• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sengoku Basara 3 Hype Thread

AdawgDaFAB said:
Devil Kings isn't an amazing game, but it can serve as a decent introduction (especially for such a cheap price) to BASARA if you can't get the real stuff. My cousin originally got into the series through DK, and then watched the anime, and eventually just HAD to softmod his Wii and import the double pack lol.

Who knows this thread may very well become a testament of myself becoming a full blown or semi full on fan of the series in general. With that said I'm off to search for Devil Kings.

Xater

Urban Scholar said:
Who knows this thread may very well become a testament of myself becoming a full blown or semi full on fan of the series in general. With that said I'm off to search for Devil Kings.

If this thread gets more people into Sengoku Basara that would be awesome. The series needs the support to get some footing here in the west. I don't know how KOEI can release all their stuff over here but Capcom is so much trouble with this series.

Just did a random search to see how much DK goes for nowadays, saw this. I was actually going to buy DK myself a while back, just to add it to my collection, when I saw it at my local gamestop for $5. The box was all messed up tho so I decided against it that time and instead played more 2H when I got back because I was in the SB mood lol.

TreIII

badcrumble said:
I will forever resent this game for making everyone think it was Onimusha 5 when Capcom was teasing it.

This, again?

Fact of the matter is, if you were paying attention, you had no reason to even think this was going to be anything else BUT a Basara game. Kobayashi was teasing something on his blog for weeks/months before the game was unveiled, and well, Koba's main claim in the Capcom pantheon is DMC and BASARA. Not to mention the teaser page was linked to the SENGOKU BASARA HUB on Capcom's website! :lol

So many bitter tears would have been saved if people had just bothered to keep up with the trends or at least, do a bit more in the way of research. sprsk, myself and others TRIED to warn you people. :lol

Indeed, the evidence was clearly out there. The only people who thought it was something else were those who didn't heed the warnings or your diehard Onimusha fans of the Shenmue 3 variety lol.

Edit:

Site updated:
Mogami Yoshiaki and Hojo Ujimasa voices added, new pics with the Maedas/Kotaro/Tsuru/Mogami/Hojo, and Motonari's video.

Original Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWHwmC4Ivg
Video with subtitles here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0y50aY-oGA

Translations of last week's and this week's voices on the site:

Nine Demons Yoshitaka on KoeiWarriors message board said:
Toshiie's quote:

"Even if I'm hungry, the battle will end up well, somehow or other!
Something greater than what a hand can grasp...I'll protect it."

Matsu's quote:

"Matsu too is standing upon the castle's walls! Spring is the season for black rockfish!"

Ujimasa's quote:

"Goooo!! This is the moment for the Hojo to rise again!! I can see it...the whole world singing the praises of the Hojo houseee!!"

Yoshiaki's quote:

"I am the Fox of Dewa...the Great! The smart! Fox, is me! Sir Mogami is amazing...repeat after me!"

Edit again:
Intro to the game!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEG5mNEFjc

Xater

Damn you Adawg for your edit" I was just about to post the intro myself. :lol

I think the intro song is awful.

I am the complete opposite. I think the song is great. However, I do think it was the weakest of TM Revolution's BASARA songs. If I were to rank my favorite SB OP songs in order it would be: JAP-SBBH/Anime > Blade Chord-SB2H > Crosswise-SB1 > Naked Arms-SB3 > DIVE into Yourself-SB2.

Now for the intro itself: I really liked how it was not all MasaYuki based and I thought it was certainly unique in how it gave most of the newer cast a chance in the spotlight (did anyone else instantly think of Lightning when Maggie did that little spin to her feet w/ the panning camera?). It has a really interesting art style to it and is a great way to start the game by introducing gamers to the new characters they've revealed so far. All it was missing was a giant sized villain rising up and attacking everyone like Nobunaga in SB1 OP, Hideyoshi in SB2 OP, or Nobunaga AND Hideyoshi in SBBH OP. However, since we don't have (or have yet to be been introduced to <_< ) a main villain that wasn't going to be happening. If I were to rank my favorite SB OP as a combination of the music and video then it would be a bit different from my list of just the songs: SB2 Wii (SB2 OP CGI w/ Blade Cord) > SBBH > SB3 > SB1 > SB2 > SB2H > SBX.

