• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

KingBroly

Banned
This Sunday (Yesterday) was the most unexpected fuckery football with good teams (Patroits, Steelers, and Seahawks) to lose and it certainly looked like Cardinals only did very well.

This week we are all fraud fans!

So the Panthers aren't good?

And the Redskins aren't frauds. We're Kings of Shit Mountain!

squicken

Can ChiefsGAF come you here for a second? Can someone please, please take a blowtorch to this myth circulating around social media that Johnny outperformed Alex? I'm tired of arguing with Browns fans about Johnny's performance today as some indicator that he deserves praise for, their words damn sure not mine, "outplaying Alex Smith"..

Alex played less bad than Manziel. Both guys running so much makes me think the wind was making things tough to throw the ball very far. But Johnny had an easy throw that could have been a TD. The only argument for Mazniel is the relative strength of the offensive units, but he had plays to make and didn't make them

e: This guy broke down every throw. Gannon was the pefect guy to call this game. Lots of good analysis on his play

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind..._browns_kansas_city_c_2.html#incart_big-photo

e2: Pretty much the most Dolphins thing ever

CXTp6rhWkAE_aij.jpg:large

Jarnet87

Lovie Smith will likely not get fired at the end of this year, but he deserves to be. at 6-6 this team had a chance to control it's playoff destiny. What has followed is 3 straight losses with very few bright moments. The team was embarrassed on prime time against the Rams, the following week they made the Saints D look like a top 10 D. yesterday the Bears shoved the ball right up the gut of Tampa and dominated the game. You'd think with a shot at the playoffs most teams would tighten up, not the Bucs. Every week the penalties are game changing, the turnovers continue. I really feel like this team has won 6 games in spite of Lovie, not because of him.

eznark

Banned
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-arizona-cardinals-b99641104z1-363589871.html

Fuck me what do the papers in say, Cleveland read like on Monday mornings?

After that fast September start, the Packers have been outgained and almost outscored in winning seven of 12 games. Here and there, the defense and special teams have made the difference. The offense almost never has.

Since being pounded in Carolina seven weeks ago, the Packers went 4-2 against teams their own speed. Some had a feeling that the Packers' success was a house of cards, and that it would all fall apart the first time they encountered another powerhouse team.

"Almost outscored" is the new winning.

"Pounding" is the new losing by one score.

Playoff charlatans, impostors, pretenders, call them what you will. They all apply to the Packers, possibly the worst team in franchise history ever to win 10 or more games.

And you wonder why I'm a pessimist!

I'm not saying he is wrong, but Bob McGinn is the most respected Packers beat writer (I think he is a fucking clown but others like him) and he writes like this!

So don't worry Panthers fans. At least your own writers aren't calling you "the worst x x team in history"

squicken

ESPN has Eli's game last night as like historically bad. The only good play I remember was the screen to Jennings, who, like Collinsworth said, seemed to be the only Giants player trying

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...-arizona-cardinals-b99641104z1-363589871.html

I'm not saying he is wrong, but Bob McGinn is the most respected Packers beat writer (I think he is a fucking clown but others like him) and he writes like this!

So don't worry Panthers fans. At least your own writers aren't calling you "the worst x x team in history"

Pretty much this Ez.. Pretty much this.. With a little more self depreciating.

squicken

I have to imagine the Steelers are getting ripped. There's no massaging that loss. They played with nowhere near BAL's energy despite being right in the playoff hunt

SonnyBoy

I have to imagine the Steelers are getting ripped. There's no massaging that loss. They played with nowhere near BAL's energy despite being right in the playoff hunt

Especially in lieu of all that entitled talk about how they're more deserving of a team than others to be in the playoffs. I found it fitting.

SonnyBoy

All these Ravens fans at work are pea-cocking about... It's sickening. I've had at least 2 conversations this morning about how Mallet is not their future QB. Idiots.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Especially in lieu of all that entitled talk about how they're more deserving of a team than others to be in the playoffs. I found it fitting.

very fitting. I think they thought they could roll their helmets out there and beat the ravens.

