• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

Striker

Giant's roster is so bad right now, Beckham hides so many things with the offensive side of the roster (lack of a second wr with Cruz out, lack of a decent te, John Jerry and Marshall Newhouse starting on this offensive line, alot of bad teams have bad lines, but this team has a bad line with no skill players).

And the offensive side is much better than the defensive side.
Eli, Vereen, Jennings, Darkwa, Beckham, Harris, Tye, Flowers, Pugh, Richburg... honestly, everyone else? OK, you can throw in JPP, DRC, and Hankins (even though he had an underwhelming year). But the rest are jags. Prince I want to say I would love to keep but since returning he hasn't been very good in coverage. He's a great tackler, though. With his injury history I'm not confident in a potential big deal he gets is worth it. But... Trevin Wade, Jayron Hosley, Tremaine McBride... Goddamit Reese.

eznark

Banned
Like I said 3 weeks ago,

If MVP= Passer of the Year, it should go to Palmer.
If MVP= QB who actually most impacted his team positively the most (I.E. actually most valuable) it's Russell Wilson.

The only reason it's not Brady is because...

If MVP= Actual Most Valuable Player, it should go to Gronkowski

If that is the criteria there isn't much of an argument against Romo.

Draxal

Eli, Vereen, Jennings, Darkwa, Beckham, Harris, Tye, Flowers, Pugh, Richburg... honestly, everyone else? OK, you can throw in JPP, DRC, and Hankins (even though he had an underwhelming year). But the rest are jags. Prince I want to say I would love to keep but since returning he hasn't been very good in coverage. He's a great tackler, though. With his injury history I'm not confident in a potential big deal he gets is worth it. But... Trevin Wade, Jayron Hosley, Tremain McBride... Goddamit Reese.

Cruz, but this roster is god awful, doesn't excuse the Giants for giving Andre Williams so much burn when there's better players on the roster (I'd say for the same for Kuhn but the talent behind him wasn't great either).

Striker

Cruz, but this roster is god awful.
If Reese/FO counts on him to be a top 3 WR next year they should be shipped out, too.

Sign a FA and draft another WR in the first four rounds. Then you'll have Beckham, Harris, FA, and draft pick in line in case Cruz isn't the same anymore (he likely isn't).

RBH

jt3v4tcmyltqcljncgbc.gif

The most impressive play the Giants made last night was that last millisecond tip on the pass to Wallace in the corner of the end zone on third down.

That was a TD 90 times out of 100.

effzee

Was away the whole weekend so didn't get to post.

Congrats to the Washington football team.

The Eagles are such an awful stupid team. I couldn't believe the mistakes they repeatedly made.

Here's hoping to lose against the Giants to get a top 10 pick.

bionic77

Fucking Ravens...

Those shits must be so happy that they knocked us out of the playoffs.

Now I remember why I always hated that smug fuck Harbaugh.

It is still our fault though because their defense has been horrible all year. Not surprising at all to see a Tomlin team yet again not take a shit team seriously. We do this at least two times every year.

This game is the worst. I am going to quit football and just watch Star Wars every Sunday. At least that makes me happy!

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Fucking Ravens...

It is still our fault though because their defense has been horrible all year. Not surprising at all to see a Tomlin team yet again not take a shit team seriously. We do this at least two times every year.

This game is the worst. I am going to quit football and just watch Star Wars every Sunday. At least that makes me happy!

Write Daisy some love letters

Godslay

Banned
I hope the Bengals win tonight

It's a very real possibility.

Brock's non-throwing shoulder is torn up. Even though it's not preventing him from throwing, I'm guessing it might have some effect on him.

The Steelers flubbed the Ravens game so we just have to win 1 out of the next two to make the playoffs. I'm always down for a road warrior team if we lose the division to the Chiefs and make the playoffs. HFA and byes are nice, but there is something to be said for a team that can go on the road and win. Denver might not be that team, but I hope they have that mentality if faced with that.

I wonder if BG, Randall, uncle bionic, and Milk John have resolved their differences over Ms. Ridley's affection.

Anyone else want to jump in the Rey Battle Royale before I get these betting lines poppin?

Fucking Ravens...

At least you aren't Cleveland.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Everybody in here complaining about their team not playing when it counts, missing the playoffs, etc.

I don't want to hear it. The Lions are winning meaningless games against TERRIBLE teams, and all it serves to do is make Caldwell look good. They're going to keep him as head coach, while your team will rebound and be good against next year.

Greg

Everybody in here complaining about their team not playing when it counts, missing the playoffs, etc.

I don't want to hear it. The Lions are winning meaningless games against TERRIBLE teams, and all it serves to do is make Caldwell look good. They're going to keep him as head coach, while your team will rebound and be good against next year.
c7oReum.jpg

edit: fitting that points right at Aaron's face

eznark

Banned

jim-caldwell-detroit-lions-coach.jpg

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/oh...Caldwell/9436eda2-c641-45d3-a783-6e6509c0ff41

This week’s Monday Countdown looks at how a strong case has been built for Caldwell to return – chiefly with a breakdown of his record, clear support of players and previous comments by Ford – and also with the biggest factor that would put it in doubt.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Yeah. What would Buffalo fans have to say about missing the playoffs.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Is the biggest factor that would put it in doubt, the fact that he is a terrible coach? Lions would be nuts to bring Caldwell back.

its amazing, your football IQ works just fine, except for when you're talking about anything related to the eagles.

Missing the playoffs? I don't know what that feels like.

Niners make tomsula look bad and he will still be back. We have, by far, the worst coaching staff in the league

For all the crap I give Tannehill I have to admit he is a tough son of a bitch.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article51792230.html

Nobody needs the season to end more than Ryan Tannehill.

He was so beat up Sunday that he could barely put on his own shoes in the postgame locker room.
Dolphins teammates marveled about Tannehill's toughness after the game. One said that he could barely catch his breath in the huddle after some of the hits.

“Well, I don’t like it,” said Tannehill, who left Sun Life Stadium with his entire left leg wrapped. “I don’t like getting hit. That’s where we’re at right now. We’ll have to find a way to protect and get the ball out.”

Tannehill’s body wasn’t in the best condition even before Sunday’s carnage. It’s no surprise — he’s been sacked more times (183) than any NFL quarterback since 2012.

Then there’s this: Late last week, there was blood in Tannehill’s urine, multiple sources tell the Miami Herald. The cause and severity of the condition was not known, but obviously, that’s not good.
And yet Tannehill made his 63rd consecutive start Sunday, competed 26 of 38 passes for 329 yards and gave his team the chance to win at the end.

He even broke loose for a 28-yard run on the final drive — adding at least 10 yards to the play when he faked a slide and cut back into the defense.

Malalaw

It's nice to just watch football without a care in the world. Not going to the playoffs, just enjoying the games stress free.

eznark

Banned
This was fun, see if you can get B. A is Davante Adams:

Last 5 games:

A: 35 targets, 16 catches, 121 yards, 1 TD, 7.6 YPC.
B: 15 targets, 12 catches, 168 yards, 0 TD, 14 YPC.

Any guesses?

Hint: B is not on the Packers, but is on an NFC North team. He is also a WR.

On Saturday ray diddinger said that he heard from 2 different sources that the Texans are going to make a big push for Bradford. I really hope chip uses the franchise tag on him this offseason if they can't work out a long term deal.

Caldwell is definitely coming back. And with a weaker strength of schedule next season we'll probably win some more games against bad teams and potentially compete for a wildcard. All while wasting time that could have been spent rebuilding.

The most damning case against Caldwell has nothing to do with his terrible game management IMO. It has to do with the fact that if he had his way Lombardi would still be OC. We'd still be running terrible 3-4 yard plays, the o-line would still be running a terrible zone blocking scheme, talented guys like Theo Riddick would barely be getting touches, etc.

This team has talent but it also has huge holes. I like our secondary although I wouldn't mind another vet CB. We need a DT, bad. Ngata played himself into shape and has been good lately but it would be idiotic to bring him back as anything more than a rotational guy. Kas was right about Devin Taylor: he's better than his former college teammate Clowney, and while I'd draft another DE I like him and Ansah together. Getting a good disruptive DT would make them even better. And the idea of Ansah getting better is scary as fuck.

Levy will be back next year, but outside of him we need a complete makeover at LB. Our guys are slow and can't cover for shit.

Offense wise we need a RT and probably a new center. Wouldn't mind another RB to replace Bell. TJ Jones has promise as a WR. We need to find another in the draft. Not in the first or second round, Kas. But we need someone who can stretch the field.

I'd prefer to cut Megatron and let him go to a winning franchise but if we keep him we have to restructure his contract. I don't think he's finished. He's a deep threat but can't do it when Stafford is running for his life. Fix the o-line and you fix Megatron.

I don't feel like talking about Stafford right now.

Furyous

For all the crap I give Tannehill I have to admit he is a tough son of a bitch.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article51792230.html

Counterargument: Tannehill FUCKING SUCKS and couldn't complete a pass against the practice squad defense in two minute drills, according to sources. FOH with this but, but, but, look at his grit.

Are you guys excited for the Kellen Moore vs. Colt McCoy NFC East Week 17 showdown?

As a matter of fact, yes I'm excited. The battle of the perennial clipboard holders. At least Kellen is starting and getting NFL game reps. Meanwhile Colt just happy to be on a roster collecting a check contributing to the team. I'm even more excited for defensive coordinators that have an offseason to study game film of Kirk Cousins against NFL starting defenses as this might be his Nick Foles season and not indicative of actual performance moving forward.

Tom Penny

If the Pats lose homefield catching an L from the Dolphins Im going to pissed off. That would be like the Steelers losing to the Mallet led Ravens.

Top Bottom