• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu: Assload of New Games Announced (Kirby, Peach, DS, etc.)

john tv

For example:

- Famicom Wars (GC / Nintendo) - sadly, it's just the crappy US-developed Advance Wars GC
- Chibi-Robo! (GC / Nintendo) - new fantasy RPG for GC
- Sennen Kazoku (GBA / Nintendo) - "comical simulation" game for GBA (translates to "Millennium Family"
- The Tower SP (GBA / Nintendo) - looks like a new version of Yoot Saito's tower game
- Nonono Puzzle Chai-rien (GBA / Nintendo) - puzzle game starring Hip Tanaka's "chee-chai alien" characters
- Touch! Kirby: Mahou no Efude (DS / Nintendo) - new Kirby action game (translates to Touch! Kirby: The Magic Paintbrush)
- Super Princess Peach (DS / Nintendo) - looks like a side-scrolling action/adventure game starring ol' PP
- Harvest Moon for DS (DS / Marvelous) - wash the animals with the stylus!
- Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Shiroi Kage no Shoujo (GBA / Marvelous) - hard-boiled adventure game

Other tidbits:

- MP2 is now called "Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes" in Japan (I like it better)
- Star Fox 2 is now called "Star Fox Assault"
- New pics of Mario Kart DS, Odama (GC), Another (DS), Animal Crossing DS (looks like the view is more 3D-ish, or "deep" now), Mario Party Advance and Geist

Good issue, I'd say!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I hope they make a sequel for "Another", just for the chance of a game being called "Another Another".

Kiriku said:
I hope they make a sequel for "Another", just for the chance of a game being called "Another Another".

This reminds me: I hope that the first PSP hardware is fatally flawed, just so that Sony can later release the PSP SP.

Kirby DS? Huzzah! It's about time a Kirby game got announced. Magic Paintbrush though...? :p Harvest Moon DS is cool news as well.

Were any of the games shown at all in the issue, or just announced?

RMX

Banned
prier.jpg

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Chibi Robo wasn't even an RPG was it? Most of the GC media in those screen looks pretty old. What's the game next to Star Fox?

Oooh, I like how Kirby is looking, but it's coming off a little Yoshi's Youch & Goish. And what in the hell happened to Animal Crossing? It looks really different even with the zoom in view. It just doesn't look like the same game.

etiolate

Banned
The Peach game looks like a GBA game. Does it use the second screen or stylus at all?

Another and Animal Crossing have me interested.

Jonnyram

Man that's a lot of new Nintendo games there. I hope some of these are playable at Touch! DS. They seem to have a huge number of developers working for them nowadays.
The Tower looks intriguing, and although the shots are quite dark, Oodama looks really cool.

acds.jpg

YES! Oh AC, how I love you so!

peach.jpg

Do I detect the slightest hint of Yoshi's Island?

mkds.jpg

Looking great!

EDIT:
kiryogi said:
PEACH! Could it be the next Yoshi's Island?! And Kirby DS looks HOT
Yes! Beaten while uploading images.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Perhaps the new Mario game turned into this Peach game. It certainly looks like a Mario platformer. I hope it controls like one too.

The Kirby game looks good.

neo2046

These pics are not scanned by me this time
I just forward them

cybamerc said:
Perhaps the new Mario game turned into this Peach game. It certainly looks like a Mario platformer. I hope it controls like one too.

The Kirby game looks good.
this should be a mistake
I just look at the DS schedule list
New Super Mario Bros is still listed

Princess Peach looks like Mario & Luigi RPG to me

RMX

Banned
wowwwwwwwwwwwww thankssssssssssssssssssssss neo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but what is in the rev.jpg picture ?

Andy787

Banned
Kiriku said:
Hahahaha. That made me laugh so hard for no reason. :(

Anyone mind describing how Another looks?

THANKS ALOT ...

OMG .. I'm gonna spend more than $1200 in the next 4 months

thats INSANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!111one!

I'm very happy to see Animal Crossing evolve a little bit. Even if I only have 2 screens to go by, it's quite obvious that this isn't going to be a straight port. Awesome stuff.

edit: I'm also pretty sure the right-most picture shows wireless connection again, as you can see two players on the screen. But what is with the funky second screen showing the sky? Pretty intriguing.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't see how Super Princess Peach looks anything like Yoshi's Island. It doesn't have any of that hand-drawn style I loved in Yoshi's Island. If anything, it looks more like the Super Mario World-style.

Jonnyram

Interesting how Nintendo are publishing all of these games. Looks to me like Bandai dropped Chibi Robo and Nintendo picked it up and turned it into something a little more snazzy. It certainly looks better than the old screens anyway.

Top Bottom