I liked that opening to be honest, good bit of angst and flamboyance. I found Devil Kings for $5 at my local gamestop. I'll be giving it a go sometime tonight.

Congrats, I hope you enjoy it. Lots of people crap on the game, but it still is really fun and can get super hard too (they basically took the SB1 difficulties and raised them all, basically: normal became hard, hard became extreme, extreme became something new and even more evil).

Oh and incase you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcPDAD7-WU that is the original intro for SB1. I believe its the same in DK just without the lyrics.

I think this one isn't going to be about a big baddie villain. I believe the aim is to show both of the main enemies (Ieyasu/Mitsunari) in both a positive AND negative light. Unless of course Hisahide is the mastermind behind everything :D

Exactly. I think it will be (and justifiably so) about Ieyasu vs Mitsunari without making Mitsunari out to be evil or whatever (just really mentally twisted). Although someone like Matsunaga pulling strings in the background would be truly epic indeed.

Your ears do not deceive you Urban Scholar. T.M.Revolution did Crosswise for Sengoku BASARA 1 and Naked Arms for Sengoku BASARA 3 as well as resonance - Soul Eater OP 1. A few other notable anime & game songs from TMR include: Heart of Sword ~Yoake Mae~ (Rurouni Kenshin ED 3), INVOKE (Gundam SEED OP 1), ignited (Gundam SEED DESTINY OP 1), Soul's Crossing (Soul Eater: Monotone Princess theme song).

Nishikawa Takanori has had some side projects as well, besides his main TMR act. One of those is abingdon boys school. I believe all of the singles a.b.s. have put out are tied to games or anime: INNOCENT SORROW (D.Gray-Man OP 1), HOWLING (Darker than BLACK OP 1), Nephilim (Folksoul / Folklore theme song), BLADE CORD (Sengoku BASARA 2 Heroes), STRENGTH (Soul Eater ED 4), JAP (Sengoku BASARA: Battle Heroes and Sengoku BASARA Anime OP), Kimi no Uta (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 OP), From Dusk Till Dawn (Darker Than Black: Ryusei no Gemini ED).

Ah, I see small world indeed. I just started playing a bit with Devil Kings the VA is so cheesy its hilarious. Playing on Normal by the way.

Having been playing this since the morning I can say that its rather entertaining. I have dide quite often on normal but then I remember they actually upped the difficulty. At level 1 I couldn't defeat general Frost(I don't know if factual name). I'm making good progress in Scorpio's conquest

Fun stuff. Here is a list for ya to remember who is really who:

Oda Nobunaga = Devil King
N&#333;hime = Lady Butterfly
Mori Ranmaru = Hornet
Akechi Mitsuhide = Reaper
Date Masamune = Azure Dragon
Takeda Shingen = Red Minotaur
Sanada Yukimura = Scorpio
Sarutobi Sasuke = Talon
Uesugi Kenshin = Frost
Kasuga = Venus
Shimazu Yoshihiro = Zaan
Tokugawa Ieyasu = Irdine
Honda Tadakatsu = Iron Ox
Maeda Toshiie = Lark
Matsu = Bramble
M&#333;ri Motonari = Kahz
Ch&#333;sokabe Motochika = Arslan
H&#333;j&#333; Ujimasa = Orwik
Imagawa Yoshimoto = Muri
Zabii = Q-Ball
Itsuki = Puff

Glad you are enjoying it Urban Scholar. But just remember one thing, even if you only find the game ok/decent, Sengoku Basara 2 is miiiiiiiles ahead of the first game and I'm sure SB3 will be the same, so you have a lot to look forward to

EDIT: http://samuraiheroes.com/uk/screenshots/

UK site is up, says theres MORE THAN 15 unique, playable characters. Looks like we are guaranteed at least one more PC

Awesome website update this week

- Characters tab updated with: Tachibana Muneshige and Otomo Sorin as new NPCs with their voices already up.

