• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yea, i got what he wanted to say, its just that he seems to have mistakenly said playable on Xbox One instead of Series S/X

Hey Dan. will Paul have a video out today regarding the event?

No its not a mistake. Hes saying everything that was playable on xbox one is also playable on Series X/S.

ToadMan

The EU is not a single monolithic entity where all countries have the same laws. The EU WTD is a directive and, AFAIK, some directives need to be ratified by local working laws by the respective governmnets, and a lot of them are actually optional.

To me it seems like CD Project can leverage this

Sv5FjBi.gif

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Dan. will Paul have a video out today regarding the event?
Yeah he'll have to, he's made several leaks about the upcoming AMD GPU's so we'll need to see if he's right, although I don't think he'll be live streaming the event or anything.

GermanZepp

So, you guys maybe can help me with this cause my English comprehension is not that good.

Psn store is going to be unified after ps5 launches?
I ask this because I want it to know if I only going to have access to the psplus collection thru the ps5 store.

Can I download all this games in my ps4?

The same goes to bugsnax or destruction allstar, when it go to ps plus, I need a ps5 to added into my library?

I’m surprised that the PS2 made less money than the PS1. How did that happen? According to this, Sony’s gaming division made barely any money in 2005, a full year before the launch of the PS3! Is it because of the launch of the PSP?

It’s kind of weird that Sony’s profits already peaked in 2002 during that generation, and then quickly plummeted in the years afterward. Not what one would expect from the most successful console of all time. Financially, it seems the PS1 was actually the more successful endeavor.

Its worth remembering the nature of console cycles.
At least in the past, sales tended to peak mid gen (start of the gen prices are still high, end of gen everyone either has one or is waiting for next gen), and then you also have the R&D and production costs of next gen that I imagine must peak right at the end of the generation before a new console is going to be released.
Digital sales and subscriptions (along with COVID and other things) have made the end of the PS4 gen look a bit different mind you!

In terms of the PS1 - I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact Sony were treading into uncharted (no pun intended!) territory and probably didn't commit as much R&D etc budget to PS1 incase it flopped. Don't have evidence for that - and don't have time to go through the numbers to work of it its true or not. Of course Sony did spend a large amount on the PS1 in terms of getting devs, in terms of marketing etc. But I'd expect that to be dwarfed by what they've spend on consoles since.

RookX22

Lol... compare apples to apples please.

Nvidia is selling worse performance at higher price and much higher power usage. Today AMD just knocked a few teeth off Nvidia :messenger_sunglasses:
Oh I know I was just being a smart ass. I will probably get it or the 6800 to go with my 10700k. Waiting on real world benchmarks and availability.

Last edited:

Gudji

Cards should be cheaper imo. While I think that what they showed so far looks great, people will still go with nvidia because it's a brand they trust more. Also AMD doesn't have their own DLSS yet and things are a bit unclear regarding ray tracing performance.

Now the most important thing, do both or any of the next-gen consoles have Infinite Cache?

I guess that's something we won't know for a while, NDAs, etc.

Last edited:
Oh I know I was just being a smart ass. I will probably get it or the 6800 to go with my 10700k. Waiting on real world benchmarks and availability.
The first mistake was sticking with Intel though... If Nvidia just got roughed up today, Intel is in a coma after the beating they are taking from Ryzen :messenger_grinning_smiling:

But yeah... let's hope we have good availability on these cpus and gpus 🤞

RookX22

The first mistake was sticking with Intel though... If Nvidia just got roughed up today, Intel is in a coma after the beating they are taking from Ryzen :messenger_grinning_smiling:

But yeah... let's hope we have good availability on these cpus and gpus 🤞
Well I have a ryzen 1600 and a 2700 still do, but my friend gave me a hell of a deal when the 10700k first came out and couldn't pass it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom