• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Famitsu: Assload of New Games Announced (Kirby, Peach, DS, etc.)

u_neek

migmini.jpg

Those harvest moon animal pictures have to be large pre-rendered sprites. That's the cleanest looking 3D shot I've seen from a DS game yet, so I'll assume it's just a sprite animation.

I'm at school right now and can't fiddle with the downloads. Are there any new Starfox pictures in there?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
i dig the new animal crossing perspective, kirby looks great too. Im glad most of these games are 2D :eek:

ge-man

Animal Crossing does look a lot nicer in the new perspective. An Mario Kart is looking real good--it's a lot closer to the GC MK than the N64.

Memles

Does it say a Japanese release date for HM? Does it? Huh, huh?

Because I WANT...even with it not foing the isometric view, it seems like it is a strong use of the touch screen (Menu system, makes a lot of sense) and the animal thing is cool enough to work.

Animal Crossing...wow. Looks stunning. VERY surprised, in all honesty, to see so much work done to it. As John said, it has DEPTH...in that one screen there is a house at a higher level than another. And...HAIR! One of them has hair! Not some stupid ass hat. Hair! If they seriously go complete wireless multiplayer with this, character customization could kick major ass.

Kirby...looks like Yoshi's Touch and Go, but at the same time looks to be Kirby Pinball. Kirby flies through a level, you have to draw lines to guide him through. Looks MUCH more fast paced than Yoshi.

Mario Kart...a little disappointed to see GIGANTICALLY wide tracks, honestly. But it LOOKS great.

So yeah...hoping for Mario Kart and Advance Wars this Spring so I can pick up a DS when it drops in price (Which now seems inevitable). Hoping to have AC and HM follow next fall. Plenty enough to justify a purchase.

atomsk

Party Pooper
woah, harvest moon lookin good. perhaps i'll convince the gf to get a DS too (i've already got mine paid off)

jarrod

Banned
Woah, Nintendo overlaod. :)

Everything looks great, and it's nice to see Nintendo getting close to Vivarium (Tower SP & Odama). Maybe Seaman DS is coming too?

Oh and can anyone post shots of that GBA puzzler and the new/improved ChibiRobo? The ZIP ain't working. :(

olimario

Banned
WTF! Chibirobo 2?
Is that Skip's secret game? Does it play differently than the crap first one?

And Mario Party GBA! I dig it, but it should be on the DS.

CrisKre

Great all around. Advance Wars GC is looking MUCH, MUCH better. I dig they stayed with the jap. art direction. Coolness.

olimario said:
WTF! Chibirobo 2?
Is that Skip's secret game? Does it play differently than the crap first one?

And Mario Party GBA! I dig it, but it should be on the DS.
erm i thought chibi robo was cancelled, and now obviously not? Unless the "first" one actually came out, wouldn't this still be the same game and not "2"?

olimario

Banned
ImNotLikeThem said:
erm i thought chibi robo was cancelled, and now obviously not? Unless the "first" one actually came out, wouldn't this still be the same game and not "2"?

The first one came out in Japan, did it not?
It got a fancy website and I even played it at E3 2003.

And somebody post the Geist screens... I'll lighten in photchop.

After seeing those Kirby's Magical Paintbrush pictures, all I had to say was - "oh my god."

I am absolutely startled that you can actually draw ramps and even loops like Sonic in real-time and have Kirby follow it. I am really impressed, from both an engineering standpoint and game design functionality.

CrisKre

Starfox needs to show some sort of development advancement sometime soon or I will finally get worried. At least they improved de hud :/

Xellos

Yeah, what's that last GBA game that neo posted? Looks kind of like Sim City.

Also the way Kirby is using the touch screen rocks. That's the kind of thing that I'm looking for with the DS.

jarrod

Banned
olimario said:
And am I wrong in saying that Chibirobo was released in Japan, just not here?
Yes... it never released anywhere.

joshschw said:
whoa, they ripped Simtowers graphics, great job:
simtower.jpg
It's the same game actually, SimTower was made by Yoot Saito/Vivarium iirc. This makes the 4th version...

-SimTower (PC/Windows) Maxis
-SimTower (MAC) Maxis
-Yoot's Tower (PC/Windows) Sega
-Tower SP (GBA) Nintendo

Also, can somebody translate to see if GC advance wars multiplayer is co-op or versus? I assume it's versus, but co-op is also a strong possibility as well. That engine is really pushing a lot of action.

lexi

Banned
jarrod said:
It's the same game actually, SimTower was made by Yoot Saito/Vivarium iirc. This makes the 4th version...

By the screens, I wouldn't call it the same game. Looks like an improved port, at the very least.

Jonnyram

JasoNsider said:
Also, can somebody translate to see if GC advance wars multiplayer is co-op or versus? I assume it's versus, but co-op is also a strong possibility as well. That engine is really pushing a lot of action.
That scan says versus, and in the screen you can see green team on the top, blue team on the bottom.

PkunkFury

Awesome, it looks like one of the Animal Crossing Screens features two players in the same screen. Hopefully this indicates some sort of co-op wi-fi play and not just town visiting. I also like that the characters can remove their hats, and it seems the top screen will be a sky??

Top Bottom