Translations by Nine Demons Yoshitaka from KoeiWarriors said:
Tachibana Muneshige

Quote: "Worthy of trust is only yourself...Let me be your opponent!" [There is more but NDY hasn't fully translated it yet]

Weapon: Thunder Cutter

Title:&#12288;Clear and Doubtless Heart

Intro: A warrior serving Otomo Sorin. Also called Muneshige of the West, he's a fierce fighter that can stand shoulder to shoulder with Shimazu Yoshihiro and Honda Tadakatsu. His character and fighting prowess are both excellent, so he kind of regrets to be ordered around by Sorin, who became an avid supporter of the Zabii cult, but he believes that following one's master is the way of the warrior, and carries on his beliefs as one with a crystal clear spirit.

Otomo Sorin

Quote: "Everyone, it's time for the Zabii cuuuult!!!" [This is the end of the quote. NDY hasn't translated the whole thing yet]

Weapon: "Country Destroyer* Drive (Country Destroyer [Kunikuzushi] is the name of the special type of cannon Sorin had acquired from the spanish [There is a picture of what this looked like in real life on his wiki page])

Title: History's Greatest Unbridledness

Intro: Young leader of the Otomo clan, fallen head over heels for the suspicious religious group, the Zabii cult. The country's circumstances mean nothing to him: he just wants to turn Kyushu into the Zabii cult's kingdom, and for that he selfishly drags both his province and his subordinates in mess after mess, throwing his surroundings in total confusion.

No one complains to him, not even his first subordinate Tachibana Muneshige; so now the Otomo domain is fertile ground for the Zabii cult.

- Systems tab updated with: Pictures showing Ieyasu's 3 charge levels for his ground punch, what I think is an example of a new super attack feature mentioned in this weeks Famitsu, and a clip is showing Ieyasu seamlessly comboing from ground to air and back again.

The "super attack" (IDK what it is official called yet) is apparently something you earn for characters as you level them up and you can get 3 of them, of which you equip one when you go into battle (so you set up 3 skills and 1 super attack before battle, plus of course everyone has their BASARA attack and battle drive enemy slowdown ability). The site shows Ieyasu's 3 possible attacks being: A "Raoh fist to the heavens" blast, a huge headbutt with lots of range it seems, and an attack tossing Tadakatsu spear.

Translations by Nine Demons Yoshitaka from KoeiWarriors said:
As in past games, as you level up you learn new skills and level up your old ones.

In case of Ieyasu's Magma Crush, at LV 2 you can charge it and its range widens. At LV 3 you can charge it more, and its range widens further.

Secret Skills

You learn a maximum of 3 by leveling up. You can choose to equip one of them before starting the stage.

Ieyasu's are, from left to right:

The Hollyhock's Apex: A shockwave that start from the ground up. It affects surrounding enemies.

Rock-solid Perseverance: A headbutt infused with the spirit of an unmovable heart. Multiple hits possible by tapping!

The Bonds' Wish: Throw Honda Tadakatsu's spear in the distance. It will become a fierce long-range attack!

- Pictures tab updated with: Pics of Ieyasu fighting Muneshige and Sorin.

I am LOVING the designs for Muneshige and Sorin. Muneshige looks AWESOME with his Dual Chainsaw Katars of death and it looks like he is a giant too. While Sorin looks like a PERFECT NPC for a badass boss battle with his weapon being a freakin' Zabii-Tank he drives around. I wish I could save the pics from the site, they are all so awesome.

- Video tab updated with:
Honda Tadakatsu video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLKt9X4qVYs

Honda Tadakatsu video with subs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8h7ED98zOU

HE CAN FLY AND RAIN DOWN DEATH FROM ABOVE. Also he seems a lot faster than before and seems to be a much better comboer (for instance the orbiting lasers seem to come out much faster now and can be used mid s-string to keep combos going).

MoxManiac

Hey so, Basara 3 PS3 is on amazon pre-order for $40. Is this the MSRP or an amazon deal? Since the Wii version is $10 more than that. :lol

Good price though. I'll get it without hesitation at 40.

