• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

hayejin

Missed out on BB bc the dumb GS bundle became available and the alert was going crazy every minute so I turned off the alert and didn't get BB notification afterwards.

Gamestop screws you over in many different ways.

Felensis

Banned
I managed to get my hands on one four weeks ago, but I want a second controller, too. The official one, but they start at 40€ because all these fucking scalpers. Won't she'll out that much when the RRP was just 9.99

finally got one, decided to check out BB website before the notification went up, saw it in stock,....quickly purchased one and now finally got my confirmation ...today was a good day *shout out ice cube*

Brizzo24

finally got one, decided to check out BB website before the notification went up, saw it in stock,....quickly purchased one and now finally got my confirmation ...today was a good day *shout out ice cube*

I ordered mine about 2 hours ago from BB's website. Still labeled as "Preparing." So you received a confirmation email from BB that it was processed or shipped?

Lt.Chips

I received an email from BB confirming my order as well. Thanks GAF! I only noticed it was in stock at BB because of this thread and the other one.

Lgndryhr

Received my order confirmation email about 20 mins ago. Woohoo! Missed it last time Best Buy did this. So glad I got one this time.

Brizzo24

I received an email from BB confirming my order as well. Thanks GAF! I only noticed it was in stock at BB because of this thread and the other one.

Received my order confirmation email about 20 mins ago. Woohoo! Missed it last time Best Buy did this. So glad I got one this time.

Arggggh, happy for you two but damn, where's my confirmation Best Buy?!

Edit:
SPPP7LQ.jpg

0racle

Hey guys,

I just landed on an NES classic. Now, I did some reading on adding more games but I feel it was an outdated version.

I am rather confused, what is the latest and greatest software to use? and an easy, step by step hastle free guide to use it?

I heard you can add like 1000+ games now? is there a limit?

Thanks so much in advance

sk3tch

^
Just have zoolert in your browser - https://www.zoolert.com/videogames/consoles/nintendo/nes-classic-mini/ - it'll even make a nice bird sound through your speakers when in stock if you happen to be away from your PC. Took me weeks, but patience finally got me there. Had to avoid all of those crappy GameStop bundles.

Also check Prime Now if they're in your area. That's how I bought one as a gift for my bro-in-law around Christmas. Zoolert doesn't check them so I just query this URL: https://primenow.amazon.com/search?k=nes+classic&p_95=&merchantId=&ref_=pn_gw_nav_ALL.

Don't buy from a scalper. Eventually the supply issues will be fixed and/or people will start selling them when they're sick of it. Heh.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Ordered one earlier from Best Buy but didnt receive an email. Just check and I got an email at 3:30 saying it was preparing. I finally, after months of trying will have a mini! So excited!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Damn. I feel like this thread is the most reliable source for updates on stock... Is there a way I can get this thread to buzz my phone?

Jeesh. I'll NEVER get one! Funny story: Last night I had a dream that I got a NES Classic and you could connect a dog bone PSX controller to it. Lolol

I keep an eye out on this thread, check Bricksell, and keep tabs on the multiple Gamestops in the area... and Ive STILL yet to see an actual NES classic, even showing in stock online.

I was wrong. I thought the froathing demand for these would fall dramatically once the holidays past. I was very wrong. Here we are mid February almost, and as someone thats kept a pretty constant tab on it, still have never been close to finding one.

I keep an eye out on this thread, check Bricksell, and keep tabs on the multiple Gamestops in the area... and Ive STILL yet to see an actual NES classic, even showing in stock online.

I was wrong. I thought the froathing demand for these would fall dramatically once the holidays past. I was very wrong. Here we are mid February almost, and as someone thats kept a pretty constant tab on it, still have never been close to finding one.

Yeah, I don't even bother keeping tabs on it even though I would love to have one. Just seems a bit futile still. I can't be F5ing the internet all day to play some dusty old games.

Blues1990

So, is Nintendo going to (eventually) end production on these things in the near future? I'm worried that I'll never be able to snag one.

^
Just have zoolert in your browser - https://www.zoolert.com/videogames/consoles/nintendo/nes-classic-mini/ - it'll even make a nice bird sound through your speakers when in stock if you happen to be away from your PC. Took me weeks, but patience finally got me there. Had to avoid all of those crappy GameStop bundles.

Also check Prime Now if they're in your area. That's how I bought one as a gift for my bro-in-law around Christmas. Zoolert doesn't check them so I just query this URL: https://primenow.amazon.com/search?k=nes+classic&p_95=&merchantId=&ref_=pn_gw_nav_ALL.

Don't buy from a scalper. Eventually the supply issues will be fixed and/or people will start selling them when they're sick of it. Heh.

They have it but don't have prime now in my area yet. Is there anyway to trick it by using a UPS drop box or something?

Edit: Sold out now :(

Was a bit nervous but my order from Best Buy yesterday shipped today, thankfully.

Any simple step-by-step guides for adding games besides the ArsTechnica NeoGAF thread?

There are no reports of recent NES Classic minis not being soft-moddable are there?

Lgndryhr

Lemaitre

Banned
Surprised to learn that my Nes Classic will already arrive today from Bestbuy.

Can't wait. My wireless 8bitdo controller arrives today as well....

JABEE

My 2nd NES classic is still showing as Order Received. How long does it take to move to preparing.

My other NES Classic shipped.

Thanks for the info, NES Classic should be arriving today or tomorrow.

One more question, anyone tried any modded NES games? There are a few baseball games (RBI, Baseball Stars specifically) out there with modded rosters/teams from year's past that I'd like to add.

Top Bottom