• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 2013 |OT| No SD card edition

vtMZ6JQdsgPhw9CBG05_vmdriUD6R20w6x7XRSCJ2MatarBCJo__lfYuoCh-FBbvOfc=h500-rw

Price
Wifi only 16/32 GB - $229/$269
32 GB LTE - $349
Availability
US - July 30, 2013
UK - Mid September?
Rest of the world - ???
Screen
7.02" 1920x1200 HD display (323 ppi)
1080p HD IPS
Scratch-resistant Corning® glass​
Camera
1.2MP front facing, fixed focus
5MP rear facing, auto focus
Size
114 x 200 x 8.65 mm
OS
Android 4.3
Wireless
Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz) 802.11 a/b/g/n
Bluetooth 4.0
NFC (Android Beam)​
Weight
0.64 lbs (290 g)
Audio Output
Stereo speakers
Surround sound, powered by Fraunhofer¹
3.5mm audio connector​
Memory
16/32 GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less)
2 GB RAM​
Ports
Micro USB
SlimPort™ enabled​
Battery
3,950 mAH (Up to 9 hours of active use)
Wireless Charging built-in (Qi compatible)​
CPU
Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro, 1.5GHz​
GPU
Adreno 320, 400MHz
Sensors

Accelerometer
GPS
Compass
Ambient light
Gyroscope​
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013&hl=en

U2NUMB

So does it have wireless charging? Would love to be able to drop this on my Lumina 920 charging pad.

Edit: Found it on their site

Battery
Wireless Charging built-in (Qi compatible)

Yep awesome

massoluk

Banned
Hey guys, the thread topic wasn't really clear. Is there SD card slot?

/bummer.
Hopefully Asus totally released a slightly different tablet with SD card.

So does it have wireless charging? Would love to be able to drop this on my Lumina 920 charging pad.

Edit: Found it on their site

Battery
Wireless Charging built-in (Qi compatible)

Yep awesome

I copied all the specs right off the site and it's in OP :p

All I need to know is if you can do USB OTG with this, so I can have my little microSD dongle for media.

I'm definitely getting that 16GB version ASAP, though. My first Nexus tablet of my own!

NomarTyme

All I need to know is if you can do USB OTG with this, so I can have my little microSD dongle for media.

I'm definitely getting that 16GB version ASAP, though. My first Nexus tablet of my own!
Ditto. Might make me buy if they allow otg. Loading my usb 3.0 is a lot faster than transferring the shitty usb 2.0.

I love my Nexus 7, use it all time for e-mail, youtube, web, reading comics and books, Google music streaming, great device and perfect size. Really tempted to upgrade, although I think I may wait it out another year. SD slot means little to me, since I store so little locally on it outside of comics, books, and a handful of apps.

BFIB

Sold my Nexus 10 for $300 yesterday, Let me order a Nexus 7 32gb already GOOGY!

I love reading comics on my N10. It was serviceable on my Nexus 7, but I had to do pane by pane view, which I hated.

If the screen resolution means I can read full page view on the comics end, then I might be switching myself. Miss having the portability of a 7" tablet.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm really close to selling my 3rd gen iPad to get one of these. Also, I am kind of surprised that the new Droid Maxx has a 3,500mAH battery and this tablet is "only" 3,950.

U2NUMB

I copied all the specs right off the site and it's in OP :p

You are awesome.. I am not :)

I sure hope this means Best Buy will have them in store day one. Was so upset they did not get to carry the 2012 version right off the bat. I want to walk in and pick it up and get those Reward points.

Willectro

Banned
The original Nexus 7 was a huge disappointment to me for a number of reasons. I really hope they fixed the issues with this new iteration.

gokieks

I have no idea how anyone could possibly expect removable SD storage on a Nexus device at this point. That train has long left the station and it's not coming back - certainly not as long as removable flash memory continue to be uber-cheap commodity items that's made with the lowest grade of NAND with next to no consistency in quality or performance, and most likely never.

As for the new N7, it's not all the exciting to me beyond the screen resolution (and hopefully it will force Apple to put a higher resolution screen on the iPad Mini sooner rather than later), but the price is definitely right for someone who wants an Android tablet.

As for the new N7, it's not all the exciting to me beyond the screen resolution (and hopefully it will force Apple to put a higher resolution screen on the iPad Mini sooner rather than later), but the price is definitely right for someone who wants an Android tablet.

Honestly, I was really excited about the intial spec rumors but the final specifications leave a lot to be desired. I would've at least like something comparable to the Galaxy 4/HTC One, etc. But the price and screen are compelling enough. I'm going to wait to see what Apple announces on the 2nd Generation iPad Mini before buying.

Kiraly

Thread title should have been something to do with the Retina screen, not this negative bullshit

Honestly, I was really excited about the intial spec rumors but the final specifications leave a lot to be desired. I would've at least like something comparable to the Galaxy 4/HTC One, etc. But the price and screen are compelling enough. I'm going to wait to see what Apple announces on the 2nd Generation iPad Mini before buying.

In a 230 USD tablet?

Thread title should have been something to do with the Retina screen, not this negative bullshit

I don't even get the title. The Nexus 7 never had an mSD slot so what does it even mean?

It's not negative. Have you been following all the rumor threads here? Every single one is filled with people asking about SD card storage so best just to put it right in the title and get it over with lol.

Agreed. Not a fan of trolling in OT thread titles.

While this isn't the tablet for me, it is still an amazingly awesome tablet overall. Great to see Google continuing to push the android tablet market forward.

kharma45

It'll be tempting when it comes to the UK but my HP TouchPad with Android still does a decent job of what I ask of it.

Top Bottom