This week's Famitsu brings news of a brand new support characters feature in the game that looks at first glance somewhat similar to the bodyguard feature of the Samurai Warriors / Empires games where you can pick 4 different people to join you in battle (looks like you can also select the normal PC/NPCs for these roles as well). I don't know the exact details, however, because I can't read the Japanese but they seem much more useful / important than the bodyguards in the SW games. I assume they will go through the stages with you and take control of the bases when you beat a base guard. It looks like they will also provide the playable character with buffs and can attack enemies too. I think some of them will even have their own stages.

They show a huge picture with 100 of these guys and put a spotlight on 6 of them: Utsunomiya Hirotsuna, Satake Yoshishige, Nanbu Harumasa, Amago Haruhisa, Naoe Kanetsugu, Anegakoji Yoritsuna. Some of these guys have really cool looking weapons like gigantic rock-hammers, item boxes, huuuuuge cannons, archers, musketeers, etc... . The 100 will probably be made up of unique ones like the 6 showcased as well as random generic looking troops just to represent tons of different clans / areas. I think this could be a really cool new feature to the game, and also allow lots more representation to clans / people who it would be nice to have in these games, but aren't important enough to make full characters w/ stories and the whole nine yards.

Vamphuntr

When will T.M. Revolution release the title song single? Any date announced? I really like ''Naked Arms''. I'm much more hyped for the single than the game.

Erigu

AdawgDaFAB said:
This week's Famitsu brings news of a brand new support characters feature in the game that looks at first glance somewhat similar to the bodyguard feature of the Samurai Warriors / Empires games where you can pick 4 different people to join you in battle
No, you only get to take one of them with you.

I think some of them will even have their own stages.
That's quite doubtful.

They show a huge picture with 100 of these guys and put a spotlight on 6 of them: Utsunomiya Hirotsuna, Satake Yoshishige, Nanbu Harumasa, Amago Haruhisa, Naoe Kanetsugu, Anegakoji Yoritsuna.
Those six aren't part of the 100 "assist characters". They're "local lords", i.e. the poor man's NPCs.

mujun

After playing through Hokuto Musou (my first musou type game) I really want to get this. Can't wait till July!

Apparently there was some talk show / radio show recently that Magoichi's and Tsuru's voice actresses were on where they claimed that Zabii wasn't gonna be in the game. So it looks like Sorin and Muneshige are going to be the ones representing for the Zabii cult this time around. Fine with me, lol.

----------------------------------

Quick partial translation of the Famitsu article by Nine Demons Yoshitaka from KoeiWarriors:

NDY said:
Left Page

Aim at Sekigahara with a grand total of 100 allied generals!!

Hojo Tsunanari, one of the allied generals, has the "Castle Lover" attribute; in castle stages, his "Attack UP" ability will be activated. This extends to the player character too, so choosing carefully your allies can make you much stronger.

While using the Basara skill, assist abilities can be activated endlessly regardless of their conditions.

Right Page

Utsunomiya Hirotsuna

Weapon: Lance

Title: The Vagrant Moving through the Mist

Info: Commander living near the mist-filled Kanagawa river. He has a ice-elemental lance, but can also perform combination attacks with a white tiger he commands.

Quote: Do not feel, think! That is the way to reach victory without fighting!!

Satake Hiroshige

Weapon: Lance

Title: Unmoving Rock-Hard Beliefs

Info: Steady and honest leader of the Satake forces. His personality is incapable of any trickery. His skills involve frontal charges and flashy attacks from above.

Quote: Holding back is impossible for me.
I just lack the finesse for that......

Nanbu Harumasa

Weapon: Katana

Title: Immortal Spirit

Info: Leader of the domain of mount Osore (can't read all the text, sorry. But mount Osore is considered the place in Japan where most spirits gather. If you read Shaman King, you'll know what I mean)

Thanks to the power of mysterious incantations, he evokes the dead to attack. He can also move at extremely high speed.

Quote: That gate hungers for the dead...sinful ones....

Amago Haruhisa

Title: One Hope Lasting One Thousand Nights

Info: Owner of Gassan Toda, land of sand and wind. Strong and conscious, but ends up fleeing hidden in the sand when about to lose. Able to unleash sandstorms with the sword.

Quote: This is my world....the land of mirages of sand and wind!

Naoe Kanetsugu

Weapon: Invincible Sword

Title: Absolutely Invincible

Info: A general serving Uesugi Kenshin. He calls himself "the invincible main character", and with his "love" helmet shining, attacks with the invincible sword.