4 chances from the 5 yard line and the dolphins can't get it in? C'mon.

eznark

Banned
All these Ravens fans at work are pea-cocking about... It's sickening. I've had at least 2 conversations this morning about how Mallet is not their future QB. Idiots.

That game definitely kept him in the league another three years though. He made some really great throws. Guess he just had to get away from O'Brien.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That game definitely kept him in the league another three years though. He made some really great throws. Guess he just had to get away from O'Brien.

Fitzpatrick is having decent success in New York too.

Safe to say that BOB is not a quarterback guy.

SonnyBoy

I didn't mean to take anything away from the man. From the snippets I saw, he was tossing the ball around just fine. I don't want to initiate a Flacco debate on here but I think the guy kinda gets railed on needlessly by this fan base. For a SB winning QB who rarely if ever has the same OC/scheme for more than 2 years at a time, I think he's does well considering the circumstances. #shrug

squicken

Glad someone on the team is calling Rodgers out

https://vine.co/v/iqzdjxHhrYq

Rodgers can kind of have a slight woe is me look and demeanor sometimes. Nothing like late-era Marino's hissy fits, but I can see how some teammates might get annoyed by him sometimes. He still has some awesome WOW plays, but he's not as good play to play as he has been in the past.

Pass protection issues have a cumulative effect and that would be my guess on his struggles

Crisco

Banned
Ugh, just a 4-man rush that beat us, right tackle got beat at the line and let the defender get around him for a strip/sack. Ultimately though, I have to put that on Cam, he should felt the pressure coming and slid away from it. It's the one hole remaining in his game, he's kind of a statue in the pocket when he's got his mind set on throwing, which is why pressure affects him so badly.

Ronin

Sucks to wake up knowing that our final game will be meaningless, but I'm feeling encouraged. Beat the Saints next week and finish strong on a three game win streak. The fast start fooled people and got expectations up, but we were always an 8 or 9 win team this year. Overall it is an improvement over last year, but there's still work to be done. Looking forward to what Quinn can do with a couple of offseasons.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers can kind of have a slight woe is me look and demeanor sometimes. Nothing like late-era Marino's hissy fits, but I can see how some teammates might get annoyed by him sometimes. He still has some awesome WOW plays, but he's not as good play to play as he has been in the past.

Pass protection issues have a cumulative effect and that would be my guess on his struggles

I guess it needs context.

This was after a second down pass to Davante Adams on the goal line that Adams completely misplayed. Adams had the first pass go right through his hands. Adams had one on one on the outside, Rodgers threw a fade, Adams missed it.

Consensus on Packers twitter is some variation of "why did you throw there" or "why throw to him."

Given how abysmal Adams has played this year and how active Lang is on social media/football analytics...it's likely he finally let the fristration with Rodgers' continued faith in Adams boil over.

It had nothing to do with his "demeanor" Dr. Squicken.

WedgeX

Banned

Jim Caldwell called the Detroit news media the most pessimistic he'd ever been around. Which really should not surprise him.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Fitzpatrick is having decent success in New York too.

Safe to say that BOB is not a quarterback guy.

Fitzmagic had his best year in his career under O'Brien, until this year of course.

Maybe Mallet needed a wakeup call to pull his head out of his ass. Word came out after he missed the flight to Miami, that this wasn't the first time he's missed practices or flights or meetings dating back to last year, of course none of this was ever reported, except for what was shown on hard knocks.

Sanjuro

Fitz was always a serviceable QB. His breed just doesn't have that sort of place in the league. This year though, a ton of teams would have loved some of his Magic.

Ugh, just a 4-man rush that beat us, right tackle got beat at the line and let the defender get around him for a strip/sack. Ultimately though, I have to put that on Cam, he should felt the pressure coming and slid away from it. It's the one hole remaining in his game, he's kind of a statue in the pocket when he's got his mind set on throwing, which is why pressure affects him so badly.

The coaches have drilled "play from the pocket" into him so much that he just doesn't try to throw on the move anymore. He has two distinct modes, if he's gonna run, he's gonna RUN and if he's gonna pass, he's going to stick there for as long as humanly possible.

