• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu: Assload of New Games Announced (Kirby, Peach, DS, etc.)

neo2046

Drakken said:
Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Shiroi Kage no Shoujo

Any scans/details on this game?
http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up10005.jpg
http://ranobe.com/up/updata/up10006.jpg

PkunkFury said:
Awesome, it looks like one of the Animal Crossing Screens features two players in the same screen. Hopefully this indicates some sort of co-op wi-fi play and not just town visiting. I also like that the characters can remove their hats, and it seems the top screen will be a sky??
you can link up 4 players to walk together (chat) in the village

up10007.jpg

Soul4ger

Wasn't Bandai originally supposed to publish ChibiRobo? I think it got a change of publisher, and style, from the looks of things. Appears to be shaping up.

And Geist looks much better, as does Advance Wars. Some cool stuff in these here pages.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Super Princess Peach really does look like a GBA game from those screens. I wonder how the second screen and/or touch capabilities will come into play. Looks pretty great though, with that Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi art style.

Kirby looks pretty cool too, at least in assuming how the gameplay will generally work.

I'm digging these 2D platform-type games that Nintendo seems to still be pursuing. They're what will get me to buy a DS. It'll be tough for me to hold out as long as I'd like if these and Yoshi Touch & Go come out sooner rather than later.

joshschw

Dan said:
I'm digging these 2D platform-type games that Nintendo seems to still be pursuing. They're what will get me to buy a DS. It'll be tough for me to hold out as long as I'd like if these and Yoshi Touch & Go come out sooner rather than later.

I'll be buying a DS just for these type of gmaes. I thought that Nintendo would start straying from them but I was wrong - thankfully.

Memles

Yes...translation on all of these would be simply awesome.

So it says four players in a town, neo? For Animal Crossing? That makes about sense to me. I'm hoping for possibly some cool town customization, then.

- Famicom Wars (GC / Nintendo) - sadly, it's just the crappy US-developed Advance Wars GC

The Wars naming convention seems to have been assassinated.

JackFrost2012 said:
This reminds me: I hope that the first PSP hardware is fatally flawed, just so that Sony can later release the PSP SP.
Also don't forget the DS upgrade with analog sticks and rumble, the DS DS.

Wow, Animal Crossing is looking significantly different. Looks like time has made it less of a straight port.

Dragmire

Super Princess Peach doesn't look like Mario & Luigi or Super Mario World. If anything, it looks quite close to Wario Land 4, graphically, which is better than either of those, IMO. And as a game it looks a lot cooler than I expected. Let's just say I was expecting lots of pink and hearts. And Kirby looks fantastic. I really hope you use the touchscreen a lot, and not just now and then to get Kirby past obstacles.

DS just looks great. Honestly, I don't remember seeing this much good looking content before the launch of any hardware before. But Nintendo's Japanese developers definitely aren't targeting the same demographic that NOA wants to. I understand why NOA is aiming older, but NCL's games look really great. If NOA wants more serious, US mainstream games, they're just going to have to make them or get third parties to. But as far as NCL is concerned, DS is going for the same demographic as the Gameboy line.

Scalemail Ted said:
Wow, Kirby DS looks alot like how I figured a Sonic game would play on the NDS.

Right, but a Sonic game where you make the actual road you're running on. What could be more is this: take a look at that screen with the loop. We might be able to discern to things from it

1) That the game has been designed so that kirby knows when to go through part of the very line he's on in a loop.

2) More importantly, this might point towards some really cool physics. It looks like the player is trying to get Kirby to go for the item in the bottom right. If he had just made a hill that went down, Kirby may have just gone flying right off and possibly die. By making that loop, the player is then in control of kirby's movements. Furthermore, you might have to even keep Kirby's momentum going by constantly adding hills and such to build up speed.

Now how awesome is that?

Memles

So...who's missing?

Yoshi - Check
Mario - Double Check
Peach - Check
Kirby - Check
Pokemon - Triple Check

Major characters missing - Luigi, Wario and Donkey Kong.

I think a Luigi's Mansion-themed game would work for him...I can see it being a point and click game. You cann control Luigi in the overworld areas, but in individual rooms, it goes to point and you touch an object and Luigi investigates it. If a ghost pops out, you have to keep ahold of the ghost with the stylus and pull back...or something. Would be interesting.

Wario...no brainer...Wario and Waluigi: Super-Villian Saga. DO IT, AD.

Donkey Kong...I'd love a new Donkey Kong Country title...but maybe the DS will get the DKC3 port...which doesn't have Donkey Kong IN it...so they might go with a different kind of game. We'll see.

Memles

Am I the only person who doesn't see Kirby like Sonic AT ALL, instead seeing it as what it is, Kirby in the form of a ball and you have to lead him through the stages with no control over Kirby other than the ramp systems you draw?

JasoNsider said:
Right, but a Sonic game where you make the actual road you're running on. What could be more is this: take a look at that screen with the loop. We might be able to discern to things from it

1) That the game has been designed so that kirby knows when to go through part of the very line he's on in a loop.

2) More importantly, this might point towards some really cool physics. It looks like the player is trying to get Kirby to go for the item in the bottom right. If he had just made a hill that went down, Kirby may have just gone flying right off and possibly die. By making that loop, the player is then in control of kirby's movements. Furthermore, you might have to even keep Kirby's momentum going by constantly adding hills and such to build up speed.

Now how awesome is that?

Yes this is how Sega should make Sonic

Memles said:
Am I the only person who doesn't see Kirby like Sonic AT ALL, instead seeing it as what it is, Kirby in the form of a ball and you have to lead him through the stages with no control over Kirby other than the ramp systems you draw?

