• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

Banned
giphy.gif
If it was legit, wouldn't there be some Covid warning sign, not to touch things there????
I mean, just think about the entire scenario here...

xacto

It's funny how an Xbox fan in Australia (Which is in lockdown) found a display PS5 and it managed to be the only one to overheat so far anywhere.... there are many things about this story that do not add up.

The list of FUD being spread is endless and pathetic, how many times do these things have to be disproved?

Come on, let the dogs have their day, mate 🤣

user1337

i know that much, i was just hoping i could poo in an old nvme drive to use for that purpose without having to buy a USB enclosure and take up a port... awsw well
Got plenty of ports 🙂, and enclosures cost like £15 for usb 3.2. I know what you mean, but the alternative isn't a huge bother.

Last edited:

Stuart360

They want their "How to share on PS4" moment since 2013 and have been trying ever since and failing at every step. Sony is living rent-free in their heads.
Seems to be the other way around mate, judging from this thread the last year or so. I havent seen one Xbox fan mention that pic yet. It was like that WatchDog upscaled 4k revenge thread, half the posts in it were 'lolz Xbots had their fun with the Valhall upscaled 4k on PS5 thread, and now they are missing lolz'. I went in that thread and literally didnt see one Xbot take the piss out of PS5. Its Xbox that is living rent free.

Last edited:
Pretty annoying that they wouldn't test it before sending those kiosks out. Should be pretty easy to set one up in a hot room and stress test it. But I guess with covid and whatnot some leeway has to be given.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Literally could be a unit that had a busted fan or something... or a particularly hot store....

Sony designed and tested their damn kiosks lol They'll overheat sometimes... as will people's PS5's at home.

It's gonna be OK guys, you can just ignore the FUD this will cause... or take it as a lesson because half of you concerned trolled overheating Xbox's for days.

Seems to be the other way around mate, judging from this thread the last year or so. I havent seen one Xbox fan mention that pic yet. It was like that WatchDog upscaled 4k revenge thread, half the posts in it were 'lolz Xbots had their fun with the Valhall upscaled 4k on PS5 thread, and now they are missing lolz'. I went in that thread and literally didnt see one Xbot take the piss out of PS5. Its Xbox that is living rent free.
Absolutely wild how defensive people are here towards Sony.. there's like 2 total Xbox fans left here, and every time they say something dumb it gets spammed for days.. and then becomes a meme forever. "Xbox series S gonna be more powerful than PS5" is the latest... because that dumbass Riky said it..

I think people WANT their to be anti-Sony FUD posted here.. it seems to be all they are interested in discussing.

Last edited:

Seph-

Literally could be a unit that had a busted fan or something... or a particularly hot store....

Sony designed and tested their damn kiosks lol They'll overheat sometimes... as will people's PS5's at home.

It's gonna be OK guys, you can just ignore the FUD this will cause... or take it as a lesson because half of you concerned trolled overheating Xbox's for days.
There are just so many variables honestly that ppl refuse to take into account. Shipping, temps, ventilation, hell the store could have had a power flip that triggered something to break. People really just need to relax. None of this is abnormal. I personally replaced 3 One X's over the holidays last year because how long we ran. It happens.

vkbest

Okay. You think it should run at low speed on the menu UI ?

When I open the console, everything looks normal, fan is clean and rotates perfectly, so I don't know. I thought it was the thermal paste, but PS5 is coming soon anyway. ^^

Yes, my fan is running to low revolutions in dashboard even if the console is idle

kyliethicc

According to eurogamer,

On my PS4 Pro I can set it to auto record the last 60 minutes of gameplay if I want. It affects video quality a bit, so I just leave it at 10 minutes (of 1080p) anyway, but only up to 1 minute is pretty fucking short.

5 mins seems like a reachable target. I'm sure 4K capture takes up a lot more room. I wonder what PS5 can do. We know it can record footage in 4K HDR if we want.

Is the Xbox X/S gameplay record up to 1 minute at least in 4K HDR ?

