• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

giga

Well, I had to buy another phone. I've been without my iPhone since I sold it and I can't take another three weeks or so waiting on this. I really expected to have it by now, but all this shit changed plans. God damn it.

Edit: I didn't cancel the order though. I can re-evaluate when it eventually comes…

Cyrillus

So my phone is at home waiting for me to get off work (2 more hours!!!)...however, I have been having a hell of a time trying to order a Straight Talk SIM online. Both straighttalk.com and walmart.com are giving me payment errors, and I can't figure out why. I've had no problem ordering items from other online stores as recently as yesterday, and Walmart support just says to log in to my account and verify my billing info, which is correct. They said they will "get back to me in 3-5 days" so I may have a phone on no network until some time next week. Kinda shitty, but I will still attempt to post impressions of the non-phone aspects of the...phone.

F#A#Oo

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvuFn_fbUBo&feature=player_embedded

Nexus-4-Bumper-Case-Official-banner-phandrizzle-640x352.jpg

Nexus-4-bumper-case-back-640x359.jpg

Oh wow!

Ok that video made me order it...damn...that's nice!

Vyer

Well, I had to buy another phone. I've been without my iPhone since I sold it and I can't take another three weeks or so waiting on this. I really expected to have it by now, but all this shit changed plans. God damn it.

Edit: I didn't cancel the order though. I can re-evaluate when it eventually comes…

Why didn't you get a 5 again? No off contract?

Starting to like it more. The build quality is amazing. I'm still peeved at the lack (and minimal) Facebook integration. I'll probably just use this or my S3 depending on which phone I feel like using in the morning.

OK, either I'm really careless or Gorilla Glass 2 isn't all that great because there are multiple noticeable scratches on the front screen now and I've literally only had it for 4 days.

It's kind of funny because my other phones previously (htc sensation, htc radar) doesn't have any scratches on the screen and I subjected them to the same thing I'm doing with my N4, which is leave on desk at work / put in pant pocket with my wallet. Never with keys or coins or other scratch-able surfaces.

got any sand in your pockets?

rc213

Xda Nexus 4 thread has reached epic proportions, Got a UPS guy doing numbers of phone shipped on the 14th from Kentucky warehouse.

7000 8gb
10,000 16gb

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Order changed from estimated shipping date to pending, too.

Why did people sell their phones in advance of even ordering the N4? There were no preorders, no time of the store opening, no idea of stock, no idea of demand, the newest hotness at a radically cheap price.

tonykwhy.jpg

Xda Nexus 4 thread has reached epic proportions, Got a UPS guy doing numbers of phone shipped on the 14th from Kentucky warehouse.

7000 8gb
10,000 16gb
i can believe it. i seriously doubt the phone sold anywhere near what you'd think it sold given the shipping delays and other problems with this launch. isnt kentucky the warehouse where all north american shipments come out of? 17000 is nothing for day 1.

tigerin

Is pending a good thing?

Order changed from estimated shipping date to pending, too.

Why did people sell their phones in advance of even ordering the N4? There were no preorders, no time of the store opening, no idea of stock, no idea of demand, the newest hotness at a radically cheap price.

tonykwhy.jpg

Hieberrr

I love the phone, but the stock launcher sucks! Apex ftw (or Nova too if you're into it). The only real complaint I have is that the screen is actually too big. Yeah, I said it. It's huge to the point where its becoming uncomfortable lol.

And the damn protectors the phone came with suck. It just wont stay on. My case (coming from Hong Kong via eBay) needs to come faster (it'll take another week or two)!

Brinbe

Hooray, shipped out and looking to get here tomorrow night... Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be in town to claim it. Just my fucking luck :(

Hooray, shipped out and looking to get here tomorrow night... Unfortunately, I'm not gonna be in town to claim it. Just my fucking luck :(
Mine is scheduled to come tomorrow as well. Guess they are overnighting these now. UPS is so unpredictable for me. Sometimes they come before 11 and others in late evening from 6-8. Thankfully don't have class tomorrow and hoping it comes early morn so I don't have to sit around all day to sign.

naldo

The only real complaint I have is that the screen is actually too big. Yeah, I said it. It's huge to the point where its becoming uncomfortable lol.

Mine showed up on Monday and I'm feeling the same way. Kind of wish I had waited to try it out at a t-mobile store because coming from a 3GS this thing is almost to the point of being unwieldy. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

Great device otherwise, really liking android.

maharg

idspispopd
Mine showed up on Monday and I'm feeling the same way. Kind of wish I had waited to try it out at a t-mobile store because coming from a 3GS this thing is almost to the point of being unwieldy. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

After a while you will find the 3GS screen quaintly small. Virtually guarantee it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I love the phone, but the stock launcher sucks! Apex ftw (or Nova too if you're into it). The only real complaint I have is that the screen is actually too big. Yeah, I said it. It's huge to the point where its becoming uncomfortable lol.

And the damn protectors the phone came with suck. It just wont stay on. My case (coming from Hong Kong via eBay) needs to come faster (it'll take another week or two)!

Give it a few weeks or so. Then try holding an iPhone. You'll be shocked. It's a matter of what you're used to.

This is coming from a guy who thought the Note was too big. But then I bought one and it's totally usable.

SimleuqiR

My order got switched to pending

As it should. Seriously, Google Wallet and the Play Store should match their status. It was pissing me off that my Wallet had Pending from the time I placed the order, yet the store had not updated its status.

At least now I know the order is actually "real". Just gonna have to wait.

Who's we?

the verge.

i'm getting kind of antsy about the nexus 4. it better come back in stock before christmas or at least CES, or i'll probably never end up getting one.

the LTE thing might be a deal-breaker in the states, but right now japan is in the perfect storm of having pretty great 3G and pretty average LTE that doesn't represent anywhere near as much of a jump as you'd get in the US. as such, i need this phone.

Top Bottom