• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Why the fuck would I do that to my kids? Brother Rando pls.

2 pitchers got damn close to half a billion dollars combined just this week alone

It's a money farm. Don't even have to be good, just decent

DOTA, Youtube, and baseball. Decent at any of those three and there's no reason you can't be a millionaire eventually

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2 pitchers got damn close to half a billion dollars combined just this week alone

DOTA, Youtube, and baseball. Decent at any of those three and there's no reason you can't be a millionaire eventually

Well, you need to be one of the best 1000 people on the planet at baseball to even make a living doing it, let alone be a star.

Youtube...you got a point there. Some mediocre ass talent out there with mansion money.

rando14

Well, you need to be one of the best 1000 people on the planet at baseball to even make a living doing it, let alone be a star.

Youtube...you got a point there. Some mediocre ass talent out there with mansion money.

Nah man, baseball's farm system is outrageously deep. You can make a very decent living being a perennial loser in the minors. I mean each year there's a 40+ round draft, EVERYBODY gets drafted

Push your kid into pitching and enjoy paying for Tommy John surgery in his teens.

Surely you are not debating the safety of Baseball vs Football, right?

32 year old Zack Grienke just signed a 6 year $195 million contract. Every penny guaranteed boiii

Okay yall convinced me. How much does a pitching coach cost? Would I be a bad father if I didn't show up to the games though? I mean as long as I am there in spirit right?

rando14

Okay yall convinced me. How much does a pitching coach cost? Would I be a bad father if I didn't show up to the games though? I mean as long as I am there in spirit right?

I'm just looking out for Western Jr's best interest :')

Oh and apparently the deal is actually 6 years $206 million

*legit bout to pass out, everything spinning

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nah man, baseball's farm system is outrageously deep. You can make a very decent living being a perennial loser in the minors. I mean each year there's a 40+ round draft, EVERYBODY gets drafted

Fine, you're still talking about 5000-10000 people on the entire planet with enough athletic ability to play ball and make a living. Long odds. Some total dweebs I know quit their jobs to youtube and make about 5k more than they did in the rat race. Crazy if you get even a slight following behind you.

Surely you are not debating the safety of Baseball vs Football, right?

Nah. Just saying I played a lot of baseball as a kid and all my friends that stuck with it ended up blowing out their shoulders in high school.

People push their kids into pitching not realizing the astronomically low odds they make anything of it and the very high chance they do permanent damage to their arms.

Don't do it. No amount of money can make up for the shame of knowing your son plays baseball.

I'd rather be poor than to subject my son to baseball.

boosh.gif

rando14

Fine, you're still talking about 5000-10000 people on the entire planet with enough athletic ability to play ball and make a living. Long odds. Some total dweebs I know quit their jobs to youtube and make about 5k more than they did in the rat race. Crazy if you get even a slight following behind you.

I'll take your word for it, I'm not too familiar with Youtube careers and stuff... figured it would be oversaturated by now

Nah. Just saying I played a lot of baseball as a kid and all my friends that stuck with it ended up blowing out their shoulders in high school.

People push their kids into pitching not realizing the astronomically low odds they make anything of it and the very high chance they do permanent damage to their arms.

Yeah it's a tough biz

Zeke

Make all of your kids play baseball, brahs
going the basketball route if doesn't like it oh well he can pick something else. I hate baseball so with my luck my son will do that and I'll be bored out of my skull during games.
edit: link is broken Trejo

DMczaf

Top Bottom