• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic Edition Thread: Now You're Playing With Power* *Sold Separately in Europe

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Which extension cords has everyone purchased? I see so many variants out there, does it even matter? I'm thinking a two pack I see on walmart.com

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Use nowinstock.com text alerts. That's how I got mine.

I agree. I've had it come up twice now when they were on stock online. If you can set up an alert from amazon.de , that's where I got mine. I've read bere that Amazon Germany gets them more frequently.

Mafro

Just got a dispatch email for my order from the Nintendo UK store with a tracking number for delivery tomorrow but the order status on the site says it's still processing and the estimated dispatch is on March 10th. Weird.

I have been looking for it during months and I finally got one, at non-speculated price. :)

Paying tactic was to randomly check amazon around 6:30am and 9:30am, on a daily basis.

The lack of availability of this console is crazy!

First impressions:
- It's really small and cute and full of nostalgia
- Cables are ridiculously shorts
- Watching your kids having fun with these games is worthless :)

Got an adapter that lets me use an old NES controller on the classic mini. Works perfectly!

Got the rounded AV Famicom controllers too... :)

TankRizzo

Banned
cH3J194l.png[

😑

Called Amazon and it's gonna be a redilivery tomorrow. I picked my work address cause someone is there but I didn't know it was gonna be a Sunday delivery.

Got an adapter that lets me use an old NES controller on the classic mini. Works perfectly!

Got the rounded AV Famicom controllers too... :)

I picked up a couple of the Mayflash ones.

NES dogbone controllers are super comfy. SNES too.

And lots of cord on them.

It's so weird Nintendo shipped the classic with such a ridiculously short cord.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I got mine in today hooray!

Man installing your own roms is a pretty long process, I did think it would be faster, but oh well.

First thought: Damn that standard NES controller is NOT comfortable! I've been spoiled rotten by modern controllers! I think I'll probably mostly stick with the Wii Classic Controller Pro, it's pretty much the perfect D-pad centered controller in existence.

But yeah that UI is soooo good! I'm going to enjoy loading it up with my favorite NES/SNES/N64 games and seeing those boxarts.

Vitacat

I'm never gonna be able to get one of these fucking things, am I? Can't even get someone a birthday present because of shit Nintendo and shit scalpels.

:/
Ironically my local stores have a bunch of peripherals for it on the shelves, i.e. pads, even an arcade stick!!!

But you cannot buy the actual NES Classic itself!

Xbudz

Mine should be here on Wednesday.
Received the adapter to use the original 80's controllers and a couple extension cords.

I'm ready.

Mine should be here on Wednesday.
Received the adapter to use the original 80's controllers and a couple extension cords.

I'm ready.

Do those really work?

I have a few Joycard SSS Sansui controllers with Turbo Fire and I want to see if I can get those working with Gradius on the NES Classic Mini. >_>

Joqu

In stock at Amazon UK just now https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IFJEWTM/

EDIT: sold out within minutes bloody hell

Fuck

I snagged one on Coolblue (a dutch webshop) but that order got cancelled because they took too many. We've heard this story before but they claim this was the proper last batch ever too. I hope I can still grab one somewhere.

For the dutchies here :

Mine arrived yesterday. Flashed with extra ROMS, got a 6 foot extension cable and I'm looking forward to jamming R.C. Pro-Am tonight for the first time in 25 years! Used to take acid with a buddy and play it all night.

Ocaso

Played mine for the first time last night and I was surprised how much I actually liked the CRT filter. O_O

The CRT filter looks great. I especially liked it when I had the chance to try it out on an actual 720p display. My TV doesn't scale it quite as nicely as it should look.

Xbudz

Getting my NES Classic today!!! Should help alleviate the potential sting of not getting my Switch on time :)

Top Bottom