Quote: I am the invincible main character!! I have worked hard one whole year to gain more fame!

Anegakoji Yoritsuna

Title: Hermit of Mountains and Forests

Info: Lord of Kaerigumo castle, the "Great Heavens Castle". He loves (missing, probably nature?), protected by the forest, and is (missing) and serene. He attacks with logs and other means provided by the forest's strength.

Erigu said:
No, you only get to take one of them with you.

You are probably right about that. I was judging the 4 number from the screen shown in Famitsu and on the site. I guess that is just showing how you can select them and it shows the one currently selected at the top and a scrolling list of 3 under that (I should have realized something was up when I saw Masamune twice at the top >_<).

Erigu said:
Those six aren't part of the 100 "assist characters". They're "local lords", i.e. the poor man's NPCs.

It looks like the games characters breakdown as of right now is (listed in order of the website):

Generals - Playable Characters
Currently there are 15 known so far:
Tokugawa Ieyasu
Ishida Mitsunari
Date Masamune
Sanada Yukimura
Otani Yoshitsugu
Honda Tadakatsu
Chosokabe Motochika
Mouri Motonari
Saika Magoichi
Maeda Keiji
Kuroda Kanbei
Shimazu Yoshihiro
Tsuruhime
Oichi
Fuuma Kotaro

You can play as these characters and select them as support.

Enemy Generals - NPC Characters
Currently there are 12 known so far:
Kobayakawa Hideaki
Tenkai (Akichi Mitsuhide)
Tachibana Muneshige
Otomo Sorin
Katakura Kojuro
Sarutobi Sasuke
Uesugi Kenshin
Kasuga
Maeda Toshiie
Matsu
Hojo Ujimasa
Mogami Yoshiaki

You can't play as these characters, but can use them as support. They are major characters who play an important role in the story.

Area Warlords
Currently there are 6 known so far:
Nanbu Harumasa
Satake Yoshishige
Utsunomiya Hirotsuna
Anegakoji Yoritsuna
Amago Haruhisa
Naoe Kanetsugu

You can't play as these characters, but can use them as support. They have somewhat unique designs and are showcased on the website in their own group, but they are not major players in the games storyline. There is a chance that some could have their own stages (since the Seige of Gassan-Toda Castle, which was Motonari invading the Amago, has been confirmed as one of the stages).

Generic Generals
You can't play as these characters, as they are mostly cannon fodder who lead troop mobs that you go fight as you progress through stages. Some of them will be available to use as support. Their designs are mostly generic and they have little to no involvement in the story.

I believe that the 100 Support Characters count is all of the support characters put together, which includes PC, NPC, Area Warlords, and Generic Generals. If not, then at the least it is a mix of the Area Warlords and Generic Generals because you can see Naoe Kanetsugu standing front and center in the huge group shot from the Famitsu article and on the site that has the 100 number above it.

Website has been updated for the week:

- Characters tab updated with: Nanbu Harumasa, Satake Yoshishige, Utsunomiya Hirotsuna, Anegakoji Yoritsuna, Amago Haruhisa, Naoe Kanetsugu

These are all under a seperate tab on the NPC side of the roster where I assume all the Area Warlords will be located on the site. Nanbu, Satake, and Utsunomiya have their voices up already. Utsunomiya's is especially hilarious with him trying to do a WATATATATATATA line and coughing at the end ^__^.

- Systems tab updated with: Information on the new Support system

Can't read this so I can't give any information on it until someone translates it.

Maeda Keiji video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us0C7CDKVAs

Maeda Keiji video with subs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHV7qKx1paQ

Next week there will be a new trailer video of some sort (don't know what it is called on the website) and the voices clips for Anegakoji, Amago, and Mr. Muteki.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
AdawgDaFAB said:
NPC Characters
Currently there are 12 known so far:
Kobayakawa Hideaki
Tenkai (Akichi Mitsuhide)
Tachibana Muneshige
Otomo Sorin
Katakura Kojuro
Sarutobi Sasuke
Uesugi Kenshin
Kasuga
Maeda Toshiie
Matsu
Hojo Ujimasa
Mogami Yoshiaki

You can't play as these characters, but can use them as support. They are major characters who play an important role in the story.