Yesterday was his worst game of the season since at least the Eagles game and definitely not how we want to see him playing going into the playoffs. The fact that it corresponds with the o-line seemingly regressing the last two weeks is not surprising.

eznark

Banned
The Carson Palmer MVP Train has left the station and is picking up serious momentum.

Which shows you how idiotic most NFL writers are. Nothing that happened yesterday really should have changed your vote to this point. Palmer has been the better QB. Newton had the better record. That did not change yesterday. If you are voting on QBWinz then Cam is your guy. If you are voting on individual performance, Palmer is your guy. If you are voting on Best Performance Without A Supporting Cast, Brady is your guy. A week 15 meaningless fart in the wind shouldn't really impact much.

Exposes the writers who were just voting based on the "HE IS UNDEFEATED" peer pressure.

squicken

haha didn't realize what the context was. I retract my Dr Phil criticisms ... for now

Fitz was always a serviceable QB. His breed just doesn't have that sort of place in the league. This year though, a ton of teams would have loved some of his Magic.
Fitz and Cousins are getting the 2013 Josh McCown/Nick Foles bounce of great targets and healthy offensive lines. But I do agree that he is the exact guy you want as a bridge QB. Jets long term problem is they have a bridge to nowhere right now

RBH

Sucks to wake up knowing that our final game will be meaningless, but I'm feeling encouraged. Beat the Saints next week and finish strong on a three game win streak. The fast start fooled people and got expectations up, but we were always an 8 or 9 win team this year. Overall it is an improvement over last year, but there's still work to be done. Looking forward to what Quinn can do with a couple of offseasons.

Despite the fact that we're missing the playoffs, I'm actually feeling a bit upbeat right now. Yesterday was the first time in ages that the Falcons showed some fight in them. Now it's just a matter of getting them to show that fight every single week. I'm also looking forward to seeing what can be done with the personnel.

Draxal

ESPN has Eli's game last night as like historically bad. The only good play I remember was the screen to Jennings, who, like Collinsworth said, seemed to be the only Giants player trying

Giant's roster is so bad right now, Beckham hides so many things with the offensive side of the roster (lack of a second wr with Cruz out, lack of a decent te, John Jerry and Marshall Newhouse starting on this offensive line, alot of bad teams have bad lines, but this team has a bad line with no skill players).

And the offensive side is much better than the defensive side.

LJ11

I've always had a soft spot for Chan Gailey, he didn't have much in Buffalo, made the most out of it on O, clueless on D which is where the talent resided, but his O moves the ball against most defenses except 1, Rex Ryan's. I expect Rex & Co to get torn the fuck up for a change, will be hilarious and embarrassing all at the same time. Feel the Jets run game should be even better than it is considering the passing numbers, gun run game isn't as good for Chan in NYC.

Crisco

Banned
The coaches have drilled "play from the pocket" into him so much that he just doesn't try to throw on the move anymore. He has two distinct modes, if he's gonna run, he's gonna RUN and if he's gonna pass, he's going to stick there for as long as humanly possible.

Yesterday was his worst game of the season since at least the Eagles game and definitely not how we want to see him playing going into the playoffs. The fact that it corresponds with the o-line seemingly regressing the last two weeks is not surprising.

The weird thing is we ran the ball well which usually bodes well for the offense but we just kept failing in critical situations, killing drives that should have ended in TDs with a field goal or punt. Vic Beasley had his biggest game of the season against Mike Remmers, who's looking worse with each passing week. We need to shake up the line a bit, maybe play that rookie Williams more at right tackle.

SonnyBoy

Despite the fact that we're missing the playoffs, I'm actually feeling a bit upbeat right now. Yesterday was the first time in ages that the Falcons showed some fight in them. Now it's just a matter of getting them to show that fight every single week. I'm also looking forward to seeing what can be done with the personnel.

They were tenacious yesterday. I was really improved with the pursuit of the front 7. Speed is everything. The rookie DE/OLB really came into his own.

Like I said 3 weeks ago,

If MVP= Passer of the Year, it should go to Palmer.
If MVP= QB who actually most impacted his team positively the most (I.E. actually most valuable) it's Russell Wilson.

The only reason it's not Brady is because...

If MVP= Actual Most Valuable Player, it should go to Gronkowski

Top Bottom