• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
white whale spotted:
P4IV2iP.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
Sweet! Placed an order for a 16gb Nexus 4. I've waited too long to order this thing.

$63 in tax and shipping sucked though. Still 300+ cheaper than the GS3 :)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Never been a fan of white electronics. I hate how the black parts of the phone stand out (screen, camera, etc). Black is so much smoother.

http://i.imgur.com/NoQbA1A.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Agreed. Unless it's the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. No white on the front makes it boss. Or if there is white, I can't remember, it's a tiny sliver of a bezel.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZtoGRx0.jpg

Biscuits

Awesome, just ordered a 16gig. So which case do you guys recommend? iirc the diztronic case was getting some pretty good reviews in here.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's giving technical errors as soon as I entered my address. :(

It's gonna sell out and I'm gonna be resentful.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Huzzah, the order has been placed! Only thing I wasn't sure about is the $13.99 two day shipping... does that mean as soon as they become available (1-2 weeks?) they'll be shipped over two days?

Where there even any other shipping options I wasn't aware of? Because this is a bit BS.

Edit: sorry about the dp.

sholmes

Neo Member
Huzzah, the order has been placed! Only thing I wasn't sure about is the $13.99 two day shipping... does that mean as soon as they become available (1-2 weeks?) they'll be shipped over two days?

Where there even any other shipping options I wasn't aware of? Because this is a bit BS.

Edit: sorry about the dp.

I assume it will be 2 day shipping once the order is ready to ship (1-2 weeks). I placed my order an hour ago and it also came up with 2 day shipping. I think that's the only option. I didn't see any way to change it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Ordered a 16GB. Nice come-up from an HTC Incredible.

LG Optimus One for me. 600mhz CPU, 419mb Ram, 200mb internal storage, Adreno 200. Pure Beast.

To be fair it's got the best Wifi antenna I've ever seen from any phone. Beats the S3, iPhone 4S/5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4/7. I'm going to miss it.

Kirsten

I ordered one today. I am sooo excited!

The Nexus Bumper by Google is out of stock. Someone had mentioned to me that somewhere in these 121 pages of thread that there is a link/mention of a knock-off that is extremely similar. Does anyone have a link or more info?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
LG Optimus One for me. 600mhz CPU, 419mb Ram, 200mb internal storage, Adreno 200. Pure Beast.

To be fair it's got the best Wifi antenna I've ever seen from any phone. Beats the S3, iPhone 4S/5, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4/7. I'm going to miss it.
You won't. Believe me.

Hieberrr

The Nexus Bumper by Google is out of stock. Someone had mentioned to me that somewhere in these 121 pages of thread that there is a link/mention of a knock-off that is extremely similar. Does anyone have a link or more info?

Forget the bumper. Go with the black Diztronic case!!!!!!

javac

I've got the original Samsung Galaxy s i9000, brought it when it first came out, being stunned by that whole 1Ghz processor and 512mb ram. Never mind the gigantic 4inch super AMOLED!!! LOL sounds funny now, its been a great phone tho and I'm in no rush to buy a new phone. I use it with my nexus 7. Do you think I should upgrade to the nexus 4? I wanted to wait and see the galaxy s 4 but once this comes up on the UK store I might pounce...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Wifi? The Wifi reception on the Optimus One is absolutely incredible!
The WiFi reception of my new phone isn't any worst than my old Optimus One's. Really, I can't look at the screen of the Optimus One anymore without disgust. How did I use this phone for so long?

I got tired of waiting for the official bumper and got the Poetic bumper.

It looks quite a bit different than the official bumper, but it looks really great and feels solid. And it's a helluva lot cheaper.

(Just so you know, the review average on Amazon is a bit low because their first batch had some defects. But the current ones going out are totally fine.)

Husker86

Just ordered a Nexus 4...I'm hopeless. Got an iPhone 5 at launch, but I'm mainly an Android guy; I like to jump over every once in a while though to keep myself up to speed. I'm switching off of Verizon and going to Straight Talk.

I usually don't make it a year with a phone but this is a whole new level for me. Oh well, I'll actually be saving money so I can justify it!

rc213

I got tired of waiting for the official bumper and got the Poetic bumper.

It looks quite a bit different than the official bumper, but it looks really great and feels solid. And it's a helluva lot cheaper.

(Just so you know, the review average on Amazon is a bit low because their first batch had some defects. But the current ones going out are totally fine.)

+1

markot

Banned
For Aussie Stralians interested.

Virgin mobile currently have a $10 off their post paid plans and an extra 1gb per month for plans without mobiles.

Perfect for the nexus 4 imo >.<!

Placed an order yesterday and hoping I get a delivery confirmation today, really made me smh how long it was out of stock

I'm glad i didn't pay a reseller :p they charge like $450 for the 8 gb here.

I'm hyped to get the phone :D

For Aussie Stralians interested.

Virgin mobile currently have a $10 off their post paid plans and an extra 1gb per month for plans without mobiles.

Perfect for the nexus 4 imo >.<!

Avoid Virgin. Absolute garbage. Used it for 16 months then had to go to the TIO to get my remaining contract cancelled.

There are many standalone carriers like Amaysim, Kogan, LC, etc that offer unlimited calls at 30-40 bucks a month with 4-6GB of data.

I recommend Kogan. $29 for unlimited usage + 6GB and uses the Telstra network.

EDIT: Or what Remz said.

Top Bottom