Aww Hell No, I was hoping to play as Kasuga like in Sengoku Basara 1 and 2 :(

Erigu

AdawgDaFAB said:
I believe that the 100 Support Characters count is all of the support characters put together, which includes PC, NPC, Area Warlords, and Generic Generals.
According to the FamiTsû article, there are Generals (PCs), Enemy Generals (NPCs), Regional Lords (more NPCs)... and 100 Allied Generals.

you can see Naoe Kanetsugu standing front and center in the huge group shot from the Famitsu article and on the site that has the 100 number above it.
Yes, that's the one strange bit. Kanetsugu is on that picture, and I kinda doubt he has his own stage (like the five other Regional Lords)... His status is a bit ambiguous...

Utsunomiya's is especially hilarious with him trying to do a WATATATATATATA line and coughing at the end ^__^.
Even the quote is reminiscent of Bruce Lee.

I edited my last post with a link to Keiji's video with subs. Also, Capcom is working on a SB3 section for PS Home where it looks like they will have a download for the demo that is currently only playable in Japanese stores right now. Hopefully we get that soon as I have heard great things about it from people who got to play it already :D

Site has been updated again, not too big of an update tho.

- Information tab updated with:
Some news on the Chiaki Ishikawa single, Gyakk&#333; (which is the ending theme for the game and, I THINK, what is used in the video. I am not 100% on it being the song in the video tho so someone please confirm or correct me on this).

- Characters tab updated with: Anegakoji Yoritsuna, Amago Haruhisa, & Naoe Kanetsugu's voice samples.

Translation done by Nine Demons Yoshitaka from KoeiWarriors said:
Anegakoji Yoritsuna: "The forest is good...the forest is always my ally..."
"Do not wake me up....and I will stay quiet..."

Amago Harumasa: "This is my world...the mirage city of wind and sand!"
"I'm gonna let you go adrift...in the sea of wind and sand"

Muteki: "I am the invincible main character!! It took one whole year, but I gained fame!!"
"I am always invincible, no matter the age!!"

- Pictures tab updated with:
A few new pics of Muneshige and Sorin.

Alternate Opening / CG Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru45O9lagCA

I enjoyed the video and the 3 voices weren't bad either. Besides that, not too much of an update. Really surprised to see so much of Hideyoshi and Hanbei tho. Hopefully they are NPCs who have at least one or 2 levels at the beginning of Ieyasu's story mode.

I think it is like previous ones in that it is just made up of random CG from the cutscenes spliced together and music playing behind them. That said, I do like it but find it odd if that really is the ending theme being used for this video.

ShinNL

I think these are Wii footages that I found on YouTube. My jaw dropped to the floor because I've never played this franchise before and the gameplay looks ridiculously awesome (how did they manage to run something like this on the Wii?). I love the punching action :O

Punch guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4W23yWX4y0

Sword guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYCc2UfO4yg

I searched this on Wiki and there was no western release date so I was a bit dissapointed, then I read in this thread there will be one? If true: awesome :O

Edit: compared to the videos in the OP, now I'm not sure if this is really the Wii version or not. Kind of too blurry to see.

Soneet said:
I searched this on Wiki and there was no western release date so I was a bit dissapointed, then I read in this thread there will be one? If true: awesome :O

Edit: compared to the videos in the OP, now I'm not sure if this is really the Wii version or not. Kind of too blurry to see.

We've discussed on length actually about the western release being slated for fall(October), 39.99 for both PS3 & Wii.

oblo

I'm currently enjoying Samurai Warriors 3 quite a bit, but looking at these gameplay movies... I'd better be done with SW3 by the time this gets released because I doubt I'll be going back much afterwards.

What was KOEI thinking pushing the NA release of SW3 closer to this game? Seems like not the best of moves to me...

ShinNL

oblo said:
I'm currently enjoying Samurai Warriors 3 quite a bit, but looking at these gameplay movies... I'd better be done with SW3 by the time this gets released because I doubt I'll be going back much afterwards.

