• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

//ARCANUM

If anybody is interested, I did an unboxing of the Edge Joystick by Emio. It's surprisingly cool for $25 (got it at Fry's). Plays exactly as you'd expect it to as well!

7fVep9C.jpg

Also, if you're familiar with how these originally didn't work with the NES Classic and had to be recalled, apparently they fixed them by making a little adapter add on thing that when plugged in makes them work. Simple, but apparently effective solution!

I'm surprised they even included a battop for this thing, lol!

Anyways, the unboxing is here if you're curious:

http://www.floko.tv/video/1091414-edge-joystick-unboxing

(I can remove the link if mods don't want me to post it.)

DoT2

Does anyone know if the tatsunoko vs capcom arcade stick for Wii uses the classic controller pcb? If it does then it should work on the nes classic correct?

Radnom

What's a good TV or monitor for this thing?

I was thinking of getting a small monitor for it with HDMI in and some in-built speakers.

Preferably something with fast refresh rate and low input lag, so probably TN, or are cheaper IPS good enough? It outputs at 1080p so a native support for that resolution (even though the games themselves are a 4:3 (or 8:7) ratio) is preferred, correct? Would a USB out port be enough to charge the NES Mini?

Ideally, I could just plug the NES Mini into the monitor, and plug the monitor into the wall, and sit down in front of it with a buddy and play some NES games together. Any pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

Would be kinda neat to set it up on a CRT, but I don't think that's really feasible for me.

Overtech

Neo Member
I thought it was bad when Amazon started selling the NES Classic exclusively through their Now service, but then GameStop topped that with these overpriced bundles just so they can move the crap that they can't sell normally. I thought we'd be over this by now.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
More GS ripoff available

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Nintendo+NES+Classic+Edition+Bundle

*Not applicable for return on any products that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete and in sealed new condition

that looks like a great deal tbh .

a longer piece of wire!
a cool led light triforce! its zelda!
And a wireless controller i mean it's 2017 who wants to be wired right?
+the nintendo classic with 60 games!

i am so getting this bundle

jmizzal

I thought it was bad when Amazon started selling the NES Classic exclusively through their Now service, but then GameStop topped that with these overpriced bundles just so they can move the crap that they can't sell normally. I thought we'd be over this by now.

Yea GS is scummy, when I got the bundle I was able to return items and got the full amount back, now you get less back for the extra items.

Brizzo24

Have been looking for a loooooooooooong time. Ordered it from BestBuy.com, and it's FREE shipping (had no other choice as there were none within 250 miles of my southern California zip code.)

Thank you guys for posting updates. Happiness +1

maxcriden

edit: nvm, came out wrong - intended as thinking aloud but may have unintentionally read rudely or like I was open to selling a controller. Sorry all.

Top Bottom