

After Christmas, you'll be able to pick them up easily because many scalpers will return all their unsold stock at that point. Then you'll be able to pay normal MSRP for a unit that's already been bought and returned once.

Lucent

Any Wal-Mart bros know when stores get their re-stocks?

I'm a Walmart bro, but we don't know exact dates. We order stuff and it gets in when it gets in. My managers put in for a big order, but I dunno when it'll be fullfilled. Hopefully soon.

GeeDuhb

I was able to snag one from Walmart. Pro-tip for those of you trying the rest of the week: Try to get it in your cart when it goes up and then go to your cart and just keep clicking "check out" even after you get the message "not currently available."

It kept going in and out of stock, as the site was getting slammed. It took me a few times in the cart clicking checkout, but I was able to get it to go through.

Any Wal-Mart bros know when stores get their re-stocks?

They said that they will restock every day this week at 2pm pt (online), so I assume that means controllers too?

I'm a Walmart bro, but we don't know exact dates. We order stuff and it gets in when it gets in. My managers put in for a big order, but I dunno when it'll be fullfilled. Hopefully soon.

What I don't get is that we are pretty knowledgeable and have been following this launch since last Friday... how the hell are normal people supposed to ever get their hands on this before Christmas - especially when they may not even have heard of it before these last couple of days? And what if they haven't seen it on the news - would this not make the perfect impulse buy for 30 or 40 year olds who played the NES "back in the day" but perhaps haven't kept up with video gaming since?

Doesn't make ANY sense to me. But what do I know? I don't run a major video game company. I just want to play old NES games on my HDTV legally without having to fool with an emulator device and play a bunch of old pirated ROMS I got off the internet.

Help me to help you Nintendo!

KaYotiX

Banned
Ninja Gaiden is my new favorite NES game, I absolutely love the difficulty and precision required to beat stages. I personally think the boss stages are pretty easy, but it's a nice way to relax after going thru difficulty hell with the stages.

2 is the best in the series. Go play it if you haven't before :)

//ARCANUM

I've got a bad case of "crap why did I do a good deed?"

I bought this when it dropped on bestbuy the first night, not because I wanted it, but in case I knew anyone who wanted it for MSRP. A friend took me up on it and already gave me PayPal for it. Today it shows up and dammit, now I want it LOLOL. Of course I'm not gonna go back on him, but I've got one of these darn things staring me in the face and I can't get my hands on another. *facepalm*

Shoebox

I was able to snag one from Walmart. Pro-tip for those of you trying the rest of the week: Try to get it in your cart when it goes up and then go to your cart and just keep clicking "check out" even after you get the message "not currently available."

It kept going in and out of stock, as the site was getting slammed. It took me a few times in the cart clicking checkout, but I was able to get it to go through

This. Don't back out, just keep clicking. If you get it in your cart, you're halfway there. Rinse and repeat That's how it worked for me anyways. Probably clicked "check out" then "back to cart" 100 times-then boom, the checkout process continued and went through.

BriGuy

If you think about it, the SNES (and possibly N64) mini is basically already made considering the NESmini is supposedly significantly more powerful than the Wii. Nintendo just needs to put the innards into a different plastic case and they're pretty much good to go.

AgeEighty

My bestbuy order still on preparing and still saying get it by 11/18 =[

Same here. Starting to suspect it's like someone said earlier in the thread and they're just going to cancel it.

If that happens, I'm going to raise holy hell with them, though it probably won't make much difference: in my experience Best Buy gives less than a shit about customer service issues either at the store or the corporate level.

Toth

Someone said their Best Buy order was delayed to dec. but I have not received any emails about it either. I called them and they said by Friday...

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Is this also where we talk about the book Playing with Power? Or is it all about the limited supply still? Would be interested in some impressions on it.

When it went up at Walmart I refreshed a ton of times and I got it into my cart but couldn't get passed that. Every time I clicked checkout it said out of stock. It's still sitting in my cart though! Hoping next time it goes up I'll be able to continue with it already in my cart and make it through checkout.

My Target preorder finally arrived so I thought I'd head to Walmart to see if maybe they had a controller for sale (very small town).

No first party ones but they did have this third party piece of garbage: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYYGBQM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I figured I'd bite the bullet and get it, just in case if worked. When I went to check out it rung up as "DO NOT SELL" and was apparently recalled. So if you happened to buy this piece of crap maybe you can get your money back?

My Target preorder finally arrived so I thought I'd head to Walmart to see if maybe they had a controller for sale (very small town).

No first party ones but they did have this third party piece of garbage: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LYYGBQM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I figured I'd bite the bullet and get it, just in case if worked. When I went to check out it rung up as "DO NOT SELL" and was apparently recalled. So if you happened to buy this piece of crap maybe you can get your money back?

what;s the deal with that? I remember hearing it works on Wii but not on Nes Mini?

tmac456

haven't been following the release details of this thing...

is this at some point going to be more readily available or is it going to be a constant battle to get one?

Top Bottom