What was KOEI thinking pushing the NA release of SW3 closer to this game? Seems like not the best of moves to me...
Heh, that's funny, because that's how I found about this game. I was checking the upcoming releases for the Wii on GameFAQs and YouTube'd Samurai Warriors 3. In the comments section on one of those videos someone said Sengoku Basara is better. For a moment I thought it was some console fanboy message but found out the game has been on the Wii and the 3rd one will be released soon.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Soneet said:
I think these are Wii footages that I found on YouTube. My jaw dropped to the floor because I've never played this franchise before and the gameplay looks ridiculously awesome (how did they manage to run something like this on the Wii?). I love the punching action :O

Punch guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4W23yWX4y0

Sword guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYCc2UfO4yg

To clarify, "punch guy" is Tokugawa Ieyasu (future Emperor of Japan) and "Sword guy" is Date Masamune (my favorite character in the series :O)

Soneet, are you sure that this is Wii footage? Somehow I can't shake off the feeling that I've seen the exact same video just in higher resolution...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm pretty positive that that's PS3 footage. From Capcom has said, though, the games are being made to be as close in quality as possible.

ShinNL

Glass Soldier said:
Soneet, are you sure that this is Wii footage? Somehow I can't shake off the feeling that I've seen the exact same video just in higher resolution...
Yeah, I'm not sure and I compared it to the videos in the OP and they're exactly the same except my videos are blurrier. I doubt it would be the exact same trailer but remade with the Wii. My apologies!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wow, SB3 on Wii looks pretty damn impressive. Much better than I expected it to. Will still get it on PS3 of course though.

EDIT: If that really is Wii footage! :lol

Hcoregamer00 said:
Aww Hell No, I was hoping to play as Kasuga like in Sengoku Basara 1 and 2 :(

They gotta save something for the inevitable DLC packs or upgrade disc. :/

Let's just hope they don't follow Koei's methods. Hokuto Musou currently has around five alternate outfits up at 300 yen a pop, extra scenarios at 100 yen each, and two more playable characters at a whopping 800 yen each.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Soneet said:
Heh, that's funny, because that's how I found about this game. I was checking the upcoming releases for the Wii on GameFAQs and YouTube'd Samurai Warriors 3. In the comments section on one of those videos someone said Sengoku Basara is better. For a moment I thought it was some console fanboy message but found out the game has been on the Wii and the 3rd one will be released soon.

I still prefer Sengoku Basara 2/Heroes to virtually every Koei Musou game (although I fucking love, love, LOVE me some Hokuto Musou), but Basara and Musou do differ a bit from each other.

Basara is more beat-em-up like and straightforward, with smaller, linear stages, mid-boss sections, and the like. It's not open like your typical Musou game and you don't have to worry about managing armies/posts or anything like that. Musou is also more "realistic" in its designs, while Basara just goes NUTS and is over-the-top. Basara's character animations are also more fluid and the controls feel more responsive, IMO.

That said, I imported Samurai Warriors 3 from Japan last year and it's a pretty solid game. Doesn't feel like a huge leap over the second game, but it's got some fun new characters to play as and plenty of levels.

Soneet, you may wanna check out these 2 playlists I made (in the order that they were released).

This one has all the Japanese promo videos released so far with subs:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DCC06F4D783AEDC7

This one has all the Japanese promo videos released so far in the highest quality I have seen them online (but without the subs):
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=443F3DA9F8613221

The Japanese videos from the OP are all in the second playlist I made. However, the OP is missing:
TGS Trailer
Mori Motonari gameplay video
Honda Tadakatsu gameplay video
Maeda Keiji gameplay video
OP 2

While compiling the playlists I saw that Capcom themselves uploaded 4 of the SB3 vids on their YouTube account in great quality (up to 720p): The TGS trailer, the Action PV (Special Moves Gameplay trailer), and the two Openings.

The interesting thing about it was that the two openings on their account had alternate songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEG5mNEFjc - T.M.Revolution - Naked Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7QbOCyEUlc - Alternate BGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru45O9lagCA - Chiaki Ishikawa - Gyakk&#333;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BauLXoAKD3A - Alternate BGM

I am not surprised at the first one because on the SB3 website that is what is available (I am not sure where the version with the TMR song actually came from, but it leaked before the site was updated that week). However, on their site they have OP 2 with the Chiaki Ishikawa song in it, but a different song on their YouTube page. Although, I think the alt version actually fits the video more than the Chiaki song does.

