• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Spades

10488538_1.jpg

Do you think that these will ever be sold in the UK?

Guys, heads up!!

Amazon reviews and a couple people on AtariAge are reporting that the EMiO controllers (both the stick and gamepad) DO NOT WORK ON THE NES MINI. Some people are theorizing that EMiO developed their controllers with Wiimote hardware instead of a NES Mini in order to meet the launch date and so for some reason it's not compatible and it shipped without them ever having a chance to check it. I hope someone here can confirm or tell us otherwise, but until then, be careful.

Yeah, this post about those Emio sticks is from the previous page.

acm2000

Please see Wii U's current firmware status (wide open to piracy for almost a full year), and its VC (dreadful graphical and audio performance since launch) and resubmit your question.

In other words: nope.

Yeah but this thing is actually gonna be relatively successful unlike wiiu 😛

Shiggy

The thread title is a big fail. If you want to make a Europe-related joke, put in the proper name of the system :p

cyba89

Great, DHL seems to have fucked up my delivery. Still haven't got it despite it apparantly being in the target packet center near me since yesterday night. Contacted Amazon who contacted DHL who said they will deliver it "as soon as possible". Didn't arrive today...
That's what I get for preordering months in advance. >.<

I would buy it somewhere else, but obviously it's not possible to buy it somewhere else. :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Are you sure you want it now that we know it only works with Wii/Wii U and not the NES Classic Mini?

This company looks to be in trouble if true.

WOW. Is this true?? Amazing.

edit: According to Amazon reviews, it does not. I think this is kind of a spectacular L. I can't think of another instance of a third party gaming accessory failing to work at all.

Obviously they tested it on Wii and thought it was all good, but nope.

Amazon.fr shipped my mini and extra controller. So there were pre orders in France.
Should arrive on monday!

I'm still not sure why I bought this though.

Lettuce

Double Dragon 2 has characters going transparent constantly, even when walking. Is that normal?

I used to remember their elbows flickering a lot!, still an Awesome game though and at least it was 2 player unlike the first NES game.

Still to this day i remember the feeling of excitement when my bother came home with DD1 and then dreed and disappointment flood over my 8 year old self as me and my older brother came to the realisation that Double Dragon on the NES wasn't a simultaneous 2 player game :(

Celine

Im getting one of those Mini Sega Megadrives from Argames after all this time. Im all about Sega not Nintendo
Good luck, AtGames products are usually quite shoddy.

I used to remember their elbows flickering a lot!, still an Awesome game though and at least it was 2 player unlike the first NES game.

Still to this day i remember the feeling of excitement when my bother came home with DD1 and then dreed and disappointment flood over my 8 year old self as me and my older brother came to the realisation that Double Dragon on the NES wasn't a simultaneous 2 player game :(
Yeah the lack of coop is a big blow for a beat em up.

Those other controllers, do they work in port 2? I recall hearing you were required to use the NES controller to play in port 1, couldn't use a classic controller.

Celine

He implied that he likes that:
I see what you did there.
Mega Drive nor some of its best games are shoddy.

He imply he want a plug and play device for Sega consoles, I just warn him to check if he is comfortable with AtGames products quality before buying.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh neat. My title suggestion was chosen. <3

Mine arrived today. Well technically it came yesterday, but I was out all day so missed delivery, so despite Amazon dispatching it at Midnight, they did get it to me day one as promised.

I have to say, it is really nicely and tightly packed in the box. Not a single bit of space wasted.

MrBenchmark

Those other controllers, do they work in port 2? I recall hearing you were required to use the NES controller to play in port 1, couldn't use a classic controller.
I played several games with only the Wii classic controller pro plugged in worked perfect even used the left analog stick instead of the D-pad.

TheMoon

Sorry if this is derailing the topic, but is there a good walkthrough or guide for Final Fantasy? I'm playing a bit of it but I never got used to magic being limited.

No, after 30 years, there is still no guide for Final Fantasy anywhere .(

We're going to get more...right?

Obviously.

Nintendo already tweeted out they'll restock steadily all through January for now.

Chances of Nintendo being able to patch this thing? Or if they're even going to be bothered too

How would you patch a thing that is not connected to the internet in any way and accepts no form of physical media?

I really hope they do a SNES classic and eventually an n64 classic

N64 classis is never gonna happen. Reasons are obvious, too.

Turnbl

Just tried my Wii Classic Controller (the white lozenge shaped one) - works fine in both ports, including the home button to go back to the menu. Only the controller in port 1 can control the menu. The pad that comes with the system also works fine in both ports.

Also if using 2 controllers and wanting to use the classic controller in port 1, you'll need to remove the clear plastic guard. Unfortunately it's the non-standard 3 spoke head, but luckily I had a screwdriver from an old Wii toolkit. The screws need to go back in afterwards or one side of the plastic plug cover will be loose.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If people are so desperate for a mini NES, I cant begin to imagine the demand for a mini SNES.
Now that's one I would actually be desperate for.

I still haven't opened up my Mini and was super tempted to last night just based on nostalgia, but opted to load up an emulator on my laptop instead so off too eBay it goes.

D.Lo

N64 classis is never gonna happen. Reasons are obvious, too.
I don't see any obvious reason. It's old enough to be easily emulated, the games are small, it would be great. It would have less games, maybe 10, and they'd likely boost resolution to 640x480 like the Virtual console.

The only real issue would be that getting Rare's games on it would be hard. But even a Mario64/Zeldas/Smash/Kart/Party/Wave Race/1080/Star Fox box would go down a treat.

Chastten

Banned
I don't see any obvious reason. It's old enough to be easily emulated, the games are small, it would be great. It would have less games, maybe 10, and they'd likely boost resolution to 640x480 like the Virtual console.

The only real issue would be that getting Rare's games on it would be hard. But even a Mario64/Zeldas/Smash/Kart/Party/Wave Race/1080/Star Fox box would go down a treat.

The obvious reason is that N64 doesn't have the same selling power that the NES has. It has a lot less nostalgia attached to it for many people, and a lot of it's games haven't aged that well.

I can see a SNES Mini coming in the next few years, but I have a hard time seeing an N64 mini. I'd personally love it, but I can't see it selling even a quarter of what the NES Mini will do, and I doubt that'll be enough for Nintendo to consider it.

maxcriden

The thread title is a big fail. If you want to make a Europe-related joke, put in the proper name of the system :p

No room. And theres no great way to abbreviate either name. ^^

Perhaps you'd like purseowner's awesome subtitle better: An HDMI Link to the Past. Ee need to save that for the SNES Classic, though.

Some of these 2nd hand prices are nuts. At that point I rather get a collection of real NES carts and a HDMI capable NES instead. These prices defeat the novelty of me getting one. Eh, it gets massed produce anyway, so I'll wait.

Andyliini

I was just informed by Verkkokauppa, that ,my preorder was too late, there was too little stock. They promised small restocks in December and a bigger one for January. Looks like I need to wait a little bit longer, but I'm in no hurry. Would just be interesting to see how it works personally.

I thought this might be the case after seeing that the 3rd party NES advantage knock-off doesn't work on the mini NES, but I've just tried using my Mayflash NES/SNES to Wii classic controller adapter with no success. Just thought I'd share it here in case anyone was planning on trying this setup as a way of getting around the short cable on the packed in controller.

Top Bottom