• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

I'm mad but like I said, the offense didn't show up in the second half. One more score and we win that game.

Off season:

-Let Suh walk. He played like a man possessed today, he deserves to be paid big bucks...but we simply cannot afford him. Even franchising him would cripple our ability to fix this team's weaknesses - namely the secondary and o-line.

-Re-sign Fairley. He played well when he was healthy, his weight issue seems to be resolved, and more importantly he showed maturity. His injury could allow us to offer a cheaper deal than we might have if he was healthy.

-Fix the o-line. Injuries decimated us and we need some more depth. Cut Raiola, cut Sims. Whether through the draft or FA we need an upgrade at guard.

-Cut Bush. I've seen enough. Yes the o-line is done, but he doesn't seem to "get" that he's not 25 anymore. The endless cutting and stutter steps result in more 0-2yd gains than anything. Riddick is a better receiver and hopefully can improve as a runner, with a better o-line. I'd also draft an RB within the first four rounds.

-Address the secondary. Slay is developing well, and Mathis had a really good year...but he will be 35 next year. It's time to replace him. We've drafted many CBs over the last few years, it seems like only Slay is worth anything...I'd rather target one in FA than draft another.

Zeke

Wow the level of salt in thread is amazing. Crying about how the game was rigged. I can't roll my eyes any harder.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Someone brought up Kings/Lakers in that thread?

zywmlcdwvpdzsfkuvbua.jpg

Now THAT was the biggest screwjob in sports history.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I do like Kas's attitude about his team though. Is better than seeing all the defeatists all the time.

I like the attitude, hate the lack of humility.

Be all for the team through thick and thin but when they lose to act as if it's everyone else's fault all the time is just weak.

You can't talk all that shit and then act like you never said it when they lose and continue talking shit for the next game.

Why don't you make a good counterargument..

Why do I need to they're your team right? Root for them. If they lose fine but take a defeatist attitude before it happen. It's just downright pathetic to be like that. But I guess this isn't a good counterargument for you. Oh well I'll just remain the only positive fan here.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm mad but like I said, the offense didn't show up in the second half. One more score and we win that game.

Off season:

-Let Suh walk. He played like a man possessed today, he deserves to be paid big bucks...but we simply cannot afford him. Even franchising him would cripple our ability to fix this team's weaknesses - namely the secondary and o-line.

-Re-sign Fairley. He played well when he was healthy, his weight issue seems to be resolved, and more importantly he showed maturity. His injury could allow us to offer a cheaper deal than we might have if he was healthy.

-Fix the o-line. Injuries decimated us and we need some more depth. Cut Raiola, cut Sims. Whether through the draft or FA we need an upgrade at guard.

-Cut Bush. I've seen enough. Yes the o-line is done, but he doesn't seem to "get" that he's not 25 anymore. The endless cutting and stutter steps result in more 0-2yd gains than anything. Riddick is a better receiver and hopefully can improve as a runner, with a better o-line. I'd also draft an RB within the first four rounds.

-Address the secondary. Slay is developing well, and Mathis had a really good year...but he will be 35 next year. It's time to replace him. We've drafted many CBs over the last few years, it seems like only Slay is worth anything...I'd rather target one in FA than draft another.

...I actually agree with everything you've listed, especially re-signing Fairly.

I forgot the most important offseason move: Fire Lombardi. I've seen enough of his offense. Caldwell hit the lottery with Taryl Austin, who had never been an NFL coordinator before...but Lombardi has been a bust. I'd take Trestman.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Marshall Faulk says on Michael Irvin complaining about Faulk saying all the Colts had was Luck and Hilton. Irvin said what about Reggie Wayne. "He's on his way to the Hall of Fame." Faulk responded "he can come sit with us!"

Sorry could you reword this I don't get how this played out. Was it meant in a malicious way?

Now this comment is downright pathetic.

Yeah that was cold

That comment normally could be taken as pathetic, but honestly I don't understand how lions fans do it. I'm a huge celts fan right now, despite their absurd struggles and I will be knowing they have a future, but after all those years you really have to give up hope until something major happens.

iori9999

Banned
Why do I need to they're your team right? Root for them. If they lose fine but take a defeatist attitude before it happen. It's just downright pathetic to be like that. But I guess this isn't a good counterargument for you. Oh well I'll just remain the only positive fan here.

I'm not defeatist.. But they have been a bad franchise..

You have to be confident and optimistic of your team. However there's a difference between being optimistic and just being a straight up douche bag. Kas was at the level of worshiping the ground Stafford walks on.

Farooq

Banned
I think the fact that there's no salary cap for coaches allow Jerrah to surround Garrett with a bunch of past head coaches. As if Garrett makes any of these decisions. He must have stripped the play calling duties from himself too!

Garrett does decide who gets to be on his staff. Remember all the hoopla before Linehan was brought in? Linehan was Garrett's guy.

Dude had a vision for his entire team. For example, after the Cowboys went 6-10, who do they draft in the first round? Tyron Smith. Who did the Cowboys hire as their OC/Offensive line coach that same year? Callahan, a coach who is amazing at developing o-line talent.

JABEE

Sorry could you reword this I don't get how this played out. Was it meant in a malicious way?

That comment normally could be taken as pathetic, but honestly I don't understand how lions fans do it. I'm a huge celts fan right now, despite their absurd struggles and I will be knowing they have a future, but after all those years you really have to give up hope until something major happens.
Faulk said "Luck is by himself. The only other player teams have to worry about is Hilton."
Irvin: "What about Reggie Wayne?"
Faulk: "..."
Irvin "He's a Hall of Famer."
Faulk: "Then he came come sit here with us."

Faulk was basically saying Wayne is done and is not the same player.

Zeke

Stop avatar quote begging.
Yes because a bad call on the refs totally doomed the lions not all the other plays. Nope, no sir it's all the blow call. The blown call is why fatford fumbled twice, the blown call is why Murray started doing work, the blown call is why fatford was stripped sacked. Give me a fucking break. Lions still had a chance to come back and win it. That play didn't take them out of the game they were in it till to the bitter end.

Top Bottom