That's like saying Mario Tennis is just Mario Brothers, but you have a tennis racket in your hand and you smack a ball around instead of completing levels. Kirby isn't necessarily like Sonic at all. However, it certainly doesn't seem to be like any other Kirby game to me. It's essentially a completely different idea, but using Kirby as a mascot. Same with Kirby's Tilt'n'Tumble.

Memles

JasoNsider said:
That's like saying Mario Tennis is just Mario Brothers, but you have a tennis racket in your hand and you smack a ball around instead of completing levels. Kirby isn't necessarily like Sonic at all. However, it certainly doesn't seem to be like any other Kirby game to me. It's essentially a completely different idea, but using Kirby as a mascot. Same with Kirby's Tilt'n'Tumble.

I guess I just think that there is no actual control of Kirby himself...making this an entirely different demon than Sonic games. A REALLY cool looking one, but for doesn't seem like a standard Sonic game.

john tv

Famicom Wars is just a tentative name. Sorry, I was being lazy, but the full title in Famitsu is "Famicom Wars: Latest Work."

I'm sure they'll give it a real name as it gets closer to completion. I was hoping it would just get cancelled but it's looking more and more likely now that it's been announced in Japan as well. :(

john tv said:
Famicom Wars is just a tentative name. Sorry, I was being lazy, but the full title in Famitsu is "Famicom Wars: Latest Work."

I'm sure they'll give it a real name as it gets closer to completion. I was hoping it would just get cancelled but it's looking more and more likely now that it's been announced in Japan as well. :(

LOL, there's a twist you don't see often. Wishing for a game to get cancelled.

amrum

john tv said:

Did you play it ?

Scalemail Ted said:
LOL, there's a twist you don't see often. Wishing for a game to get cancelled.

You wish it to be cancelled when the game is utter shit and trashes the franchise's good name.

Kinda similar to "Metroid" Prime.

Xellos

Memles said:
Donkey Kong...I'd love a new Donkey Kong Country title...but maybe the DS will get the DKC3 port...which doesn't have Donkey Kong IN it...so they might go with a different kind of game. We'll see.

If Nintendo's going to do Donkey Kong on DS they HAVE to get EAD to do a regular Donkey Kong game like DK '94. I bet EAD could come up with some awesome levels using the two screens, touch sensitivity, and a few 3D effects.

Dragona Akehi said:
You wish it to be cancelled when the game is utter shit and trashes the franchise's good name.

Kinda similar to "Metroid" Prime.

You couldn't have lost more respect. Best game of the gen as well as second best in the Metroid series. But sure I guess it trashed the franchise.

Booourns.

Jonnyram

john tv said:
Eh? It looks alright to me... I'm sure there'll be some element that makes it fun :p

krypt0nian said:
You couldn't have lost more respect. Best game of the gen as well as second best in the Metroid series. But sure I guess it trashed the franchise.

Booourns.

Since when do I have respect on this board? It matters little to me, to be honest. I say what I feel, in terms of gaming. Like it or not, I won't stay quiet.

All that matters, to me, is that they raped and killed my favourite franchise outside of Fire Emblem.

Looks like WARS might share the same fate. Blehh.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Raped? MP manages to maintain a lot of metroidisms for its first attempt. Inclduing sequence breaking and (1 hour) speed runs.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Dragona Akehi said:
Since when do I have respect on this board? It matters little to me, to be honest. I say what I feel, in terms of gaming. Like it or not, I won't stay quiet.

All that matters, to me, is that they raped and killed my favourite franchise outside of Fire Emblem.

Looks like WARS might share the same fate. Blehh.

*gives dragona a cookie*

Yes. Raped. It doesn't feel remotely like Metroid game (SPACE JUMP = DOUBLE JUMP?! among other things, like Samus feeling like a tank and not the agile warrior she is), and don't even get me started on the "art direction".

I've already said my piece on this. Do we really want to go through this all over again?

Samus is dead. Long live Samus.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
It doesn't feel remotely like Metroid game (SPACE JUMP = DOUBLE JUMP?! among other things, like Samus feeling like a tank and not the agile warrior she is), and don't even get me started on the "art direction".

I've already said my piece on this. Do we really want to go through this all over again?

Samus is dead. Long live Samus.

At least we might still get more 2D Metroid games... we're getting several other 2D DS games!

Meier

Cube Wars was actually kinda fun at E3. It's not a legitimate title in the series necessarily, but it really wasnt all that bad and is getting most of its hate just by people who are disappointed rather than by people who tried it out.

belgurdo

Banned
Let the rolleyes and popcorn commence...

And they need to do more on Super Peach. Dump that M&L art style and get Sexy Smash Brothers Peach in there and I'll buy two copies

Dragona Akehi said:
Compared to her 2D incarnations, that is shit. Sorry mac. She moves like she's underwater in Super Metroid sans Gravity Suit.

retrobomb.jpg

You have teh broke Gamecube.

"For our Factory Repair Service, we are not able to accept credit cards for repairs setup online. You are welcome to use a personal check or money order. If you wish to pay by Mastercard or Visa, please contact our Consumer Service department at 1-800-255-3700. We do not accept any other types of credit cards or C.O.D."

Ristamar

Advance Wars (GC) looks like it could be fun, if done properly. Why all the hate? It's not like Advance Wars DS isn't being developed in classic fashion as we speak.

Ristamar said:
Advance Wars (GC) looks like it could be fun, if done properly. Why all the hate? It's not like Advance Wars DS isn't being developed in classic fashion as we speak.

Much like classic metroids were made for the GBA?

Top Bottom