--------------------------------------------------------

Famitsu this week had information on various giant mechanical units in the game like the Zabii's tank which is named the "Ah, Zabii-sama. Your Face and Memories" model, lol. We should get better pictures and more info on them with the site update tonight.

Also they redid the weapon system. Now there are 12 weapons per character and they will have slots you fill to enhance them. The enhancements can be items bought from the shop or materials found in battle.

I don't know where this came from but here is an AWESOME new video with about 7 minutes of new video footage:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm10931068

It basically has:
The TMR OP
A new PV (starts at 2:18)
The Chiaki OP
An new trailer (starts at 8:05)

The new PV was some brief scenes / gameplay footage from the 15 announced characters + Kobayakawa, Tenkai, Mogami, Muneshige, Kojirou, Sasuke, and Sorin.

But DAMN was that new trailer awesome showing various gameplay footage (at one point Masamune does a mid air War Dance which transitions smoothly into a combo when he lands ^__^), Emaki mode stuff, story CGs, gameplay again focusing on "Sengoku Boost" and the base capture system, our first look at the 12 weapons systems in action!, clips of the support characters (including Utsunomiya Hirotsuna's white tiger ripping up an enemy mob!), some of the giant mech units in action, and lastly some co-op scenes.

That really got me hype for the game. Great stuff!

The weapon system looks like it will be similar to the item equipment from the previous games, just with 6 equiptable slots on the weapons (or at least on the weapon they showed Ieyasu setting up). Maybe the stronger the weapon you get the more slots it has?

- Site has been updated again (6/2) -

- Information tab updated with:
Information on some of the new giant sized enemy units

Translation done by Nine Demons Yoshitaka from KoeiWarriors said:
Akatsukimaru (Dawn)

An advanced technology vehicle made by the Chosokabe army. All its dreams, hopes and money are infused into it. On top of it rests a ship full with Chosokabe soldiers. Apparently sometimes it's sent off to battle while still incomplete.

Aah, lord Zabii, your visage and memories...

Otomo Sorin renewed the "Country Destroyer" (Kunikuzushi) and changed it into a large-scale weapon made to resemble Zabii's face. With the cannons in its eyes and its ability to sing Zabii cult songs, it spreads love to one and all. there is a number of operators inside, who sometimes come out and attack.

Tsunomogura (Horned Mole)

A giant driller machine created by Kuroda Kanbei while into the dark cellar. It digs holes with its 2 giant drills, and thus allows to move in the ground. They say that it's being sold off in the market...

Ikusagurumatengun (War Cart - Lord of the Heavens)

Weapon of the Toyotomi army, it consists in a war cart attached to a horse. Its potent charging attacks, paired with its thunder and fire-emitting mechanisms, destroy anything that stands on its path.

Tora (Tiger)

A beast bigger than an adult man. Its lethal fangs and claws eliminate any enemy. If you manage to tame it, it will follow your orders and fight with you. It likes humid and misty areas.

Akatsukimaru was in the new trailer from earlier today and looks like a cool fight, the Drilldozer can also dive underground it seems, and the Giant Tigers look AWESOME.

- Pictures tab updated with:
10 new pictures featuring the Area Warlords fighting Ieyasu (as well as a WTF ... SWEEEET pic of a giant tiger about to NOM on him :lol ).

Oichi video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_xgMqYZz0E

Oichi video with subs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk9XO8AwUDQ

Oichi looks fantastic from that video. I was scared she would be too slow but her attacks look like they come out quick enough and can cover huge areas for nice AOE damage. However, DAMN! After watching that video I can't help but feel so sorry for her. You can tell just in her movements and all that she seems completely out of it now (not to mention the fact she lost her memories as well).

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Wow they really changed Oichi from 2.

Man, only a couple months away, can't wait. Hope there are a bunch of secret characters. A lot of those enemy characters that showed up in famitsu looked really cool :/

Top Bottom