• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

JNA

Banned
What did you did

It's...kind of embarrassing to say.

...my mother texted me a link that said there was going to be a season 6 of Breaking Bad. I hardly read the article (big mistake) and thought "oh wow, that's huge man! I should tell GAF since no one posted it yet!"

So I did, made a thread and it turns out, only a couple of posts in, someone mentioned the article being a parody or whatnot. In other words, fake. So I editied my OP and said "ah crap false link, sorry everyone" and all that stuff but sadly, that up still got me juniored for a few months.

So thanks Mom for sending me a false article. Although I'm an idiot for not actually reading through most of it but...well you know. When I told her it was fake she still wouldn't believe it lol.

Feel free to post laughing gifs at me and all that jazz. Yeah I deserve it. :(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It was weird starting the offseason thread early. Not sure if I like it.

I find starting the offseason thread right after the Super Bowl to be cathartic. Like "okay now that we can all pretend like last season didn't happen and that the Super Bowl that just happened is old news, let's discuss next season!"

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
It's...kind of embarrassing to say.

...my mother texted me a link that said there was going to be a season 6 of Breaking Bad. I hardly read the article (big mistake) and thought "oh wow, that's huge man! I should tell GAF since no one posted it yet!"

So I did, made a thread and it turns out, only a couple of posts in, someone mentioned the article being a parody or whatnot. In other words, fake. So I editied my OP and said "ah crap false link, sorry everyone" and all that stuff but sadly, that up still got me juniored for a few months.

So thanks Mom for sending me a false article. Although I'm an idiot for not actually reading through most of it but...well you know.

Feel free to post laughing gifs at me and all that jazz. Yeah I deserve it. :(

Could've been worse. You could've made a pineapple pizza thread.

brentech

Suh sure is charitable.

Week 4, preseason vs. Cleveland Browns: Fined $7,500 for a facemask on Jake Delhomme

Week 9, regular season vs. New York Jets: Fined $5,000 for using an opponent as leverage on a field goal

Week 13, regular season vs. Chicago Bears: Fined $15,000 for unnecessary roughness on Jay Cutler

Week 2, preseason vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Fined $20,000 for roughing the passer against Andy Dalton

Week 12, regular season vs. Green Bay Packers: Suspended two games (and lost $165,294 in game checks) for stomping on the arm of Evan Dietrich-Smith

Week 12, regular season vs. Houston Texans: Fined $30,000 for kicking Matt Schaub in the groin

Week 1, regular season vs. Minnesota Vikings: Fined $100,000 for low block on John Sullivan

Week 6, regular season vs. Cleveland Browns: Fined $31,500 for helmet to Brandon Weeden's chest

Week 12, regular season vs. Tampa Bay: Fined $7,875 for throat slash

Week 17, regular season vs. Green Bay Packers: Suspended one game (and lost $22,000 in playoff wages) for intentionally stepping on Aaron Rodgers' leg

Total: $216,875 fines plus $187,294 lost wages due to suspension equals $404,169 total.
There is playing nasty....

and there there is playing ineffective and just racking up penalties that harm your team.

It was weird starting the offseason thread early. Not sure if I like it.

I find starting the offseason thread right after the Super Bowl to be cathartic. Like "okay now that we can all pretend like last season didn't happen and that the Super Bowl that just happened is old news, let's discuss next season!"
I just hate having to look at two different threads at once, and trying to keep up.

Drunk Konka made a thread asking Gaf if they thought he was fat, with a picture. He also made a thread just to call out another member :jnc

He had them dominos deals though 😎

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You'll be there in a week kas

were-only-gonna-score-seventeen-points-haha-okay.jpg

I'm confused, I probably just don't get it but what was wrong with that guy's OP exactly? 0_0

Nothing inherently wrong with guy's thread.

Just an inside joke about a regular here named Konka who frequently got drunk and posted stupid stuff while drunk and loved posting pictures of pineapple pizza, which we collectively hate.

He's currently banned.

JNA

Banned

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

...was that the thread that got him banned? 0_0

Just an inside joke about a regular here named Konka who frequently got drunk and posted stupid stuff while drunk and loved posting pictures of pineapple pizza, which we collectively hate.

He's currently banned.

Oh. Ok that makes sense. XD

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

He's currently banned.

His ban is over soon, hopefully.

We've all posted stupid stuff while drunk. Though Konka defense of Hawaiian Pizza was one to go to battle for sober or drunk. All that delicious pineapple.....and ham....

That perfect blend of just the right amount of sweetness from the pineapple and salt and crisp of that delicious ham.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Seriously? No.

He is a scumbag on the field, which is too costly.
He also got stonewalled like has been in a lot of his career prior to this year. Just isn't worth the hype.

If you were a GM that'd be a horrible move. You don't let a once in a generation defensive talent like him walk because he plays with a mean streak and has the NFL front office head hunting him.

JNA

Banned
Seriously? No.

He is a scumbag on the field, which is too costly.
He also got stonewalled like has been in a lot of his career prior to this year. Just isn't worth the hype.

This. Good player but has a crappy attitude and plays dirty.

Bread

Banned
His ban is over soon, hopefully.

We've all posted stupid stuff while drunk. Though Konka defense of Hawaiian Pizza was one to go to battle for sober or drunk. All that delicious pineapple.....and ham....

That perfect blend of just the right amount of sweetness from the pineapple and salt and crisp of that delicious ham.
Fat

brentech

If you were a GM that'd be a horrible move. You don't let a once in a generation defensive talent like him walk because he plays with a mean streak and has the NFL front office head hunting him.

Except he truly isn't a once in a generation talent. There are a number of players doing more than he is on a constant basis. I would rather have a clone of the Packers Mike Daniels than ever have Suh on this team.

He is a god damn cancer to the Lions.

Eleuin

I found it weird how NFL-age never had an off season thread till after the Superbowl.

Playoff OTs move so fast during game days anyways, gotta separate the prospect talk!

JNA

Banned
He doesn't watch games.
Notice how Suh fell off when Fairley went out this year.

If he can't watch his own team, he sure as fuck ain't watching players from other teams.

not sure how that can be said when there are plenty of d-lineman from this generation i would take over suh

That's what I thought.

Guys like JJ Watt are once in a generation. Justin Houston could be too, Suh? Suh is just solid at best who also likes to kick players in the stomach and on their legs.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm done with offseason talk. If the NFL has shred of decency left in them they let Suh play this Sunday.

You see this guy, Josh Brent?

11966462-large.jpg

He killed his teammate and good friend in a DWI accident about a year ago and is still on the Dallas Cowboys roster and will play Sunday.

Get fucked NFL.

brentech

not sure how that can be said when there are plenty of d-lineman from this generation i would take over suh

even if you took away everything about him and his penalties, he wouldn't be a top d line pick.

people respect his strength, but his overall talent has be supremely underwhelming.

I'm done with offseason talk. If the NFL has shred of decency left in them they let Suh play this Sunday.

You see this guy, Josh Brent?

11966462-large.jpg

He killed his teammate and good friend in a DWI accident about a year ago and is still on the Dallas Cowboys roster and will play Sunday.

Get fucked NFL.

Alright you went too fucking far.

Top Bottom