THEAP99

Banned
On my PS4 Pro I can set it to auto record the last 60 minutes of gameplay if I want. It affects video quality a bit, so I just leave it at 10 minutes (of 1080p) anyway, but only up to 1 minute is pretty fucking short.

5 mins seems like a reachable target. I'm sure 4K capture takes up a lot more room. I wonder what PS5 can do. We know it can record footage in 4K HDR if we want.

Don't think so

The Series only allows for 1 minute of gameplay footage to be captured.

EmFexd-XUAI8yt8

vkbest

if they are using hevc, even at 4k the size shouldn’t be much higher.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Don't think so
So all the Series X can auto record is 1 minute of 1080p SDR gameplay?

That sucks lol. Thats worse than my PS4 could do in 2013. Small thing, but lame.

I'd be fine with 5 mins of 2160p HDR10 capture. Thats my hope for PS5 auto record. We know it can do 4K HDR video.

PS5 can even auto capture short videos every time you get a trophy. (And it captures the moment before earning it, not after.)

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

That sucks lol. Thats worse than my PS4 could do in 2013. Small thing, but lame.

I'd be fine with 5 mins of 2160p HDR10 capture. Thats my hope for PS5 auto record. We know it can do 4K HDR video.

PS5 can even auto capture short videos every time you get a trophy. (And it captures the moment before earning it, not after.)
I'm confused here, what do they mean by capture?

I'm familiar with the PS4 capture feature, when you press the share button and it saves your last 30 or more minutes of gameplay, is it the same thing as that?

vkbest

Videos on trophies? Is that new?

I'm familiar with the PS4 capture feature, when you press the share button and it saves your last 30 or more minutes of gameplay, is it the same thing as that?

yes

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Hey guys so now that we know the PS5 can overheat (if locked in a airtight coffin) ... my advice is do not buy one.

Please, do not try to buy a PS5 this month. Especially any Digital Edition PS5s, do not try to buy one of those, specifically in the USA, and especially next week. Those ones overheat the most I've heard. Leave those alone and tell your friends the same.

All of you should hold off for now. Just let me get one first and I'll check it out, let you all know if its safe to buy one yet. Better to just let me take the risk.

kyliethicc

Yeah the auto record your gameplay feature to save/share. PS4 Pro can do it up to 60 mins (1080p SDR) and we know PS5 can do 4K HDR recording, just not sure how long. I hope at least 5 mins.

Apparently Xbox X/S can only do up to 1 minute of 1080p SDR auto recorded video. Kinda shitty. Maybe they'll change that later.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the auto record your gameplay feature to save/share. PS4 Pro can do it up to 60 mins (1080p SDR) and we know PS5 can do 4K HDR recording, just not sure how long. I hope at least 5 mins.

Apparently Xbox X/S can only do up to 1 minute of 1080p SDR auto recorded video. Kinda shitty. Maybe they'll change that later.
that's actually a huge put off in my opinion, I rely a lot on the capture feature of the PS4 since I like to share a lot of clips/vids with friends and upload on youtube.

I want to say more but I would end up pissing off a lot of people on team green lol

Fordino

My guess is that they want to test out the drives to find out which ones work. Pretty sure at some point Sony will give us a list of compatible drives.
I think they may also be still determining/developing how the OS will setup with the additional drives.

Sony will absolutely want to prevent people from ignoring their approved drives list and putting in any old SSD, which will affect the performance of the OS and a lot of games, which will have engines expecting an ultra fast SSD.

The OS could perform a speed test for the SSD when first formatting it and tell the user if it’s not good enough, or the OS could look at a supported model list that the SSD will have to be in.

Duchess

That's really the only way to do it? lol

How lame.

In the Dark Souls series, it used to work that the most often you were killed by an invader, the less often you were likely to be invaded. The opposite was true for those who invaded often or fought off the invader.

To that end, whenever I got invaded I used to run back to the nearest bonfire, and then either hurl myself off a cliff or let the invader kill me. I would then respawn at the bonfire, pick up my souls, and resume playing the game. Very soon, being invaded became a very rare event for me.

Perhaps it'll work somewhat the same in Demon's Souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom