• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Wild Card |OT| The Prophet

bionic77

CJ3lwjA.jpg
Please post this in the other thread.

:dead

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Faulk said "Luck is by himself. The only other player teams have to worry about is Hilton."
Irvin: "What about Reggie Wayne?"
Faulk: "..."
Irvin "He's a Hall of Famer."
Faulk: "Then he came come sit here with us."

Faulk was basically saying Wayne is done and is not the same player.

Wow what a dick, you think he'd learn.

Faulk said "Luck is by himself. The only other player teams have to worry about is Hilton."

Damn. Thats some grown man shade being thrown right there.

Garrett does decide who gets to be on his staff. Remember all the hoopla before Linehan was brought in? Linehan was Garrett's guy.

Dude had a vision for his entire team. For example, after the Cowboys went 6-10, who do they draft in the first round? Tyron Smith. Who did the Cowboys hire as their OC/Offensive line coach that same year? Callahan, a coach who is amazing at developing o-line talent.
You know what I mean though, Jerry loves to meddle so it's hard to tell how much Garrett actually does.

Tom Penny

and he'd be telling the truth.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
He is right. Wayne is done and Hilton is Lucks only real weapon

Wayne is fine, he just isn't a top receiver anymore, and he's being used as one. He's also a year removed from a major knee injury. That being said, just because somethings true doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it.

linkboy

Detroit had 3 mistakes on the that final drive that cost them the game.

A) The shanked punt.

B) They had Dallas in 3rd and long twice, and ended up getting called twice for defensive holding.

They tackled Dallas's RB twice to prevent them from getting to the flats because the coverage was out of position.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I forgot the most important offseason move: Fire Lombardi. I've seen enough of his offense. Caldwell hit the lottery with Taryl Austin, who had never been an NFL coordinator before...but Lombardi has been a bust. I'd take Trestman.

I've been saying this since week 5. 100% agreed.

LOL

Needed this laugh. Brilliant.

Detroit had 3 mistakes on the that final drive that cost them the game.

A) The shanked punt.

B) They had Dallas in 3rd and long twice, and ended up getting called twice for defensive holding.

They tackled Dallas's RB twice to prevent them from getting to the flats becausecthe coverage was out of position.

The also didn't blitz in the second half either when it was effective in the first half

eznark

Banned
http://www.advancedfootballanalytic...ame?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This was a controversial call by the officials, to say the least. So the question is, how big was this call on the outcome of the game? The Cowboys went on to win, but that doesn't mean the call caused DET to lose with certainty. Either outcome was still possible after the call. We need to think of things probabilistically. Let's break down the effect of the official's call using the new Win Probability Model. After picking up the flag, DET had a 0.672 win probability (WP). Had the pass interference penalty been enforced, DET had a 0.774 WP, a difference of about 0.10 WP or 10 percentage points. That's a big play, but not decisive. To put it in perspective, Stafford's 21-yard pass to Fuller in the 4th quarter to get out from under the shadow of DET's own end zone was worth 0.10 win probability added (WPA). Stafford's 19-yard pass to Johnson in the 3rd quarter on 3rd and 9 was a 0.11 WPA play.

bionic77

Yeah, that was weird. Romo was doing the dumbest shit ever. Literally running in circles.
Atrocious coaching.

They were running plays with an empty backfield on second down when they allegedly have the best RB and line in the game. There was at least one and maybe 2 3rd and shorts where they did this and Romo fucked his way into one missed FG and got bailed out by a baller 51 yard make after he did the same shit.

Really no one deserved to win this game.

I enjoyed the fuck out of it though!

Doorman

Why do I need to they're your team right? Root for them. If they lose fine but take a defeatist attitude before it happen. It's just downright pathetic to be like that. But I guess this isn't a good counterargument for you. Oh well I'll just remain the only positive fan here.

Talking with other friends and co-workers as well as people on the board here, I feel like there's sort of a fundamental disconnect somewhere about how some of us view the team. Is it a defeatist attitude to look at a matchup between two teams and their situations and say "I think the Lions will lose this game"? That's a prediction, not a life's mantra.

I consider myself a Lions fan. Why? Because they're my local team, they're the team I follow the most and the team that I want most to succeed. But that doesn't preclude me from looking at how the team itself is composed and how they play from game to game, and trying to come up with an actual evaluation of their performance. If they play a game and look great and look like a team that can actually contend for a title against the other best teams in the league, then I'll root and cheer and be excited as much as any fan. But if I look at the team and don't honestly see that capability, I'm also not going to blind myself to their issues and lie to myself that the team is something that it's not. That's just setting yourself up for even harsher disappointments. I'm a harsh critic of theirs sometimes, but lack of criticism and foresight is how you wind up with a decade of Millen. Invest in the team, but if you invest too much, you tend to lose the objectivity needed to make the right calls about what's going to happen.

The ending is lame, but this has been one of the most entertaining seasons for me in years, even if most of the games left me feeling very...."myeh." I expect I'll be even harder on the team next year, because I really want Caldwell to prove himself. Give me less to worry about, Jim.

By some miracle of Tebow (and perhaps Rog's Flag Shield) we beat Seattle, I would much rather play Dallas than GB in the NFCCG.

Our choices are playing in Antarctica in front of stadium full of fat racist hicks against the most skillful passer in the history of football OR play in a nice cushy dome against a pretty shitty Dallas D and Tony Romo who's due to blow a game this year. Pretty simple choice to me.

JCizzle

Dave Birkett @davebirkett · 12m 12 minutes ago
Still waiting on the pool report from the Morelli with an explanation why the flag was picked up

Taking an awful long time for Roger to make up this explanation.

Kiryu

AS you ask me. I only have one idea off from this post.
I'll simply put it in...
bbbb.jpg

"Bread is biased fan on same level as Kas with Stafford. Jimmy G. isn't the "Sexy God". Tom Brady QB God, Tim Tebow bows to him.. and Go Hawks!" in my NFL Official Thread.

No idea why I posted this. You're still cool in my book.

Bucket's called all of the playoff OT's
Thanks. Bucket doin' all dirty work for NEOGAF. He's great man.

Top Bottom